Novel A fluffy romance book from me

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by hansora, Apr 21, 2021.

1. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm writing a new story, a fluffy romance and slice-of-life kind of book

Title: As the Wind Blows Your Scent to Me

Synopsis:
    "Meow~ Meow~" The orange tabby cat sneaked out of the house, bringing back with it a little girl to resurrect the faint link between two people who had just crossed paths together once. Years ago, on the day she ended her first love, she met him in a series of strange events. Yet, they didn't meet again until a few years had passed. When they met again, it was him who remembered her first. "Uncle, when would you give me an auntie?" "Uncle, why don't you marry Teacher Kato home?" "Teacher Kato, do you find my uncle handsome?" Both of them exchanged glances before they hurriedly looked away with the tips of their ears reddened. The little girl grinned and gave thumbs up to the orange tabby cat next to her before she looked at her back. "Big Brother, look! I've found us an auntie!" "Meow~ Meow~" The orange tabby cat happily agreed to the little girl's words.

Genre: Romance, slice-of-life, growth, mature couple

Table of Contents: I'm sorry, I do not know how to link the chapters posted under this thread :notlikeblob: where should I get the link for each reply, could someone please teach me? :aww:

The original chapters are posted on WebNovel

note: I wonder if I've followed the rules properly for this section :blobsweat_2:

otaku31 and 7174PK like this.
  2. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    A brightly lit chandelier hung above on the high ceiling, basking its light on the people dining in the exquisite restaurant. All of them were enjoying their time together, either with friends, families or lovers. The sound of amicable laughter occasionally rang in the air, intertwining with the melody played by the pianist on the stage.

In one corner, a young lady in a pastel blue dress was eagerly waiting for her companion to arrive. From time to time, her eyes wandered from the entrance of the restaurant to the plates of food served on the table.

Glimmers of excitement and anxiousness flitted in her eyes.

"Where is he?" She sighed softly.

She tried making a few calls but none of them went through. She could only wait for now.

As the time continued ticking, more and more patrons leaving the restaurant.

As time continued passing, the young lady's anticipation got dampened.

It seemed like... She had to make her decision today, even though she really didn't want to.

Either to continue to hold on or... to let go.

"Excuse me, miss?"

She lifted up her eyes to meet the face of the waiter who served her earlier.

The young man flashed an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry but, it's our closing time. Would your partner come to you?"

She blinked her eyes. When she looked around her, it was already close to empty.

"Ah, sorry," She unconsciously clenched her fists under the table, "Please pack the food for me."

The waiter once again bowed to express his apology. She quickly waved her hands, saying it was alright. The man carefully picked all of the dishes that had yet to be eaten and brought them back to the kitchen.

The young lady lowered her head. She didn't know how should she deal with her disappointment.

This was not the first time.

After getting the packed food and paying for the meal, she walked out of the restaurant with a straight back. On her way out, she passed by the people who walked back and forth in the lobby of the hotel. Some of them might have just arrived because they got big luggage with them.

She passed through the automatic doors of the entrance and walked to one corner. She was thinking to book a taxi as the night had gotten late.

"Himari!"

Her feet stopped at the sound of her name was called out. She didn't realize how stiff she was as she slowly turned around.

The man who she had been waiting all night was standing right in front of her.

A name flowed out of her mouth.

"...Jun."

The time stood still between them for a moment before the man broke the silence.

"I'm sorry. I've kept you waiting again..."

Jun didn't find any excuse. He directly admitted to his mistake.

Himari swallowed a bitter smile, "I guess your family went all out celebrating you tonight. After all, you're going abroad tomorrow. I suppose they asked you to rest well and not to come here."

Jun froze. His eyes darted to the right and left. He couldn't refute what the young woman had guessed.

Himari let out a sigh. At this moment, countless memories flashing through her mind. She carefully took in the appearance of the man standing opposite her.

Fujihara Jun.

This man had been her first love ever since she entered high school.

An upright and brilliant student. Teachers' favorite. Not to mention his good looks, he hailed from a well-off background. He was the most sought-after male student during the time they were in school.

Himari kept her feelings for herself. She never showed any sign that she liked him. But, never did she expect that he was the one who confessed to her first.

"Himari, I like you. Would you be my girlfriend?"

Those words elevated her to the sky. She happily accepted his confession before the spring break in her second year of high school.

They had been together for almost five years. Even when they were busy with university stuff, they would make time to meet from time to time.

Jun was a brilliant student. While most students sought jobs right after universities ended, he managed to get a spot for post-graduate studies abroad.

His place should be high above her.

She had to look up if she wanted to see him.

Himari suppressed a heavy sigh while closing her eyes. She lightly shook her head. When she opened them again, a resolve gleamed in her eyes.

Time and again, she thought of it but, because she loved him, she was unwilling to do so.

Yet...

It seemed like it was pointless to keep holding on to her hope.

"Jun," She called. Her eyes were directly looking at him.

"...Yes," Jun was cautious as he answered her.

He understood he had made her waiting again, even though it was not his intention.

Himari smiled sadly. Her smile revealed a dimple on her right cheek, "Let's break up."

The man's eyes widened in surprise. His eyelids twitched, his jaw turned rigid.

"What do you mean?"

His voice was so low as if he was whispering to himself.

"I mean what I said," Himari was calm even though her heart was trembling greatly, "We are not suitable. Let's just end it here."

"No! I don't agree!" Jun shook his head.

How could they break up? They had been together for years?

How could she ask for a break up right before he left?

"Either you agree or not, let's just break up," Himari didn't let her expression waver, "You're destined to be a man with a great future. You'd be gone for years. While you're away, do you think your family would just let me be?"

Jun didn't have anything to say when Himari pointed out the problem that had always loomed over their relationship.

Even though they had been together for years, his family had never accepted Himari. They insisted to engage him to the daughter of a family's friend.

His mother and father loathed Himari's humble background. They looked down on her mother.

