LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean in all honesty, the author should have had him out of the temple by Chapter 30. It's just boring there.

2. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its hard to argue with that but it also made sense as the MC wanted to sweep the entire place clean ( pun intended ) and collect anything of value with signing in

Ps : Actually , the MTL of this work is quite good ( compared to a lot of awful ones , especially OA ) and its not hard to understand , which is very fortunate because most of my favorite novels and other novels that im interested in that aren't picked up for translation or have very few chapters translated or you are just want to keep reading , have awful MTL that sometimes is a mess of unorganized letters and is impossible to understand

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the temple had knowledge of such an array in the past, then why wasn't one already set up?

@Tsoob, there are actual spoiler tags you can use. Just click the + sign in the toolbar above the text box and you'll find the option to create them. Or, you can use (SPOILER)(/SPOILER) with square brackets instead of round.

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    This is MC on Easy Mode. The jokes start coming once he leaves Shaolin.

5. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I assume the array needs an arhat to set up so perhaps it needs one to maintain as well. Which they haven't had in 900 years. Maybe that's one of the reasons their sect seems like garbage in comparison to their past.

Honestly I'm wondering how many of these "Only ten made in history" pill recipes have been created by this sect. This new one pretty much confirms that they had an arhat at least at the 4th level sometime in the past. Though perhaps there's an upper realm where the Shaolin Temple also has a presence and some of the dao traces from that can be accessed by his sign in.

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no right or wrong is basically something evil people made up to justify their evil behavior so that they wouldn't have to feel guilty about it. Its not some awe inspiring revelation of the truth of the world.

I wonder if one of the princes is about to accidentally orchestrate the extermination of the majority of the royal family.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll take the extra jades with him and establish one of those arrays in Chang'an. Though, by the time he leaves for the capital, the array may no longer be useful to him.

9. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC's credo is "better safe than sorry" ...

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so the array probably did exist in the past, but dissipated without an arhat to maintain it. I wonder if he plans to do anything about maintaining it after the temple is no longer useful to him.

"This fog can only last for 50 years" What makes him think that? The MC never said anything of the sort.

11. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a mistranslation, it should probably be something like, "This fog only needs to last for 50 years, and it could protect the Shaolin Temple and give it prosperity for 300 years!"

12. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what?
    The abbot is seriously going to attack one of the strongest known people in the world, and leader of one of the great sects, after he politely introduced himself and offered a gift when he first arrived, and even asked for the chance to patiently wait after being told he couldn't immediately do what he came to do?

Is this some chinese thing I don't understand or is the abbot just that dumb?

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are they just assuming that the MC won't want to see the guy? He's one of the most important people in the known world. The MC doesn't have to see him, but its unlikely that he'd be offended by the request. There's no reason to resort to violence to send him away just to avoid asking the MC if he has some free time at some indeterminate point in the future.

Honestly, I think the author just rammed the idiot ball down his throat so that the MC could save him. After all, it would be impossible for the temple to have survived this long if the Abbot were that unforgivably stupid.

Inuzuka likes this.
  14. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because setting up array's needs martial arts legend ( or venerable Arhat level ) Cultivation
    below that , you simply can't do it

thanks for the spoiler tag by the way , i didn't noticed that

Its not a mistranslation , the abbot said that " if the fog can last 100 ( im not sure but it should be more or less the same ) years , the Shaolin temple can prosper for 300 years " while the MC knew that the array can't last more than 50 years if he doesn't maintain it personally ( or by someone at the legendary realm )
    abbot doesn't knew about the array , nor he had Arhat level cultivation

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The temple has had legends numerous times in the past. That said, the question was answered in later chapters: the array fades. Thus, even if it existed in the past, it wouldn't have lasted for so long.

Yeah, the spoiler tags are weirdly well hidden on this site. I've never really understood why. People need them way more than the image and video tags that take precedent over them.

Nope. It said "This fog." No conditionals whatsoever.

16. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the fog is the product of the array , the leftover of the energy in the array to be precise , and why it fades ( or why the arrays stop working after a while ) , is because the arrays are dependent on the " workings of the heaven and earth " and because the heaven and earth are ever changing , after a while the array cant continue its job without a tuning to match the " workings of the heaven and earth " and that job needs a martial arts legend beside the knowledge about the array because below that stage you can't communicate and change the flow of heaven and earth
    Im sure it was explained in the same chapter

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think waiting outside of their sect is considered rude or threatening.
    Thing is that the Abbot isn't stupid. He knows that this guy won't dare to seriously harm him and even if he wanted to probably couldn't because of the MC. Thus at worst it's free training against a peak grade 1.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why he sent the guy back without talking to him. Offering him a few pointers would indebt him to the temple for a few centuries, acting as another layer of protection once the MC was gone. It wouldn't even have taken more than a few minutes of his time.
    He was being nothing but polite, and I'm sure there's a village or something near the temple that he could wait at, had they cared to make the suggestion. There was no reason for them to feel even a little threatened, nor to take any of actions as being rude. At most, you could say that he should have sent a messenger ahead of himself to arrange an appointment, but that's a truly minor thing that mostly inconveniences himself.

To me, that's even more offensive to the Venerable. "Look! I'm causing trouble I can't possibly handle while making you look like an unreasonable bully. Come save me!" It also contradicts your reply to Inuzuka about him being threatening.

MangoGuy likes this.
  19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If the MC can create a few items like that wooden sword then having him as an extra layer of protection isn't useful unless he also becomes a legend.

I believe it's a rude/threatening action inherently in their culture/genre. I just read something similar in another story (My disciples are all villains). The head of the sect was in seclusion and some powerhouses came to see him. They forced their way in to wait for MC to come out to meet them. They caused some trouble and eventually attacked once they saw the MC was in a vulnerable state. He might have been polite but he was being polite in doing something rude to start with. The Arhat is now forced to keep an eye or him because he's the only one in the sect capable of stopping him. This could presumably affect his own cultivation as it could prevent him from going into seclusion or leaving. Basically you're not allowed to park yourself outside another sect if you're a powerhouse. Outside their sect being anywhere in their realm of influence you can monitor their sect from.

Well he's following previously given orders and he is the abbot of the temple. He's in charge. If he tells this dude no then it means no. "I'll just wait around until he changes his mind." is not an appropriate response.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    So he can obtain batches of pills instead of one at a time? I suppose that makes it much more reasonable that he has hundreds of these pills. I hope he leaves behind the lost techniques and a few protection items before he leaves the temple.

jacobpaige likes this.