Spoiler The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by so-chintzy, Jan 20, 2020.

1. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Novelupdates link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ncarnated-princess-and-the-genius-young-lady/
    Raws: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8558fh/
    Synopsis:

Anne-Sophia, the Princess who remembered her previous life at a young age, as well as her old self’s intense love of magic, set off to live out her fantasies in this fantasy world.

One day, during a magical mishap, she stumbled upon a scene where her brother Algard was breaking off his engagement to his fiancee, Euphilia.

What nobody could have foreseen is that this strange meeting would end up changing the course of history.

My opinion: While the story is predictable at times, I do appreciate it for exploiting the typical plotholes/poor writing choices found in many other bog-standard Villainess novels & actually utilizing them for the plot. I have only MTLed up to arc 3 (there are a lot of arcs & even Gaiden side stories) as it is the main "meat" of the Villainess plot.
    However, these early arcs also don't really have a lot of romance & it seems to be very slow-build friendship -> romantic interest.

MC actually got along with Algard in the early days. However, one day when she took him to the woods to look for spirit stones (for her magicology research), they were attacked by a monster. MC, despite having no magic, made Algard escape to safety while she distracted the beast, since it was her fault that she brought him there.

Eventually a knight squad came across the scene & thus both royals were saved. But because of this situation, a rumor started spreading that MC was intensely jealous of Algard's magic & was actually trying to assassinate him. MC, wanting to dispel these rumors (& study magicology), renounced her right to the throne & beat down all of Algard's political enemies. She also tried to distance herself from him.

Their parents, while scolding MC for being so reckless, would encourage her magicology research & often praise her eccentric ideas & ability. Their attitude towards her was basically "ah well, it's fine since Algard will inherit the throne!" & would even casually compare the two (not in a mean way though).

There's a reason why the author introduced the characters by having Algard on the ground looking up at MC flying through the air.

MC flies with Euphi to the king's office & immediately tattles on Al. King is shocked that Al would do something so ridiculous & out of the blue when he's been a good prince so far. The engagement was a favor the king asked of the Prime Minister in order to secure better ties to the Marquis' family, so it can't be broken so easily. MC excitedly offers to marry Euphi & take her as her magic research assistant (as Euphi is the best wizard at school), only to despair when she is told that she'd have to retake her right to the throne & be queen for this to work out. Euphi will skip the graduation ceremony & directly graduate from the school instead (since she was humiliated there).

So they settle with giving Al a grace period of 2 years to shape up (if not, then MC becomes king & marries Euphi). King needs more stomach medication for all of this happening now..... >.>
    MC also discusses with King about Ryeini's honeypot ability to attract not only Al but also all the sons of high-ranking nobles. There's a prompt investigation into this & the allegations made against Euphi.

Euphi asks if the rumors about MC being a lesbian are true, but MC denies this & says that she likes both boys & girls, but she told King that she wouldn't marry a man because
    a) having a child = no time for research!
    b) men are annoying & can't handle rejection well
    which gave the King a lot of headaches until he finally agreed to it. (BTW Euphi & MC marrying means that they will just adopt one of Al's kids since he likes Ryeini).

Euphi then asks MC a bit about herself & after listening to MC talk, Euphi feels some fear towards MC's ambitions towards changing nature itself just to see if she can. She can't comprehend how MC just ignores pre-established concepts & does things like "i wanted to fly so i made it so i could!". MC's accomplishments make her too dangerous to be married off to another kingdom & even though she already beat off Al's opponents, if MC seriously wanted the throne, the majority of the current nobles would immediately support her.

At a later ball full of nobles, King announces the dissolvement of the old engagement & instates a new engagement between Euphi & MC, making it seem like this was totally natural & not because of Al cheating on Euphi.

MC is forced to dance with Mortiz, head of the wizard department & heir to the Mortiz family, a clan of wizards. The two are archrivals as he looks down on her magic-lessness & despises her ability. They verbally snipe at each other a bit before MC refreshes herself by dancing with Euphi.

Note: Al is completely absent from ALL of these events so far.

After the investigation is over, MC goes around to the knights & asks them about Ryeini, but doesn't get much out of it. So she charges directly into the Knight Captain's home to scold his son (one of the boys who joined Al in condemning Euphi) directly to his face & interrogate him about why he did such a thing. He seems to be under the influence of something & after MC's scolding, he slowly comes to realize that. He also confirms that most of the guys thought of Euphi as cold & thus they disliked her.