Over the years, his mother would often find Himari to force her to leave him. The humiliation Himari had to endure made Jun helpless.

He didn't have power over his family.

"The last two days, your mother came to see me," Himari chuckled softly, "She offered me money again, saying I'm not suitable to be with her promising son. Hehe, it really looked like a scene from a drama."

"I'll tell her off! I promise!"

Himari shook her head, "No. We just have to break up."

"But... how could we break up?" Jun didn't notice his eyes had turned red. His gaze was directed to Himari's calm face, "We love each other. This is not a reason why we should break up..."

Himari lowered her gaze. She looked at the paper bag that carried the packed food. An urge to laugh at herself suddenly came up.

She worked harder on her part-time jobs just for her to be able to save up money to celebrate Jun's going abroad. This was her first time booking a table in a five-star hotel. Since he would be gone soon, Himari wanted to give him a proper celebration but...

She didn't expect it would turn out this way.

Himari lifted up her gaze and once again looking at the man.

"Sometimes, love isn't enough," She smiled.

Before, she thought he was her world, the one who she would depend on her future days.

Yet, from time to time, that kind of thought would always cross her mind.

Was it worth it for her to carry this kind of love?

But, because her feelings would always overweight her thinking, she didn't think much of it.

She didn't dare because she knew the answer.

Until tonight.

"It's true that I love you, but, Jun, if this continued I'd grow tired."

With love, it should come with security.

Yet, she didn't feel it whenever she was with him. Or rather, her sense of security gradually faded over the years.

"Himari, don't... Don't break up with me, okay?"

Jun was close to begging her. His tall stature hunched as he tried to hold her hand but Himari was quick to take a step back. Hurt flashed in his eyes.

"Maybe, my heart is too small to bear your love," Himari continued talking. The calmness of her face didn't mirror her heart that was currently breaking into pieces, "You could curse me as heartless. Even so, I want to thank you for all these years. You've given me a pleasant first love."

"Himari..." Jun was too choked up to say anything. His heart ached terribly especially when he saw how peaceful she was.

Himari showed him a sincere smile, "I pray for your success no matter where you go. Jun, farewell."

With the last words, Himari turned around. Jun kept shouting for her but she never stopped. Her small figure left the bright area of the grand hotel, walking into the darkness.

The orange lights coming from the lamp poles fell on her, gleaming her silent tears.

Five years.

The five years of being together with her first love finally came to the end.

The pain was unbearable. But, she hoped as he was no longer in her sight, the pain would soften and the memories of him were blurred by time.

Himari quietly chose a place to sit down. It was dark around her but she didn't stop to think of her safety. Her finger pressed on a number displayed on the phone. Once the call was connected, she let out a depressing laugh.

"Hey, Nanako, I've set him free."

3. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    "What... What did you say?"

Himari laughed again, "I said, I've broken up with Jun."

What followed next was a screeching sound of yelling came from the end of the line. Himari had to distance the phone from her ear for a second.

"Ha! Good riddance! I never expect you'd do it. Bet his mother would dance happily tonight if she knew. Ergh, but, where are you now? Are you still at the hotel?"

Himari looked around her, "I'm at a park near the hotel. I'm going home now."

"If only I'm there, I could accompany you," Nanako sighed heavily, "Ah! Since you're at the hotel, why don't you just stay there tonight? It wouldn't do much but, nursing your heartbreak in a splendid hotel room is way better than returning to your apartment."

Nanako's words made Himari laughed.

"When are you coming back?" She changed the subject.

Nanako was currently in the neighboring city, doing a project for the company she had gotten hired to. Her best friend's luck was pretty good. While most of their classmates were still having to go to interviews, Nanako was already chosen by one of the companies that topped her list.

"I should be back by the next Thursday," Nanako sighed again, "Alright. Just do as I've said. Go to sleep in the hotel. Don't forget to use my voucher. Once I'm back, I'll lend you my shoulders if you still wanted to cry."

"Hehe, thank you, Nanako," Himari curled up her lips. She rubbed the tears that were still on her face, "Go to sleep now. It's late."

"I won't silence my phone tonight so call me if there's anything, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll do that," Himari got up from the bench. She turned around and began to walk to the hotel.

"Himari."

"En?"

"There are countless stars in the sky. You could pick another one after you've moved on."

Himari chuckled, "Yes, you're right."

It would be hard, but, she had to continue with her life.

Himari did as Nanako say. She used the hotel voucher to book a room. Nanako gave it to her with an evil intention when she said she would celebrate Jun going abroad at the hotel.

Her friend always had a crooked mind. Himari didn't expect she would stay in the hotel room because of a breakup.

"Okay... This room is quite big."

Himari was amused once she entered the hotel room. It was a single room located at the end of the hallway but the size of the room was inferior to the single rooms she had lived during her rare trips before.

Well, this hotel wasn't a five-star hotel for nothing.

Himari closed the door, kicked off her shoes and put down her bag and the paper bag of the packed food on the coffee table. She plopped herself on the soft mattress. Her eyes began to wander around.

In an instant, tears were leaking out of her eyes.

This time, she cried seriously. With no one around her, she let out all of the pain her heart was suffering. Her cries sounded so heartwrenching, tearing her heart apart.

She had never thought of breaking up with Jun. Even when she was constantly been downgraded by his family, she persevered because she thought it was enough to just have him.

But, as she did so, she was dragging herself down.

"Who knows who your father is? Do you think our family could accept a bastard child like you?"

"Only a well-bred young lady would suit my son. You should disappear from his sight now!"

"Tsk, no wonder! With your mother's look, it's easy for her to seduce men. What a vixen!"

It was bearable if those ugly words were directed to her but, her mother also got spilled by the dirty water.

She couldn't imagine what her life would be if she got married to Jun.

No matter how much she loved him, the torment would gradually erase the good feelings she had for him.

It was best to break up before they tore their faces apart.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Himari was startled. She was shocked by the successive sound of someone knocking heavily on the door.

