Resolved Dark/sad BG novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Deleted member 343051, Apr 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    They can have one-sided love, abusive lover/charecters, suicide/suicidal thoughts ,bullying or other things that i couldnt think of
    BG means hetero romance
    Edit: No one?:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
    Maybe i was too precise then just recommend me some sad/dark bg novels:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2021
  2. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are a mix of bg, bl , and gl. I labeled them at the end in bold. I hope you enjoy!
    Guide To Raising the Sick Villain, from the synopsis this one seems very sweet and it is in the beginning, but the ML starts to act very possessive later in. He doesn't allow the MC to have any friends and tries to keep her all for herself. You have to read a while to get there though so you might not like this one (bg)
    I’m the Most Tragic White Moonlight Supporting Female Character ..., this is very sad imo. A transmigrater took over the MCs body for a few years and when she finally got it back after the transmigrater had had her ways with it doing all sorts of terrible things to her family no one will believe that it's her. It's not so much dark but I think you will like it (bg)
    Reincarnation - Lord is Extremely Hardcore, this is extremely dark! Don't judge the title, this is one of my favourite novels. The MC has a very twisted personality- killing and making any and all enemies into dolls, the two brothers both participate in incest (towards the sister, the MC) which she manipulates, the parents are both negligent in raising their children unless it will benefit their reputation in some way, the ML is OCD and only holds interest towards psychopaths, and many supporting characters have their own quirks. You might think that's a bit much for one novel but the author is able to write it so that it makes sense for so many mentally disturbed characters to be in one place.
    The Abandoned Empress, this one isn't written very well imo but the MC does have PTSD from her past life and one of the main side characters is extremely possessive towards her. (bg)
    A Hundred Ways To Kill A Heartthrob, this one can be dark depending on how you look at it. The MC has to kill his lover at the end of every arc- which is a nice twist to the normal plot of having to make them fall in love (bl)
    Beastman Forcefully Raising a Wife, this one is very dark in the beginning but there is a HE (bl)
    Need to Propose to Seven Men What to Do!, this one was very dark for me. The MC does plan everything out but the POV makes it very easy to forget that fact so you don't remember that actually everything was manipulated to turn out this way. (bl)
    Sea Monster Alliance, I think this one falls into the dark category. The novel goes on during the apocalypse and the way the author gives logic for everything so it makes sense is amazing. The MC has aspergers syndrome and is captured by the ML to live underwater with him. I haven't read past what's currently translated so I don't know for sure but I do think that it's a HE (bl)
    Stimulating To Be Raised By A Virtual Lover, the MLs past in this one is very sad but the interactions with the MC have enough comedy to balance it out (bl)
    The Man Who Was Buried Alive by Me, this one is very dark and sad. The MC is pretty normal but the ML has split personality disorder and suffered through abuse as a child (bl)
    Turns Out I’m Crazy, this one is very dark. The author put a twist and now the MC loves himself more than anything (which is a lot less weird than it sounds, I promise) and the way he portrays the character is amazing. Also there is a lot of stockholm syndrome but the MC knows the Ml is doing it, since he is the ML. I'm not explaining it well... you'll have to read it yourself (bl)
    Who Moved My Ashes, in this one the MC thinks the ML hates her but it turns out that she's actualy madly in love with her. To a psychotic degree. It's interesting (gl)
    A Comfortable Different World Life, this one doesn't sound very sad but it is. The MC misses his parents/family more than most characters who go through transmigration do and it made me cry. Also, it's really cute so even if you don't like, you'll like it (bl)
    Desharow Merman, this one is dark and graphic. The ML is basically raping the MC every time he sees him, and then the MC falls in love with the ML but doesn't want to admit it. The ending was a BE imo but I suppose you could see it as HE depending on how you look at it (bl)
    My House of Horrors, this one doesn't really focus on romance, more on the horror aspect and it's one of my all time favourites. I actually celebrate the MCs birthday (it's june 1st if you wanted to know) that's how good it is. The ML is a ghost haunting the MC and the more she loves him the more she wants him dead so they can be Together Forever. It's definitely dark and sad so I hope you like it (bg)
    Perfect Secret Love: The Bad New Wife is a Little Sweet, this is very dark, and gets sadder the more you delve into the plot. There are a lot of secrets I don't want to spoil so I'll just say that you have to read at least 430 chapters before you know everything that's going on (and even then there are still huge plot twists to come) (bg)
    Reborn as a Good Child, I actually didn't like this one very much but it fits all your criteria so I put it on here. The MC has serious depression, ptsd, suicidal thoughts, has gone through abuse, had a one-sided love for years, and been bullied by people he thought were his best friends. It's very dark and sad and could be written much better... (And no, I am not named after the MC, I read this book after I created my username and I'm too attached to it now to change it just because another character has the same name) (bl)
    SSS-Class Suicide Hunter, alright.... so this one has very little to no romance in it at all. The MC does commit suicide over a thousand times though and the plot is amazing so I think you'll like it. I'm currently reading the manga and I love it (bg)
    What to Do When I Become a Koi and Fall into the Male God’s Bath..., the ML is the one that's gone through abuse this time. It's a very sad novel with lots of scenes that will make you cry. The ML is so cute and the MC is also cute, it's just very cute overall! (bl)
    Black Butterfly, Where Does the Black Butterfly Go Drink Water, this one is dark. I haven't finished it yet so I can't give too much detail about it but the ML definitely has some sort of mental disorder and the MC is a policeman which is interesting. So far I really like it (bl)
    I Am A Killer, this one is dark as well. The author doesn't go into the MCs past in detail but does mention that she's gone through training since young to become a killer. It's fun to read since she transmigrated from ancient times to modern day without gaining any memories of the body she was currently inhabiting. It does have a HE, and it doesn't end at all how you want it to but it is a good read (bg)
    If You Are a Dodder Flower, in this one the MC can't stand being touched after she was traumatized in her past life by her husband. It's a good read and completed so you'll probably like it. The ML is actually her brother who she idolized which makes her trauma even worse after he forces a kiss on her. She ends up having to go overseas to get treatment and never does get better, always living in a made up world where her brother is still just as perfect. The ending is a bit rushed but it makes sense (bg)
    My Husband With Scholar Syndrome, this is very sad. The ML has scholar syndrome (I know, you never would have guessed, right?!) and the MC marries him mainly out of obligation. I didn't really like it but I guess some parts were interesting (bg)
    Becoming the Villain's Family, this is so sad! The MC went through horrible abuse in her last life and now even though her voice is back and she's able to talk the psychological damage made her unable to. It made me cry so many times when it was describing her experiences but the characters are really cute so it's not all dark and sad (bg)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go for some sweet tragedy like Sukasuka

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  4. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link