Resolved Some1 keeps deleting chapters that are linked to Webnovel...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by MyRAMEN, Apr 14, 2021.

1. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been a big reader ever since I discovered this site. I love that all these things are free, hence is why I'm guessing some1 is deleting chapters translated by Webnovel... as the later chapters r pay only... NU functions like a Wiki, so naturally there are those who abuse things. Both the new and old novels of WebNovel have been getting deleted on this site for the past yearish. It is very annoying because I use NU as my main site to find novels. Especially as the ratings on WebNovel are extremely boosted and abused. I've read so much, that I honestly read everything I'm interested in that I can find easily that I have been going through the A-Z list to find new novels I might like. Although WebNovel does not have best translations (usually), the fact is there are many translations. It is very annoying that because I know this fact, I have to click on every book with very low chapters just to see if the book are on WN. But I just realized that everything I did was useless, as I've been only picking up the scraps that the person has forgot to delete on some novels, usually only the very beginning chapters, because the person deletes every chapter, even the free ones. Which means I'll need try every novel on WN in the future and crosscheck with my list on WN, and I feel like a brain dead idiot for never realizing this. Or perhaps I did back then, but never was annoyed enough to try and complain, after all, when I find stories I like, it can be couple hundreds of chapters before I'm caught up or bored. Feel like I did realize this but just forgot... Anyways I'm triggered enough to complain finally, and even posted on forums for the first time. Fk u whoever is doing this. I get the people at the company of WebNovel sucks, but fk u more.

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that NU doesn't track paywalled chapters, right? Based on your account age I would have expected you were around for the war over this issue back in the day.

AliceShiki and Ral like this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    No paywall chapter will be posted here and NU won't be linking to pirates either. So go back to stone age and use your browser bookmark again.

AliceShiki, Bright_Lucky_Star and Ral like this.
  4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody tell me again that we don't need a downvote button xD

The only novels that get deleted *entirely* are duplicates and Original English Language novels.

It's possible that some free chapters from translations do get hidden by mistake, alongside paywalled ones, but if it was not a mistake it means the "translations" were pure MTL, which NU doesn't accept. I don't follow WNc anymore, but I heard that they do use MTL too, so it's quite possible.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never go to webnovel

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For NU? It'll scare off those newbie translators.

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so cute that TS thought NU works like wikipedia. [edit - I mean the release part, no one can delete chapters as they like]

UnGrave likes this.
  8. Auranyte

Auranyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it does seem like there is an issue with Webnovel entries. I am seeing novels with free chapters on webnovel now showing N/A for releases. Looking at Webnovel's group page I see scattered dates listed out of normal order. (2020 dates between 2021 dates) and almost all of the series on there have every chapter added with the same date. Clearly something or someone is messing around with it.

aShinyVaporeon and Westeller like this.
  9. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're looking into it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Sai55

Sai55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While NU doesnt post paywalled chapters, i really think they should show that they are updated. Until recently i had thought webnovel stopped translating at "Ch 80" and the novel hasnt been translated for years, but when in reality its been getting updates. No need to post link to paywall chapters, but making them show up in "latest" would be real nice.