Spoiler Mom, I'm Sorry/Mamma Mia

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ecstasy, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ongoing on webtoon app.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Shalalalala

Shalalalala [One of Red Siblings][⚓]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    THE STORY IS SOO GOOD
    but i don't think it has any novel
    so if anyone know spoilers please share

Ecstasy likes this.
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    932E204F-A9A7-42DD-8B92-47FAC21307EB.jpeg
    1687E339-4308-461F-B636-61FD5D3BAD6C.jpeg

Mom, I'm Sorry / 맘마미안
    Official English Translation: https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/mom-im-sorry/list?title_no=2049

Manhwa Raws: https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=729326
    Description:
    “Mom, I’m sorry. Please don’t die.” When Henry realizes death is at his mother’s doorstep, he strikes a deal with a lifespan dealer to give years of his own life to his ailing mother. Now, his mother is a 20-year-old college student with a full life ahead of her, and Henry devotes his remaining days to helping her live life to the fullest. But things turn complicated when his friend falls in love with her!
    Gong Hyochan's world was turned upside down when he finally learned about his mother's terminal diagnosis. After all, they had no one else but each other in this whole world. He had always taken his mother's love for granted, but it was now too late to make amends. Or was it? A mysterious man approached him on his mother's bedside, offering to give his mother a new life at the cost of his own lifespan. The desperate Hyochan made the deal and 50 year-old Yeon Geum-ok was given a second chance in life. The catch? She was now younger than her own son!

