Other Request MTL Readers - what are you guys reading?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aqualistic, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Aqualistic

Aqualistic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo my fellow MTL-Readers!
    What are you guys currently reading?

2. rk0015

rk0015 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul land 4, though no updates for 12 days

Aqualistic likes this.
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Archean Eon Art ( Blue Essence Chart on lnmtl)

Sword and Magic and Taxi ( MC goes for Pathfinder Druid in Golarion and it is the cornerstone for all his other achievements like finding a way to study Harry Potter magic system, psionic powers of Athas Dark Sun planet, seeking to make his body adaptable to all environments,.....).

It's a good read because it's more like a tabletop adventure made into a story than typical crap of endless repetition. It has fun moments, tense ones, MC comes to hate some things ( like the memory erasing spell in HP world) and he has to keep rechecking his progress after getting in uncharted waters beyond standard Druid class achievements because of consequences ( physical as well as mental) to himself. He specializes in biological field with manipulating, healing or even making bodies. His okay area is mental/psionic and his weakness is attacking and soul study. He figures out immortality potions that only really prolong lives and ingredients list is so whack he has to get it himself from time to time everytime his companions and him need more.

I Have a Proficiency Panel ( classic xianxia/xuanhuan, except the titled "cheat" only lets him know if his training was correct. If he had actual progress, a training session is +1, otherwise nothing. Small clump of ideas from a good fight or inspiration is +2 or +3. Start of skills is 0/10 provided he understood the basics and training direction. If he can't even do that, it isn't listed).

Skill baggage is avoided by higher quality/stronger will replace the spot of a previous method. MC still knows them, they just got outstripped in usefulness or sheer power. His thing is that "special opportunities" only come from hanging out with peer cultivators who need him for his main focus ( general strength, combat, alchemy,...) to help them and on his own he just does sect missions, seeks higher ups for lectures, gathers resources and used his 10 year banishment to some middle of nowhere islands in the south to build up his own abode/cultivation spot surrounded by a thriving community ( he enriched the area with gathering and management. The first is something anyone who gathers spiritual plants can do, second is his company worker memories from earth.)

It's because of that progress that he doesn't want to leave and give all his work to someone else after 10 years are up which causes him to do missions for clearance to keep the area as his own and just pay some dues to the sect. Because the area is too good after his work is why it was worth enough to need mission clearing to keep.

There's Illimitable Until Death. It's anime focused, so no perfect powers for MC ( his innate ability is some eye power. His main and only possible Job/Class/modification he takes is Genestellar physique from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

Lifeforms are split from Tier 5 ( normal scrubs, to over peak performance like plenty of shonen anime), Tier 4 ( supernatural is there, Hidan no Aria, Shakugan no Shana,...), Tier 3 ( a world rated this has Tier 2s like strong gods in setting. Konosuba, Fate,....), Tier 2 ( you have to find your own way there, system and clearance conditions stop helping you "rank up" once you are a 3. Tier 2 peeps aren't seen by weaker coworkers like MC, which probably means they are around and can't be figured out.) Don't know Tier 1, still not there.

Oh, MC has a fast rise because his eyes give him a leg up in mission worlds, but they are also killing him despite being an envoy and otherwise eternal if he works well in missions. So it's a big deal for him to solve that and get to Tier 2.

Aqualistic likes this.
  4. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i am reading rebirth : Overthrow song dynasty
    It is good novel if it was translated properly instead of kingdom building like the author promises us, we got cultivation, hella annoying.

I am also reading summon the mythical emperor of ten thousand worlds, Ancestor above, Iron dynasty, strongest sect of all ages, Reincarnation paradise, Fantasy Simulator.

I want something like iron dynasty techno upgrade but no luck yet, still searching.

Archeon eon art is translated completely i think in webnovel

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Aqualistic likes this.
  5. Aqualistic

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I’ll give the last two a try.

Same Early on i thought i would get epic kingdom building novel or something similar to Iron Dynasty but all I got was MC fleeing and fleeing and fleeing, then hiding it out. kinda most realsitic kingdom building I read until the cultivation shit become more important and finally dropped it,

I also want something like Iron Dynasty, or an MC reborn in ancient time with cheat, no simp and none or minimal cultivation. Pacing like Iron Dynasty where you can actually understand the scene and whats gojng on.

give The System Force me to be the Emperor a try, you might like it.

Daresan likes this.
  6. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks man. I hope this novel be at least little bit like iron dynasty

7. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one? Proficiency Panel?

The banishment to the islands comes later on after he breaks through into Foundation Establishment ( classic 2nd major realm).

That's at least 100-250 chaps ( can't recall exactly) him being one of hundreds of thousands Outer Sect disciples jockeying for promotion by sect tournament into Inner section.

He is rather restrained and doesn't do stupid shit like backtalk to influential people in broad daylight. If they are in some deserted place like wilderness, old ruins, ... he will kill anyone he can if they try to get him first or threaten him(awareness blackmail would cause shit even if he complied).

No idea what Iron Dynasty is. Kingdom building isn't my jam.

8. Aqualistic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I’m currently reading proficiency panel. At chap28 now. Does the panel later develop more ability aside from just viewing the stats?

9. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate i got recomendation for you, while they are not totally similar to iron dynasty, they are good enough

1.https://m.qidian.com/book/1004976371/347172543 (Warning this has horny mc i dropped it )
    2.https://sj.uukanshu.com/read.aspx?tid=91105&sid=61477 (This one is good)
    3.https://m.qidian.com/book/1017224028/508276957 (This one looks promising)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  10. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    My Dad At The Same Table
    The Actor Is Fine
    Marrying the villain in the 70
    Rebirth with rebel husband
    Marrying the malle lead's brother

11. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Also after getting into 2nd big realm ( my bad, its zhenyuan or true element/origin). The panel gets new functions with his soul developing in quality ( has to be a massive icnrease though) if it happens like that at 3rd major realm as well.