Question Any novelupdates equivalent for raws? JP/CN

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Sai55, Apr 18, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im absolutely sick of "transmigration", "rebirth", "powerful teacher", "supreme treasure", "my eyes failed to see Mt. Tai" etc etc in every single novels. I just want a novel where the starting point of MC is similar to "Mortals Journey to Immortality". Why is it so hard? Im desperate enough to go to find raws just so i can use DeepL and read, but even that is hard.

Searching through 17k and qidian makes my brain shut down. There are barely any tags, but most of all, these websites dont even show the full summary when searching. One has to open the novel page, just to see if summary is intresting enough. And with so many "transmigration", "system", etc etc, finding a novel where MC is bound NOT to be OP from the first chapater, is proving to be quite a task.

Zeusomega likes this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The original websites for webnovels

3. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried but its not working. Qidian (the CN Webnovel) is quite hard to navigate. But even after I reach the page where i start getting novel titles, most of the summary is hidden. So if i have to know if the novel is any good, i got to open the novel page. And repeating this process with 100s of novels is getting quite difficult.

Would be nice to get a NU-like website, where all i need to go is type the tafs, and click enter.

4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how did MJtI start? Never read it myself and drawing a blank, but the name won't mean anything to others who missed it too.

5. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically the MC was just a normal village boy, who was taken to a sect. He didnt get any Systems, or OP powerups. Cultivation in hard and he was no execption. Spending years and years for a small power up. I enjoyed it a lot, but it got way to slow for me so i stopped half way. But i do recommend it to anyone who is okay or likes slow paced novels.

6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rmji.. More correctly ARMJI not Mjti

It starts of with Han Li being a village boy, his family will be in financial crisis and a distant relative, or uncle to Han li takes him to join a Jiang Hu sect where they would take care of him and pay him some silvers..

That's probably the first chapter

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you could try I Have A Proficiency Panel.

Dude ends up in xuanhuan world and all he has is some spiritual land left by his dead parents he sells off for entry into a big sect. Story starts with him in level 5/10 of first realm.

As an outer sect member, he farms, does tasks and listens to lectures to get more from training and acquire resources.

Like the title says, he also has a proficency panel similar to a game from his former life. But it only records his achievements in his cultivation method and martial arts and spells. It doesn't speed up his training, no quests, no rewards, no gacha draws.

Just a dose of reality condensed into cold numbers after he felt he got a lot from sudden fast progress. Looks at the panel, +3 instead of normal +1 progress. Whether he gets any in the first place is dependent on if he really did improve so there can be dozen training sessions of nothing before he gets it right and an attempt nets him +1.

The life changes him as much as he changes things around him. He gets more ruthless and wary due to fights with other humans, but people managed by him for Sect punishment/duty also get much better conditions because he enforces rewards for good job done and ideas that help in developing the islands he was exiled/appointed to. That stuff is quite a bit later as it is after he breaks into second big realm.

His whole rise is dependent on training, utilizing his skills to the fullest in Sect missions, gathering connections ( it is often the case he wouldn't even know about an opportunity or job if some other sect member he met with didn't pass him news given its a world of primitive communications for weak cultivators) and norml contested reaources ( no ring grandpa, no former life with divine level cultivation knowledge, no apex power and dying to return to younger days,.....).

Wujigege and Sai55 like this.
  8. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I will definitely check it out. Seems exactly something i will be heavily intrested in. The "doing quests, lectures, getting resources" is rare in any novel. I doubt i have seen any mc actually using any of the sect resources ever. To me, in the novels i have read, MC despite being in a Sect, is more like a wandering cultivator that is allowed in Sect's exams and events. This would be nice change of pace.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    JJWXC has plently of tags, that might help~

Also, if you plan on mtl-ing the novels anyway, maybe try mtlnovel.com? They have tags similar to NU- actually, I'm pretty sure they take their novels tags and synopses from NU so that might fit your needs~

Sai55 likes this.
  10. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill check it out, thanks!

About mtl websites, I recently came across a guide (a comment in some fandom wiki) which gave instructions to get good MTL, atleast better than these websites. The following are just a few lines of Unrivaled Martial Gods MTl (ch ~2200) that i MTL-ed a few mins ago

Without saying a word, Bai Tong Refine transformed on the spot. Half a day later, a terrifying pressure rose up. The sky, which was cloudless, suddenly suddenly became tumbling and boiling. The earth, trembling. The wind, was roaring. The buildings of the Heavenly Eagle Imperial City could not withstand the pressure and were almost about to collapse. The martial artists in the city were even more shaken. Ji Mo's eyes flashed slightly and he casually struck out a magic trick. In an instant, the Heavenly Emperor City stabilized.

This is just a random paragraph, and i feel like only babelnovel's MTL beat these. Its not perfect but hey, its MTL.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yomou is pretty easy to navigate. Japanese people pretty much 95% all use Syosetu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.