Spoiler Pale Horse

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by eni-mon, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It might mean that Pale Horse has ended on TappyToon. There are total 283 chapters + epilogue.

fourthhorse4 likes this.
  2. fourthhorse4

fourthhorse4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I checked. On Tappytoon we have reached chapter 238, then it will be removed instead of completing it by the end of the month. No further information is given. I sent a message on Twitter to the author but unfortunately I don't know Korean so I wrote it in English, I hope she at least will understand it :( I'm heartbroken that I won't be able to read the end of the comic, so far it's only on daumwebtoon and international fans cannot access it without a Korean phone number, so I don't know what to do :cry:

3. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god! I was engrossed in this story. I was waiting for the next chapters! It's really terrible. I can't even see them at Daum website cause it's locked. I was so looking forward for the next chapters (╯︵╰,) why are they doing this!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2022
    fourthhorse4 likes this.
  4. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, it's so frustrating! I will try to formulate a proper message for the author on Twitter in Korean, so maybe she'll explain why this happened and whether we international fans will be able to read the manwha to its completion, so let's not give up hope just yet :).

In the meantime, I wanted to ask whether anybody noticed certain changes occurring in the last season of the Pale Horse? It seems to me that in order to put Rose and Pierre together the author is whitewashing her. Basically, it's being revealed that her every act of evil stemmed from Lemon. She seems to be portrayed as a completely innocent victim of a ruthless psychopath. She appeared much more complex in the first two seasons, dark yet human. Now it's like she reverted back to a generic shoujo heroine. I don't recognize her anymore.

Speaking of Lemon, I'm a fan of his relationship with Rose, and I'm getting progressively pissed off. The author flattened his personality. So now he never loved Rose and he is a completely cold and evil Yandere, a walking cliche. Before he was so human with her, so tender, his affection was all-consuming. That a genuine love between the two of them could cause mayhem to others was such an interesting take on dark romances - but now it feels like only Rose and Pierre must be the "true soulmates" of the story, and Lemon its villain.

I wonder if anybody else noticed this or it's only my perception?

5. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I too have mixed feelings about the ending. Even though it was Lemon's fault for making her the way she is, but, she did have done many things wrong. Not Lemon is to be blamed for everything. Her greed and envy had destroyed many families.

The ending I wanted -
    When Lemon decided to make Rose like him own, something should have had happened like, she ascended to the cosmos (heavens or what they referred it as in webtoon) or accidentally went through the time back to when her castle was attacked while she was still a mortal and was running. Her immortality develops back into mortality when she passed through the time loops or let's just say, her soul went back in time leaving her mortal body somewhere in the time loops. So, at that time, when she was being chased, Rose thanks the cosmos for the second chance she had gained. And then and there after some heavy monologue she kills herself. Although, she stops but then plunges the (object?) in her stomach and dies or just jumps off a cliff, in any case, she dies before hesitating a little but then decides not be (greedy?) or just decides to 'escape' the fate she had accidentally chosen. In any case, her death ends the vicious cycle of immortality. She dies, so the current timeline (of what we were reading about) cease to exist. The paradox of 'future lemon' fulfilling 'past rose's' wish doesn't happen as the immortality never dawned upon her cause she died before even asking. So the 'immortal rose' never gets to meet Lemon, and Lemon never ascends to the cosmos after finding the truth - what she asked him of, this causes the effect on the immortal body of rose being ceased to exist which was stuck in the time loop. Everything falls into its rightful place. There will be no more a future in which 'the witch' will be present.

Then we see, how the time progresses and different stories are shown - Lemon and his brother's life, Princess Adelaide's life, The Hunter's life, life of Lea Dupré her husband and their daughter Rose, also Pierre and his brother Theodore, Mary and all the other characters being shown one by one.

A peaceful serene life. Whereas a grave would've also being shown to the viewers covered in white and red roses and surrounded by green grass. Serenity.

Although, there's no 'rose' or by whatever name they had known her, has a presence in their life anymore but still their soul seems to miss someone 'important' and 'otherworldy', someone just like a nightmare, a beautiful nightmare. The Pale Horse Ends.

I swear this was the ending I was hoping for and had my bets on but nvm.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
  6. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I forgot to reply!

@cookie_monster007 Your ending sounds amazing, especially because it gives a true bittersweet feel to the series! Rose being finally at peace, her cycle of death and rebirth broken, yet the Pale Horse is haunting them all. That does encapsulate what her presence has done to the world and the people in it. It's something that should not be thematically forgotten. It's also not an ending in which a "couple" gets validated over the other, and Rose has to pay for her sins, without forgetting her humanity.

