Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her father blamed her because she dropped her present for her grandfather in the carriage and the brother tried to pick it up for her. The carriage then hit a stone and tilted because the latches weren't put on properly resulting in the brother getting injured and permanently damaging his left arm, whilst their mother who tried to protect the brother after he fell broke her neck and died instantly. So because it was her present that led to these unfortunate events the father placed all the blame on her rather than the carriage not being assembled properly.

2. asuramaru

asuramaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agh, whatever was his reason or some shit, it DOES NOT justify his wrongdoings. HE was equally responsible for her demise as her shitty father and that bitch ex-fiancee. Honestly, I'm getting a little worried how nowadays forgiving, justifying and ending up with your abuser is romanticized in novels, media (Abandoned Empress, I don't want to be loved or let's take 50 shades of grey) in real life there is no such fairytales and victims just end up being too broken and traumatized to fight for themselves. I know here is just fiction but still it conveys some message nonetheless, and here it's not that positive imho. Girls and guys never ever justify any violence...Again having a reason doesn't justify the wrongdoings and also being a victim doesn't entitle them to abuse and exert violence on innocents "in revenge" just because someone in the past abused them

3. Dinadina

Dinadina Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope her excuse of a father dies a horrible horrible death.

beazacha, mia-chan, J A D E and 5 others like this.
  4. roshiku

roshiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for this discussion rant but like I hope people can give more idea how make the father suffer

I hope her brother find out how bad the trash called the father is, team up with the ML (give ML some redemption points) and take over the dukedom quickly and confined the trash father like how the FL was confined for 6 years in the first life and live as he was dead!! Maybe break a leg or two and sit in a wheelchair forever.

Honestly, I think he blame only the FL and not the brother because maybe he misogynistic and he biased against his son, also I think FL was injury free or had no serious injuries so she was a easy target. I still don’t understand why he did not blame the fact the carriage wasn’t build properly like that really the reason why the mom died even if she didn’t try to protect the brother, base on where she sitting, she could have fling off and broke her neck anyway.

If anything, he should be grateful both of his children are still alive, I mean doesn’t the daughter look like the mom, at least you have your daughter to remind you what your wife look like and how caring she was. Also if any of the children dies and the mom was still alive, I bet she would have died early from mental health issues and depression from her children death.

Also thank you for the spoiler!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    why didn’t she and the brother kill their father !! It will end all there problems ..

roshiku likes this.
  6. roshiku

roshiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death is too nice of a punishment. He need to SUFFER!

7. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think i had a stroke reading that logic. if someone told me this happened in real life, i'd think they were fucking with me.
    i can only hope that the MC literally bars her shitty dad from ever coming near her or her child, maybe the elemental spirits can do her a solid and kill him slowly

Bella94, beazacha, DOHere and 7 others like this.
  8. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, again, you're coming off saying he's literally justified in allowing her to be tortured for a prolonged experience because of his background and because she got married to him. That's kind of disturbing. Like, again, it's people can't understand what me and other posters have said: In this type historic setting, women are literally dependent on their families and male partners. Literally second class citizens. So, by your statement, it's reasonable for her be tortured by his ex on behalf of her father because of his deal with her father for power while he turns a blind eye? So yeah, you do come off a bit heartless.

So, no??? That's not what noble men do. Most noble men, who disinterested in their wives, would just let her live her best life in the manor with keeping a mistress outside for his pleasure. She does her thing, he does his. In fact, in historically, that's how it usually rolls. Being "okay" with torture is not really a historic noble personality trait, but more of a psychopathic trait. Perhaps you forgot the term "noblesse oblige", "the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged." Being apathetic to your wife being tortured for over 6+ years really isn't that, especially directly allowing it to happen and giving space to it makes him just as bad as abuser. He's literally the one, essentially, wining and dining the abuser while she acts. Not even his son was spared. Nor would any sane noble member allow their daughter to remarry into that sort of thing.

He's only sorry in the end because his son gave him same the ending. Period. No out of empathy, not because he's able to empathize. But because it happened to him and he wants to prevent that ending. Not really that noble.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah noblesse oblige was an excuse just for nobles to do whatever the fuck they wanted

The nobles who were actually noble are a mere minority. I mean telling peple there above someone just for being born, will make assholes out of em

And the funny thing is that on sites like novelupdates peple excuse the ML more then the FL. But if you go on sites such as reddit its seems more people excuse the FLs then the MLs

I guess cause it's mostly young people on here ...