"...Who's there?" Her hoarse voice echoed weakly in the room.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Himari shrank in fear. She didn't dare to open it as she sensed danger.

It wouldn't be Jun, right? Did he see her entering the hotel?

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Himari got out of the bed yet she stood still on the spot. Her entire body trembled in fright.

After some time had passed, the banging on the door stopped. Even so, her heart didn't stop pounding hard. The silence sent goosebumps all over her body.

"...He's gone?"

Himari took a careful step toward the door. She tip-toed and peeked through the cat's eye.

The hallway was deserted by people. She couldn't see even anyone out there.

Himari let out a breath of relief. She turned around, planning to go wash her face before once again her feet stopped.

It shouldn't be Jun, right?

Fighting against her rationale, Himari slowly opened the door. She looked at her left and right. Since her room was at the end of the hallway, she could only see people if she looked at her right.

No one was here.

Himari couldn't help but be disappointed. Although she was the one who initiated the break-up, a part of her heart was still anticipating him. She laughed in self-deception. Himari pulled the door, wanting to close it.

"...Ah!"

At the last moment, a shadow fell on her. She was pushed inside the room. By the time she could react, a man had already entered the room. The door was closed heavily behind him. He frantically latched and locked the door.

"Who are you?" Himari was frightened. She didn't dare to move even for a bit.

The man cast a gloomy look at her. Himari was shocked to see his eyes appeared blurry and his face was flushed red. His black suit was messy as well, not at all looking like most of the patrons of the hotel.

Was this man drunk?

"Get out! Or... or, I'll call the security!"

"Shut up!" The man hissed, "Do you want me to harm you?"

Himari sealed her lips. She was frightened by the man's warning.

As her mind was buzzing with how to call for help, the man swept his eyes across the room. Himari jolted when she saw him moving away from the door. She was afraid he would lay his hands on her.

But, her fear was turned into confusion when suddenly the man entered the bathroom. The door was slammed shut and a clicking sound came from it. Not long after, the splashing of water heavily hit the floor. The mist was quick to form on the frosted glass of the bathroom door.

...What was that?

"Who are you? I'm calling the security!" Himari shouted toward the bathroom.

The man didn't reply to any of her questions. Besides the sound of water falling on the floor, heavy groans intertwined together with it.

What should she do? What should she do?

Knock! Knock! Knock!

As Himari was frantic, she was once again surprised when the door was knocked again. Her eyes darted to the closed door of the bathroom. Himari mustered up her courage. She quickly ran to the door and opened it.

Three men in black suits stood in front of her.

"...Yes? Could I help you?" Her voice sounded so low as she was frightened by the men's harsh glares.

Her instincts told her that these men were more dangerous than the one in the bathroom.

"Miss, do you see a man running around here?" One of them asked, "He wore a suit. He should be this tall."

The man raised up a hand to indicate the man's height.

Himari stiffly shook her head, "I've seen no one. Maybe... he has gone to the other side?"

The man who stood on the right squinted his eyes, "Miss, are you with someone right now? Could we come in?"

"You..."

Himari froze when something pressed heavily on her waist. A cool sensation coming from one side. From the corner of her eyes, she saw the man was hiding behind the door while pinning something on her.

"I'm here with my partner!" Himari flared at the men, "How dare you invade our privacy! Go now before I call for security!"

The man was taken aback, "That..."

"Let's go," The one who spoke first stopped his partner. He bowed to Himari, "We are sorry, miss. Please excuse us."

Soon, the three men ran toward the elevator. Himari took a glance at the man.

"Close the door," The man's voice sounded so cold as he stared down at her.

Himari could only close the door. Her legs felt so soft she thought like she could fall down at any moment.

Even then, she put on a tough front. Himari narrowed her eyes and looked back at the man.

The man's entire body was wet. His hair clung to his head. Water had dripped to the floor, dampening the area around him.

"Put down your knife."

The man lowered his hand from her waist. The sharp tip of the fruit knife glinted under the light.

Himari inwardly let out a breath of relief. She thought she would really be done for when she felt the man pressed the blunt side of the knife to her waist.

The man took a step back. His face grimaced, showing how uncomfortable he was.

"You... what are you doing?"

The man staggered back to the bathroom. He didn't look back as he spat out, "If you don't want me to do something to you, stay away."

Once again, the door was shut close.

4. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    Himari didn't even understand what was going on tonight.

She was supposed to mend her heartbreak in a luxurious hotel room alone, but, suddenly someone came to accompany her.

Well, it was more like a barge in, really.

It was a really confusing night.

Himari sat on the couch. Her eyes were trained on the door of the bathroom. That man had been showering ever since he crashed into the room.

Did he want to get rid of his drunkness by showering all night long?

While she was thinking, her phone rang suddenly, shattering her thoughts away.

Himari was flustered. She looked down and saw Jun's name as the caller.

Jun...

Himari rejected the call. Then, she silenced her phone before tossing the phone to the bed.

Since she had decided to end it, it was better if she did nothing to give herself new hopes. Himari was afraid if her heart would waver if she picked up the phone.

She was not a strong girl. She endured all the humiliation from his family because she wanted to stay with him. But, if she continued doing so, she might lose herself soon.

Especially, Himari didn't want his family to continue looking down on her mother.

Himari sighed. She suddenly missed her mother so much. Before she started working, she should go home and visit her soon.

Creak...

Himari abruptly lifted up her eyes. The man finally emerged out of the bathroom hours of hiding inside. He was still in his wet suit. His complexion was pale. It might be because of him showering under cold water.

"Mister? Do you... need a towel?"

Himari was both alerted and relax when she saw him.

The man looked at her. He pressed his lips into a thin line and lightly nodded.

Himari walked to the wardrobe at one side of the room then gave a new towel to the man. The man quietly took the towel from her and began to dry his hair.

Himari was at a loss on what she should do. She silently retreated to the couch and once again sat down.

This was so awkward...

