Recommendations Political Intrigue Male Protag

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Rei789, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Rei789

Rei789 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I'm looking for something set in Ancient China that has to do with politics. But the catch is I want a male protagonist. There are a bunch of female protagonist stories set in ancient China with political intrigue. In fact the only ones I can seem to find are those. So I would like one with a male protagonist, I'd prefer no harem but beggars can't be choosers. Oh and while I'd like if the protagonist is a prince and the politics is a battle for the throne I'll settle for him working his way up to a powerful official. I'd prefer no Xinxia and just normal people but I feel that would be too much so I'll take what I can get.

P.S. No BL, please.

2. Silver Spark

Silver Spark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Grandmaster Strategist - the romance is kind of bland. Wuxia power system, although MC is not a martial artist and is in fact rather weak. Lots of flowery language and philosophy. No harem.
    Marquis of Grand Xia - the romance is really bad and it gets worse as you read. Wuxia power system.
    Joy of Life - watched the drama, it's not too bad. Again, the romance isn't the best, but whatever. Has harem.
    The Golden Age - never read this but it looks alright? No harem genre.

4. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link