I'll always feel the need to take the females side over the males in a historical setting. You know why? Men had way more power then females. Same goes for Commoners and nobles. And the dad didnt force the ML to do shit. He wanted to be heir and the way to do that was by marrying the FL. He could have said no and found another way. It wouldn't have affected his rep in anyway

But he wants his cake and to eat it too

Bella94, Alexaaa_23, DOHere and 7 others like this.
  10. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @yserieh @theilikepie you guys need to learn how to respect someone else’s opinion and read carefully what people say. Nowhere did previous commenters say that MC deserved what had happened to her, and no one ever said that ML did everything right. The only thing that has changed in everyone’s attitude is that we know the motivation of ML and know his circumstances to feel a bit of pity for him too, not blaming everything on him, because there was a powerful mastermind behind everything the MC had to experience.
    ML didn’t even abuse MC, he just let her be the way you described he should have done so following noblesse oblige. As a normal emphatic person he should have thought about possible issues MC will have in his house, but as a grown up adult he wasn’t obligated to do that for another adult. She’s old enough to take care of herself and use the title she has. When he learned that she had mental problems it was already too late to fight. They have already been caught in the father’s net by that time.

Bella94, Minaeli, jenniilex3 and 19 others like this.
  11. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    @Riftan is a softie Thanks for the spoilers!
    Aaaaaannnndddd... there. We now have it, the most important of all spoilers. MLs backstory, motivation, and factors which made TL1 so sh*tty.
    Well... we could forgive most but not all and if ML was smarter and had more backbone, he could've done better. Your narration (or how he views himself) is a bit odd to refer as heartless if its possible for him to care for both Reina and El (or is my definition of heartless off=lack of empathy. Eh, its the author's way of writing so my apologies)
    I'm a bit confused at your reply to me though, so just to be sure, El was manipulated but also abused (the character/names were changed a bit. So the one at the detached palace and was sent to starve was El? So are the notable villains unaware of El's powers or are they abusing him to keep him out of line?

As for the other people's discussion, I agree with @its0k, the BEST time they had to talk was during their snusnu (don't tell me someone was moronic enough to even keep watch of 2 people having sm*tty moment. If Dearest Blue (warning: NSFW. An NTR series under Lilim darkness's Good end has both leads discuss their plan while doing that under hidden surveillance from the FLs creepy dad, then these two could do it too. But alas, either Reina was already that badly mentally ill or ML couldn't think of it due to being mentally stressed. At least we could forgive him mostly on his ex fiancee since it wasn't his fault. But surely, he could've done more on the servants. Let his wife have authority like any household should, someone said one of his men be sent as a representative? While he's the second son and views himself as heartless but not antisocial/introverted that badly right? He should have connections with other nobles, yeah? But I can push it with the duke being too powerful (but we have MCs brother be an excuse to meet up with his nephew *if the father doesn't want him to interact with his sister*)

12. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I look forwards to your next updates.

Thanks for the spoiler. Your translation coupled with the art in newtoki made understand what the fuss was about during the party.

Thank you for the spoiler. I hate people who likes to blame others for accidents. That father probably just wants to blame MC because he wants to project his anger and grieve towards MC. Thanks once again for the spoiler.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2021
  13. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the new spoilers. You guys are rare gems in these type of spoiler threads which some love to make it otherwise. *sigh*
    In the second timeline, does the FL’s scumbag father have a bad ending?

pakapang and Pansy25 like this.
  14. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah it’s my bad, it should be emotionless not heartless, bcs he didn’t even know what’s the name of the emotion he felt and even ask his deputy about it.

And bcs there’s no official translation of this novel, so I used Elle as the kid’s name, but it should be El (it’s written in the raw like this) so I changed it.

the one who was confined in the detached house was Edgar (the ML), El confined him until his death after he become the crazy duke of the empire and then he left Hisbilian (idk what’s the official name of their dukedom) and it didn’t mention whether he was abused or not, but for sure he was manipulated by the bitch.

and as for his power, pretty sure everyone in the empire know it bcs it was mentioned that they are scared of him and his strength

J A D E, ardills, augacutan and 12 others like this.
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like the novel is still ongoing, no one has spoiled the second half of the story yet

Fenrironcrac likes this.
  16. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry im a little confuse. So in 1st timeline the person who bring Ex-fiancé into the duke house is MC’s father? However it’s ML’s house did he not have authorise or power to chase away or fire his ex? What make him need to complied with this one?

evanesco99211 likes this.
  17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML was away for many years to participate in the war and wasn’t allowed to go back home. MC’s father also threatened him to harm MC and the kid if he doesn’t behave indifferent towards MC, because father wanted MC to suffer all her life.

18. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh! I see thank you so much.

evanesco99211 and its0k like this.
  19. Zenonide

Zenonide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally some spoilers in a SPOILER thread and not someone discussing about the ML's personality and moralitty that has no relation to a spoiler in a SPOILER thread. Thank you very much for this. Appreciate it very much.

20. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For who may be interested, a spanish group called "Traducciones Amistosas" released a translation up to Chapter 19. I don't know if I can share the link but it is under the name of "La duquesa del invernadero de cristal".

chiri.ru, rock.doll, pakapang and 3 others like this.