Spoiler Blinded by the Setting Sun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Khloud2003, Jun 17, 2020.

1. SkyPoseidon

SkyPoseidon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For everyone asking, there is no novel for it since it's a webtoon.

LunadeSelene likes this.
  2. Undramun

Undramun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm here to let to complain, XP actually i only have one complain and it's .......The MC he's so.........lame i see zero resolution regarding his goals.......and he's so damn friendly , if this was an otome he would be the damcel is destress the annoying one at that , well the rest of the characters are good , really good to TBH he's the only one that I'm dissatisfied , just wanted to vent a little

3. kittykizzy

kittykizzy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not a spoiler, just speculation because as an avid drama lover, plots like this are easy to suspect after so many years of watching and reading this kind of content.

I believe that FL's lost memories have something to do with ML's parents. Perhaps when she ran away or got lost all those years ago, she encountered his parents and they took care of her. Not sure if this was when ML was still living with his parents or when he was living with his uncle or other villagers and once the King found FL's whereabouts and ML's parents who were taking care of her, killed them off because they probably knew of her identity or something. This murder was covered up by the King and the Northerners who believed the Sun Witch, aka FL, killed ML's parents. Or perhaps, she did kill them but doesn't remember because of trauma or something. Either way, the missing memories from all those years ago that FL mentioned or the incident when FL went missing might have something to do with ML and his parents.

4. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Any new spoilers, was it shown in the raws when did Kaia meet the parents or how did the parents die? Or is the translation up to date with the raws?

5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the king in the end, he seems annoying and paranoid from the way he constantly tries to restrain Kaia and keeping watch on her.
    Hope she finds a place to belong and gets happy :aww:. Or else I'm a drop this lol, struggles are great for character development but it's sad when they don't earn anything after facing the obstacles

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  8. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 39, seems like accidentally hugging Kaia from behind (from chapter 38) left a deep impact on MC. He dreamt of him hugging her again and was very flustered about it later when he woke up. He met Kaia and the little sister planting seeds in the garden and he tries to cool down and act normal but still couldn't help but look at Kaia. It's like she's glowing in his eyes. Little sister noticed he's catching feelings though.

Hiura, Mikaa, syofiaa and 5 others like this.
  9. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope they murder the king. I hate him.
    Yeah. I'm dropping this. I will come back in a year if I remember, and if the characters haven't gotten smarter or Kaia hasn't revealed she is the sun witch yet, well, then I will be speechless.. The ML is so dumb and immature it's not funny. I only read it for Kaia because I like strong female protagonists.

bleedingliar24 and Toasty_Minzy like this.
  10. Runaway Tart

Runaway Tart New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The old lady is the mother of Ines, a soldier who fought alongside the Sun Witch at war. She died on the final battle against the Northerners. The old lady told Kaia that she wants her daughter back. She then asked her to leave because she resents her, the Sun Witch. She left, probably feeling guilty about the lives that were lost at war, and she bumped with Elkin.

bleedingliar24, syofiaa and SamSam like this.
  11. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I dropped this pretty early on because I don’t like stories that paint imperialism in a positive light. That being said, I want to know if I just rushed to conclusions on my own, so could someone clear some things up for me?

This is what I could grasp from the first few chapters and the spoilers thread:
    - The FL’s country invaded other countries for basically no valid reason
    -The FL was their greatest weapon, and would kill thousands of people who were just trying to defend their country from invaders using her powers (was she under mind control, or did she do it of her own volition?)
    -FL killed ML’s parents and their entire village, presumably full of innocent people?

If these are wrong, I’ll probably pick it up again, but I really need to know if I’m going to stumble onto something that repulses me or not.

bleedingliar24 and Mikaa like this.
  12. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    There's like 40 something chapters currently in the raws I believe, but even at this point I think it's hard to answer all of your questions with a definite answer.

From what I've read of the translated chapters (English) so far, imperialism is touched upon but I don't think they're showing it in a positive light. Right now, it seems like there may not be a valid reason for the invasion of other countries besides greediness and obtaining power for the king. There may be other reasons but we're still learning new information every week about what the king really wants and what the real plan is behind all of this.

- I'd say your first assumption is mostly right.
    - Your second assumption is a yes and no. FL did fight in the war and the Northerners (aka ML countrymen) did fight back because it was an invasion. She wasn't killing people from the north because they were defending themselves though; it's just that they were on the opposite side. I think the leading theory from what the story has shown us thus far is that FL was manhandled/blackmailed/forced into participating in the war and killing more people than she would've liked. Or that she was just being used and manipulated into it (after all, she's just a citizen of the kingdom even if she has the sun blessing). No mind control as far as I'm aware...
    - Right now, it's only assumed that she killed the ML's parents and the village (or those other warriors from the war did it). We only know that the ML looks familiar to her and that he thinks the sun warrior killed his parents. Not much more than that.

I recommend that you get back into it. I also don't like stories that show imperialism in a positive light but I think this story has done a good job so far of showing the negative effects and consequences that come from imperializing other nations. The art is pretty, the story is so compelling, and I think this is a seriously underrated manhwa.

13. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg!!! This is finally getting an English translation. Webtoon put it under the new title: The Spark in Your Eyes. Tagline: (Can he cure the incurable?)

14. Mifried

Mifried Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a spoiler
    was re reading in webt00n and in ch1, we see that while having seizures,FL remembered a scene with a northerner. Even though northerners are similar, I'll take a wild guess and say that was MC's father. His parents might have helped her (they were great herbalists) and when their village discovered that, they tried to attack her so
    • 1, the village killed by accident trying to reach FL and FL took the blame in a certain way, either she killed everyone there and MC saw her or the village put the blame onto her
    • 2,FL didn't realise MC's parents were trying to help her and killed them. She was in a bad state, waking up in the enemy place and seeing a sudden attack lead her to act before thinking.
    She doesn't seem to remember much of her memories of the past, so Idk with theory is more likely to be, I'd say the 2nd one seems more likely since the story is kind of a tragedy, killing the parents of your beloved one, making him go through many hardships, is heartbreaking to think but since there was a war, she was a killing machine, it seems likely

15. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
  16. zenn114

zenn114 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im thinking about dropping this manhwa bcs its already at the 60ch(?) but we dont know anything at all, like the main plot is not even progressing. We still don't know why Kaia at the war is like a killing machine yet with Elkin and the other now she's like a really cool and nice Female Main Character, abt her seizure now too. We also dont know anything abt the things that going on with Kaia and Elkin's parents at the past war. All of that is also what Elkin has been searching for but as the story goes on, its not even progressing. I had my hopes up when the witch attack and give Elkin proposal and after that Griselda confronted Elkin abt it but Elkin didnt even say anything at all and keep being silent...

Is this manhwa has a novel or something? If it has, can someone give me some spoiler? I mean i can drop this anytime but the story has a really big potential and its too good to be dropped now

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  17. Undramun

Undramun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So currently at chapter 70 of the manhaw and my thoughts about it (again) is the same I'm incredibly bored and annoyed by everyone in that history , i can't relate nor care about the background of the fml or ml and yes finally they are telling the past of the FML and i just stopped caring , ml is a giant pussy like literally he has no purpose according to new information , the only reason I kind of liked him was , he didn't had straight hair and his hair wasn't dark as night or white as heaven and he wasn't described in every chapter as "the most beautiful being in existence whit porcelain skin" kind of tired of that description for mens in Chinese and Korean novels , but he's a living pussy , that's just worse .
    And the FML? If she where a men , ffs she just a gender bender version of a male lead in a tragical Chinese novel , I'm dropping this , sorry for the rant and the bad English XP

18. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Before that, would you actually spoil us what had happened so far, in bullet point works too. What's the past, did ML find her who she is and so on and so forth.

19. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand just what happened to the prisoner, Triana? And they told her in ch 74?

20. shashasha

shashasha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me where to read this legally?