The Baron & Ryeini are later brought in to the palace & the Baron profusely apologizes for his daughter's lack of manners. MC asks to confirm something with Ryeini first & after touching Ryeini's chest, MC confirms that Ryeini isn't human.

More specifically, she's half vampire. MC then gives everyone a brief rundown of what vampires are & how they work - which she found out from studying ancient texts.

Vamp Lore TLDR:
    >Vamps are the result of a wizard trying to gain immortality. He implanted a magic stone within himself.
    >All vamps have glamour, fangs, claws, a magic stone in their chest & can make new half-vamps by giving birth or by biting people.
    >Ryeini's mother's side had some vampirism in it, which is why she was born with a magic stone in her chest. Her vamp powers were dormant up until her mom died & Ryeini was adopted by the Baron. The loss of her mom & the new environment she had to adapt to stressed Ryeini out so much that her glamour activated as a self-defense mechanism.
    >This made the men around her crazy yanderes & the women around her hate/love her, too - which scared her even more. Ryeini is weak-willed so she gave up on trying to stop it.
    >As a half-vamp, Ryeini does not need to drink blood, but she has very little control over her powers. If she drinks blood, she will become a full vamp, gain full control over her powers but will now need to keep drinking blood to live.

Removing the stone is suggested, but MC posits that this would likely kill Ryeini (surgery is not that advanced in this world), so instead, Ryeini is brought to live with MC & Euphi to learn how to control her powers or else she might end up unintentionally destroying the kingdom with her honeypot/Tomie-ness.

It's pointed out to MC that this is probably not going to fly well with Euphi so she immediately goes to Euphi & explains the whole situation to her, promising that she won't be affected by Ryeini's powers & isn't favoring her. (MC confirmed Ryeini's vampness by using a magic stone - it reacted to Ryeini like when you try to force the same poles on magnets together. MC is immune to the glamour because she was cursed by a dragon she defeated in combat.) Euphi isn't happy about it but agrees to it.

She & Ryeini finally have a proper first conversation together to settle the score & Euphi confirms that yup, she is starting to feel the glamour's effects (but Euphi has very high self control so it doesn't show on her face) despite still disliking Ryeini. Ryeini apologizes profusely for unintentionally ruining Euphi's engagement.

Ryeini is eventually able to grow fangs, change her eye color & grow claws as a result of the training with MC.

MC: With those claws, you'd make for a great assassin!
    Ryeini: That isn't funny, please don't say that....

However, because this involves MC touching Ryeini's chest a lot, Euphi looks at MC rather coldly throughout the whole thing. Ryeini sees MC as a sister & MC then narrates how the feud/estrangement between her & AL started.

As Ryeini is finally able to control her glamour, MC takes her & Euphi along to a magic exhibition being held by nobles. MC is debuting her magic broom. Mortiz comes over & distracts MC with more verbal sniping & after he leaves, a scream rings out.
    MC & Euphi rush over to the source & see......

Al ripping the stone out of Ryeini's chest & taking it for himself.

Mortiz had told Al earlier about his suspicions that Ryeini was a half-vamp with glamour, so Al had merely pretended to be infatuated with her so he could get her powers. He had grown to despise MC as he was constantly treated by everyone, including their parents, as just her backup & her foil. No matter what he did, he couldn't win against her & he started to see her as a monster.

Thus he resolved to become a monster himself (half-vamp) in order to finally be recognized. Originally, he was simply planning on using Ryeini so her glamour would make the kingdom adore him, but MC interfered & took both Ryeini AND Euphi from him. And then she & the King just decided everything without asking him why he did such a thing, as they merely assumed that he would deal with it once Ryeini was no longer glamouring him.

His resentment over being disregarded while simultaneously having all the responsibility dumped onto him & inferiority complex over how everyone treated him as MC's incapable foil (from MC protecting him from the monster to her getting rid of his opponents & his parents only making him the crown prince because MC didn't want the throne) drove him completely nuts.

Al & MC then have a huge shounen action battle (Naruto & Sasuke style - lots of screaming), with him throwing his powered up spells at her & her fending off his attacks with her mana sword. He rants at her about how much he hates her & their parents & how he grew to wish that he was never born in the first place.

