Spoiler Discussion in Spoiler Threads

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Westeller, Oct 9, 2020.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh just come out and call everyone bitches eh. Also learn to read the pinned posts. Discussions are allowed

But your insults totally contributed to this thread. Well done

Taruna and kawaii12345 like this.
  2. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing about this is I can completely appreciate the position of people who want spoiler threads that are the perfect spoiler thread as described below

One post that introduces the novel and provides relevant information
    Another post that summarizes the novel, spoils the plot details and gives details about the characters endings
    All the posts that come after are thank yous
    Trouble is that's not how it works and if you want it like that better be prepared to fork over cash for the privilege.

People contribute spoilers in their own way for their own reasons, what's more those spoilers range from lucidity to as indecipherable as a federal reserve chairman's address to congress.

When you can have a spoiler where the MC says she"cheated her sister out of her inheritance and overworks her" and it's still not clear how the relationship will go or how that will impact the plot, you better believe there will be discussion about that and what's more THERE NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT

AliceShiki, runsing and Westeller like this.
  3. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mod moved their post here so OP didn't mean to post in this thread in the first place.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC those two were moved together from another thread.

A fair number of the posts in this thread are parts of arguments moved out of spoiler threads. Not every argument can be moved this way, since most of the time people are arguing about spoilers, even if they're also telling each other to shut up and stop arguing about it. But the ones that are just totally irrelevant get moved here sometimes.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my fookin god i swear i feel like i want to rip all my haiir out because of this thread. seriously seeiing the name helena makes me wonder if that is what an aneurysm feels like. thiis iis so painful :blob_teary: :blobangery:

can we have proper spoilers can we have a single page of comments that are only spoiiler and dont mention helena at all???????? does thisi whole fookin plot revolve around helena???????? no. istg ive never felt more infuriated. and this isnt too say ppl's opinions aren't valid, but rather, please fook off into your own thread to hash it out. jfc

6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helena lives in everyones minds rent free. Truly the superior character. Such power that even 18 pages later people are still talking about her lol

You cant deny the impact shes made. In trying to bash helena the haters only made her stronger

illysillymilly likes this.
  7. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao pls im already at page 17 but i barely saw any spoilers damj pls make your own thread discussing how kind and nice person helena is nsidhsjsjs fucking tired reading all these discussion PLEASE you guys are making this hard for other people the fuck this is so annoying

Disolona and GeeDy08 like this.
  8. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Believe me, I tried. I made a discussion thread and shared the link on page 14. Didn't work.

9. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This "Discussion in Spoiler Threads" seems to be a storage for the complains in the spoilers threads.
    What thread came you from?

AliceShiki, runsing, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  10. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh.... we just quarantined thanks to helena.

I'm laughing my asz off riight now that we got kicked out of the spoiler threads and quarantined into our own dedicated little thread.

I hail from the land of "Kill the Villainess". Shiite was wild. Like... 10 pages of people birching at each other over a single character not even the MC and not even remotely addressing any of the spoiler questions people had

karls and runsing like this.
  11. Kumoshiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I know that thread. I wanted to know who the male lead was and if the crown prince would fall for MC and as soon as I got my answer prefer to ignore the thread.

Anyway, it could be worse, the reply could have been hiden away or even got a warning. At least its pretty fun to be quarantined away from the spoiler thread because wanted to discuss spoilers haha.

A few comments ago, I posted that this situation was similar to that from the simpsons where Lisa and other intelectual guys got expelled from a gazebo they reserved first. Now I think that is not completely precise, this is more like being in a meeting where everyone is focused in a certain topic but suddenly the meeting focus got distracted into the personal grievances of a few ones wasting the attention of everyone else. It's frustrating.

