Spoiler Duchess Meklen’s Elegant Revolt

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Duchess_Meklens_Elegant_Revolt.png
    Description

Eleanor, who lacked the love she needed since birth, lost everything in an instant as a princess.

A political marriage with the Duke of another country that was forced upon her.

The last thing she wanted was to live as a duchess in vain and die a miserable death.

Miraculously, she went back to the past and swore that she won’t live like a fool again.

As she constantly seeks an opportunity to turn the tables, will her rebellion succeed?

NU LINK: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/duchess-meklens-elegant-revolt/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2020
  2. chefcheese

chefcheese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art looks beautiful!!:blobmelt: :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

tisifone21 likes this.
  3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one's a very hard read. All the paragraphs are one, maybe two sentences. It's difficult to extract what's happening.

Characters:

Eleanor: Princess of the fallen Hartman Kingdom. Currently the Meklen Duchess.

Caroline: The mother in law from hell and the duke's mother. Isolates and humiliates Eleanor till she dies and then manages to do so from beyond the grave due to her death blamed on Eleanor.

The Duke of Meklen: Name unknown, he seems to be a clueless person when it comes to his family.

Setup:
    Eleanor has a forced political marriage to the duke to demonstrate her country's subjugation by the empire ? Her life is made miserable by the former duchess who keeps all the household power and publicly humiliates Eleanor. This continues until Caroline dies. The doctor initially investigating her death also dies. HMMMMM. Eleanor is blamed and before you can say Robespierre, Eleanor has a date with Guillotine-Chan.

Next thing you know, she's asking for a divorce from the duke. He blows her request, and and her paperwork off saying their marriage was decreed by the king. She then hands him an order from the king. HAHAHAHA

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh by rebellion the author meant a rebellion from a relationship. Thought she was gonna go all french revolution on there asses

Legnakra, illysillymilly and Pakhi like this.
  5. EternalKai83

EternalKai83 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the man in the picture is the Duke or perhaps the King himself?

6. momomo5

momomo5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mtled some of the comments in the naver page of the novel. A lot of the commentators are calling her husband dumb and a mama's boy :blobjoy: Someone even said that this is more court intrigue and politics rather than romance. They are also criticizing how the author is dragging the plot. So... Will someone please spoil us? :aww: Does she succeed in divorcing her good for nothing husband? Who does she end up with ? Because it was not clear who is the ml is from the comments.:blobpensive::blobsad:

7. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got picked up by someone

9. reiin

reiin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil who the ML is?

10. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk who’s the ML
    but the ML isn’t the duke
    ( I asked one of the translators and they told me he’s not the ML )

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that’s great news! I hope she gets her divorce quickly and easily.

12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized that she has a crown on the cover and there was a discussion between the Duke and his mother about the King being widowed and not interested in new marriage, so can we expect a new Queen who divorced her trash ex-husband?

13. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

its0k and Wapdyne like this.
  14. Deleted member 294510

Deleted member 294510 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the Emperor is the male lead

evanesco99211 likes this.
  15. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers plss:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

16. ShugoTenshi

ShugoTenshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remembering that I'm translating the story through Google, because I don't know how to speak Russian and this can hinder my interpretation. Furthermore, English is not my first language.

I'm sorry if it's hard to understand, I hope I helped
    Female protagonist

Duke's wife

[SPOILER = "First Life"]
    She did everything to earn her mother-in-law's respect and be recognized as the duke's wife, but she never did.

She was called a 'parrot on the island of Beimah'. That it was a very beautiful animal, but with a small brain, that is, Eleanor was considered beautiful, but useless / dumb.

She was falsely accused of poisoning her mother-in-law.

She was arrested because one of the maids testified against her, that maid belonged to Carolyn and, apparently, it was Carolyn who bought the poison

Having already learned the tasks that Carolyn gave him, in his first life, he was able to work more efficiently and was given a more serious task in advance.

She found the duke in the office and asked that he be sent north, but was denied

“Although I was born in a different country, I am now a member of the Mecklin family. I'll at least try. It may not be enough, but I want to do my best.

Before returning, I had no opportunity to be alone with Ernst. I didn't even have the opportunity to have a child. Caroline wanted to postpone the conception as long as possible so that Ernest would worry about the job.

But now ... If you can change anything, even if it's a little, I'm ready to work hard for it. But Eleanor's hopes were immediately dashed.

- Why should I leave this to someone like you?

- Someone like me?

- Yes. Ernest pointed his chin at her.

Eleanor was momentarily confused.

I felt strange. Even though it was a formal loveless wedding, I hoped we could show each other basic courtesy. It's so hard? In any case, I'm just a stranger.

Eleanor's impassive face gradually regained its original calm.

- I have something to tell you.

- And this is important?

He looked at the watch on his left wrist.

The conversation with Eleanor took longer than expected.

-I would like you to send me to the northern domain of Mecklen. "

The duke criticized her and ordered her to put herself in the right place, that is, to behave like a parrot on the island of Beimah.

"Ernst hated those who crossed the line. It would be even worse if these people broke accepted standards.

- So you, and all yours, sit down and don't rock the boat.

Suddenly, a scene crossed Eleanor's mind.

The ladies, holding fans in their hands, laughed and mocked her, calling her a parrot on the island of Beimah.

My hands were shaking, I couldn't say anything.

Ernst, with a face completely indifferent to Eleanor, who was stunned by her words, straightened up and pointed at the door with his chin.

It meant "going out".

- I will.

She, with a pale face, walked away slowly. "

FL feels bad after the duke's refusal, as she believed it was a great way to get rid of future false accusations.