Meanwhile, Euphi & a healing mage are attending to a slowly dying Ryeini. Ryeini weakly comments about how both Al & MC are trying so hard but she herself is so weak & gives up easily. Euphi berates her for her meekness & tells her that she IS brave. She then convinces Ryeini to take her blood as the healing magic isn't enough to deal with Ryeini's blood loss. Euphi kisses Ryeini & Ryeini sucks blood from her, healing herself & becoming a full vampire. After confirming Ryeini's state, Euphi goes over to the wrecked battlefield.

Al & MC have completely destroyed the place & burnt out in a stalemate. MC apologizes to Al for hurting him the way she did earlier & Al scoffs. Euphi goes over, punches them both in the face & scolds them for being so stupid. Al laughs in disbelief, stating that he didn't realize that Euphi was capable of such an outburst.

Al officially loses his right to the throne (which he didn't care about in the first place) since he's now a half vamp (regeneration powers), so all his kids will also be half vamps. The Queen weeps over the realization that her careless attitude towards Al resulted in him hating her. (Just because one kid causes issues & the other one doesn't, that doesn't mean you can neglect them & focus entirely on the problem child!) The King asks Al if he still hates them but he doesn't answer. Al is to be exiled to a far corner of the kingdom where he will work for the good of the kingdom for the rest of his life to make up for the crime of wanting to glamour the entire populace into obeying him.

Ryeini now needs to drink blood from Euphi but she's no longer dangerous since she's not unintentionally glamouring people anymore. Al properly apologizes to the both of them for involving them in all of this & they accept it. He & MC briefly say farewell to each other & he tells her to her face that he hates her. (But the anger is mostly gone now since they completely burnt out each other's emotions during that big fight earlier, so he's not boiling with resentment now). The Mortiz family is arrested for the plot & they are slated for execution.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    That's some extreme family drama. I do feel bad for al because hes always sidelined but he should've at least tried.

4. so-chintzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he did try, but no matter what, people just paid more attention to MC since she was so crazy. It was mentioned that he did very well as a prince (which is why his family was so shocked when he condemned Euphi), he just wasn't a weirdo maverick like MC (& he probably couldn't bring himself to copy her either).

I think the condemnation just proved to him that even if he did something crazy like MC's antics (she's always flying around the castle & being chased after by the knights), his parents still wouldn't bother to look into why he acted out like they did with MC. So the whole thing just pissed him off even more.

5. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Overshadowed to hell and back. Poor al.

darkcrystal, Yanya, Mikaa and 7 others like this.
  6. so-chintzy

Reading List:
    Link
    He also lowkey resents Euphi a bit too. Since her abilities & tying her family to the royals are so important & thus, only Euphi can be Queen.

He's foiling for both Euphi & MC - "a king just for decoration" as he refers to himself.

――I remember the warmth of those hands.

There was no reprimand for failure.

I was just laughing. Next time, be careful.

If successful, the voice of rejoicing echoed.

With her eyes shining, she praised him.

『――Al-kun! 』

It was days that swung around.

It was a daily life that was constantly changing.

She was an ignorant child. So I felt happy to know.

She knows that she doesn't know, he himself doesn't know.

We are moving forward while repeating. Even without such awareness.

I remember that dazzling light with all this being.

『Let's go, Al-kun! The next invention is amazing! 』

No one is perfect. They did not exist.

There was no eternity. That's it.

The starting point is that we ran away. Followed. And it was powerless.

『--- Sorry, Al-kun"』

The distance between each other was far away. Everyone tells us the shape of the world we don't want.

You still have to keep it. I was born that way.

It can't be helped. I can't help it. I can't help.

-Suddenly, I looked up at the sky.

There was a large and magnificent place where no one was caught-that person.

Those crawling on the ground never reach the sky. But she reached it.

I can't go anywhere and I realize I'm just helpless.

It is dark and buried everywhere. The name becomes just a sign.

Without content, as desired, without noticing.

『--I'm your sister, Algard! I'll call you Al-kun! 』

I remember the warmth of those hands.

For you and so on. I remember the heat that was not deception.

I really wanted power. The power to reach that sky.

――So Algard von Palettia can never be happy.

For those who do not have wings, the happiness of freely flying in the sky cannot be obtained.

――So, Anne-Sophia Wynn Palletia cannot be happy forever.

Even if you have wings, you lose your freedom because of the fate of blood and the wedge of the country.

If there is a difference. Those who flew in the sky could choose to step on the ground.