syofiaa, Ecstasy and kawaii12345 like this.
  5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    so I used to read this a long time ago when it was being unofficially translated (I read around 37 chapters or so, the unofficial translation is stopped after Webtoon Licensed this manhwa).
    it’s a very funny manhwa and I really like the story. so I will give some spoilers from what I remember.
    also on the unofficial translation Henry’s name was Gong Hyochan but they changed it to Henry on the official.
    Henry Yeon was a ungrateful child who didn’t cherish his mother and acted like a brat all the time despite they’re financial situation not being really good and he didn’t have a father. Henry’s father was a alcoholic who beat them and abused them so the Mom took Henry and ran away when he was a kid (he remembers it) and was raising Henry all by herself since then. so one time his mother is taken to a hospital and the doctors will tell him she won’t live long. at first he’s shocked and surprised because she was perfectly fine before. but it turns out she was sick and in pain for a long time but acted fine so she can take care of him. Henry is very sad and regrets not noticing she is going through stuff and not treating her mother better. and he never did anything for her mom. so when he is sobbing and standing in hospital next to her unconscious mother he start crying and apologizing and begging her not to die, and suddenly a man appears and introduces himself as a lifespan dealer that deals with lifespan (a very rude way to show up). so he can’t touch the lifespan dealer or whoever that uncle was. so he will say that if Henry gives 44 years of his lifespan he will save his Mom. so he will take it. also it’s a heavenly sin to tell a human they’re lifespan. Henry was 22 years old (her mother was 50) so he will give 44 years of his lifespan and sign a deal with the lifespan dealer uncle. so if a person makes a deal with the lifespan dealer, usually they’re appearance will change or age if they’re cause of death is from illness or a natural cause, but because Henry’s appearance didn’t change it means he will die from the accident, that’s what the lifespan dealer uncle blurts out and just disappears. and then the Mom wakes up, looks at the bathroom mirror and is confused that she looks like she’s in her twenties. so Henry wants to hide her because other people will find it suspicious so he will act pitifully to the doctor and say that he wants to be with her Mom in home on her last moments so he can discharge her. after that Henry is very over protective of her mother and treats her the best. he wants her mother to live like a teenager and live the rest of her life happily (because when she was a teenager she couldn’t enjoy her life and had to take care of him). so her mother asks if Henry knows what happened to her and why is she younger and Henry doesn't want her to know that he gave his lifespan to her so he says that a lifespan dealer appeared and he signed a contract with him that if the mother doesn’t achieve her dream from when she was young something bad will happen to Henry. her mother’s wish when she was young was to go to college she was good at studying and always has the best scores in school but couldn’t go to college because nobody supported her and she raised Henry. so Henry will promise her to support her and that he will get a job and pay her tuitions for going to college. The mothers name was Olivia Yeon btw (I checked again to make sure). later there’s a guy calling olivia who sits behind her and took her number. at first Henry is angry but then he convinces himself that if he dies her mother would be lonely so she should find a good guy and remarry. she goes to college to see who is the guy who took her number and acts friendly with him but then it turns out the guy wanted to play with her because she was hot and Henry is so angry he threatens him and after that the poor guy drops out.
    so this is very sad, because Olivia thinks Henry is being nice to her and supporting her because he doesn’t want something bad to happen to himself.
    so after that Henry is really scared of accidents and accidental deaths. he is worried that if he dies her mother will be alone and she doesn’t have anyone else so he will get many life insurances. there was a funny scene where he was getting life insurance in case a accident happened and they thought he means suicide by accident ( he got the life insurances in the end tho). so when Olivia was young her mother was the kind who doted on they’re son and thought daughters were useless. so she didn’t approve of Olivia going to college even though Olivia was the one paying tuitions, studying and doing everything and said her brother should go instead. so the brothers grades weren’t good and his business wasn’t doing good but Olivia’s mother didn’t care and only cared about the son. so Olivia will cut ties with her family and go to work after graduating to make money and go to college but right when she has enough money to go to college (she was around 24 here) she will get a call that her mother is sick and she will pay the hospital bills with the money she saved for college. and after that she took care of Henry so she couldn’t go to college. it’s a very lonely life and Henry was a bad son, she was also sick so it’s really sad. so now the mother will decide to go to college again. Henry will work part times job and she will start studying again for some months. there was a funny misunderstanding in one of Henry’s part time jobs that he has a child that was a mistake but he is working to take care of it, so they will raise his salary and he won’t bother correcting the misunderstanding because of the salary. so I’m not sure who the male lead is but there’s many love interests (even for Henry).Olivia decides to go to the same college as Henry (henry was taking a break from school ATM) and she wants to get scholarship. on the first day of college entrance exams Olivia is lost and goes to ask for directions but gets a signature on her phone instead and she’s angry because it won’t come off and the phone case was 10 dollars, so the guy giving her a signature was one of the male leads, a celebrity golf player that was going to the school to promote the college. Olivia will find her way and see a girl being ungrateful to her mother so she will butt in and sooth the mother and then she will become friends with the girl her name Sally. later sally’s mother somehow finds out Olivia is in top of the class and makes Sally go and hang out with her maybe she will become smart to. Sally will buy Olivia coffees as bribery. is so later in class the golf player