Discussion Favorite Greek Myth and God

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by opath422, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    My current favorite is Iris, the goddess of the Rainbow~ blobmelt_thumbs

daisukenowaifu likes this.
  2. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading Troy, I gave up on the Greek gods. I felt like they're an absolute mess of gods and can't rule the worlds properly. They use their powers in the wrong places and just add chaos to the already chaotic world.
    I just felt that they're full of flaws like humans but have undeserving yet astonishing amount of powers.
    After that the only place I encountered the Greek gods Is in the Marvels movies. And that's the only place I liked them.
    Avid fans of the Greek gods, don't take offense. This is just my opinion.

3. daniel98

daniel98 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it

There are so many options! I also enjoy Prometheus, the creator of fire. The Herculean Tasks and the tale of Troy interested me the most as a youngster, and after reading Schliemann's description of his excavations at Mycenae and Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, it greatly affected my desire to become an archaeologist. Diana, the Goddess of the Hunt and the Moon, Narcissus, Croesus, Leda and the Swan, the Birth of Athena, Cerberus, the Minotaur, King Agamemnon and his dysfunctional family, Jason and the Argonauts, the trysts between Aphrodite and Zeus and mortals, Castor and Pollux, Oedipus, etc. are all stories I enjoy, as well as the very silly King Midas, a wonderful. Read more...:):)

4. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate Poseidon and Athena.

I like Hades.

daisukenowaifu likes this.
  5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    there are few respectable gods they just don't show up much in greek mythology since they are basically the ones who make sure the world remains in balance.

Zeus and his followers are all children with no self control even Athena does some horrible shit and she was supposed to be the most disciplined and good, but she just as bad as the rest of them just slightly better in many other aspects.

To be fair the person or ppl who wrote greek mythology weren't very enlightened nor did they have great mentality since they lived in a very masculine era where physical strength mattered more than having brains. they were incredibly childish with how the men had to be tough and strong and be able to fk many women and kill the biggest/dangerous animals to prove how manly they were.

these guys weren't really looking to create a masterpiece or a coherent story they just told them and everyone believed them and it became a religion of its time.

6. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the Greek myth on soulmates, and my favorite god is Hestia cause 1. She’s the most unproblematic god and 2. She reminds me of me