Spoiler The Way to Protect the Female Lead's Older Brother/여주인공의 오빠를 지키는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by GolgoGolgo, Jan 31, 2021.

1. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone else in Cassis's family know that Roxanna helped him?

What was the first conversation post reunion like?

2. TheReadeeer

TheReadeeer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I read that even though they’re together they didn’t get married nor had a child. Maybe the spoiler I read was wrong

3. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand he told his parents and his sister about Roxana. His family seems to love her and they are grateful for her saving him. Sylvia seems to take Roxana as an older sister figure but that's all I could figure out.

You're right, they don't get married or have children and they are sort of in a long-distance relationship by the end of the series. They are very much together though and they seem happy with things. The author apparently has also confirmed some vague details of what their children might be like hypothetically but it seems there are no plans to write about that as of now.

4. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could also interpret it as the story ending that way with Roxana busy rebuilding and healing with the rest of the Agriche. Afterall, Roxana and Cassius aren't even that old yet and some authors like to leave open endings so readers are free to imagine what they want to imagine (it also helps by making most readers happy - not upsetting fans of alternate and/or niche ships).

5. Crystal_knight

Crystal_knight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay after reading manhwa till chp 30 and reading some spoiler pages, i finally reached here!
    I'm surprised people are more into Dion ( he is way too handsome but i just like him as average character) than Cassius?
    I'm shipping CassiusxRoxie and can't wait to see Cassius looks after 3 years
    Also did Roxie actually kiss any of her siblings or other guys in order to seduce them? I hope she didn't.

6. KOSHIAN

KOSHIAN Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I've read, Roxana has never kissed any man other than Cassis.
    She has been forcibly kissed by some men, but those men who have carelessly assaulted her have been died or nearly died by her poison.

Then, maybe the reason why many readers are more attracted to Dion than Cassis is because the author herself loves the character Dion very much, and has more feelings for Dion than Cassis.
    The adaptor and the webtoon artist seem to take this essence into account when they comicalize the story.
    This is my impression after reading the novel and SS.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  7. loafsenpai

loafsenpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with your sentiment. It appears, from the translations of the novel, that the character and development of Dion is much more fleshed out than Cassis. There is more dimension to Dion. I feel like Cassis exists more as an antithesis to Dion and is more of a side character/love interest for Roxana. It's similar to what Leo Tolstoy said, "“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” Dion is so so much more complex and you can see that his environment really shaped him. Unlike Roxana who chose to remain more human, Dion chose to adapt in a way that led to him becoming cold, emotionless, sadistic (or masochist?) in the way he interacts with Roxana, doesn't form his own ethical code and merely does what he is ordered without much regard to the consequences, etc. Cassis, on the other hand, merely possesses all the similar qualities of a "hero" and is a fairly predictable character.

8. Crystal_knight

Crystal_knight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoiler
    That's make sense, as his character is kind of attractive and i'm really looking forward to know more about his character but for now i just remember Roxie statement about how much she hate him and i can't seems to digest the fact he killed his half siblings so for this reason i can't seems to like him although i know his lunatic psycho dad is the biggest culprit here

9. megane_chan

megane_chan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter in the novel is chapter 30 of the manhwa ?

10. Regyne83

Regyne83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 30 manhwa = chapter 55 - 56 of novel

megane_chan likes this.
  11. Mxnhwa

Mxnhwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply! I don’t mind it being late at all:blobpats:.