Now, it seems the direction the manwha is taking is that of Shoujo, where only love, especially a romantic relationship, can fulfil the life of a woman who has murdered thousands and that has been searching for the meaning of life for centuries. Her goal and her murderous nature have taken a backstep to be "a girl in love". That's why I simply don't like her with Pierre - it cheapens both their characters. I even found a couple of unused pages on Twitter that depicted her past. There is shown CLEARLY that she was a perpetrator in the misery she caused, not a total victim of Lemon.

I don't know Korean so I can't translate them, but they are here: https://twitter.com/osori890/status/930033103938056193/photo/1

I understand that to appeal to a wider audience her personality has gotten progressively "softer". Still, it feels like a retcon. Imagine creating Dracula and then in the last third of the story turning him into a helpless gentleman in distress, corrupted by his evil girlfriend Mina!

I still love this story and I'll buy all the Korean volumes to at least look at the pages, however. I'm also going to write to the author in Korean to maybe get a clarification on whether we international fans can still follow The Pale Horse. I'll let you people know here when (If, but still) I get an answer!

7. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure and thank you. We will wait for your reply whenever you get an answer from the author.

fourthhorse4 likes this.
  8. FeliceSasha23

FeliceSasha23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already posted chaps 240 (where the tappy left off) until the epilogue + author's note in b**o

9. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Days ago I was reading the manhwa and I remembered this movie. I think the author was inspired to create her manhwa, the ending is the same, as I couldn't remember before and Chloe moretz is famous in Korea. The movie is horror and very good
    [​IMG]

10. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Now you've mentioned it, the ending is quite similar in the sense that both the male protagonist chose to dedicate themselves to the female protagonist even after knowing their true nature.

fourthhorse4 likes this.
  11. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what you will tell me?, I suspect that Guiness is based on Fumito from Blood-c.
    [​IMG]
    Fake Personality
    At the start of the series Fumito appears to be a very caring and kind person. He cared deeply for Saya Kisaragi and always tried to cheer her up when sad.

Real Personality
    By the final episode, he is shown to be a sadistic and remorseless person which is demonstrated when he allows his defectors to suffer violent deaths. He also reveals his obsession for Saya and her abilities while still maintaining a teasing and cordial demeanor towards her.

12. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everybody! Whether or not there are still active fans of the Pale Horse, I have a happy announcement to make: I and a friend of mine are translating various chapters of it and will post the translations on this forum!

It's not a completely chronological translation however :rolleyes:, we are fans of Lemon and Rose so some chapters dedicated to other characters aren't being done right now. Still, I'll post at least a detailed summary of each chapter (my Korean is weak though). I'll review them too because this has become my favorite webtoon and I need to rant about it, especially since the last arc IMO was terrible.

For now, I'll start with this. Here are the translations of the deleted scene posted on the author's Twitter (https://twitter.com/osori890/status/930033103938056193/photo/1). It's Part of Rose's past, when she was called Margot, so it's happening soon before meeting Leah Duprè. Enjoy!

Margot: M, A man: A Jeremy: J

(tip-tap) ( giggle giggle) ( laughing)
    A: You're not from here, are you? What's your name?
    M: Margot. And I'm not an outsider anymore. I bought this castle.
    A: This castle? You're a very wealthy woman. Well...who was that man? ( giggle giggle) His eyes were oddly bright, making me feel uncomfortable.
    M: That guy? Hahaha! You don't have to worry about him. Will you just worry about me in front of you?

M: Jeremy… The room is messy again. And my clothes! Oh, did you tell me not to call you by that name?
    J: ….Yes.
    M:...Ha, yes? I'll call you whatever I want. Don't you think you've been a little cheeky lately? If you don't obey me, I'll eat you, too. Do you get it?

13. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are u serious? lmao

_vouzmevoyez_ and fourthhorse4 like this.
  14. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that's what happens. I'm planning to start posting the translations of the new Korean chapters from tomorrow. So stick around if you want to see some truly cringe arc endings.

Faye_DaisY43 likes this.
  15. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everybody, this is the recap/translation/review of the RAW chapters of the Pale Horse. It took me a while but it is finally here. Click below to read the full translation of the chapter 240! It’s not typesetted, but I guess for now this will have to do (I haven’t got the time to typeset them for now!).