Westeller likes this.
  12. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Came back after 2 weeks and the Helena discussion still stabs me deep in my asshole. I'll recheck again 2032 by that time some angel would probably spoil us

karls, ArguingApples, Veille and 6 others like this.
  13. yourstrulylen

yourstrulylen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so no updated spoilers about Prince, Hybris and Jason? Was thinking of adding this to watch thread but it's become ridiculous at this point. Shit. There's a discussion thread and spoilers thread, people! Damn

14. midnightD143

midnightD143 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hayyy Why you all keep debating between Eris and Helena?? :blobunsure::blobunsure: because of that this thread is becoming soo annoying.. We can only read all ur rants and not even a lil bit spoilers from some kind hearted people , also the reason why we all came here :blobpopcorn_two: im gonna dropped this manga ... Its only killing me with curiousity much better to dropped it and have a peaceful mind :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

15. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeez, 19 pages of nothing but stupid comparisons, speculations and endless debates! How am I supposed to find a relevant information in this sea of nonsense??
    People, I came here to read SPOILERS! Just create a separate thread for discussions somewhere else and move there! So goddamn annoying X.X

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.118265/#post-6031419
    if the TOC is not updated, that is on the people who use the thread.
    if there are not any more spoilers, that is due to people either not sharing or not having spoilers to share, or people being unable to read between the lines...
    Discussion is allowed and that is final. So instead of complaining, how about you spend time organizing the spoilers present in the thread so other people can find stuff easier and find some spoilers yourselves and post them on the thread. ignore the people who keep discussing and use to TOC to navigate the thread. simple enough.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    AliceShiki, evanesco99211 and Shio like this.
  17. Kumoshiro

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems you all have been banished from Kill the Villainess spoiler thread. Gosh that thread seems fun.

Anyway, I think it is time to compromise and accept the fact that spoiler threads have been invaded by debaters and discussers and try to build a little space to share spoilers. What about if we use this topic to create a little corner to share spoilers? Unfortunately I have no spoilers on kill the villainess but can spoil the ending of The Legendary Mechanic.

18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only person who tried to do something about the massive discussions that's flooding the spoiler thread among all these users who complaints about it.
    She (I assume you're a female) did not know how to do a thread, was not sure it was placed and done correctly but she did it anyway so you people can have a spoiler discussions away from the main spoiler thread. But none of you saw it. None of did anything aside from complaining when we've given you all the tools you need to improve your situations.

Did you think it was easy to get the spoiler plugin implemented? It was a matter of a few hours but did you think we magically requested for it one day and instantly got them? Well you're wrong.

You have all the tools you needed to improve your environment. Anyone can use Curator-chan to compile spoilers , you can make your own thread on other parts of the forum, staffs actively respond to reports and none stays active longer than a day. All you need to do is learn how to use them.

If you don't think you can follow the rules and the ways NUF are run, feel free to leave. You won't be missed. I've said this before and I'll say it again. We're nice most of the time, but do not test us. We're human too and our patience has limits.

As a side note to some complainers who said we remove spoilers. Guess what? We did not. Even though the thread can be as deplorable as it can be, we check those contents and we don't remove spoilers. We may remove links to pirate sites or discord servers, if you didn't know about that, rtfr. However, we did not remove spoilers. That's on your precious spoiler providers. Don't go and get us to carry the blame. Complaints go to those members who decided it's not "safe" or "allowed" to share spoilers. Remember this the next time you decided to blame us for the disappearing spoilers. Learn to use +Quotes. What you've quoted are yours.

19. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you need a "little corner to share spoilers", you'll find that the second post in any given spoiler thread is publicly editable. If you post random spoilers in an irrelevant thread, your post will at best be merged into an existing spoiler thread, if not simply deleted, and you'll be warned for posting random spoilers in a place someone could randomly see them.

20. Kumoshiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand why you allow general discussion in spoiler threads because even I myself have wanted to share an opinion explaining what I think is the reason for certain behaviour of certain character (why ML in Duchess of the Glass House didn't explain himself to MC when could) and that is not a spoiler but discussion.

Yes, spoiler curator is very useful when amazingly used (like the thread of the cheating men must die), but not all threads has that good luck and even more threads has the spoiler curator completely ignored and it is easy to ignore it after reaching the last page (because it is not very intuitive to return to an already readed page).

Please, consider that if several different persons keep raising this issue over and over maybe it is s not completely solved and requires more attention and, without it, the spoilers forum will still keep giving a bad atmosphere.

Well, I was not completely serious about that, but it would have been an eye opener to receive a warning for sharing spoilers in a discussion thread while seeing protection for general discussion in spoiler threads.