Why did this kind of thing happen on the night of her break-up?

Did it happen to divert her attention away from thinking of Jun?

The man finally stopped drying off his hair. Even though his entire clothes were wet, he took the liberty himself by sitting down on a couch far from Himari. Without even speaking to her, he closed his eyes.

Himari, "..."

While the man didn't pay attention to her, Himari quietly scrutinized his face.

This man looked a few years older than her. He might be in his late 20s. He was quite good-looking despite being in a disheveled state.

Ah, he had a beauty mark under his right eye.

Himari shook her head, trying to focus on the more important things here.

Why did those men trying to find him? Was he a bad guy? She couldn't say it well but Himari didn't feel too scared of him, unlike the first time the man barged into the room.

Even then, she shouldn't let her guard down.

"...I'm sorry."

Himari was startled.

"I'm sorry for frightening you," The man spoke quietly, word by word. He still closed his eyes even though it was clear that he was talking to her, "Let me stay here until the morning. Please."

Himari was quite shocked when the man spoke decently to her. She thought he would be as cold and gloomy as before. He had even said 'please' to her.

"I don't know what is your situation," Himari clenched her hands, not showing how nervous she was suddenly, "Are the people from before looking for you?"

The man nodded.

Himari didn't ask more. It was better to not pry too deep into something she didn't know about. Moreover, this man was a stranger.

Clang!

The man promptly stood up and ran toward the bathroom at the quickest speed. Himari was baffled when she heard the sound of water hitting the floor again.

What was he doing?

He didn't look too drunk when he came out earlier?

Himari pressed the space between her temples. This night was too weird. She didn't know from where she should start thinking. This strange setting made her both on guard and relaxed simultaneously.

In the end, the man only stayed inside the bathroom while Himari was left alone on the couch. As the night grew longer, it was hard to keep up her vigilance. Himari didn't even realize she had fallen asleep while a stranger was still in the room.

The bathroom door was finally opened again at the break of the dawn. The iciness of the cold shower exuded from his entire body.

The man was quiet as his eyes fell on the young woman who was curling up on the couch. He pondered for a moment before he went to grab a blanket from the bed and placed it on the woman. He stood quite far from her, afraid of touching her.

The scorching heat inside his body hadn't been dampened thoroughly. If he didn't be mindful of his action, he was afraid he would do something irreversible to this unknown woman.

"..Sobs..."

The man frowned. He was shocked to see tears running down the woman's face. Her lips moved as she whispered words in her sleep.

What's wrong with her?

The woman didn't wake up. She just quietly cried in her sleep.

Somehow, he felt bad seeing her like this.

The man shook his head then he turned around. He opened the balcony door and stepped outside. He closed the sliding door behind him before he made a call. The phone was damp under his shriveled fingers.

"Kazuya! Where are you?"

A frantic voice penetrated his ears. The man frowned.

"Have you taken care of them?" The man swept his gaze across the view of the city basking under neon lights. The cold night wind helped to sober him up.

"Yes. They thought you've left the hotel but, hey, where are you hiding?"

"Room 20-15. Get me a set of new clothes as well."

"Gotcha. Argh, I can't believe they dare to drug you," The man continued voicing out his frustration.

"Have you look into it?" Kazuya glanced at the grounds of the hotel. Since it was still early, it was hard to see any vehicles moving around.

"Those bastards planned to let you spend a night with the prostitutes they got. They have even drugged the girls as well. If they managed to capture you, hell, the board won't stay quiet."

Kazuya sneered. A cold light flashed in his eyes, "They have certainly worked hard. So? I won't believe you if you told me you did nothing to them?"

"Hehe, I let them taste their own medicine," The man scoffed, "We would just wait for the news tomorrow. Wait for a bit, I'll go now. And, Aunt Mayu said Chiharu cried looking for you. Izumi has calmed her down. You'd better go home directly before those kids pester me again about your whereabouts."

"Tell Aunt Mayu I'd go home in the morning," Kazuya sighed.

"Okay. As long as you know what to do."

The man at the end of the line hung up. Kazuya placed the phone inside his wet jacket. He propped his elbows on the guardrail.

His eyes were as dark as the night sky. No one could tell what was brewing inside his mind.

Soon, the rays of sunlight began to spill on the ground. Himari was woken up by the sound of people talking.

...Hurm?

Ah!

Himari abruptly sat up. The blanket fell down around her. She stared at an unfamiliar man who was standing outside the bathroom.

Who was he? This was not the man from last night!

"Ah, I've woken you up, pretty lady," The man turned around. He flashed her a bright smile, "I'm sorry. You've worked hard last night."

"...Where's that man?" Himari thought she was dreaming.

Why did there be another man inside the room?

Before the man dressed in a jacket and jeans answered, the door of the bathroom was opened. The man from last night came out of it. He was already changed into a set of dry clothes.

"Miss, I'm really sorry for bothering you last night," The man stood not far from her and respectfully gave her a light bow.

"Ah, there's nothing..." Her jumbled up mind couldn't cooperate with her so early in the morning.

The man smiled faintly. It was nothing to how cold and gloomy he looked last night.

"I hope you won't speak of what happened last night. It's for your own safety as well," The man spoke.

Himari didn't know if she should be scared or not. His words didn't sound threatening to her.

"Alright, mister."

The man nodded again, "Then, we'll go now. I'm sorry again."

"Bye-bye, little sister," The second man waved at her.

Himari dazedly watched the two men exiting the room, leaving no traces of their presence at all.

What was that?

Himari slapped her cheeks a few times. She really couldn't understand the strange events that happened since last night.

Oh, well, since they would never meet again, she should just treat it as a dream.

While Himari was contemplating the matter, she saw something on the coffee table. Her hand reached out for the thing only for her to realize it was a name card.

The name card was in black color. It felt velvety to the touch. Only a name and a string of phone numbers were printed on one side of the paper while there was another paper under the card.

Hayashi Kazuya.

