Discussion My Childhood Friends are Trying to Kill Me

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mikaa, Mar 24, 2021.

?

Who's going to be ML??

1. Callix Ascard (black)

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Oscar Hraesvelg (silver)

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Griffith Nicaea (brown)ie

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Romeo RoseBelle (blonde)

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. All of them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. FunSmiles

FunSmiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A family tree would be really helpful :blob_plusone:

2. morichigo

morichigo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been eagerly waiting for chapters every day and now that i’ve caught up with the mtl chapters, I really just wanna rant about this (and give a theory)

I legitimately think that we’re closer to the arc where her friends find out about her being Leo than the Imperial family finding out she’s actually a child born between Perseus and Elizabeth. Romeo’s smart, I have a feeling he’d figure it out on his own and confront Relia about it in private but then again she can’t say anything so that makes me worried. Give the girl a break, damn. I feel so bad she has to go through all of this, from her messy biological family, her anxiety about the Superion duchy falling in the near future, and the burden she has to carry for lying to her friends all because of the Golden Curse. I’d think the novel would be much shorter than it should be if Ridios wasn’t a character haha

Also, Theory! I have a feeling Leo might not actually be dead. There is literally NO WAY Ridios kept Leo sheltered all that time in fear of assassins coming for his only heir due to his usurp for the throne, only for a subject of the emperor, a mere count who (probably, very obviously) had malicious intent towards the emperor just sneak in and poison the kid. Either Ridios is really dumb and doesn’t hold trusted servants with him to protect his kid or the count was really good at deceiving him.
    This is gonna sound really dumb but it also makes so much sense. As stated in the novel, the Superion duchy was met with ruin in between the novel and no one ever found out why. The reason why I think Leo is alive is because who ELSE other than Leo would think of ruining the Ducal family that serves directly under (and is literally related) to the imperial family? Leo was obviously a cheeky child. I’d imagine emperor Ridios framing a count and send Leo to a deserted place far away from the Capital so he could fake his son’s death. If Ridios was powerful enough to take the throne from it’s rightful owner, he’s obviously smart enough to atleast EXPECT someone will steal his place and the very first thing they’ll do is target Leo; so he faked his son’s death and sent him away. Based on the original novel and the current novel that holds the timeline Relia is in, My guess is that the Superion family is a leading family within the Military (based on the amount of knights that the Superion family has produced) The first thing i’d probably do in Leo’s perspective is get rid of the Military family and cause chaos among the Duchy. With the leading Military family in shambles and unable to protect the Empire, target 1 is locked down. The fall of the Superion family arc sounded like it happened before the novel ended so after ruining the superion family, and Yurianna and Route got married, i’d think Leo would start a revolt while the Superion family tried mending themselves back together. This might sound like nonsense but I thought about it a lot and it’s the only thing that makes sense in my head hehe

theory 2: The golden curse might not have even worked on Relia because as I said in the spoiler thread, since no one can detect her as an alchemist it’s possible that her soul is not compatible with the natural law of the novel world. I know she only remembers her past life but she still reincarnated as a character in the novel after she wished to live her next life as someone living in Pension Lottery.

that’s all! I’d really like it if we used the discussion thread more! I’m hoping to hear more of everyone else’s take on the scenarios!

3. Fluffy Cacti

Fluffy Cacti A simp for raws

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg that makes sooooo much sense!

You put that theory together and explained it really really well, that honestly makes so much sense, because I was wondering how the Superion Duchy could just “fall” like that....

And another thing that probably helps, if you were wondering why Leo didn’t go for Yuriana first instead, because she’s obviously very important to Perseus and the twins, it’s for the very reason HOW important she is to them.

Remember on the OG novel, it says over and over again how the royal family basically give her everything and spend all their time on her, and Leila mentions in chapter 72 how when it comes to Yuriana their mental state and reactions lack common sense, well they must of been sooooo busy with Yuriana in the OG novel that they didn’t care about the fall of the Superion Duchy.

(You know, the Duchy that Perseus already failed once by letting his wife, their daughter die, and the twins literal blood family.)

Leo probably knew that he could get away with taking them down first as the royals were preoccupied with other matters.

