Discussion Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by whimsical_reader, Mar 20, 2021.

1. whimsical_reader

whimsical_reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ghad! Oh ghad! I'm so effing jittery right now.. it's like my brain exploded into brain mush from the aftershock.. and I feel I'm going nuts.. Crap! Damn! I did not expect that coming.. I thought the romance subplot of the Throne of Magical Arcana destroyed the whole theme.. I must be crazy thinking that I actually like it.. I ACTUALLY LIKE IT! Waaaaaaaahhh... I just have to share what I'm feeling right now.. OHMYGHAD.. the bed scene! It's so cute how they describe "Lucien's thing"... hahahahahahaha

I'm not gonna elaborate on the whole story.. just sharing my thoughts on the romance subplot.. though it did lower my opinion on the story.. coz' I'm currently reading it right now.. haven't read the whole thing yet..

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Author wrote another novel called martial arts master where romance is 50% of the story if you're interested

whimsical_reader and HappyHavak like this.
  3. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this the one where science influence their mindscape ? It was interesting if so but the plagirise one was better imo Warlock of the magus world.

whimsical_reader likes this.
  4. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Wizard : Similar to Throne of magical arcane, but magic doesn't exist in world, only gods do. MC studies gods and their descendants and creates magic civilization from scratch.
    No Romance or Music Ark.

5. CovetousWolf

CovetousWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually romance ruined it. It was REALLY forced.
    If they were friends and were forced to fight each other it will be more tragic and better. But instead we have another story for kids about "love".

6. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read ToMA for the magic, loved it coz' of the romance and music. A story about just magic seems so bland now.

7. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm.... Am I weird??? I actually liked the romance subplot of the novel....
    Actually I don't like those romance novel where mc fall in love with the FL from the very start.... Or have some special feeling for them......
    Instead I like how the author approached the romance thing... They were friends of opposite gender and interacted with each other for a long time.... And only then the mc fell in love.... I liked that.... Tho you're describing that bed thing... I haven't gotten that far yet... So will have to try and see...
    And aside from how the author started the whole romance thing I didn't liked the rest of the story that much....
    I've started reading it cuz the author was the same person who wrote Lotm
    And the whole music thing felt annoying to me(◕ᴗ◕✿)

8. whimsical_reader

whimsical_reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I thought so too. The romance subplot is rather force. The novel could just have tone down the cliches.. and I wasn't used to the ending.. I've read lotm first and the happily ever after just doesn't feel right..