Was it his name?

Himari read the paper next.

'Thank you for your help last night. If you need anything, please tell me. I'll return the favor.'

5. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    Himari immediately went back to the neighborhood where she lived. She rented an apartment unit there. The building was only two stories tall and her unit was located on the second floor. Although it was quite old, the environment nearby was clean and peaceful.

The packed food had been forgotten by her because of the man's intrusion. Himari had no choice but to throw the spoilt food away. Her heart hurt when she thought of how much they cost.

Because her stomach grumbled nonstop, Himari stopped at one of the breakfast bars nearby to the apartment and had breakfast there before going home. She didn't eat anything last night because she was waiting for Jun. Then, her plan to eat in the hotel room was disrupted by that mysterious man.

"Here, Himari," The friendly auntie of the bar served her a breakfast set, "Enjoy your breakfast."

"Thank you, Aunt Saya," Himari smiled back.

She started to enjoy the breakfast.

Himari opened her phone. There were countless calls and messages from Jun and a few from Nanako. She ignored the ones from him and chose to call Nanako.

"Nanako."

Nanako was quick to answer her call, "How's your night at the hotel? Did you cry?"

Himari thought back of the strange night she had just passed through. She replied honestly, "I did cry but something happened so, I have forgotten to cry afterward."

"What do you mean?" Nanako sounded dumbfounded.

Himari chuckled softly, "Nothing. You're working right now, en? Let's talk again later."

"Ah, yes. I'm going to follow my leader. Bye-bye, Himari. Text me if you're feeling upset!"

"Bye-bye."

Himari finished her breakfast and paid for it. She had so many things to do today.

Since she had broken up with Jun, she wanted to clear her small apartment from the things he had given her.

Jun was a good boyfriend. Throughout the years they were together, he always celebrated her birthday, the days special for couples and even randomly giving her gifts. Himari didn't care about it but his actions did soften her heart. It showed that he had always been thinking of her.

As for her side, Himari rarely bought him anything but whenever she cooked something delicious, she would set aside a portion for Jun. It was enough to make him happy.

But...

From now on, she no longer had to keep a share for him.

Himari made her way to the apartment. Little children were playing by themselves. They were currently on spring break until the beginning of April.

Once the school started, it would be the beginning of her entering the working field. Himari would be teaching English at an elementary school in the neighboring town. Because the distance wasn't too far, she would continue living here until she could save up more money to move out.

Although Himari had to juggle her time studying and working part-time jobs, she placed greater importance on her education. She especially excelled in English. Because she didn't find any job interesting, she thought it was better if she applied to be a teacher.

She didn't why, she would always feel in awe whenever she was able to grasp whatever her teachers were teaching.

"Himari!"

Himari was startled. Her eyes widened in surprise once she saw Jun was standing at the gate of the apartment building.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned.

He was supposed to be at the airport!

Jun ran to her. He was still wearing the same clothes as last night's. His whole appearance was a mess.

"Where did you go? Why did you just come back?" Jun almost yelled as his frustration reached its peak.

Himari straightened her back. Her gaze was sharp as she stared at the man towering above her, "I don't have to report to you where did I go, aren't I?"

"Himari... Himari... Don't be like this. Let's talk, okay?" Jun lowered his voice. His reddened eyes were close to burst into tears, "Don't break up with me, en? I promise to be good to you. I won't let my family bother you again... So, don't leave me..."

His voice and words pricked Himari's heart. Despite the sharpness of her gaze, only she herself knew her spirit was close to breaking down.

"Do you know what you're saying?" Himari asked coolly.

"Yes! Yes... Anything, I'd do anything!"

"Would you leave your family if I asked you so?"

Jun froze. He blinked his eyes confusedly.

"Himari, that..."

Himari let out a sigh, "Jun, I really don't want to end things messily with you. At least, let's have a peaceful breakup, okay?"

She really didn't want to taint the beautiful memories they had once shared together with a bad end.

Moreover, she couldn't deny that Jun indeed was a good man.

"I don't agree!" Jun yelled.

"The moment I took a step back from our relationship, either you like it or not, you have to face it."

"Himari, don't be like this. I won't..."

"YOU BITCH!"

SLAP!

Both Himari and Jun were caught dumbfounded when a screeching voice drowned their voices. The voice was followed by a sound of a hand landing heavily on a skin. By the time they could react, Himari's face was already reddened with a handprint.

"Mom! What are you doing?"

Jun quickly subdued his mother from charging forward to Himari. The woman yelled again, ordering him to let her go.

"No wonder you're not at home all night! You came looking for this bastard child! Do you know you could miss your flight? Do you want to destroy your future because of her?!"

Himari lightly touched the part where Jun's mother slapped her. Her face grimaced in pain as the burning sensation spread from the area.

The last thread of her patience snapped.

"I've broken up with your son. Don't come to me again. Let's take this slap as what I've owed you all these years."

Himari's voice was so cold. Her eyes chillingly staring back at Mrs. Fujihara who was still insisted to make trouble for her.

"Himari..." Jun was horrified.

Himari turned around. She walked past them to get to the staircase. From the start until she reached the door of her apartment, she never looked back. She didn't even care when Mrs. Fujihara was throwing insults.

Click.

Himari rested her back against the door. The cold and calm expression on her face broke. Tears began springing out of her eyes. She slowly slid down until she fell on the floor.

Her cries began to fill the room.

It sounded so heartwrenching as her heart broke into tiny pieces.

Himari didn't know how much time had passed. By the time she finished crying, her eyes were already swollen like peanuts. She dragged herself from the door and slumped down on the bed.

This was really the end.

There was no going back.

Himari closed her eyes. She turned over and lied on her side. Her long hair cascaded on her face, covering the swollen part of her cheek.

Jun, I wish you happiness. May you found a new love who could make you happy.

Days passed by in a blink of an eye.

It had been a week since her breakup with Jun. Himari spent her days doing the things that she liked; cooking, strolling around the river and reading books.

