LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except Foxaholic translated that chapter too. Which means this new group I Do Hobby is just a sniper and will probably drop it within a few chapters while Foxaholic will keep translating it.

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  2. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. Didn’t see that they did. Well that’s good. I’d prefer Fox does it anyways.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I considered that, but it doesn't really make sense in context. If we're just talking about celestial bodies, then the locals would know that too.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  4. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see a reason as to why locals should know something like this

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long ago in Chinese astrology was it that they started considering them all celestial bodies? At any rate that the sun, stars, and moon are all celestial bodies is not really rocket science that needs deep thinking to figure out.

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was totally expecting him to get that nine yin art.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much plot armor even for the author. Let it marinate for a bit. He doesn't need to level up right this second.

nemery11 and jacobpaige like this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if a continental array would drain the rest of the world of its world qi and bring down the wrath of foreign Legends.

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's pretty good in the raws. but it does get tiring since the MC just slaps them to death every time. after awhile, the plot gets tiring as well, since the mc just keeps on going to stronger and stronger places.

best to collect chapters and just read it all in one shot

the mc never stops understanding the buddha's palm for some odd reason i dont think he ever will.

the novel was originally in the "invincible" genre

mc too stronk

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he hasn't taught his sister any cultivation techniques. Even if her aptitude were trash, he's got more than enough treasures to force the issue.

Inuzuka likes this.
  11. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he hasn't taught his father and brothers better cultivation techniques than they already have, or combat techniques for his brothers since they're both in the army. Even if there's a risk of him influencing their path (or whatever excuse he had to be hands off with his tutoring the kid with the Buddha's Heart), it's unlikely any of them had the potential to get to Legend/Arhat anyway.

jacobpaige likes this.
  12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it this world people seem to have a problem properly mastering whatever they're using in the first place rather than necessarily needing new methods. So he would probably be better off giving them insight. That being said he's obviously hiding his cultivation at this time so there's no real mystery behind the why.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    c101: "If it is possible, who doesn't want to have a child?"

Wasn't it already extremely obvious that their target was the crown prince? The emperor is going to die even if they do nothing, and without the crown prince, the others will tear the empire apart in a civil war, making it extremely easy to invade. It'd be very strange if they were to target anyone else.

C102: Why would they attack as themselves? Wouldn't that just give the empire an excuse to unify itself against them? They want a civil war followed by an invasion led by themselves, not an invasion against themselves that may or may not be followed by a civil war.

Also, why did the MC let anyone on his side die? There was absolutely no reason to.

C103: Why would anyone of rank need to be in the city for the assassination? It would make more sense for them to stay at home. Its not like they're planning a slew of followup assassinations after all.

14. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he was meant lead the people into civil war and create more chaos.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How did that guy get his job as one of the heads of the spy department if he can't even understand that an emperor that takes power with foreign aid will be immensely unpopular and have an extremely hard time holding his throne?

That aside, I wonder if the MC will ever get around to upgrading his sister's jade. Its only in the first grade after all. He's well beyond that at this point.

He wouldn't really be needed for that. The empire was headed that way regardless. A much lower ranked person could easily oversee any steps to encourage things in that direction. There was no need to risk so much of the spy network by sending one of the three leaders.

Of course, if civil war was what they were after, then sending their own people to publicly assassinate the Crown Prince was also a stupid idea, so its probably best to just assume that all the so called political leaders in this world are brain-dead morons.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the MC will wind up gifting the Southern Ming Empire to his sister.

17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mc interactions with his family in this novel are kinda bad

in fact, the whole novel is bad regarding any kind of relationship

tbh this novel is first and foremost a popcorn novel that is not good but really good at making you eat the popcorn just like popcorn movies.

in the previous chapters, the mc talks about his family and it's clear that he does not care about them from the very start

later on it's revealed that they tried to get him back but he still doesn't want to go back cus he wants to sign in at the temple

then it's also revealed at his parents actually love him and sent him to the temple to protect him, but he doesnt have any feelings for them cus he was sent at a young age

BUT, he has feelings for his sister....?

and it's these feelings that made him return to the family and help his sister's husband get the throne...(seems like we're at this part in the TL now)

even in the current up to date chapters (raws), he hardly has any interactions with his parents, but he does help his family get stronger by sharing with them some cultivation techniques.

as for why he does not do it now, it's because they are a martial arts family and they already have suitable techniques. i believe that this was already mentioned.

later on as the continent gets stronger, he helps them practice because the "limit" of the continent gets higher, allowing people to practice easier

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He was 10 not 3. He cares about his family. Just not enough to obstruct his plans by involving them for no reason.

19. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read the earlier chapters. those are the words that the MC used in the raws. he literally said he was too young to have any feelings

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the array reverses time, then couldn't it reverse aging?