LCD Ex-rank supporting roles replay in a prestigious school

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Oct 23, 2020.

1. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had completely forgotten about the lung cancer. Makes sense that his "soul" would have some kind of memory of it. Or maybe his body was going to develop cancer again, and the godess preemptively cured it?

TXHY likes this.
  2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    MC isn't good at chess right? Maybe he already got some training while playing the game. The chess tournament was an event after all.

3. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything about chess has never been mentioned before actually, so we know nothing about MC's chess capability or the event in the game. One thing for sure, MC thinks about his moves thoroughly and never does anything out of his ability, so he might be able to play chess to a certain level. Well, we will see more about this in the next chapters, let's just patiently wait here... :blobpopcorn:

I actually laughed at the comment from Ji-ik member "if the 1-0 students become bad because of your mean comments and they destroy any facilities, it's your responsibility and I'll kill ya" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    And I don't understand 'Karen' that mentioned often in those comments... Anyone care to enlighten me on this? :blobunsure:

Yasmine bezzi and kyoshijiro like this.
  4. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Karen is American slang for middle-aged white entitled women who always ask to see the manager when they are unsatisfied with a product.

MC talked a bit about chess when he signed up for the chess tournament. That guy from the dragon clan with space abilities is the teacher supervising the event and the chess club.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Yasmine bezzi and TXHY like this.
  5. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I loved this chapter. Totally what I needed rn.

TXHY likes this.
  6. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I understood, the MC is like, completely bad at chess. or at least thats how he sees it. he seems to be scared of playing it, and he only had the courage to apply to the chess tournament after gaining courage form others to confront their weakness.
    Its possible that he is actually good at chess but only ever played against a grand-master demon who traumatised him but that seems unlikely

Yasmine bezzi, tati79 and Baldingere like this.
  7. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you will have a lot to dug out if you investigate him, overworked-nim. How deep can you go? Even the golden tiger hasn't reached far.

Yasmine bezzi, TXHY and kyoshijiro like this.
  8. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to investigate the past of a transmigrator is tough shit

Yasmine bezzi and Baldingere like this.
  9. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, his two hours of sleep might be his last for... until he gives up or falls asleep on the spot :blob_grin:

Yasmine bezzi, kyoshijiro and TXHY like this.
  10. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine having to sneak in to be able to see one's dad :blobsad: We don't know much about that guy (can't remember names) but I quite like him
    MC is procrastinating on chess! That being said, I'm quite expectant as to how dashing he will be in party clothes.
    Ugh, I wish I could read korean, or find the raws to mtl:blobspy: I want to binge-read it in one sitting...:blobnosebleed: But I don't have the patience to wait for the translation to be over, I always give in to tentation and read the new chap... :notlikeblob::notlikeblob: and the raws are ongoing too anyway, but at least there's more to read. I knew I shouldn't have started when there were only 75 chapters but I couldn't help it, like always. But it's also fun to comment after each chapter, so there are advantages
    Maybe there's a spoiler thread

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Yasmine bezzi, TXHY and kyoshijiro like this.
  11. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if hes going to skip, or hes just going to finish quickly and escape before clubs end.
    he also needs that suit, so he has ample reason to go

12. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he does need a suit, and proragonist of the game is probably good advice at choosing one, but it's J-1 he should find somebody to train him in chess asap. Maybe one of the tiger clan could train him. Does the chess tournament take one day or does it last several days in the evening or middaybreak?

13. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Why train? It's not like he needs to win or anything. His goal seems to make connections with the chess club advisor and to face his weakness. Winning, or even playing well, isn't needed

Baldingere likes this.
  14. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    But for that, isn't it better to last longer in the tournament?

15. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, but it isn't really worth wasting time training if he has more important things to do

Baldingere likes this.
  16. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    The timeline and agenda is pretty confusing. wasnt he supposed to buy tuxedos on the same day of the chess tournament?

17. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the day before

TXHY and kyoshijiro like this.
  18. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it seems from the latest chapter that our mc might have been a chess enthusiasts in his youth but seems to have become traumatized by it in some way. I would have first thought it was something to do with his families death, but considering he seemed to have made peace with that over the years i assume it's something else

19. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    So you think that his own life got transferred to the character he transmigrated into, and the reason his opponents don't remember him is because he didn't fight against them but against people in his previous life? I think it makes sense giving he didn't have a chess board and had to buy one, so the guy he transmigrated into might not be a chess player at all.
    I originally thought MC was worried because he's bad at chess but it seems to be something else. He got a headache so quickly... It might still be related to his family, if it's a trauma problem. Like people who can't ride cars after a car accident, even if they found peace about their co-riders death, their subconscious still sabotages them and makes them unable to use a car. That being said, it can totally be something else, I simply have no idea what it could be given we don't know much about MC yet.

20. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand and guess, he didn't take over anyone's body but had his body and past "constructed" by the higher dimensional being. It is meant to copy his own past as much as possible, so the general events of his childhood are similar. But only on paper. All the people who supposedly met him don't remember him because they never met him, and the higher dimensional being either can't alter their memories or it isn't worth the effort so it only left things vague in their head

Yasmine bezzi, c3ltic and TXHY like this.