Discussion Creative dream

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GonZ555, Apr 16, 2021.

1. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone experienced a good sleep and suddenly realise that you have made something really good in your dream that you just gotta try remaking it in real life?

I just had one of those.. i slept about being forced to join a music event as a participant. Somehow i instantly made a whole new song on the spot. A short and repetitive one, and the lyric might have been nonsense, but it has a catchy tune.
    Now, i'm awake and i'm trying to remember that tune..

Has anyone had that kind of experience?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if its a good dream or not but I once had a dream where I crossdress in a idol competition to get money to buy a PC and while I was singing, My sister stabbed me with a needle on my finger(since she wanted to check my blood pressure) and it was at a midpoint to my dream that I actually recreated that tone in RL and now I'm stuck to know I can now catfish people on the internet.

Fulminata, GonZ555 and ANP008 like this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Devil's Trill?

MasterCuddler, ongoingwhy and GonZ555 like this.
  4. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Never had that but I once dreamed of someone and learned that person also dreamed of me that night. Lololol the dreams are totally different tho

GonZ555 likes this.
  5. GonZ555

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like that.
    I do remember having to drink somekind of dubious drink sometime after i finished the song.. hopefully i didnt make a deal with the devil.

6. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Several times, especially when I'm stumped on a certain problems. I suspect that i unconsciously use dreams to make sense of random, unstructured informations that I've gathered. After waking up, there's usually some sort of "aha!" moments where is suddenly got an inspiration to solve the problem :aww:

Coffea to Ell and GonZ555 like this.
  7. GonZ555

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: Gimme example~
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Fulminata likes this.
  8. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm..:hmm:
    There was a project where my boss rejected 3 previous proposals that I've given them, and i was really stumped on how to proceed since the deadline is near. I've done lots of research on several issues around the said problem, but have no idea which issues that i would like to focus on tackling, or how to arrange them into something coherent, acceptable, yet practical enough to be executed :blobcry:. This got me stumped for a week.

In the middle of it all, somehow i fell asleep and dreamt of me doing a presentation on the said project, all smooth and suave with crystal clear ideas and directions arranged neatly. Then i wake up, went silent for a minute, then proceed to type madly on my laptop before i forget the things that the dream me was saying! Surprisingly, that new proposal got approved in a very short time:blobparty:

So, yay for creative dreams! :blobhero::blobhero:

Coffea to Ell, Rinae and GonZ555 like this.
  9. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a dream once that spawned a whole story world. I never ended up writing it down, but I’ve been trying out different forms of the idea for over ten years now?

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I quickly forget most of my dreams, so I can't say much about this kind of experience... There was one time or another where I remembered though, and then I tried creating a story based on what happened in the dream~

GonZ555 likes this.
  12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Need to ask @Ai chan. Does writing down our dream increase our chance to remember it more? Most my dreams tended to be vivid but it's hard for me to recall them after period of time. Sometime I feels like de javu, like I already experience it from one of my dreams, small stuff like set of tables, pigeons around fountain and long hair girl with glasses smiling at me across the street.

13. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A dystopian world story plot, but perhaps my conscious brain power is far inferior to my subconscious, too bad, I wish I didn't wake up too soon

14. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had really good ideas when dreaming but end up forgetting them once I am awake. :sweating_profusely: There are times when I manage to write them, only to realize when I was sober that they're not that good after all. :blobwoah:

GonZ555 and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's like a mental exercise. When you wake up, you quickly lose memory of your dreams. When you write your dreams at first, it will be unlikely for you to remember anything more than some flashes. The more you practice writing your dreams, you will eventually be able to remember more than when you started. Just like riding a bike, your dreams do not disappear. It is coded inside your neurons. Your neurons do not disappear, only built up, so what you used to remember, will still be there. You just won't be able to access them, because it's been piled up with other, newer memories. Even when you're not doing anything, you are creating a memory. Writing it also serves to reinforce the memory and provide and anchor for you to pull back that memory after it has faded.

As for dejavu, well, there are several theories. But the relevant theory in this case is that you didn't actually see the future, you just saw something similar in your dreams. For example, you had a dream about having tea with your girlfriend and then your friend came in with a bulldozer. Two weeks later, you're having tea with your girlfriend, but your drunk friend rammed into the living room with his truck. You feel this is dejavu, but it's not the same scene. In your dream, he was driving a bulldozer and he didn't ram into your living room, he was just there in the living room with a bulldozer. This is association, where you associate two differing scenes based on what is similar, but they're not the same thing.

That being said, Ai-chan won't reject the idea that dejavus are prophetic dreams. Ai-chan has had such dreams before and it's too often for it to be just association.

16. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I once had a dream with some kind of country song about a war veteran with ptsd destroying his family with mental illness. I don't listen to country all that often, but I did want to recreate the song when I woke up. I recorded the basic tune, but since then haven't really done anything with it.

GonZ555 likes this.