The first time they saw each other will actually be in a couple more chapters of the manhwa!! So the first time they see each other, well more like Cassis does because he was covered in the shadows so Roxana didn’t see him and thought it was Dion, but anyways Cassis puts his coat on Roxana since she’s outside and then leaves. Then, the next time is when they’re in a gathering with all the families. The Fedelians enter and everyone saw Cassis but he was looking straight at her. Later, she’s alone with Dion when he finally arrives at the neutral space and Cassis interupts them. They just greet each other since they’re in public and he gives her his coat again. The first real conversation they have is after the fall of Agriche. After Roxana left the property she didn’t know where to go and she suddenly was abt to faint but Cassis found her. When she woke up they were on their way back to Fedelian. She told him she was thinking of dying peacefully or something since the poison in her body will kill her soon. So Cassis told her to give him her remaining time left. I went to much on detail there with their moments after 3 years but....:blobpeek:

12. loafsenpai

Reading List:
    Link
    It was honestly such a beautiful confession.
    Basically, he said something along the lines of, "If you don't have anywhere to go, why don't you give me your remaining time?"

13. usagi - chan

usagi - chan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While most of all are curious abt Dion x Roxanna, I'm more curious abt that AU where Cassis became an Agriche and Roxanna became a Pedelian. If someone know or read it, can you please spoil it for us:aww::aww::aww:

14. atropadn

atropadn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    will jeremy have some kind of relationship with sylvia? in og novel he used to be obsessed with her. what about the current timeline? ;__;

Regyne83 likes this.
  15. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try to break down everything I've gathered from mtls but if someone knows better please correct me.

In the current timeline, he's too busy being obsessed over Roxana lol. More seriously though, he immediately has a bad impression of Sylvia due to her resembling Cassis, and likewise, she hates Jeremy and all of his family (except Roxana) for being involved in kidnapping her brother. They come to slightly less aggressive terms sometime after Lant dies and Jeremy takes over the Black Agriche but then they proceed to argue over who is closer to Roxana like little brats lol. It was actually pretty funny imo. Roxana does keep saying that they are similar, I guess it's the whole clingy younger sibling thing, and she thinks they are both very cute.

But yeah the scene I mentioned with them arguing is like one of the only two times they interact in the whole novel so I wouldn't hold any hopes on something developing there. And Jeremy's hate for Cassis continues into the side stories so I just don't think things will go over well given that.

There is one kind of throw-away line of description which says they look very good together because apparently Jeremy has taken to wearing outfits with some amount of blue to match his eyes and she also wears a lot of blue since it's her family's color. It's honestly a bit odd to read because really nothing ever comes of it?

In fact, neither of the convos between the two of them hold much weight plotwise, it's mostly just to show that Jeremy is trying to make an effort to change the reputation of the family because after Lant died they've been not as well respected by the other families. He seems to have only picked Sylvia to talk to because he knows at that point that Roxana saved Cassis so he hoped Sylvia would be slightly more open to giving them a chance. His options weren't great anyways iirc, he's got some beef with the red family kid, Orca Hyperion is hella weird, and the last dude is the one who made the Nyx doll.

In the og novel, I think the guy from the red family, Ryuzak Gastor, is endgame with Sylvia. Idk about this version of the timeline though, she doesn't seem to get very close to anyone.

16. Ladiabla

Ladiabla Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm so can you tell me in some kind of code where you read this novel at?? I searched far and low

Can you tell me some kind of code where you read the novel at???

boom2424 likes this.
  17. loafsenpai

Reading List:
    Link
    It was from a link someone posted in this thread a long time ago.

18. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does this mean its just weird obsession and nowhere close to romantic feelings? i saw someone said this in page 14
    "Roxana's mother, Sierra is alive and safe. Roxana's maid, Emily, helped her mother safely leave Agriche under Roxana's commands. She stayed at a comfortable place with her maid Beth and Emily. Soon, Dion's mother, the third wife Maria (she's kind of obsessed with Sierra and likes her) was searching for her everywhere and eventually found her. I think they stay at the same place together. Roxana entrusts Maria with Sierra because Maria is strong and will always protect her."
    so i thought they ended up being lovers or something like that.

19. loafsenpai

Reading List:
    Link
    It seemed like Maria was more obsessed with Sierra's beauty, like how she is with Roxana's. If you notice, Maria does torture her playthings extremely, but always makes the effort to doll them up. Maria seems to like pretty things.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    beazacha and Creolenerd like this.