Spoiler The Great Wish

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Sep 16, 2019.

1. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AGREE! :blob_plusone:

djan29 and athene911 like this.
  2. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but the gemstone that belonged to Kuhn's father with a lot of sentimental value... I've read from novel readers in this thread that dream Kuhn gifted it to dream Sienna. But I understand in the manwha that dream Sienna stole it (in chapter 75, she says it's the only thing she took that didn't already belong to her and "sorry for touching your property without permission").

So did dream Kuhn actually give the gemstone to her or did she steal it?

Khadz likes this.
  3. blnk_spce

blnk_spce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is: both!

Dream Sienna took the stone with her after she left Kuhn and got their marriage annulled. (I don't remember if the novel says exactly why she took it, but if I stumble on it on my re-read, I will add an edit.) I believe she took the stone as a memento because she left Kuhn and her son very suddenly and then cut off essentially all contact between them for years.

The very same dream of their conversation continues after she tries to give back the stone. In the continuation, Kuhn and Sienna have an emotional showdown. Kuhn is trying to get a response, any response, that indicates she cares for him or their son, Eckhart (mostly about Eckhart). He had hope all along that she would come back to him/them. Unfortunately, she is cold and even says she has no son; that child is Kuhn's successor only. (Present Sienna is screaming at Emperor Sienna; I'm telling you.) Dream Kuhn is visibly hurt by her response, "tearful" even. This shocks present timeline Sienna because she only knows Kuhn to be firm and confident, but seeing Kuhn with that hopeless expression hurts her a lot. Emperor Sienna, though, has a poker face.

Well, this is where dream Kuhn decides to give up. He says something like, "if we had a new beginning...," but doesn't finish that thought because there was no point. He puts the stone on the table and says he won't be taking it. Present timeline Sienna observes his actions someone who is trying to leave with no regrets. After he leaves, Emperor Sienna takes the stone, and locks it back in the safe.

That ended up longer than I thought. There's more to the dream but that portion is just what specifically pertains to the stone.

EDITED to clarify some parts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The scenes about the two of them in the dreams are short, so every detail is meaningful. Thank you for answering my question! :bloblove: @blnk_spce

I always thought that Kuhn was the least prideful and I didn't get the impression that he had nearly as much character development as Sienna in both timelines because it was difficult to find fault in him - until now. So I'm shocked that he never accepted dream Sienna because of her mother:blobpopcorn_two:, even though he had feelings for her and knew that she was not involved in the Red King's schemes. She was raised to be a naive puppet doll for her mother and, in the end, she also had to do her brother's bidding. Thank god for second chances! I'm looking forward to the next chapters in the manwha :blobcozy:

5. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoilers! :blobnom:

The 2TL Sienna is really ......sigh :blobflag:

I can't find the right word but every time I read about 2TL Sienna ...it make me very sad, ...really pitiful sad. :blobsneeze: She just wanted to be a good emperor, she's a very sincere, straightforward, hardworking, charming woman but damn, her mother destroyed Sienna completely, and started it even before Sienna was born. Sienna become emperor but was ashamed of this as her mother killed Dian and put her as a puppet emperor; her servants and aides are all her mother's rats that don't respect Sienna as an emperor; all her childhood her growth was stunted by her mother so now even tho she had the ability to be the smartest and most powerful ...she understood she was lied and carefully controlled so he could never shine at all; her love is even more sad as her mother basically made both Kuhn and Sienna hate each other even tho they loved each other; Sienna can't even raise her own child, can't be fully a mother; and the only way to protect Kuhn and their son is to never see them. An originally proud and straightforward Sienna became so beaten and ashamed that even in her last moments she can't say 'I love you' to Kuhn -- because her mother did so much evil that 2TL Sienna doesn't think she has the right to say this to Kuhn and her son.

2TL/dream Sienna is a really sad being. And dream Kuhn also, remembering that after Eckhart became emperor he just wandered around the world and never came back to the empire where his Sienna died. :blobsneeze:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    shashasha, manvugu, boom2424 and 6 others like this.
  6. blnk_spce

Reading List:
    Link
    Just going to continue the spoiler from above because it is really sad.

Refer to "gemstone spoiler" above for the other contents of this dream.

During their dream conversation, as stated, Kuhn asks if she even knows "his" birthday, how old "he" is, or how big "he's" gotten. She doesn't answer and remains silent. Kuhn he says she never asks about "him"; does she even think about "him" at all? (Present day Sienna is confused by these questions at first.) Then he drops the bombshell that he's talking about their son, Eckhart. He's tell her that he's asking her to answer as "the sky queen (aka his wife) not as the emperor." This is where Emperor Sienna says "how can I have a son when I was never married?" [She got the marriage annulled not divorced, so it was like their marriage never happened, fyi.] Kuhn asks if she's serious. She says she was just doing her duty; that Kuhn asked for a successor, so she gave him one. Eckhart is not her son; he is Kuhn's successor. That's it, and this shatters Kuhn.

This is the end for Kuhn, and he promised her after this meeting, he will not try to see or contact her again, so he leaves. After Kuhn is gone, and she's locked away the stone, Emperor Sienna says to herself of course she knows Eckart's birthday. "It is four months and ten days away from now, and you're going to be an adult." Then she said, she wanted to tell Kuhn she cared, wanted to ask if they (he and Eckhart) were alright and safe, but she couldn't. She wanted to reach out, ask for help, ask about them, but because of her pride, she did not. All she had left was her pride. In the end, she decided to suffer alone and in silence.