It was hard at first but, she gradually let go of her sad feelings. What made her touched was when the neighbors and their children came checking on her because some of them saw the unsightly scene of Mrs. Fujihara slapping her.

"You've done yourself a great favor, Himari. If you got married into that kind of a family, you'd only trouble yourself."

"Aye, child, you'd find another good guy. For now, focus on yourself."

"Sister Himari, do you want candies? I love eating candies whenever I am sad."

Their support was enough to make Himari stopped drowning in her sorrow. Ever since she lived here, her neighbors were all good to her especially because she came alone from the countryside.

"Thank you, all," Her heart was warmed by their consideration.

On the eighth day, Nanako finally came back from her work trip. The first thing she did was to drag Himari to her studio apartment.

"Are we having a sleepover?" Himari laughed when Nanako appeared in front of her door the first thing in the morning. It was obvious that she came here directly from the airport.

"I got a day off tomorrow. Let's go to my house and watch Sakura Academy Prize tonight!"

"Ah! It's tonight?"

Himari rarely went online. She didn't realize the national prestigious film award would be held tonight.

"Yes! I have to watch my Ishizaki Ryuu! Gosh! I hope he would be crowned as the film emperor again! It would be the best birthday present for him!"

Himari laughed again. She deeply understood how infatuated her best friend with the actor.

"Okay, okay," Himari could only agree, "Let me pack my things first."

Himari let Nanako treated herself as her friend went to get a bottle of water in the kitchen. She didn't pack much. She only needed a set of nightclothes and clothes for tomorrow.

En?

Himari paused when she saw something from a corner of her sling bag. It was the card that was left by that man of that night.

She had forgotten that she tossed the name card and note inside this bag without looking at it again. Himari thought back for a second and put it in between her diary.

6. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    A few hours later, in a part of the city.

Inside a high-rise condominium, Sakuya Residence.

A woman in a loose cotton dress was holding her phone while facing the floor-and-ceiling windows. The exquisite view of the waterfront did nothing to ease the frown on her face. She bit her lower lip as she waited for her call to be connected.

Ring... Ring...

"Yuina?"

The woman's brows relaxed, "Ryuu, are you in the studio?"

"Ah, yes," The man answered. Behind him, there were loud noises as if the scene was currently busy, "Sorry, my love, do you need something? I have to prepare for tonight's award."

Her eyes drifted to the cake on the dining table.

"Nothing. I just want to wish you good luck and happy birthday."

Even though her voice was light, the sadness in her eyes was hard to be concealed.

"Hehe, thank you, my wife. Okay! I'll bring the trophy back to you, okay? Don't forget to think what else you would give me as a birthday present."

The man spoke in an ambiguous tone, earning a blush on the woman's cheeks.

"Ryuu..."

"Ah! Sorry, sorry. I have to go now. Yousuke has been nagging me. See you at home tonight."

"...Okay, be careful."

Yuina lowered the phone. Her eyes stared at the screen. It was barely less than five minutes yet he hung up again. As usual, they couldn't talk much.

She still had so many things to say to him.

Yuina rubbed her arms repeatedly. Her eyes landed on the birthday cake on the table.

It was a strawberry shortcake that she made herself for his birthday. It seemed like she had to keep it inside the fridge first and took it out later tonight.

Did he remember that he requested this cake from her?

Because of his busy schedule, it was hard for them to have a meal together. They also couldn't celebrate the special days together. It would always end up with her receiving luxurious gifts from him.

Yuina suppressed the bitter disappointment in her heart.

Did he forget?

That, aside from his birthday and the film award, today was their fourth wedding anniversary?

Yuina brought the cake back to the kitchen. She took an apple and bit on it. Her steps were slow as she was walking toward the living room. The TV was advertising the upcoming Sakura Academy Prize tonight.

The posters and lists of the films that managed to be nominated came one by one. All of them were in high competition among others. She had watched all of them especially the film entitled 'Dummy.'

Then, a man's face was smiling toward the lens. Without even displaying his name, people would know who he was. His smile was projected on the screen.

Yuina paused her step in front of the TV.

The smile was so familiar.

She had always seen the same smile. Either when she had just woken up in the morning or while she was having video calls with him. She had even heard him laughing freely in front of her.

The one who was smiling was actually her husband.

She wondered, would he imagine she watching his moment of glory tonight in their love nest?

Yuina shook her head. She finished the apple then she went to the study. The study was filled with her things instead of her husband's belongings. There was a stack of papers that was waiting to be marked by her.

Her eyes lingered on the childish handwriting on the mock test papers.

"My love, let's have a baby? Don't you think it's time for us to have one?"

Those were his words when he made a call from abroad the other day.

Time and again, he brought up the suggestion but she would always find an excuse to reject him. As always, he didn't force her but she understood, he really wanted to have a child.

Yuina closed his eyes.

She should learn to control her feelings well. From the moment she agreed to marry him, she should have expected these days to come.

Her husband was an excellent actor. Although he struggled during the early years of his debut, he managed to be crowned as the new film emperor during the award ceremony last year. He was still in his late 20s yet various people praised that he would bring the film industry to another level.

Even so...

She really hoped she could have him all for herself, even for just one day.

Meanwhile, in a studio apartment in the city, two young ladies were currently watching the TV. The glory of a red carpet event was displayed on the screen.

"Aragaki Mika is as beautiful as always," Nanako's eyes lit up at the appearance of her favorite actress, "I wonder if she could snatch the grand prize."

"Inoue Makino has a high chance to win as well," Himari put down a plate of croquettes on the table. Various types of finger foods were served on the coffee table opposite the TV, "Her performance in 'Dummy' surpasses her previous works."

"Of course it surpassed! She's acting with my Ryuu-Ryuu!"

Himari helplessly shook her head. Nanako's fan filter toward the film emperor was something she couldn't understand.

Nanako was her best friend from high school and also her first friend here. She was also the first one who knew about Jun confessing to her.

