LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll stick around and break into the 4th layer, or if he'll move on to the capital to visit his sister.
    Honestly, the array and the rumors of his existence are likely enough to protect the temple for the next several centuries. If his not-quite-a-disciple manages to become an arhat in that time, then they'll be in an even better situation.

Though, yeah, he really should leave copies of all the lost scriptures/techniques of the temple that he's gotten over the years, as well as any notes/insights that might help people understand and master them, but I doubt he will.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have told them the reason that they weren't allowed to cultivate in his room. If someone manages to reach the the arhat level before the array fails, then that knowledge (along with the array blueprints) would be extremely helpful.

I wonder if he'll move into the palace directly, or if he'll just stay with his family.

Also curious if he'll set up that array again, basically announcing the presence of a legend in the capital, as well as accelerating the cultivation of everyone in the city, friend and foe alike. Not to mention that it would also let the temple know exactly where he was.

That aside, I hope he remembers to acquire some new clothes. The monk robes will kinda standout, especially with such long hair ;)

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, its quite strange that she even remembers Su Qin at this point. Its been thirty years, and she was a toddler when he left if I recall correctly.

Am I the only one that was expecting him to thwart an assassination attempt when he arrived?

4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess if he was her favorite person and the memory was reinforced by them talking about it all the time.

No. But it's not too late. It's never too late.

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows if he is going to take care of the shaolin temple after he leaves?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering how fast his cultivation increased, shouldn't he still look exactly the same as when he entered the temple? And shouldn't it have been obvious to the people in the temple that he wasn't aging?

This chapter really makes me wonder why no scammer has shown up pretending to be him yet.

7. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just saw this novel on the trial read in web-novel, so is this going to be a problem? hopefully not

8. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, those 80ish chapters have been on there, and the series had stopped being translated, since before Foxaholic even started. Also, QI's version was bad, like not even edited mtl.

9. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i meant webnovel...com there is 20 chapters although the translation isn't as good, i am afraid they might make problems for the Foxaholic translators.

10. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
  11. CodeAlphaZero

CodeAlphaZero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mehh I think they don't care. Moreover, I'm pretty sure that Foxaholic doesn't pay the original author, I mean, the novel gets an official translation it would not be strange to this the Foxaholic trans be dropped

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "There is only one in a million people who have it, it's even rarer than a Grade 1 Great Grandmaster." Just how low is this continent's population?

"But Su Qin knows for a fact that the moon, even the sun, is just a star." ...The moon isn't a star...

I wonder how he's planning to cultivate/breakthrough if he's not willing to reveal his presence. Also curious if the author will remember that his cultivation speed should have slowed down dramatically due to the absence of the array.

13. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume he's referring to the fact that moonlight is just reflected sunlight, and the sun is a star; so moonlight, sunlight and starlight / the 'power of the moon' and the 'power of the stars' are all the same thing.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why would he list them both as distinct entities referred to as stars? And in the subsequent line, he proclaimed the only difference between them to be their distance from the planet.

15. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not. Unless it's a curse or flawed/demented method then human immortality tends to start when you're in your prime. He was 10 when he enters the temple so he probably aged normally and then stopped at 20. Took him 20 years to become an arhat so they'd have to notice him not appearing to age from ages 20-30. Not outside the realm of possibility.

16. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s changed translators again? I wonder if this’ll mean slower updates. The New TL seems to have a ton of projects but done extremely slowly.

17. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Again? We've gotten a chapter a day for 3 months. Did you post this on the wrong latest chapter discussion thread?

QI's really making a third attempt at translating this huh, and the translation is even worse than before. At least the other 2 attempts could use the fact that they were clearly machine translated as an excuse...

19. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it went from webnovel to foxaholic to a new TL today (https://www.novelupdates.com/group/i-do-hobby/).

Didn’t even know webnovel was starting it up again till now.

20. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chinese astrology, the stars AND the planets considered as 'stars' ( To be more precise, "Celestial Bodies" as stated in the many novels ) I think he meant 'star' from the aspect of Chinese astrology