Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some time ago here in the forum, you had mentioned the meaning of these logos, it may be that someone can remind me what each color change means with respect to the chapter that they appear or what is the purpose of using them?
    [​IMG]

mavi and Lilyworld like this.
  2. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone mention that when the letters were purple, it was in the beginning of the webtoon and it represent Medea and her character arc. The yellows letters obviously represent Psyche and how the later arc will focus on her growth and past, like Medea ( we still have the yellow letters even though Psyche barely appear in this arc at all). I don’t remember which chapters did I see the other colored letters but they maybe represent Pell and Eros? Or Pell and Helio? Idk

3. Mysterious _ me

Mysterious _ me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, in chapter 73, they changed back to their original body.

gaa104 likes this.
  4. Mysterious _ me

Reading List:
    Link
    May be or may be not, frankly speaking no idea. But it make sense if she is tempering her, she want Psyche to expose Eros. It’s chapter 75, yet we don’t know Eros’ background story. I don’t want to judge Eros and his actions before knowing his past because for me he is like a blurred image, I can see him but not clearly. At first, even Medea was shown as villainess but when her past was shown, we came to realised why she was like that.

People may hate me for saying this but I think Psyche will end up with Eros. In Greek mythology, due to the oracle which say that Psyche will marry a serpent and jealous sisters evil intentions drive Psyche to think him a monster and tried to kill Eros but he turn out to be god. Heartbroken Eros left her saying “ love cannot live without trust”. In order to prove her love towards Eros and get him back in her life, she went through many difficult tasks. But, I think in your throne, it’s role reverse. Here Eros is trying to kill Psyche. When Psyche was heartbroken, she was one to tell Eros “ how can love grow in a relationship full of doubt”. In future chapters, I think it will be Eros who will go through many tasks to prove his love. It will be really difficult for him to gain Psyche’s trust, as we have seen her trust broken into pieces day by day. Amusingly, I think the character hated by many readers and don’t ship with anyone will be one to be a lover boy and prove why his name is Eros (love). In chapter 34(love, love) and 51(contract, love), both chapter named love, Medea’s partner have change from Helio(34) to Perion(51) but Psyche is shown with Eros in both chapters. And to top it up, in chapter 51, it’s in Eros and Psyche scene, red rose flowers are shown which is the symbolism of love.

In current episodes, Eros is planning to make Medea his empress. In chapter 49, he said that he want to make Medea his empress because she will help him recover the empire if it falters. It is shown after the oracle, he is after Medea to make his empress. If he is the one to destroy the empire, the one who is as intelligent as him in the empire is Medea, so she will help the empire to prosper. He never mentioned he loved Medea. Even after the oracle which say “the closest to the heart”, he is not after Medea’s head. If she was in his heart, he would have planned to kill her first. Even in chapter 75, even though he knew Medea has kissed Helio, jealousy can’t be seen in his face.

There is lot to be disclose about Eros and Psyche love story which is the main reason whole drama started. I think the suspense will be disclose in Psyche and Eros arc.

5. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you're right about Eros. The guy was what if Mona Lisa who smiles without background, it makes us curious to the 'Why' question. Though I believe, even if Eros were to prove his love to Psyche, she will just be a tool for him, because as he was unaware of Psyche's growth, he only sees Medea who have cold hand as an iron and brilliant mind to prevail against adversity. Not to mention, if it weren't Psyche who might kills him, then Medea will solely exist to make Eros died in the most painful way.
    I don't know whether there's this version of this story about Jason and the Argonauts, but Medea was literally one of the most tragic (in my pov) and the most cruelest villainess in Greek myth.

It was said that Eros, under his mother's command shoot Medea to fell in love with Jason. Medea soon helps him to claim the Golden fleece (Psyche's holy power base preference maybe?), her love to Jason even made her to go to such length that she murder her own brother when he was in the blessing of god (which make them cursed by the Heaven), and mutilates him so that the Colchisian were going to look for his body first, then when Jason coronation to become the king was put on halt because the king was relentless defending it despite his promise.

Medea made the king's daughters to murder him while promising a remedy of resurrection that will made their father younger, the king dies and the daughters mourn his death while ordering the pair to be chased out.

The two eventually find shelter where they could have family, but the king wants Jason to marry his daughter and become his successor. Jason was tempted but was hesitant because the king wish for Medea to be divorced, and he did, which led for the bridal from Medea becomes the death for both the king and his daughter, Medea even slew her children that she have with Jason out of her hate of Jason's betrayal and that her love for him was based out of nothing but Eros's power.

