Discussion How much are you willing to pay for your games?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by LivingCorpse, Apr 23, 2021.

?

How much are you willing to pay for games?

1. >100$

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. 90$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 80$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 70$

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. 60$

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. 50$

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. 40$

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  8. 30$

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 20$

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. 10$

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  11. Free to play is the best way to pay

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  12. No need to buy games if you are a pirate Yarrr!

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like games are very expensive these days. Or maybe I'm just old and can't keep up with inflation rate... a nickel can be used to buy a lot of things back then...

Anyway, back to the topic. I wonder how much people are willing to spend to buy a game nowadays?

For me, I usually willing to spend up till 40$ for a single game. It can go over to 50$ if I really really want to play the game. If it cost 60$ or more, I usually would just wait till sale comes.

So, how much are you willing to spend?

2. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's over 30 euros I wait till some sale to get it

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How much I'd like to pay and how much I do pay are 2 different things I'm guilty of buying deluxe editions of a few games right when they come out only later to regret my purchase I believe most games based on entertainment value should probably be around 30$ to 50$ at release not the 60$ to 100$ I often see if more games were 30$ or 40$ I'd be much more likely to buy them imagine how many copies of cyberpunk would have sold if it was only 30$ people would be far more willing to take the risk of buying it then

elengee likes this.
  4. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yarrr! I don't buy games anymore, too expensive for me. I'd rather buy a manga or Light Novel. : )

Ddraig likes this.
  5. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't usually follow any rules i set, but my prefferred price range is less than 30€

6. Leosinurat

Leosinurat [Master of None]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just play F2P or pirate it . Too broke to buy anything

7. king cooly

king cooly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very little because I'm probably not going to play it anyways.

8. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    If I really like a game then I'd be willing to spend up to $80 otherwise if I just wanted to kinda play it then I'd probably go no more than $40
    And if I am only slightly curious then pirating it is

9. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still a student with no job so no money that means I'm a pirate, yarrr

Halcyon Observer likes this.
  10. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    For physical versions I'm okay to pay around 50ish € if the game is long and interresting enough, but for digital versions I won't pay more than 30ish €, and for mobile games 10€ is the absolute limit (and only if it's a very very good game), and I won't touch gacha games even with a 20 foot pole.

By the way, if a game seems like it will get a heap of non-cosmetic DLC, I usually wait until there is a version of it with all the DLC included for a reasonable price as I'm not really interrested in buying incomplete games and I have a big enough game backlog to keep me waiting for as long as needed...

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I paid 90 for hitman 3 deluxe preorder, i paid 5 for MGS5 phantom pain.

Which purchase made me happier? Hitman 3 gave me crashed servers and bugs and then two days worth of content.

MGS replayability had me going for weeks.

That's when i started scouring the bargain bin. Played tombraider for 10 each, nier automata 10, etc.

I'm willing to pay 70 to 90 but i expect a game to reflect that in its content.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it's up to 50$, but like... My currency is 5x weaker than USD, so it's kinda like being willing to pay up to 250 USD for someone that lives in the US... >.>

Though I did pre-order a 50$ deluxe edition PS4 game once directly from the US, the shipping fee were another 22.50$, so I ended up paying 72.50$ at that time... USD was weaker back then though, so the final cost ended up at around 282.XX of my local currency, which isn't that high above my limit.
    ... Interestingly enough, the same game, in normal version, was available at 250.00 of my local currency at the PSN... I felt like I got a very good deal by buying the Deluxe edition... >.>

Anyways, right now I'm totally out of money, so I don't buy anything over 2$ actually, but once my financial situation stabilizes, I'm totally becoming willing to spend up to 50$ on a game again.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

On the plus side, a friend of mine said he'd buy the last 2 DLCs of Binding of Isaac for me as a Birthday Present... I'm excited for it~

14. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily, my finances are decent enough to support at least one of my three hobbies : gaming. That said, the amount of money I'm willing to spend depends on a lot of factors. How long I think I'll spend playing the game is one factor. I have a few games I put thousands of hours into, and I'm willing to put a few hundred dollars into them. I'm also more likely to buy at a higher price if it's a genre of game I'm into. I'm also willing to spend more if it's a developer I'm supporting.

I do boycott some publishers though. I know it doesn't really have an impact, but most AAA publishers are on my blacklist, including Rockstar/Taketwo, BlActivisioin, and EA. Although I'm tentatively putting EA into a soft boycott atm in hopes that it will encourage more consumer friendly policies like they implemented in the last two star wars games they published. Still though, about 12 years of not buying EA games is pretty decent for a boycott imo. I get that games are made to make money, but there's no need to make it a win/lose situation because of too much greed.

But yea, I also used to be f2p player back when I was a student. I pirated a few games, but mostly stuck to f2p stuff. I'm actually kind of jealous of younger people because f2p market atm is much better for non spenders than it was back then. The biggest difference is that they've adjusted pacing so f2p players can still have some fun before neediing to grind or pay or etc. Back then, so many games made it so you can only really f2p if you were ok being instagibbed by Randy who stole his mom's credit card. Nowdays, you at least have a chance. I guess the difference is nowdays, Randy who stole his mom's credit card will be showing off his skins instead of bouncing his digital balls on your face after killing you with his P2W stuff

15. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    In American dollars?

16. patient

patient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Around 60 euros is the most I spent on a single game, but I got 5k hours of playtime out of that one. But normally, I wouldn't spend more than 10 euros and just pirate.

17. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m willing to pay 0$ for games .

18. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m the type that buys $100 in games during seasonal sales.

However, a lot of games I buy during that time are bundles as well, so instead of getting 2 games for like $100, I can get 5+ games. I rarely buy a game that is freshly released unless I REALLY want to play it.

19. Napelynn

Napelynn Tuna Angel

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t play games that often so free is best.

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note, it kinda surprises me how some people are super against any and every form of piracy related to videogames... The conversations I've had in some subreddits have blown my mind.

Like... People genuinely trying to suggest it was a good idea to buy a PS1 and a 50$ PS1 game instead of just using an emulator and downloading an ISO to pirate the game... Like... Why? Why would you ever buy a PS1 game in this day and age?

You're not even supporting the company by doing this since Ebay is pretty much the only place you'll find the game at... Why would anyone buy an overpriced old console and an overpriced old game instead of just pirating it...? It honestly blows my mind.

I totally agree with anyone being against the piracy of recentish games that you can obtain at stuff like PSN or Steam, and I can even understand someone being against the piracy of an old game you can buy at GoG... But I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be against the piracy of old unsupported games from unsupported consoles... It's just... Mindblowing to me.

ANonMouse likes this.