LCD My Civil Servant Life Reborn in the Strange World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 23, 2021.

1. ellype

ellype Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps the platinum coins are also meant to cover not only the materials themselves, but also the service fee for the delivery?
    It took our overpowered protagonist several days to move from his village into some form of civilization, and the deer seem strong enough to mop the floor with any average merchant.
    Then again, they may just have people from their village doing the delivering?? I don't think a trillion dollars is a reasonable amount to pay for a semi-regular delivery. Idk, seems like the author just wrote themself into a corner with the logic behind a platinum coin. There's a reason why a million USD bills don't exist.

2. froztyh

froztyh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the currency note its most likely just merchants/empire skewing them, however it does seem like there are more questions to be answered like why do all the battle tribes bother to take general positions in the "mortal" world when the general mood of the tribe(s) is that the outside world is a waste of time?
    Did he not peek at the answers to get a read on what he would have to answer to get a job in the outer palace and not seem to good that he'd be placed near his uncle? iirc he even said the test should be easy for him before looking at the answers

Neyva likes this.
  3. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna guess that the reason the battle tribes actually participate in "mortal" affairs is related to the Demon King that was slain by the former leader of the crow tribe. They were probably like "ooh strong opponent that I can fight to the death with, count me in".
    After he killed the Demon King the Empire must've pleaded with the other battle tribes to have like 1 or 2 of their strongest working in the Empire to keep all the Demon spawns at bay since they mutually benefit from good fights and peace from monsters.
    Battle Tribes not being entirely stupid get a load of extra benefits as additional compensation to make up for not being in their homeland for their term. Although they get paid with work benefits, they only do it since they have some morals of not letting the empire get completely wiped out...but mostly fighting monsters is fun for them.
    Funny enough, aside from it being a plot hole (imo) I equate the gold coins to hundred dollar bills (rare but usable in more expensive situations) and platinum coins as gold bars (unusable in like 99% of transactions but hold a lot of value relative to the economy).

4. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's change the title to "My Life as Lupin, the Thief".
    [​IMG]

BTW, is there any place where I can get the raws to submit to my beloved google translator and see if someone dies a the end?

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-77.1
    Does this world never have any cloudy nights?

kyoshijiro likes this.
  6. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree there, and I hate to say it's way better then Netflix's attempt at Lupin and it can seem to honor the Lupin III anniversary that's all over some of the cartoon sites the last few months .... That said since the chapters getting split up I only read it now every other day so don't expect me to hit this chat much for now, and I do agree with everyone that platinum as described is a plot hole and have to wonder if it was meant to translate as trade coins at some point (I remember reading some fantasy slice of life with white gold coins (which is platinum coins in most all cases according to something I read about coin translation and manufacturing in D&D from the late 70's/ early 80's) where they where only used for large bulk trades between countries and smaller areas) and I thought I remember reading they where only used for trade around when the sister left home, which made me also agree with someone up above that said the merchant they trade with all the time was shocked about the coins when she went to trade them for more useable coins because I remember when I first read that I thought "why the shock? I mean didn't they need the smaller coins to stay over night in town at each trade? So wouldn't he make that swap then too? or are they ripping them off at least a platinum coin to sleep there a night when they come to trade?" I mean unless it's done electronically or with drafts it does take some time to conclude a trade deal, and even with the two methods mentioned it can take a day or two at least

compass96 and kyoshijiro like this.
  7. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-82:
    Isn't he surrounded by most of the office personnel? And they're in an open floor plan style office, so the personnel from both departments heard Den shout. Did no one come over to see what was going on? I was already wondering why none of his coworkers were commenting on why he was playing with the Director's vomit.

8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-93: Who's Edward?

9. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an invite to re-read all the previous chapters.

10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. And only to find out that he's introduced in ch-94.

ElefantVerd likes this.
  11. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's just the idea of a completely black sky that scares him. Not the idea of being unable to see the stars

12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was referencing Ed from Full Metal Alchemist

13. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That both made me mad, want to cry and laugh at the same time for the memory factors ... shame it seems to be going in that same direction though ...

14. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-98: The Red Tower didn't have any automatic shielding defenses?

15. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably won't react to people with passes

16. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is not fair.

Has anyone found the RAWs of this novel?

17. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-115:
    Did Den not bring Bloody Rosellis, Flam, and Arwen to join up with his housemates? I was expecting a reaction scene from at least Alphonso, if not Alice, when they see the woman who beat Lisbon coming along with Den.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-133
    But how much wildlife had they killed?

Neyva likes this.
  19. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Shh, as long as you ignore it, not many will have died

Neyva likes this.
  20. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in reality most wildlife would have ran with in the range of sound (which could be miles) long before it started to get nasty, only anything on that mountain that got blown up would be gone (like villages ...) so ya like in the martial arts novels where that happens all the time you just ignore it

kyoshijiro likes this.