Before Emperor Sienna goes to bed, she pulls out a pocket watch and opens it. There's a portrait of her on the inside of the watch. She pushes the little switch on top and the picture flips; it is a picture of little Eckhart. Dream Sienna cries alone in bed knowing that she will never see Kuhn or her son again. :blobcry:

Present Sienna is watching this scene in shock and sadness. She is so shocked by the revelation about their son and what Emperor Sienna did, as a matter of fact, that she ended up sobbing uncontrollably and getting a fever. This is abnormal because the gods don't get sick, but the dream really took an emotional toll on her. She also figured out that it was not all bad between her and Kuhn; they had enough of an emotional connection to have a child together. Present Sienna thinks Emperor Sienna took the stone because she could not be honest about her feelings toward Kuhn even to the end-- even when he asked her directly for the last time as his wife not as the emperor. She says it is a shame that Emperor Sienna never realized how wonderful it is to love a man like Kuhn. :blobsneeze:

I also re-read the chapter and found the meaning of the gemstone.
    Kuhn said it was a gift from his mother to his father. It represents "gratefulness," so the stone was a "thank you" gift. In the dream timeline, I guess the stone can mean "thank you" for your time. In the present timeline, perhaps it is "thank you" for being mine.

@rock.doll She really was pitiful. The sad part is if she just said something, anything, Kuhn would've helped her all along.

@roseO Np! He was unable to accept Sienna fully because even though she was a puppet, her mother had already done so much damage there was no way to fix it. Her mother even killed off
    Levan, the aide. His last name is Glynn. He's very close to Kuhn.
    Also, by the time Sienna figured out her mother was behind everything, she was still so passive and weak and did not stop her. Sad, sad.

Edit: I mixed up two characters in the spoiler right above, so I fixed it. It wasn't Mason.:notlikeblob:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  7. Nekomanma

Nekomanma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just recently stumble on this great masterpiece and binge in it 2 days (haha). I am now at ch 85 of the manhua:
    Kuhn is already a marquis and wanted to held his first banquet party. After a drama where the red king tries to ruin his party by announcing her own party at the same day as Kuhn's (which was cancel with the help of the current emperor), the party is going well. The last scene shows Kuhn giving Sienna a tour of his mansion and telling her that in his clan, the name Kuhn is simmilar to a king title.

Now the question for my dearest senior spoiler..
    If I want to MTL the google doc, from which volume and which chapter should I start reading to continue my current progress? Cause the volume is a bit pricey :')

8. mociig

mociig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think people start to have a misunderstanding with the side story about the dream. It's the same with Lucia novel, with the side story that shows a glimpse of the future of Damian death.

9. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @blnk_spce I cannot believe this. That there was a son:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:. I thought it was already bad enough that she left her husband without a word but she actually left her son. This is really disappointing.

And she eventually pushed them away simply because of her pride?? How could her pride be more important than her child? That is really not reason enough. How do you tell a child that your mother left you because of her pride??

Hazardous likes this.
  10. FeliceSasha23

FeliceSasha23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should MTL from the beginning(?)

11. Vrisha21

Vrisha21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am crying now, also thanks for the spoiler

12. Nekomanma

Nekomanma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately they provide free preview for up to 40 pages each books, so I buy from 4th books and MTL till finish. But for those wondering, the current manhwa (ch 85) is probably around ch3 of book 3. Btw, snu2 start at the middle of book 4 if you're wondering.

A pity that google doc doesn't provide illustration like the kakao novel.

13. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

14. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god this is so sad:cry::cry:

15. _EyeCandy_

_EyeCandy_ Secretly Into Sadists ヽ(*>∇<)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I was just wondering why the translations were taken down :cry::cry:why :cry::cry:why is there another site wherre I can read?

16. _EyeCandy_

Reading List:
    Link
    I came to read the novel because of the smut, but when I searched and searched, I can't find any novel what is happening

17. Haiting1536

Haiting1536 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that the current TL isn’t real and that it’s a a dream. I read that it’s a mercy granted to her by the gods as a final wish for all of her regrets. Can anyone confirm this? If so I can’t continue it. I love it but I’ll be so upset if it’s not real.

18. blnk_spce

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is the same author as Lucia, so my interpretation is similar in that Sienna saw a dream version of her future if things remained the same. She changed events/things/herself in the current timeline so that the dream timeline never happens. The reason why this dream theory exists is because in the epilogue, Dream Sienna dies seeing the current timeline. However, in the side stories, the author carries on the current timeline into the future (more kids, what Kuhn and Sienna are still up to, etc.).This is a future that dream Sienna does not see after she passes. Dream Sienna may have received a final wish, but current timeline Sienna fulfilled The Great Wish (also the ultimate goal of the gods, btw), so I don't think everything is just a dream, but others may interpret things differently. :blobwink:

19. _EyeCandy_

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, where do you read the novel? (With the smut tag) I can't find it anymore :cry::cry:

20. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    illya_hanh and _EyeCandy_ like this.