Discussion Mad Snail is an embarrassment for what he did with TDG(CMV)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by DreadOrigin, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
?

Are you pissed with TDG writer Mad Snail

1. Yes

51.4%
  2. No

5.7%
  3. Kind of

8.6%
  4. Not really

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DreadOrigin

DreadOrigin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently rereading TDG and I noticed that chapter 429 had comments from 5 years ago. The current chapter for the novel is at ~465. Initially my rage was contained but it's disgusting the way he/she abandoned their work and characters. Like it's an absolute tragedy. I started this thread for readers of TDG to likely once again vent the heart demons this novel has undoubtedly created as we pursue the readers DAO, as well as for other readers further on the reader path to offer perspective and resolve my grievances.

readerz likes this.
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually forgot he exists now. His novels got famous anyway because nobody has ever read xianxia before during the early days so people thought that trash was actually good.

Fluffums, Delerator, Dr_H_16 and 2 others like this.
  3. SimplyAShadow

SimplyAShadow Not Dead Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not the first time an author's abandoned their work, won't be the last - better to get used to it sooner than later

Fluffums and firefox1234 like this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't blame the man tho. Guy's just tryna live up to his name. :blobpeek:

Shield Loyalist, Nistel and AkaNoOu like this.
  5. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would've been pissed 4-5 years ago, when TDG was one of my first cultivation-style novels. I didn't know Mad Snail was infamous for randomly dropping their novels back then.

But now, I just remember it fondly. I have no intention of reading TDG again, at least until it's finished, and tend to stay away from Mad Snail's books just so I don't get burned again. :blobsad:

Lord Rae likes this.
  6. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Authors drop their stories all the time. What are you going to do about it? Kidnap them and hold them at knife point to finish the story? :blobspearpeek:

Get used to it. There are so many dead novels floating around. Some authors die before completing the story. Some get writer’s block/depression/starvation due to shitty writing/bored of the story/etc.

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, like you said.. five years ago. I liked the novel, and was frustrated at the time.. but.. yeah. It's been years. I'm not pissed at mad snail after so long, lol. At this point, I don't even think about TDG. Maybe once in a blue moon, when I see it on my ol' reading list or something. ... And, as an author, he's pretty irrelevant around here these days.

I suppose a fair number of people liked Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World, tho.

Nistel likes this.
  8. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was trash a long time for that chapter. The second he got pissy over a bathtub it was a insta-drop for me. Mad snail is pretty mediocre as a writer.

9. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    All the fame among the readers for the work of these types of authors was just due to the novelty factor.

Nowadays we have a matured reading base, so I don't think anyone will even care for shit works being dropped.

10. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first is indeed I angry but now it's don't care anymore....

11. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    good on me that I quit reading that trash novel the second the timeline started making no sense.
    warned people but hey, who'll trust a guy on the internet. right?

so satisfying and infuriating to be proven right about mad snail.

12. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not mad because Mad Snail abandoned the novel. I am mad because he didn't. He still keeps releasing a chapter every couple of months. Like seriously, just stop and end it. It's like milking a half dead cow, that is kept alive by feeding it cheap medicines.

13. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    milking half dead cow still produces milk his book can't even do that at this point.

Shield Loyalist and Sai55 like this.
  14. InSpEcToRL

InSpEcToRL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just the second book he let go down the drain ironicaly the first was the prequel of tdg this guy is the worst

15. howlblack

howlblack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mad snail is shit his novel are kinda bottom tier filler for the middle and later chapter

still waiting for Reverend insanity to resume writing goddamn its so damn good

readerz likes this.
  16. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's sad that you actually see the problem with madsnail my boy ___@y___
    He also just wants to earn the most he can. If you get a job offer paying better you'd have to have a really great workplace. Well madsnail is also just a translator. And instead you should be happy that you get to read these chapters. Dont take it so much to your heart..

17. Otacon88

Otacon88 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well first off as far as I know Mad Snail isn’t a translator... he’s the author...
    Second he would make make money with regular releases considering how much fame tdg has in the cn community outside China.. so...
    also what does getting a better paying job offer have to do with having to have a better workplace? That’s nonsensical.. public toilet cleaners in Switzerland get paid like 3k a month it’s still a shitty work environment...
    as for being happy with what we got.. sure except isn’t it slightly disrespectful to his fans to basically abandon them?