Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll erase that from this place then...

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect that Japan's situation is in part a result of the lost decade. Their economy was in horrible trouble and they likely ended up forming a culture of working even harder to get out of that mess - until it completely took over their lives.

Those self sacrificing tendencies... Not always a good thing.

Dads always working and never being there may also have contributed to the whole herbivore men situation with some 60% of men 20-30 identifying as such.

blaisemNU likes this.
  3. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the Living Conditions do matter a lot. But you know, it is wrong.

4. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, Hell was ruled by 33 great demons right?
    I kind 'a read Ars Goetia and, what are the odds that Hell has a seer demon? Prince Orobas, the horse dude was said to be able to speak the truth of the past, present and the future. Wonder when we're going to see more of Ars Goetia demons...

5. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The US spanked them for becoming too powerful a challenger, and this is their fate.

Survival is critical. But sometimes, the cost is really high - especially if you want to try and save everyone.

It's also just not always easy to see what the consequences of your choices will be (and people in government are usually no more brilliant than everyone else). The Japanese thought they could handle the implications of things like the Plaza Accord. They thought wrong. There were too many complications as large companies started to fail, and the government tried to bail them out, and people worked harder to keep their jobs and the jobs of their friends, etc.

And now they're in even more trouble because the number of people getting older exceeds the number of children being born - increasing the economic / tax burden on the young for taking care of those older people... Which means that culturally, they can't afford to start working less or everything will break down.

This is ultimately an example of how being nice and agreeable isn't the best idea when the people you're dealing with aren't all that nice themselves.

As it is, unless their investment in AI and robots ends up saving them, they're pretty much doomed.

-

Although that's not really the kind of topic that should be discussed here.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    LayZhang and LordDanny like this.
  6. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you just can't everyone interest thats it people actually can save everyone but in war where interest get to the peak it's necessary to destroy some to make a demand or make enemy give up

7. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the OG guild say Coke is slighter stronger than Oasis, does that include his 70K army swordsmanship?

I presume Oasis can stack 10K all the way through to 70K skills with various CC effects and has the infinite stamina passive during major wars or prolonged conflict.

I wonder if Grid will curb stomp him as the last boss in the Undefeated King class quest assuming Basara asks for his help to reclaim Lubana. Although I suppose that doesn't matter seeing as the quest was to stop the red knights until the first knight arrived.

From a legend/status POV that is huge, your legend starts by defeating most of the empire's elites, and then you immediately get your world message debut by defeating the first knight.

8. Yggdrassil

Yggdrassil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like faker got the cojones to confront both pauld and agnus by bringing the whole eclipse.
    Legendary Great magician and assassin type necromancer +
    Both legendary liches; if agnus killed and obtains some of eclipse the O.G is fucked both intel and tactics.

LayZhang, MK bk-201 and blaisemNU like this.
  9. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Pauld (Pould) was not legendary great magician, he failed in life but he did accomplish feat none had ever succeeded, He produce an artifact that could slightly reverse engineer the process of Lich if I recall it correct and even knew the herbs from East continent.

LayZhang and Yggdrassil like this.
  10. Yggdrassil

Yggdrassil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But still he's still on par with one at the very least because he does have an intact soul retaining all his knowledge and skills and as an artificier he'll become one. Pauld is as high as mumud in threat as a lich so yeah.

11. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    Although, he doesn't have the Potential to become the [Legendary Great Magician], but I am still amazed at how he hasn't become a Legendary Artisan/Accessories Maker/Artificer yet?! Maybe because his Absurd Artifacts and Fame aren't widespread, thus he hasn't become a Legend yet?

I would like if he becomes a Legend.

Yggdrassil likes this.
  12. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, I think back when Siren was still not his territory, Braham commented that Pauld was quite ironic for his achievement that were unrecognized, even with the ring of absurdity...
    Now that Jude have come to manhwas, wonder what it'll be the reaction of Euphemina when she was forced to fight looking at him later...

13. ShadsterWolf

ShadsterWolf [ God Grid's Apostle ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he was killed off when he was a teen or something? I mean that would explain his lich body being small

14. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, that would be Absurd. A Child being a Great Magician and Pinnacle of Accessories Craftsman is Absurd. If it is true, then his Potential should have been comparable to Lord. This is simply not the case as he is described to be the Eternal Second of Braham. He doesn't have the Potential to become a Legendary Great Magician, thus he couldn't have had that kind of 'Rapid Growth'.

He might have resurrected in someone else's body. Who is going to stop him?

15. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason he never got the chance to be acknowledged by the people was because his low self-esteem and his desire to see the future, that... well, the guy turns himself into a lich to preserve his soul. I guess...

16. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like Braham would be the right person to kill Pauld.

17. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    QQ: Does Pauld still considers Braham as a rival? Cuz if he did, well same as asking a mountain to bow only to get smashed by boulders

18. MK bk-201

MK bk-201 [God of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like for Grid to somehow get Pauld as a subordinate, so he could teach Elizabeth to make better accesories and make some stuff for Grid

Yggdrassil and LordKarsus like this.
  19. MK bk-201

MK bk-201 [God of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isnt Grid able to raid a dragon using "request to stand with me" borrowing Kraugel "heart sword", using divinity and God command plus "storm of fire god" he can do 10% of his current health till it he is about to die and use 100k massacre sword with falling moon sword, of couse highly improbable to work since the dragon would just shoot breath at him or destroy his mental world, but nice to wonder

20. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened at the end here? A death knight stabbed Faker's heart? Did Faker get Pauld or no?