Question What to do if your translation is hosted on another site without your permission?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by blazingseraph, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    What the title says. I was searching my translation site name and found that one of the novels I'm translating, Golden Crow's Self-Cultivation, was being hosted on [Redacted] without my permission. The problem I have with it is how that site is full of ads and they're trynna make money off of my work when I'm not even putting ads on my site. I sent them a message but I'm not sure what to do since it's my first time doing translations and my first time dealing with something like this. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue beyond just asking nicely and hoping they listen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, idk how many times I have to tell people this, but don't...just don't post the name of the aggregator that stole your content. Second, there is nothing you can do. There is no solution unless you have a license and then you can DMCA them. Otherwise, you have no legal option here, and those a-holes are not going to respond to you.

My advice? Ignore them. Way, way too many translators lose their mind over aggregators stealing their content. It happens. This is the internet. Translators took the work of the author and used it w/o permission. So there's really no grounds here to complain on either. Please don't do anything to inconvenience your readers. Some people think if they're delisted from NU, it'll stop the aggregators but it won't. Just keep doing what you do and honestly you'll be happier that way.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.