Discussion MTL seniors, please teach me your ways.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Grand_Rider_Iskandar, Feb 6, 2021.

1. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your brain will be conditioned to read it like normal english tbh.You will be able to understand the grammar of mlt.At one point I was in so deep that I could even see when something isnt mtl.Now I've stop reading mtl and getting back in is hard so I'm one the same step as you.Worth the time invested though as mtl novels are thick man not like those flimsy official translated novels with 100s chapter numbers.

FunkyFreshTL likes this.
  2. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp thanks. Just finished a novel on MTLnovel a few days ago. Might try lnmtl. And the only thing I got is why the fuck are the pronouns are changing.

3. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While Reading MTL, one's Dao Heart must be strong. With that, you will be able to read thousands of chapters. Unfortunately, my dao was weak, I gave up reading mtl. Junior, I am ashamed of myself.
    You must do what I am unable to. I will pass on some of my methods to you. It ain't much but it will give you slightly better chances to read the mtl.
    Here are the links I compiled where you can read MTL. Take a look at them and finish what I couldn't.

Top 5 Machine Translation Sites for Novels
    Another 6 Machine Translation Novel Sites

Good Luck, My Junior. I hope you will succeed.

4. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, is MTLNovel that good? I mean, I do read at their site sometimes, but somehow their grammar/style feels off to me? So most of the times I prefer to use google translate

Also, I mostly read modern novels, but I have to agree that historical fictions are hard to be MTLed mainly because of the poems. It's not easy to find historical novels that could be easily understood through MTL.

(For example, The Grand Princess' author's books are quite easy to be understood even though they are historical novels).

Probably because the language you are reading has no pronounce as their pronounce is gender neutral? Pretty sure there are some languages laike that

My tip for names:
    For the name, sometimes you would somehow memorize some words' meaning. What I mean is, if the text showed you 'Wind Jade', then you could safely assume that their name is 'Feng Yu' or something along that.

Korean novels (like isekai novels) usually use western names though.

Another thing is, the names sometimes change even though they are the same person, this causes me confusion a lot of times. It's normal, just try to remember the different versions of the names, or at least be familiar with them.

5. Kazoow

Kazoow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.wnmtl.org/ is a new MT site. Way better than all the ones out there from what I've been reading.

6. kajess

kajess Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually tempted to mtl 2ha but then I might miss its literary flavor so I am patiently waiting for its complete English translation.

7. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, read comrademao for the first time and it was good? I don't know if my grammatical skills are fucked or I'm just lucky.

Also why does XNUMX appear. Why can't they translate quantity.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  8. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just scared that my grammar would degrade overtime

9. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    You must stop from going to wrong DAO

Grand_Rider_Iskandar likes this.
  10. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading MTL is like reading a jacked up version of the story where you'll never get the same amount of nuance as was in the original meaning of the story. With that said, I think it's still worth it since most of the story can still be understood. You just gotta weigh whether you're desperate enough to read a certain genre to do it.

For example, I exclusively read yuri and there's just not enough being translated for me to stick to just that, so MTL it is. I will say though, now that I'm editing and cleaning up MTL of the novels I like, the actual amount of nuance I missed the first time around has become more apparent.

Grand_Rider_Iskandar likes this.
  11. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the MTL that I read are basically just literary junk food. So I don't really loose out on anything.

blazingseraph likes this.
  12. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not worth it, my friend. Unless the MTLs are by me. Then it's okay because I proofread as much as possible. But on a more serious note, try not to read MTL. They usually leave out some phrases that make a web/light novel a web/light novel.

13. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. A good novel in my opinion got it's translation discontinued. Should I MTL it? But it feels like that would ruin my impression on the novel.