Anyway, if we do get to see Leo again, I can’t wait for the guys to see how much of an assh*le the real Leo is lol

Also, I’d love to theorise more, but I’ve been soooo busy the last two weeks with moving, because I’ve not only moved myself, I’ve also helped move my Grandparents get their own place, and then my Mom and the rest of my siblings siblings get THEIR own place aswell (I have seven siblings lol, all from the same parents, and I’m the second oldest, so they need a lot more help lol)
    and I have no WiFi in my new house, and it’s gonna be another two weeks before my WiFi gets set up, and I have limited mobile data that I have to use for “important” things, so I haven’t been able to chat or theorise much, but I love reading all your guys comments and theories! :blobpats::aww::blob_plusone:

4. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhero:
    I really was wondering why Cedric and Damian weren’t doing anything about their maternal family falling into ruin :notlikeblob: It was like when they found out that Relia was their sister/daughter AFTER she died. They were sad and guilty about it for like 2 seconds and when Yurianna came suddenly everything felt better?? I dont know about you but I probably would’ve smacked her in the face if she tried calming me down and keep my attention on her if I found out the person I was bullying is actually my sister :blobhero:

I hope you get settled down soon! I’d love to hear your theories as well! Thank you for mtl’ing this novel even though you’ve been super busy :aww::blobmelt:

5. FunSmiles

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, that makes a lot of sense :hmm:

Fluffy Cacti and morichigo like this.
  6. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    In the recent chapter (74) i’m starting to get a bad feeling about this. I’m really happy that it’s /that/ easy but at the same time there’s just no way it’s THAT easy, right? Either A) it’s pretty easy to get rid of her curse but the problem is how she’s gonna make her friends believe her or B) it’s not that easy and there’s a loophole to what the pension game said and something bad happens and she di*s. IM REALLY EAGER TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT !!

Also! I’m working on a family tree (It’s inspired by @Mikaa ’s family tree but i’ll try making it clearer. Since not a lot of people go to this discussion thread, i’ll be posting it on the spoiler thread so stay tuned~) edit: I posted the family tree, although it’s a link and not a direct image

i’m also thinking of writing a summary/timeline once we get to a climax in the story because honestly I need to collect my thought process on all of this hahaha

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Mikaa, Fluffy Cacti and FunSmiles like this.
  7. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    IM BACK WITH A THEORY!! Thank you to @Fluffy Cacti for pointing something out that I never even took the time to think about lol

So, I said before that there might be a possibility that Leo’s alive because of the sudden fall of the Superion Dukedom right? But Cacti mentioned that the temple is really sketchy and might be the final boss of this novel and it got me thinking...

Since the temple has a lot of dirt on the imperial families of each empire, who’s not to say that they don’t have dirt on other families affiliated with them either? I have a gut feeling they found out about Elizabeth’s like for alchemy. Since Elizabeth is from a powerful leading family in the Auralia Empire, the temple must have thought “We don’t know who else might be practicing Alchemy and going against the power of Kreutz so why not just ruin this whole family just to be sure?”

It was mentioned that the temple is something that literally branches the whole continent and keeping them from war with each other, so they obviously have influence over everyone. Absolutely NO ONE would bat an eye or even suspect the temple for being behind the fall of the Superion Duchy. Even if they found out, who the hell would side with the Duchy anyways? They’re the ones at loss either way because they had Elizabeth studying alchemy. This also makes sense as to why emperor Perseus never said anything about the temple doing bounty hunts for alchemists in his land because HE KNOWS the moment he tries “defending” alchemists and stop unnecessary slaughter of potentially innocent people then he’ll be suspected of hiding something and he could lose his standing + end up in war between the four other empires AND the temple.

that’s all :O tell me what u think about this cuz it’s very plausible!

8. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg that makes complete sense, and the temple has the power to make the Superion Duchy disappear off the face of the earth...
    They would definitely feel threatened if one of the leading families of one of the empires are secretly alchemists....

Also, I want to know your thoughts on this, it has been bothering me since I first translated it, but what do you think about Leila’s Aunt’s (I forgot her name lol) husband....

He’s hella, hella sus if you ask me...

Like Leila’s met her uncles wife and children, but she’s never seen her Aunt’s husband, even after travelling with him for over two weeks...
    Is he even a real person? Is he an alchemist himself? The family would probably let Leila meet him if he was because she’s also an alchemist, so I doubt he is...

But the Leila’s Grandparents and uncles surely must of met him, there’s no way they wouldn’t meet him if he was marrying into the family, but why are they hiding him?

