Discussion Changing Characters Name

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Bright_Lucky_Star, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello nuffians :blobpeek:
    I wanna try read old fantasy story but the characters name bothering me. They have Charles, George and Cromwell that make it hard for me to read :facepalm:. Oddly enough I found names like that are fine in other novels (Percy Jacson and 1632 Ring of Fire) but not the one I currently read. So I compile all chapters and change characters name to Acadians or Sumerian names maybe with sprinkle of Icelandic son and dóttir, or obscure Spanish name and some Sanskrit.
    Maybe I it's hard for me immerse my self because the names is not exactly fit to the setting.
    I won't disclose the story title but the setting kinda like Otherworld mediveal fantasy with magic. People might curse me for doing something unethical by changing characters name without permission:notlikeblob:. Well I never have any intention to share it to others.
    Also Charles and and Cromwell in here almost same personality like our history counterpart, bad king that make his subjects oppose him.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ofc, you'd be bothered. Anachronistic George sticks out like a sore thumb! :blobpeek:

Just replace George with James and you are guaranteed to instantly feel better! :blobokhand:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    James still have same vibe like George.
    Maybe something like Sugnam Imhotep (from magnus) (egyptian priest) or Tavasya Umberto.

SquadCammander354 and otaku31 like this.