Western art stylized vtuber models.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t seen any of the kinds of models. My art style is bent very anime. It’s more Disney than anime. I was jus’ wondering if any of y’all have seen them. Because it’s a lot of anime out there. It’s not like I don’t like anime, I really do, but I wanted to see more western styles. Tbh I wanted to see if try rigging it myself. Obviously I’ll have try drawing it. Rip my iPad. I don’t do many layers. I paint on layer. Kek.

I was also thinking of handing over the PSD for someone else to rig. :shrug: I don’t have the equipment to test it out anyways.

anyways here’s latest art from for context of the style I’m talking bout.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

otaku31, Silver Snake, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  3. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    It can also be like manhwa/manhua art, donut~
    Very nice~

Donutmindme likes this.
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a cactus vtuber and a goat vtuber, but since I primarily lurk on the JP side of things I haven't seen any western style avatars that I can recall. There are definitely what I consider western anime style, but not really in the Disney sort of style.

Donutmindme likes this.
  5. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I think I've seen western anime style too

UnGrave likes this.
  6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there are any western VTubers solely because of the backlash they might bring to the VTuber community.

While I don't have any problem with Western VTubers, its mainly because of how the eastern style of VTubers are just more popularize that western. Plus, the backlash might be heavy if they started popping up and even destroy the VTuber community if we actually brought them into the field.

Remember anime and the LGBT community? The LGBT might had dealt damage to the anime community but because of how large the community is, it was only miniscule at best.

However, the moment you add Western VTubers to the playing field, everything goes chaotic as the LGBT would raise multiple flags to cause chaos and might even destroy a growing community which aren't stable as of now(doxing, chinese government and etc). So, while I do like Western VTubers to show their skills as well, it might only lead to a negative backlash from the VTubing company but also the LGBT community as well.

Thereare also factors as well but this is my main POV as to why there aren't any Western VTubers as of now or there are actually some but aren't well-popularized.

asriu and Donutmindme like this.
  7. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Two I don’t like westerners and their shit. Especially woke twt. But I was mostly talking bout the art style. Guess I’ll stick with the weebs. Kek.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc, some underrated vtuber company are good with these kind of stuff..

For example, there are even vtuber with gorilla as model.. that plays apex really good too, a diamond rank player if im not mistaken.

I also seen a western-styled vtuber character, but i didn't sub because she played games i don't play.. forgot her name already tho..

Donutmindme likes this.
  9. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    It's simple answer really. First, most VTuber fans are weebs. Second, it best to stick at what proven to work. Third, Anime Donald Duck is better than the real Donald Duck shuba.

Donutmindme likes this.
  10. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Your art is amazing, I love your style! Also CodeMiko is one of the vtubers who has a western style model, I'm not subscribed to her though.

Donutmindme likes this.
  11. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, yeah there’s some crazy unique avatars out there. Like iirc, there’s a guy who’s lamp. Another who’s a gun Kek.
    True, it’s all weebs which why I wanna try going back to my old anime style.
    Yeah I heard of codemiko. I haven’t looked at her channel tho.