is giving a speech and Olivia finds out he is famous and he’s name is Jeremy, and she feels guilty for acting like that when he misunderstood and give her a signature. the next day Jeremy is moving in Olivia and Henry’s apartment because his fans found out about his home last time and there was chaos so this time he is moving here and being careful so the fans won’t find him and his father will make him stay quite for a while. so it’s night and his going to check out his new apartment when someone comes and he hides to avoid the neighbors but it’s actually olivia that was dumping the trash and she find him and thinks he is a stalker (he had a mask and cap to hide his face) so Henry comes and beats him, Jeremy’s aide comes and explains things. they are sorry and guilty. Jeremy will give them cash to hide the fact that he lives there and Olivia is like ‘there’s no need’ but Henry’s like ‘sure sure OFC give that to me’ and ends up taking the money and they will become neighbors, he will explain that Olivia is his cousin. the other male lead is Henry’s friend in college. Henry introduces Olivia as her cousin and ask his friend who is on the same college to take care of her. his name is Kisung. Kisung was friends with Henry since they were young so he saw Henry’s mom before when he came home to hang out with Henry. there was a time they came home drunk together and he pooped, Olivia cleaned it. he also liked Olivia’s hangover soup. so fortunately he didn’t recognize he when he saw her but still felt that they are familiar. in the college entrance exam a senior was making trouble so Olivia challenged him to a drinking game and she won. Olvia is a heavy drinker and is very scary when she’s drunk. she ends up spilling that Kisung pooped when he was drunk and Kisung thought Henry was the one who told him about that shameful secret. so later drunk Olivia will go to Jeremy’s apartment by mistake and Jeremy is bringing her to her own house and Henry sees them and he’s like ‘imma beat this guy up’ but then the misunderstanding gets cleared and the next day they invite Jeremy to breakfast for apology gift
    I kinda like Jeremy x Olivia... they’re cute... Kisung is also cute...
    later Henry’s ex-girlfriend, Sarah shows up she heard from Kisung that Henry was back and came to visit her she gave him a *Slap*. Henry was a freshman in the same college as Olivia. and he took military serve early and went there. so while he was in military Sarah waited for him and didn’t even cheat on him. but when he came back he found out his Mom is sick and he didn’t contant Sarah because he was taking care of Olivia. later he broke up with Sarah to take care of his Mom. so now she wants an explanation and Henry doesn’t want to twll her that he went through stuff so he just tells her they’re over. he also doesn’t want to date her anymore because he’s going to die soon. so Olivia comes and sees Sarah beating Henry up and asks her what she’s doing and Sarah misunderstands that Henry was seeing other girls and that’s why he broke up with her and she’s angry. so later Olivia is angry too and scolds him for not treating his girlfriend better. Sarah goes and talks with Kisung and they both start suspecting if Olivia is really his cousin. Kisung gets suspicious so he will go stalk Henry for a day wondering what happened to him and he will see how Henry is scared of accidents, and that he is working. later he will hear from Henry’s co-worker that he is working because of a baby(OFC that’s a misunderstanding) and he’s like :eek:. so later when Henry gets out of work he will approach her and ask why he didn’t tell her and that he will support her and Henry explains that it’s not what his thinking but Kisung doesn’t believe him. later Henry is worried that Sarah will pick on Olivia and bully her so he will wear a motorbike helmet and go spy on Olivia. Olivia and Sally see him and some with some other students chase after him calling him a stalker. olivia will find out he is henry, hides him and goes to get him clothes (because some students took pictures of him they’ll find him with his clothes) bumps into Jeremy that is running away. they both go to supermarket. Jeremy will try many samples and Olivia will get clothes for henry. Jeremy cries and begs olivia to get him a doll from a vending machine and she will do it. he’s so happy he will hug her (so cute!). so it will show that a reporter took pictures of them, but her boss won’t believe her because there’s no way someone like Jeremy does such a things.
    There is this time Jeremy comes over to henry’s house and play games on his computer. then they’ll start drinking and Jeremy will cry about how he misses his mom that died in a car accident and they both cry together, olivia gets home and is shocked. at the same time Jeremy’s dad came to check what he is doing and will see Jeremy is not home and that his crying voice is coming from the next apartment. so he will just get in the house and start fighting with Jeremy.he will say that he’ll make Jeremy move out again. Olivia butts in and tells him that’s not how a parent should be and he shouldn’t control jeremy like that. so I don’t know the reason but he seemed moved by her words so he just let Jeremy be and left. days later Olivia sees beautiful cherry trees in school and sends pictures of them to henry, henry says he wants to see her with the cherry trees but olivia doesn’t know how to take selfies, she will see Kisung and ask him to take her pictures, Kisung thinks he is beautiful then curses himself for thinking that about his friends wife (a misunderstanding) also Sarah sees them and thinks she seduces not only henry, but also kisung and she’s pissed, Sarah was also in school rep or something (I’m not sure) but she sees Olivia’s ID and she’s surprised at her age but everyone says it’s just a typo so she thinks it was just a mistake in typing. So olivia will see the insurances that henry hid and when henry is sober she asks him about it and he’s sad and they’re both sad and olivia tells him that if he dies she dies too and that she doesn’t have a reason to live without him.
    kyaaaaa so cute \(///^///)/
    FEB5A1D1-DDBE-4C1A-85D1-6A06F2005AE0.jpeg
    0F0ACC37-4A89-45EA-A4BE-FB1607ADD3CA.jpeg
    3A0E895B-CCAD-4A02-93D6-E8A444E8941A.jpeg
    this too are cute as well
    5E1A1904-9B4A-4681-B250-C6B7739D5446.jpeg
    2E42BBB5-1252-43D4-B428-A9121447786B.jpeg
    123D2140-D14C-4612-9AC9-65845E7769CB.jpeg
    ACE7C511-22FD-4286-875E-8AF19B6D4730.jpeg
    this is all from ch1 to ch14 or 15 I think.
    so I’ll spoil later and my memory is a bit blurry because I read this a long time ago. so I’m planning of re-reading this again.

6. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who hates Jeremy? I mean he's ok and all but I really don't like the guy

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    syofiaa likes this.
  7. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone give more spoilers:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

8. StrawberryShin

StrawberryShin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers about the ending?

9. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read from a comment section that the ending was that the MC's son became a child? Can someone confirm this? And also, it seems like they just released a sequel of some sort kinda like an alternate universe if the events from "Mom I'm Sorry" didn't happen. It's entitled as "Sarah, I'm Sorry: Welcome to Our Galaxy".

81B3C766-70A3-49F0-A110-C82726C6B27B.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    syofiaa likes this.
  10. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember when I briefly scrolled through the last chapter (in the raws) is that Henry didn't die. He just reverted back to being a little kid again, younger in age to his adopted brother. So yes, it's true. I didn't read any dialogue btw, just looked through the images so I can't explain why or how. But it was for sure a happy ending.

syofiaa, EPITHE11 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  11. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the MC got together with the guy who liked her?

syofiaa likes this.
  12. trashconsumer

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember for sure, but I don't think she did :blobsweat: Sorry, I was more interested in seeing how cute baby Henry was lol

syofiaa and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  13. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [SPOILER="yes, some plot are really good, other plot bad, practically the mother who grew up young ended up with the guy she loves and the child she adopted and the little boy henry, but i got a bittersweet feeling because poor henry wasn't really there,, i don't know, some say that henry is not dies, just reversed time]lll[/SPOILER
    ][/SPOILER]

syofiaa, trashconsumer and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  14. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda sad that the ending showed that it's not the Henry that we know of even though he became a kid again but at least he didn't die. I really liked the mother and son relationship in the webtoon anyways thanks to you and to @trashconsumer for the spoiler.

syofiaa likes this.
  15. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IT's really true?? henry didn't dead?? but how and why he return as a kid??

16. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why he returned as a kid tho probably on the succeeding chapters in Webtoon would reveal the reason why but yeah he returned as a kid.

17. trashconsumer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, you know what, you're right. I called it a happy ending but it's more of a bittersweet ending especially for Sarah. It's no wonder they made a spin-off for her ahh :hmm::blobsob:

18. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explaining the ending in more detail? If anyone can read korean that can summarize the last 2 chapters I have the raws. I can PM if need be. In the place the current translated chapters are at.
    MC's mom forgot about him. She had her memory wiped. What I want to know is if when MC dies she finally remembers him, or if its the daycare scene with young Henry when they hug which triggers her memories? Assuming they do. Also does she end up with the golf guy?

syofiaa likes this.
  19. trashconsumer

Reading List:
    Link
    I can read, however, my Korean is limited as I'm still learning; but I'd like to give translating a try :blobsmile:

20. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much. I will PM you.

edit. I can't PM. Here are the raws.

I just want a summary of chapter 100, 101, and 102. Thank you.

https://funbe.date/맘마미안

trashconsumer likes this.