Supposedly he works in the capital, but they were so rushed when they got to the capital they couldn’t even make sure Leila was alright, and Leila’s aunt didn’t even go to her nephews celebration banquet after they came back from fighting a literal dragon (the twins didn’t actually fight the dragon but you know what I mean)....

And the way Leila described how her Aunt and her Aunt’s personal maid would just go in and out her uncle in law’s carriage just seemed hella sus to me, and no matter how long I’ve waited or how long I’ve thought, I still can’t come up with a theory and I don’t know why it bothers me so much lol....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    FunSmiles likes this.
  9. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear you never miss with the minor details. Honestly, I always had a feeling something was going on with her Aunt. Not because she was a bitch when she first appeared but because she gives me overall very off-putting vibes. Did you notice how when Leila first appeared her Aunt kept mentioning how she wasn’t the closest with Elizabeth? Like that information just kept being mentioned by her and I found it hella weird. It could be just a small detail that doesn’t mean anything but her Aunt has always gave me weird vibes, and now that you mention it; her husband and the people who work under her aunt sounds really off-putting too. I’d imagine her husband being a business-man of some sort since you mentioned that he works in the capital and Leila’s Aunt was in a hurry to meet / go with him.

It sounds to me like they’re doing some shady business (Or the husband at least, even though i’m highly suspicious of her Aunt she’s been treating Leila really well so I kind of doubt that she’d try to hurt her in any way.) based on a lot of novels i’ve read, the busiest businesses are almost ALWAYS related to underground criminal activity lol. There’s just no way her husband has a business set up where it’s really busy (like a clothing line for example) they could have just sent more employees to fix the situation but her Aunt had to go deal with it herself??

Here’s what I think; Her husband is doing some shady business that may or may not be affiliated with the Superion Family (since they’re a leading family they’re bound to have some some underground work happening here and there to keep the state of the imperial city and the royal family in check.) Since the Aunt obviously knows about this, she’s an accomplice with whatever her husband is doing and her maid probably works under her husband but is “hired” and disguised as a maid so she could relay information to the Aunt.

this was just a hunch, It could also be that this isn’t something to worry about but I tried coming up with something that could make sense :blobpensive:

Wait, I completely missed out this minor detail but you mentioned that her aunt and the maid kept going in and out of the carriage and they had an emergency to take care of in the capital? They could have been plotting something...and my guess is succession rights. I know i’ve been putting out too much possible outcomes on how the Superion Duchy fell but I completely forgot about something I actually found hella weird. Leila mentioned how everyone in the superion duchy from the direct family died but her Aunt’s name was never mentioned. I assume the duchess died as well but it doesn’t make sense how one could want to destroy the Superion Duchy without killing EVERYONE off. It’s SUPER SUPER suspicious how the Aunt is the only one who “left unscathed” or was never mentioned to be part of the conflict with these unknown forces at all. Since she is the youngest in the family she’s the one that gets the least amount of privilege in the family. What if she had to set up a “business” with her Husband and uses that as a gateway to go away and plot the downfall of the Dukedom? SOUNDS PRETTY SUS TO ME NGLLLL

10. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, the Duchy MUST have some deep family secrets lol...

It’s obviously hard to actually guess what’s going on, and like you said, it could be absolutely nothing, but just the way they mentioned this stuff when they didn’t need to at all is what makes me suspicious,
    Some sus quotes:
    Like it just makes me wonder WHY those sentences were added... like Leila herself was thinking stuff was sus, but she ended up brushing it off, but for some reason I feel like it was put there on purpose...

Don’t know lol...

Also, he had a skin disease? So he can’t meet his niece who he’s travelling with but he can meet fellow business men from the capital and do work in the capital? SUS!

Again it could be absolutely nothing lol, but this IS the discussion thread, where we can discuss about anything and everything about the novel, and there’s pitifully little discussion going on, so discuss we shall lol

On another note, I read every update Rain of snow uploads, (love their translations), but I noticed something as I was reading, there seems to be some different lines from the Mtl we have in the spoiler section, and the properly translated one. It’s only several sentences, and I know the Mtl isn’t very accurate, but there is genuinely some things that are completely different from each other...

It’s nothing big, but I just thought that maybe the Author went back and re-did some lines or something, because the actual translated version came out a lot later than the Mtl version... I like it that there’s more content now though!