"Eleanor, who barely managed to leave the office to avoid falling, went straight to the living room. What an insult. The Duke of Mecklen wanted her to become the same parrot. After all, the Duke looks like Caroline.

I didn't even think it was possible. I knew he was indifferent to me, but at least he never treated me badly. To some extent, I was treated like a duchess. But all of this was done only to fulfill her role as a husband.

Eleanor bit her lip hard.

"I need to escape somehow."

All the power of the family belonged to Ernst.

The most ideal and sensible way that Eleanor thought was to be sent to the northern domain under the guise of supervision or assistance.

I considered an option that could offend the duke's pride, but I didn't think much about it.

As soon as she entered the room, Eleanor threw herself on the bed. She stood motionless for a long time, her face buried in the fluffy bed. The heat boiled in her heart.

- You have to wait.

I made my decision, memorizing it like a spell. This level of abuse has been experienced numerous times. So it's okay. However, the alarm did not stop.

- Is this normal?

I am completely alone. None of the aristocrats from Hartmann's kingdom who settled in the Baden Empire came to look for her. She had to find her own way.

Where can I hide? There is nothing I can do, because Caroline will undoubtedly be the first to act. So it was impossible to invest anywhere in the capital.

When she married the Duke of Mecklen, all she had were gold coins, jewelry and clothes that belonged to her at Hartmann. Expensive jewels were hidden in case there was no time to get rid of them.

I'm lost.

Eleanor was holding back tears, shaking with excitement.

She thought she would restrain herself and
    hold on until the time comes, then she would end this suffering and start a new life, but Ernst's words continued to bite her chest and torment her like thorns.

- Ah ...

Eleanor lowered her head, burying herself in the sheets.

Her lips were salty and prickly. Blood trickled from them.

She must have bitten very hard.

She wiped them carefully with a handkerchief and pressed her lips together to stop the bleeding.

It was very painful.

Highly. "
    [/SPOILER]

I am reading this novel on a Russian website, about 7 chapters have already been posted.

What I understood

Example of boring mother-in-law

He doesn't like FL and whenever he can

Owl Mother

The person who rules the mansion, even if the current Duke, her son, is already married.

She does not trust FL skills and teaches her little by little what and how to do the tasks. But she always criticizes and never gives authority.

Not even when the bastard dies does she leave FL alone, because the protagonist was accused, in her first life, of being her murderer.

The current Duke and husband of FL.

He just appeared in the novel, I think in chapter 3.

Motherfucker

When he meets Fl in the office, he treats her as inhuman and unimportant.

He does not believe that his mother has given him a more advanced task and tells her not to waste any time.

"he went to her office.

- What are you doing here?

When she didn't answer, he asked again in a cooler voice. This was the first time that he saw his wife after the wedding.

Ernst looked Eleanor up and down. Perhaps because she was the princess of Hartmann's kingdom, she was beautiful.

The dress she wore seems to be from her native country. It was a little different from home clothes.

- What brings you here?

Ernst, who was waiting for an answer, received a question. The duke groaned weakly, as if it were ridiculous.

- Didn't you hear? I asked first.

- Sorry, I asked, because you rarely look here. I did what my mother-in-law instructed me to do.

- Mommy?

Eleanor explained, but Ernest was still frowning. He snorted when he heard her story collecting documents about her family history.

-I think a foreigner can't do this job well.

- Don't try in vain. Go to your bedroom.

When FL asks to be seen somewhere where she can be useful, no matter where and under the circumstances, he calls her arrogant.

"Ernst's lips twitched at Eleanor's request. On her face, with her head down, an expression of absurdity froze.

Meanwhile, Eleanor, full of determination, continued to place her order.

- Anywhere will do. I don't even care if it's small. When I get there, I will do my best not to disturb the duke.

Originally, this issue should have been discussed over lunch with Ernst two days ago.

-If you don't like it, you can send me anywhere. I can be useful. I will do my best wherever you send me. Give me a chance. Only one.

She needed permission from the Duke of Mecklin to leave the house. Therefore, Eleanor threw all her pride aside and eagerly asked for it. It would be an unimaginable scene if it happened in the past.

But now she not only threw away her pride, but her face also reflected her despair.

Ernst, however, did not seem to like Eleanor's words. A word escaped her twisted lips.

- Arrogant.

-? ..

Eleanor's face went pale.

When I looked up, I saw Ernest's face, somehow angry. He took a step forward.

-I thought you weren't like that.

Embarrassed, Eleanor stepped back.

However, when Eleanor left, Ernest approached again. Close enough to touch each other's faces, Eleanor moaned involuntarily.

He pushed her morally.

Ernest's blue eyes flashed blue.

- The kind of person I hate the most.

- An upstart who doesn't know his place.

Ernst's words struck Eleanor in the chest.

-At best, you're just a man from a fallen kingdom.

-Your princess's wedding is over. You just have to sit where you are and be true to the role of the lady who tries to save your face. "

Basically, he wants it to be an ornament.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  17. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhhh is the Duke the one in the cover? Interesting.... Will she beat his ass up, have him crawling on ground for forgiveness and then kick him away?

Legnakra and ShugoTenshi like this.
  18. ShugoTenshi

ShugoTenshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Huuum do not know yet, it seems that the author does not speak the descriptions of the duke and duchess on purpose.

But the mother empress wants one more chaperone, that was mentioned in the last chapter and in her description it was said that she has blonde hair with a touch of gray, of course we have to consider the fact that she is 60 years old and that her son, the emperor, may not have the same hair.
    Still, I think ML is more likely to be the emperor.

In fact it has been said several times that the emperor has been alone for a long time even though he is still young, is it or not he is a huge characteristic of mL?

19. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. jimia

jimia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?