And those without wings were not even qualified to fly in the sky. This is just that.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  7. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess getting sent to the outskirts was for the best for him.

Also, that cuts pretty deep.

8. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    how could I say? though this isn't the first time I sympathize with villains but dude really need a hug o.o being ignored like that really hurts...

Bella94, darkcrystal, haweii and 4 others like this.
  9. so-chintzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, there are even real life examples of this, too! Everyone knows about Mary Kate & Ashley, the Olsen twins, from their movies, but nobody pays attention or even knows about Elizabeth Olsen, their sister, who is also an accomplished actress. :blobwoah:

MC literally revolutionized magic itself & created the concept of magicology. Euphi is the top wizard at school & has the best grades. Even if Al was a great prince/king, he'd just be known as "Euphi's husband" or "MC's brother" unless he did something just as mindblowing or drastic.

10. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She plays a major marvel character, I think people know about her now.
    Considering the consequences for the woman in most stories, that is not a way to try and get his parents attention. If anything it should get them to look away from him more...

11. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any progress in the 'yuri romance' part of the story? Just wanting to know if I'm gonna stuck with a yuribait or something haha.

12. vita1961

vita1961 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like Al just needed a hug and a person who would be there for him. I don’t think he had a person to trust and confide in. He would wallow in his inferiority complex alone. Other people knew about it, but they couldn’t really help much with it. Plus he had a high status so it’s harder to make true friends that he could confide in. He just wanted attention. And it’s sad what he would do for attention. It really wasn’t cool how they decided everything without him. They didn’t even bother to talk to him and berate him on what he had done. They just felt he was enamored with a woman and that was that.

Bella94, darkcrystal, Ceilo27 and 2 others like this.
  13. ViviFreya

ViviFreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand Al's reasoning in hating his sister and Euphi, but it doesn't forgive his murder attempt against Ryeini.
    It's like, there he was being so horrible, but they just forgive him like "ehhh".

Bella94, darkcrystal, Ceilo27 and 5 others like this.
  14. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, does Al end up redeeming himself afterwards?

Also, he's lucky he was forgiven by the attempted murder of Ryeini and his sister, and the way he tried to ruin his former fiancee's wife in the path for the power to brainwash others.

Bella94, darkcrystal, Ceilo27 and 3 others like this.
  15. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me what he did is pretty irredeemable, not that the author can not try to redeem him. .

Bella94, darkcrystal and sirwence like this.
  16. CoCoLightning

CoCoLightning Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So do Anise and Euphie end up together or not?

danildvln likes this.
  17. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed honestly I am quite curious how the Throne bit works now.. As i assume MC will Take it.. as she is .. It as far as ability. (unless there is a dynastic change ? ) and does the Anise x Euphie ship sail? Or is it Bait..

------------

I fell there is a difference in "Being a Maverick" and doing something 'Crazy' IE his antics were a literal plot to in effect overthrow a kingdom; not just 'something crazy' at that point its 'treason' she is eccentric and a maverick inventor and certainly does things her own way; his actions throughout the series from how ive read them in what has been spoiled.. either jerkass because I wasnt hugged enough to the point of murdering someone for power to kill his sister.. so yeah *shrug* Kinda hard for me to pity him- Not saying I totally approve of the parenting but they didn't seem to treat him poorly either as no one is perfect. But honestly his resentment levels (to the point of treason and murder) dont really meet the level of why hes so angry (no one loves me as much as my sister wahh) etc

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  18. grendal

grendal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am now mtling the WN and I can confirm that Euphie and Anise do end up together.

Their engagement is after the fight between Anise and Algard. Euphie practically proposes to Anise and only then Anise fully falls in love with Euphie.

Also Reini needs to suck blood from Illya, not Euphie

Shey_04, Bella94, lazynoodles and 9 others like this.
  19. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any further developments ? Would love to know more ~

And indeed I was curious if it was Euphi or Illya that she was drinking blood from thanks for clarifying ; as I was curious of the risk of turning either of them into a half vampire as .. shes gonna kind of need to keep doing it now that shes a full vampire.

I was curious as well if anyone knew the overall ending since I believe the WN was completed? (though not the LN) how do the solve the heir issue as well

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  20. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor onii-chan.

Worthless when compared to a genius, so he takes extreme measures to overcome society.

Still a piece of shit, but it's refreshing to see an antagonist with relatable motives lol