To allow Himari to receive the best education, her mother sent her to the city to attend one of the well-known public schools in the area. She hailed from the countryside. The first time she came here, she knew nothing of the way of the city folks.

Himari's good grades gave her a chance to receive an amount of scholarship. It helped to cover the cost of accommodation and her meal card. To avoid worrying her mother, Himari lived frugally.

After high school, Himari attended an educational college while Nanako entered a major of design in one of the universities in the city. Their ambitions differed yet they remained to stay as best friends up until now.

"Ah! He's here! He's here!"

"Ouch! Don't hit me!"

The camera was focusing on an approaching black limousin. After the car pulled up in front of the red carpet, the door was opened. A long and slim leg was stretched out from the inside of the limousine before a tall man emerged out of the car.

It was Ishizaki Ryuu.

Aside from his acting prowess, his looks alone could easily make a woman swoon. His fans ranged from the middle schoolers to the grandmothers of the neighborhoods. All of them chose him as the best actor if one was looking for a son-in-law.

Last year was the first time he was crowned as the new Film Emperor. It was the sixth year after his debut. Although his acting prowess was known to his fans from the early days of his career, he had a hard time building up his name because of the bad management of his company.

Only after he separated from his old company did Ishizaki Ryuu strive forward.

Ishizaki Ryuu waved at the media before turning around to extend a hand toward the car. A graceful-looking hand accepted the film emperor's wide palm.

A woman came out. An exquisite gown perfectly befitted her slender body. The woman stood side by side with Ishizaki Ryuu. Both of them greeted the media.

"Ah! She's so beautiful! She looks too perfect with Filem Emperor Ishizaki!"

The actress was Inoue Makino, Ishizaki Ryuu's co-star for the film 'Dummy'.

Himari took a fries and munched on it. Nanako's attention was solely on the couple. She didn't want to miss the interview by the hosts before the couple entered the hall.

Soon, Ishizaki Ryuu and Inoue Makino arrived at the signboard. Both of them signed their signatures and stood next to the hosts.

"Mr. Ishizaki, coincidentally today is your birthday. Do you expect to bring back the trophy as your birthday present?" The female host began asking.

Ishizaki Ryuu drew a calm smile, "It'd be the best birthday gift for my fans if I managed to get it."

The hosts laughed together with him.

He didn't say it was a certainty. His words were far from being arrogant. Everyone in the industry knew the new film emperor was someone who was easy to get along with.

The male host directed his attention to the young actress beside the film emperor.

"Ms. Inoue, the critics praised you for your excellent performance in the movie. Did our Film Emperor Ishizaki help you in your acting?"

Inoue Makino flashed a bright smile, "Teacher Ishizaki is really good at acting. He helped to monitor our performance. It's easy to get into the role when we're acting with him."

While the hosts continued interviewing the stars, Himari glanced at Nanako.

"Say, your film emperor has never had a scandal, right?"

"En? Why do you ask that?" Nanako's eyes never shift from the TV.

"I just thought it's rare if we compared it to other actors," Himari shrugged her shoulders.

She didn't follow any specific actors or singers. Most of the news of the entertainment world came from Nanako. Even then, she briefly thought that never once did her best friend complained about her favorite actor drowning in scandals.

"It's not like he never has one, but, every time that kind of news comes up, it would be suppressed by his PR team. So far, we never know if he has a girlfriend or not."

Nanako wasn't one of the fanatic fans. If her favorite idols were dating, she would support them if their companions would make them happy.

Her excuse was easy.

It wasn't like she would be the one marrying them.

Himari hummed softly. She focused back on the TV. The award show would begin soon.

7. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    A few hours later, back to Sakuya Residence.

Yuina sat on the couch with both of her knees pulled up to her chest. She was dazedly watching the TV that was now showing the rerun of a morning drama.

She didn't stay up because she wanted to watch the drama. She was waiting for him to come home.

It was already close to two o'clock in the morning yet she was still alone in the condominium.

There was no one to accompany her. Her phone didn't receive any new messages or calls as well.

Usually, he would be busy with the after-party.

Although her husband had always been surrounded by beauties, Yuina had never doubted him. He had never given her time to rise up a suspicion.

The only thing that distanced them was his love for acting thus making it hard for them to stay together for long.

As she was thinking, the sound of the door being unlocked was heard. Yuina abruptly stood up. She ran toward the door.

"Ryuu!"

Her eyes lit up at the sight of her husband.

Ishizaki Ryuu, who was dressed immaculately during the award show, now showing a more lazy side as the tie around his collar was crooked and his hair was messed up. A smile curved up on his lips.

"Yuina, my love. Hehe, you're waiting for me?"

Before Yuina reached him, he ran forward and hugged her.

"Did you drink so much? I've prepared hangover soup for you," Yuina was distressed when she faintly smelled the scent of wine coming from her husband.

"Not much, not much," Ryuu rubbed his nose against the crook of her neck. His voice was full of smiles as he exclaimed, "Hehe, I won again, my wife!"

"Of course! That's my husband, of course, you'd wind," Yuina wrapped her arms around his tapered waist, "My husband did so well."

"It's thanks to you. You've been supporting me," Ryuu grinned foolishly, "Ah, Yousuke said a few directors have contacted him to work with me. I hope I could have a challenging script, or two."

"I bet you could," Yuina smiled.

Yuina supported her husband as they walked to the living room. She helped Ryuu to lie down on the couch. She wanted to go and get him a bowl of soup as well as a wet towel to wipe his face.

"Ah!"

She had just turned around before her hand was yanked from behind. Yuina fell on the couch. Ryuu smiled mischievously while towering over her.

"Ryuu, don't be like this," She nagged, "You'd get a headache tomorrow."

"Screw that," Ryuu laughed, "Well, my wife, your husband has achieved so much. Should we have a baby to complete our family? I want to have a daughter as cute as you, wife."