Also, it’s so much nicer reading Rain of snow’s tl, I love reading the kids antics in readable English lol:blobpopcorn_cool::blobicecreamlove:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    FunSmiles and morichigo like this.
  11. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    Rain of snow doing god’s work tbh!! Also yeah, I noticed that some of the content changed lol I hope the mtl isn’t completely wrong or it’ll eff up a lot of things in the novel TT

FunSmiles and Fluffy Cacti like this.
  12. LRodOwnz

LRodOwnz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was curious if anybody thought of the implications of Yuriana's wish in the original novel.

In this world, the “divine relics” of the temple were known to fulfill any wish.

Not all relics have such powers, but the relics that Yurina obtains have such powers to some extent.

'It was said that if you turn the second hand of the clock under the moonlight, the relics will make your wish come true at that moment.'

In the original work, Yuri-ah, when I didn't know that fact, she fulfilled her unconscious wish at the door, and that was the “Happy Family”.

To be in harmony with her family was Yuria's deep hope that was situated in my unconsciousness.

The half relics fulfilled Yurina's wish.

Perseus originally got over Lelia's death just by Yuriana comforting him. I think it had something to do with Yuriana's wish, especially if you look at how Perseus grieves over Elizabeth. In a way I consider it brain washing.

13. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    AYO I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS??? That makes me really uncomfortable to think about cuz she was so desperate for a happy family that when her wishes were fulfilled they got over their long lost daughter/sister’s death so easily just from the comfort of Yurianna. It’s f*cked up to think about lmao

14. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    So Yuriana the real uncouscious Villain of the 1st ark??
    Since if Relia will join the fam,, she will not be the only daughter,, and they will not fawn over her like they used to, since didn't the emperor doted on her becc he felt grief from not being able to save his daughter n wife,, but if the daughter is alive he lost half of his reason to dote on the b!tchh,,:blobhyperthink:

Fluffy Cacti, FunSmiles and morichigo like this.
  15. morichigo

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Perseus and the twins genuinely love her but their love came from guilt about not being able to protect Elizabeth and Leila who they assume is dead. I don’t think Leila would ever be comfortable with calling them a family because she herself said that she resented and hated them for what they did to her. Like, even if she really was the daughter of Princess Iris you have no reason to neglect and abuse a child like that. Notice how they literally didn’t care to look for her anymore and just left her alone after they found out that she ran away KNOWING FULL WELL she didn’t have anything to eat, nothing to help her survive. I don’t imagine Yurianna as the unconscious villain but I do think she’d 100% be bothersome for Leila once she’s revealed as the real Princess

16. FunSmiles

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof, that would explain why they are so crazy for her. Spoiling due to grief and a relic, not a good combo.

But, that doesn't excuse their actions towards Leila.:blobangery:

17. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, i know,,
    It was just a theory:blobsweat_2:
    But Yuriana would still feel bad that they also will (probably) giving their attention to MC,, so she will feel rlly jealous etc. and will be bothersome as fucc....

18. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Helo,, i forgot to post this:
    Another fanart skech that i practically forgot about,,, :blobjoy::blobsweat_2: but i quess i won't finish it,, too much work....:blobsleeping:
    I remember that I was rlly inspired after seeing @Fluffy Cacti's fanart so i started drawing the nex day :blobhero: thank you very much, Cacti:notworthy:

Btw its Callix & Relia:blobpopcorn:
    Link: https://twitter.com/Mikaa86824729/status/1392240601727311875?s=19
    (I got some problems w/ Callix blindfold, so i didn't showed it)

And a lil sneak peak/preview:blobpeek:
    IMG_20210512_113428.png
    (Doesn't matter that i have a lineart for them finished,, xD
    But i won't post the lineart, cause there's still a slight chance that i will finish this skech..)

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  19. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I love that so much!!! That is literally soooo cute like what?! :aww::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: Also your art skills are literally amazing :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blobnosebleed:

Hold on imma need to go imagine scenarios about that picture right now lol:blobnosebleed::blobpeek:

Mikaa likes this.
  20. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh,, i forgot to mention:

He is not sleeping,
    just eyes closed :blobpeek:

And thankyou verymuch:blobmelt::blobsalute::oops:

Fluffy Cacti likes this.