Spoiler I Couldn’t Ask / 求不得

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Apr 6, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-couldnt-ask/

Description:
    The man I saved destroyed my country with his own hands.

I still remembered the day when I was given the title “Consort Yu” and my husband was kneeling outside of the palace for the night.

It happened to be New Year’s Eve that day, and there was a heavy snowfall.

Xu Tangan told me that he would treat me better than anyone else.

I could seek his power and status, but I must not seek his love.

—————

FL dies.
    I’m too scared to read this bc my heart is too weak for tragedies (but I probably will tho when it’s fully translated since it’s a short novel lol). So for now, does anyone have spoilers for the story pls?

syofiaa and jkumi7 like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

jkumi7 likes this.
  3. lnlymaess

lnlymaess Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to say that the angst was not as heavy as i thought (at least for a hard-hearted me qwq).
    Hoping it has more chapters ‘coz i can’t or maybe i am too stupid to comprehend this story, but i really like the way it was written (can’t expound on that sorry :c)

So i really thought that line in the desc “I could seek his power and status, but I must not seek his love” was said by the emperor to his beloved consort yu but I was wrong. The current emperor, Xu Tangan, was very much obsessed(?) and in loved with her to the point where he conquered her(even when she’s already married) and the land where her father emperor is reigning. He (XT) always say that he can give her whatever she wants(not all) as long as she stay by his side forever.

So he was actually a prince from the neighbouring kingdom who was injured when he was young and the FL (Consort Yu aka Qiufu) saves him despite knowing his identity. So it’s the beauty that saves the hero(villain)? FL’s husband was also a Xu(different pinyin), Xu Zunyu. They(FL, 2 Xu) grew up together but XT i think has been forced to leave (not sure qwq). XT and FL has past affections (based on FL pov) but it faded when she married her husband XZ. But then, XT told her to wait, but what has it become qwq

The FL has been asking XT to meet her parents, when atlast XT agreed for her to meet them(because the father was said to be seriously ill), like seriously he kept the previous ruler in his land for years! So she was able to meet them and had a reunion and a feast I guess, but then it was actually to die together but also to kill her the sinner(from her pov). XT rushed to her side but it’s too late, she already drank that poison! He was so bent on protecting her from any harm despite inflicting her the biggest pain, but she died in his arms anyways.

Also XT? The extras i MTL-ed, it was on his child’s perspective. XT was so sad ‘coz of FL’s death he isolated his self on his room for months. He also made fl the empress and gave her title on her burial despite the empress still alive but seriously ill lol. XT died of illness, but he didn’t fail to punish the Sun Family before he died. Also, he refused to be buried beside her. Why? He doesn’t want to disturb her peace.

There’s also an extra in XZ(the husband) perspective, it was also sad but he can only be hopeless.

I deeply apologize for the messy review, don’t hate on me pls QAQ

I recommend for you to read it! It was so short that you’ll find yourself asking , that’s all? I waited for the pain to come but I find myself already numb to it _(゚∀゚ 」 ∠)_

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... thats sad...

5. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished it, I'm crying (but it's also because I'm quite sensitive). Honestly, I know I'm weak to tragedies yet I'm always tempted.

The ending, I consider, is fair because let's be honest, the FL would have been miserable and unhappy.