Unknown to Ryuu, discomfort flashed in his wife's eyes yet it went so fast, it was hard to catch up on it.

"Don't talk nonsense," Yuina faked a smile, "Alright. Let me get you your soup... !"

Before she could give him the hangover soup, she was the one who was eaten clean by him.

Even though she understood that he had always wanted to have a baby with her, she couldn't bring herself to accept it.

It wasn't like she didn't want to bear him a child.

But, in their current condition, could they have one?

Meanwhile, in the studio apartment, the two friends had yet to go to sleep. They stayed up all night talking.

"Jun contacted me, asking about you."

Nanako's words made Himari's body froze. She quietly stared at her friend.

"Err... He called me last night. He wanted to call you but, it seems like you've blacklisted his number?" Nanako shrank her neck. She felt so guilty when she was being looked at like that.

"En. I've blocked him," Himari nodded honestly. Then, she added, "Well, weren't you the one who supported me breaking up with him?"

Nanako laughed awkwardly, "Well, I said so because of his family but... I can't deny that Jun was a good boyfriend to you. Aside from the matter involving his family, he didn't wrong you."

"En, yes," Himari nodded again.

If Jun was a boyfriend who tended to abuse her or cheated on her, it would be easier for her to let go of her feelings toward him, but, the reality he was not.

If there was no one hindering their relationship, she wouldn't choose to end their relationship.

"I don't have the confidence to continue loving him," Himari lowered her head. She blankly staring at the empty plates on the coffee table, "Instead of dragging him down with me, it's better if I let him go, so, he would be able to go wherever he wants."

Nanako pursed her lips. She understood how this problem had brought her best friend's self-confidence down.

"Himari, I want to ask."

Himari raised up her eyes, looking back at Nanako.

Nanako cautiously asked her, "What if, in the future, you meet this kind of situation again? Would you love that man or choose to withdraw because of these obstacles?"

There was no love that was easy. Every one of them had their own share of hardships before they met their fairytale ending.

Himari didn't answer quickly. She took her time to think. In the end, she shrugged.

"I want to see how much I'd grow as a person," She smiled faintly, "Only then, could I say either I'd stay for him or not."

If she couldn't love herself and be confident with her own background and growth, she found it hard to do the same to others. She didn't want to pretend to be someone else she was not.

In her case with Jun, if his family just treated her with indifference, she might still be with him but, they openly showed their hatred to her.

As the only son of the family, she refused for Jun to oppose his parents just to be in a relationship with her.

Jun couldn't give up on his parents.

Likewise, she couldn't give up on the only mother she had.

"Alright! Just forget about him! As your friend, I know you'd meet someone better than him! Let him go abroad and bring back a blonde and blue-eyed girl. I bet his mother would fume with anger. Doesn't she dislike foreigners so much?"

Himari laughed out loud. Tears seeped out from the corner of her eyes.

She didn't know if it came because of her sadness or not.

After a night of a sleepover, Himari returned to her apartment. On her way there, she met a group of young children crowding over something. They spoke in hushed tones.

"Hey, what happens?" She stopped to greet them.

"Sister Himari!"

Five turnip heads looked up. All of them looked excited to see her.

"What are you guys doing?" Himari came closer.

"Sister, the thing is..."

From where she stood, Himari saw a paper box at the center of the children. Her brows raised up as she realized there was something, a living thing, inside the box.

"Meow~"

An orange tabby kitty meowed from the box. Its green eyes were so clear. They were looking directly at her.

"Someone threw this baby kitty out," A girl with twin ponytails complained, "Look. Its fur has been dirtied."

"I wonder if it has something to eat," A boy wearing a cap extended a finger and played with the feline's chin, "Could I take my brother's milk and feed it?"

Himari crouched down in front of the box. The cat shifted its gaze to her.

"...Let me take care of it."

Her words were met with applause by the children.

"Really, Sister Himari?"

"You would take care of it?"

"Ah! This kitty is so lucky to have Sister Himari as its owner!"

"Meow~"

Himari realized it was already too late by the time she noticed the meaning of what she had said.

Did she want to take care of it?

She?

Himari sighed softly. She reached out a hand. Before her fingers could touch the kitten, the orange tabby had already stretched out its neck and nuzzled its cute nose with her palm.

"Hehe," Himari chuckled, "I guess I'd be your new family."

"Meow~" The kitten meowed again as if agreeing with her.

In the end, Himari brought the box with the kitten back to the apartment. She was lucky because the landlady allowed the tenants to keep pets as long as they took care of them properly. The old landlady herself had cats and dogs in her house.

Himari spent the day browsing the internet to know what should she take care of regarding keeping a kitten home. After hours passed, she brought the kitten with her to the nearby pet shop.

The salesman of the pet shop was a great help. He not only recommend what she should buy for a first-time cat parent, but he also gave his personal advice.

Not long after, near her bed, in her little apartment, the orange tabby kitty got its own bed.

"Did you appear to accompany me?"

Himari put a finger under its chin. The kitty purred and played with her finger. He jumped and slumped its back on the cushion, revealing its white and soft belly.

"Hehe," Himari chuckled softly, "I guess I won't feel too lonely."

The kitty yawned, showing its fangs and barbed tongue. Himari was amused by its reaction. She lied down on the floor next to its cushion.

A smile grew on her lips as she watched her new companion.

"Chobi, that's your name."

The kitty looked straight at her. It let out a long meow.

8. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my first time writing a story about love before marriage, my previous two books are based on romance after marriage so, I just hope it doesn't seem so awkward :blobjoy:

9. 7174PK

7174PK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations!

hansora likes this.
  10. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: I'm so excited to start a new book:blob_blush:

11. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can click the #number in the post, so you got the post link then you can copy and attach it to the table of contents. This is tony's post at forum rules thread with image on it (I can't share image, I don't know how):
    Post 1
    Btw I want to help you with your table of contents (I'm sorry that I didn't ask for your permission first)

Table of Contents: