Recommendations Futuristic Isekai

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SubhanBihan, Apr 30, 2021.

1. SubhanBihan

SubhanBihan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been on my mind for a long time. These days, all the authors stick to the medieval world w/ swords and magic setting. There may be some gimmicks (like reincarnating as a dung beetle or kettle, magic having accompanying downsides, the world is at peace), but the basic premise is always the same. Why can't authors go beyond this template? Why am I not seeing any isekai where the MC is transferred to some futuristic cyberpunk world with a technological level much higher than our Earth? Is it cuz the authors can no longer write about their mayo and gunpowder with that setting?

Rant aside, is there actually any novel (LN, WN, whichever) with the premise I've described? Note that I'm not just asking for a future setting - someone needs to be ISEKAIed to one.

2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You must not have been searching all that hard for it then.

Strongest Interstellar Commander ( mtl got a lot farther than tl because tl of it just started recently. The title of mtl is of course, borked, so there it's Starcraft's Strongest Commander). MC is reborn in body several years before it started and has no memories of times before his arrival.

Wanna know the difference? Magic is replaced by sci fi gadgets and systems, and mayo and gunpowder by black tech like artofical gravity generators, ftl engines,...

Reack, SubhanBihan and anon like this.
  3. magecraft_unleashed

magecraft_unleashed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OverlordPotato, Reack and SubhanBihan like this.
  6. SubhanBihan

SubhanBihan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a few novels like that (e.g. Evil lord of Intergalactic Empire), but they all have the same 'feel' as the medieval isekais. But I hadn't come across this one yet. Will give it a try, thanks!

7. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As for myself, it was refreshing to run into future cliches.

There is an idea for an MC to isekai/transmigrate (not much difference) into a world so similar to home they thought they were getting a Do Over chance ( basically thinking it was just returning to their youth) and only figuring out this all can't be home because a major thing is different.

It's the idea martial arts are a widely appreciated field, very well developed and more powerful than even the wildest of wuxia wet dreams should you be persistent and talented enough. The reason is always some threat held behind a curtain for the wider populace, but very well known for hogher ups people.

Here's one by author Cuttlefish ( same guy as Lord of Mysteries, Embers Ad Infinitum,....). Just as a sample.

Martial Arts Master

Edit: @SubhanBihan , I should add its modern times, early 00's to just a bit futuristic from current 2021 depending on writer taste, both kinds of authors ( there are already copycats) use 20XX.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    SubhanBihan likes this.