Spoiler In This Life, I Will Be The Lord / 이번 생은 가주가 되겠습니다'

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone else outraged when reading chapter 27 of the manhwa where the emperor and empress and their brat are dining luxuriously meanwhile Perez is shown in a cold, dark, dilapidated lodging where he probably barely gets anything to eat except poisoned food? I have to keep this in mind for when they get payback in the future.

Shendee90, Audmod, Creolenerd and 8 others like this.
  2. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the empress and the emperor are first class scumbags. In the future they will face karma
    from what i read, the empress will be put in prison and left on her own destiny (she deserve to starve and be mistreated) and the emperor will be killed by MC and ML (emperor killed ml mother because she was a humbly maid and he let Perez alive because he was his blood. He allowed lombardy grandpa to sponsor him because he felt that the empress was becoming too powerful and wanted to raise Perez in order to block the first prince...what a shit of father)

Shendee90, Jukki, Naant and 54 others like this.
  3. ginhiji_1005

ginhiji_1005 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me about what happened to the twins? From what I remember the twins went to their father in the 1st timeline (not sure, i cant remember clearly) In the new timeline, what happened to them, i guess its safe to assume they remained as Lombardy, whats their ending? Did they became knights for Tia or something? I really wanna know since they are cinnamon rolls and i love them sm

Sarita14 likes this.
  4. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    in this timeline they will stay with their mother and they will be Tia's allies

5. Katsu_cfq

Katsu_cfq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be their eldest daughter--

simplysharonda likes this.
  6. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manga the twins father and MC’s husband look so normal like a loving husband and father. (Though he did give off a suspicious feeling) Guess you can’t judge by the cover, in the end he was a cheating scum

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    svtspeach and Creolenerd like this.
  7. Inco Writ

Inco Writ New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot wait for that bastard to suffer! I am currently on the chapter when he is first introduced. I liked him at a first glance then I have nothing but disgust for him now. Fucking bastard!

8. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMGGGGG ❤️

LOLOLOL LOVE IT
    What happens to her grandfather btw? I don’t think his health deteriorated as much as it did in her dream/past life since he was able to hand the official heir to someone and had the MC there to help proactively and the MC’s father played a role as well in helping right?
    Also what happened to the children’s teacher? The blonde guy with glasses who advocated and helped the head of Lombardi aka grandpa? Did she successfully recruit him into one of her people like she wanted to?

Shendee90 and Meri like this.
  9. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    The blond tutor is Clelivan, here is the spoiler from above.

Shendee90, RubySBS, Peerly and 2 others like this.
  10. Potatoesss24

Potatoesss24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question.
    What chapter in the novel where the FL asked for a recommendation letter from her grandfather?

MangoK likes this.
  11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally a father who doesn't blame his daughter for her mother's death during childbirth.
    I was starting to believe the opposite was the norm -_-

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Shendee90, Jukki, MissaDavid and 8 others like this.
  12. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Gallahan is the best male representative and father that I ever read till now. He was a little bit too naive and a coward in the beginning (and 1st TL), but with Tia's push he's basically perfect now.

Shendee90, Jukki, svtspeach and 14 others like this.
  13. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    he is also handsome...sure enough Tia's mother wasn't stupid :blobsmirk::blobsmirk:

14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope I'm not ruining part of the story for anyone but I just want to voice a dissatisfaction of mine. There is a common theme in which the male lead is saved by the female lead when he's in his darkest moments and he naturally falls in love with her.

Our ml has suffered physical and psychological abuse, he's all alone and at its most vulnerable moments and the female lead helps and is kind to him, told him he should live...all which most people would do in that situation.

The problem (or my problem:blobsweat_2:) is that it didn't have to be a specific person for him to fall in love with. It didn't have to be Tia.
    If Tia didn't find out about the second prince's circumstances and there was another kind and somewhat powerful girl who knew instead and would thus save him when he's at his lowest, he would have obviously fallen in love with her.

I just like the idea of soulmates, especially when concerning the main characters in a book, where you expect to read about one of a kind true love. They do really love each other, but it's a circumstantial love, where it followed a natural course considering the circumstances. In this regard it's a realistic theme, which is btw overused in a lot of manhwas anyway.
    So stuff like this always bothers me a bit. Does anyone perhaps feel the same? Sorry for nitpicking:blobsweat:.

15. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah,I also feel the same,he'll fall in love with any girl if she help him in his helpless times, so it doesn't have to be MC and it's not like he will fall for MC in all kind of situation. So it kinda frustrating for me.

NEET.MadHatter, Creolenerd and DOHere like this.
  16. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the opposite for me. I find the concept of soulmate not only unrealistic but also problematic. It's better for people to meet and fall in love with those they have a chance to meet and mingle with. Getting hung up on a soulmate will not make anyone's happy as they will be stuck on making decisions (since they don't know if they will ever meet in this lifetime), possibly unappreciative of what they already have (like a great partner), and refuse to move on. Hence, I don't like it.

While I do agree that it would be interesting if the one he falls for is not Tia, it is unlikely considering she is the only girl around his age who is pretty and kind to him. Added to the fact that she is also the only beacon of hope he has for years, it would be hard for him to consider anyone else.

That is to say, he has no reason to not be attracted to her.

You asked what if there's a kind and powerful lady who is not Tia that helped him instead? Would he fall for that girl instead then? Probably. But there's also a lot of other what-if questions you could ask.

Like, if it's a hetero story, what if both of them are men? Then they would be like those "bro before hoe" thing (I despise that phrase!). If it's BL or GL, what if they are of a different gender? Again, they will be best friends instead. Or what if the alternative saviour is ugly or has an atrocious attitude or too young or too old? Then, instead of a love interest, they're probably going to be considered as a best friend, simply a benefactor, a non-blood relation younger sibling, or a mother/guardian/parent figure.

The point is, the MLs not only fell for MCs because they helped them during their worst moments but also because they tick all the checkboxes (around acceptable age, not ugly, somewhat good personality/attitude, etc) required to be that particular ML's spouse candidate.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you mean, seems I'm more of a romanticist:blobjoy: and you're more of a realist, which is a good personality trait.

18. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, everyone has their own preference and I prefer' the only one for me 'or 'soul mate' idea more. I know it's unrealistic but still I like this:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

NEET.MadHatter likes this.
  19. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. However, there was a lady who he was said to marry or get along with in the first timeline. They worked together and supported each other. It seems, however, that he didn’t romantically love her. As long as the spoilers I read are correct, doesn’t that mean that he does have an attraction to MC because he fell for her but didn’t fall for his first timeline girl who was at his side to help him?

Jukki, MissaDavid and lan2001h like this.
  20. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah. I mean, let's say a group of ladies tick all the checkboxes and helped him at the same time. It doesn't mean he would fall for all of them at the same time. It doesn't even mean that he is guaranteed to fall for any of them. It just means that it is far more likely that he would fall for someone who fit the bills. That's why I used the words "unlikely" and "probably" instead of "definitely" in my previous posts.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021