(btw in Korean Pierre is called Peter)

Chapter 240 Eyes open

https://bato.to/chapter/1659251

R: Why?
    That was the moment.
    The moment
    At that moment,
    I realized everything
    very clearly.
    -Guinness's <curse> on Peter's body,
    in other words,
    <the power> of Guinness.
    If Peter drank my blood and the curse was lifted,
    power would have disappeared,
    but that power still exists inside Peter!
    Like Jeremy's diary….
    and Guinness's bag,
    Peter's body holds the power of Guinness.
    When he fell and got hurt
    he recovered quickly
    and even after I drank his blood
    he recovered quickly
    because <the power> protected Peter…
    the host!
    How could Peter escape the trap….when he fell into Jeremy's diary?
    Only the person who cast the spell can escape the spell.
    Only Guinness himself can escape!
    And the diary thought
    Peter was Guinness because Peter has Guinness power.
    That's why he was able to get out of it.
    And I was fine
    when I drank a little of Peter's blood.
    Rather, the blood calmed me down and kept my crazy needs from exploding….
    That was…
    my rejection of the blood!
    Thank you.
    <Don't drink more>
    <It's dangerous if I drink more>
    That's what it meant….!
    keck...
    Wait, then...
    Guinness's blood is not good for me.
    I drank Peter's blood
    and my body didn't explode
    because Guinness' power was diluted,
    No, it can’t be…
    but the problem was that it contains Guinness power.
    So no matter how much I drank Peter's blood….
    that means I didn’t drink blood at all.
    So
    I'm about to go on a <rage>?
    No….
    No….
    (Plop)...
    What if…
    What if our relationship was...
    What if it was just my third need?
    The third desire
    ….Was that it after all?
    If it's not love...
    What if it's not love…!
    Guiness knew all this!
    And he was high up in the sky,
    laughed at us
    and waited for the day to retrieve his power from Peter.
    ….What if
    Guinness regains the power from Peter...?
    <The power> inside of him seemed quite strong.
    Does that mean
    I'll never run away from him?!
    I...don't want that.
    (step back)
    What can I do (haa haa)
    to stop it?
    (haa haa haa haa haa)
    (grab…)
    (haa haa haa haa haa)
    P: Hurk…
    hurrkkhh…
    R: ….
    Aahh..!
    (gasp)
    R:..
    But….
    how could I…. ( drip drip)do that to you?
    Even if it's just my third desire,
    (gasp)
    when I see you, I still feel so sad.
    Even if Guinness owns me again,
    (Ahhh…)
    how could I do this
    to you…
    !!!
    (swish)
    (haa haa haa…)

Aaand here is my salty commentary. So, season three is not for everyone. Mostly because it invalidates the characters' part two journeys. It focuses too much on ship drama while the personalities of the protagonists get progressively flatter.

Rose in part two wanted death, the freedom from the oppression of her curse. She affirmed her strength and inherent worth over Lemon, proving that she only needed to believe in herself instead of relying on a man to survive and have power. She got her drive and dignity back. She wasn’t owned by anyone, be it Lemon or even Marie. She became as Adel said a formidable adversary, and pretty much cleverly outplayed every single one of the characters.

With her death, her wish to be seen as a human was fulfilled. She didn’t achieve redemption, as her crimes are too horrible to pay for them with her death. But we, like Pierre, finally saw her wholly and accepted her for whom she was. Not the whore, the pale horse or the monstrous witch, but a terribly flawed suffering person. She died not happily, but content in her hope of giving Pierre back to the world of the living, of ending the nightmare that was killing him. She stopped being the reason for his suffering and the corruption of his gentle soul. Not her redemption, but his salvation, that was what she was after. And with Pierre returning fully to the world of the humans, he in turn saved the memory of Rose Duprè, the human girl, from disappearing completely.

Then the last arc happened and lol. After Pierre and Rose get together, they regress, and the rest of the Webtoon is mostly ship wars galore. I’ll write why exactly I think this arc ruined almost everybody in the next chapters, where the true shenanigans will unfold.

Till next time!

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  16. stolenwings

stolenwings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right? I was hoping this webtoon would end like you said, by that she at least would get what she really wants. I can't really feel for Rose. Yes, she is a desperated victim but merely a victim of her own messes. To me she doesn't deserve that "happy ending".

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  17. fourthhorse4

Reading List:
    Link
    So glad that I'm not the only one thinking this. Rose in the end gets rewarded with everything despite the mayhem she has caused, while the others suffer or their whole personalities get wrecked (like Pierre in the end) just to make them comply with her desires.

If you are interested in the Webtoon I'm posting the translations of the remaining Korean chapters here :)

18. stolenwings

stolenwings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that’s amazing. I’m totally in. Thank you so much.

fourthhorse4 likes this.
  19. gucchi

gucchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got hooked up easily by the pacing and mystery. But then the more I read the more I get confused lmao. My frustration piled up every chapter so I look for some spoilers here to clear some things up but I end up more confused :blobpopcorn: -> :blobpopcorn_cool: -> :blobpopcorn_two:Typically, I would know right away the twist and turns after a free crumbs of spoilers but this one is on different high. Refreshing story compared to repetitive plots of most manhwas today. Truly this manwha is a rare psychological gem.