If the author were to dedicate the story to Medea or any women who got wronged by the name of Love, this... was a masterpiece of vengeance.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Volublekoala965 likes this.
  6. eirenne

eirenne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your idea is very interesting. For more information, Psyche's birthday is 15th October which means she is Libra, and libra's symbol is scale. :aww:

7. Mysterious _ me

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just my assumptions. The author have derived some of the stories(not all)from the Greek mythology and give it a new touch. If you look at 1st chapter, Medea poisoned Psyche and killed her favourite Knight so that Psyche can feel the same pain which she have after losing her nanny. It can be refer to the scene where Medea(Greek mythology) poisoned Jason's new wife and killed their children in order to revenge Jason. Medea(your throne) may have followed the same path as Medea(Greek mythology) if the soul change has not happened. Just imagine, in Greek mythology what if someone have stopped Medea from what she did, she will be remembered by people in a different way.
    Well, what Eros think about Psyche and choose her, it's all our assumptions based on how he is presented. That's why right now, don't want to judge him. I can say he has a good intuition about people, if you see how he calculated Medea's behaviour, he is right about it. But little did he know that Medea has change a little due to body swap.

8. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Purple - Medea, yellow - Psyche, red - Perion, blue - Eros :blobangery:. No idea who Heli is.

9. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Heli, as in Marquis Heliotropio. Medea childhood friend/ puppy?

10. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GREEN?

Lilyworld likes this.
  11. Mysterious _ me

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was the end of Eros as a ruler, it should be "downfall of the emperor" not "downfall of the empire". I think we get confused in this sentence and assume Eros will be the destroyer, who will not think in that way when we can see him trying to murder his fiancee. But, I think the downfall of the empire means wiping away the corrupted empire to a new corruption free empire.

I am not so good in chess but I think in chess the main aim is to protect the king. If the other person checkmate your king, the game is over. If the king is killed, there is no value of other being alive in the game. So, I doubt Eros will be killed by anyone. And I think Medea will be the one to rule the temple not Psyche.

My hypothesis may be wrong also. The author giving hints in certain chapter, I may be reading it a wrong way, so don't get angry with me. The flag or emblem of vasilios empire has two black hands holding the empire. The hands color change to white in 3 chapters - when the trial was announced (Medea chapter 66), the invitation card for Perion's ordination (chapter 51) and in chapter 32, when Perion told his assistant about downfall of the empire, 3 persons are shown Eros, Psyche and Medea. Eros is shown with the image of vasilios emblem where the hand are white in color. I assumed that they will all fight for the corruption. In same chapter, Psyche is shown with scales wrapped with a red snake and Medea in front of the empire. It may refer that Eros will rule the empire and Medea will rule the temple while Psyche in the middle is the one balancing their power.

12. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooooo I fastpass to chapter 71 on webtoon. The scene where Helio is thinking to himself why he trust Psyche to save Medea, he said this one sentence,
    “ The person Lady Medea could not help but love”
    Am I overthinking about this sentence or is it exactly what I think it is:blobsmile:

mallekei likes this.
  13. gaa104

gaa104 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank youuu

Mysterious _ me likes this.
  14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope so. It just makes sense

15. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this chapter just released in my country so I want to make clarification from what it actually translated.

• I didn't explains the part when Helio was actually waiting the news about cardinal (Perrion) coming back before the servant intervened to inform Medeia's butler has been awake.
    • About the explanation of the Parma on part was right. But I made a mistake on interpret doctor daughter experienced the same thing, she was replaced temporarily on her father's place since the doctor now in charge to treat the injured servants. And the doctor's daughter was lied to the Duke about the deadly poison which made him blindly believe about the oracle.
    • Forgot to inform there's a words after Helio thanked Psyche. He actually told her to wait for act since Helio wants to (get rid?? evacuate??) other people first so he can stay with Medeia and will be arrived in the morning. Literally we all know the people who assassinated afterwards was not from Helio but Iaros just by this hint only. Sorry for letting this out.
    • Psyche literally was about to use her divine power to stopping her heartbeat but she was so scared and anxious about how if she failed the body exchange . The rest is literally pretty much the same with what I explained before.
    That's it.. if there's some mistakes in previous chapter I would like to clarify again as well!

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  16. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the red roses are ironic? Red roses can symbol love, but also symbol violence. If the author has Psyche and Eros as an actual romance, I'd worry that the fandom would turn into a hatedom. I mean, Eros is pretty much universally despised by the fandom. He is literally a sociopathic monster in this, not like the greek mythological Eros who was only called a monster in the prophecy. And after he showed interest in Medea ... well, it was all over for Psyche and Eros. Perion sees Medea as an ally and not romantically, and she thinks likewise, and Helio likes Medea romantically but Medea does not think of him romantically.
    I don't think Eros cared about Medea kissing Helio, because 1. It was gossip and not fully clarified, and there is always tons of gossip in aristocratic society even if it has a basis of truth, and 2. Eros used Psyche's affections, and he can put Medea on the same level as him by claiming that Medea toyed with Helio's affections. Typical narcissist.
    When Eros did seem jealous (maybe not jealous, but possessive) was in that scene when he was unhappy when the King of Hennel was asking for Medea's hand in marriage, when his assistant was asking why Eros wasn't happy because it meant Medea would have to leave the Empire. And notice how when Eros had suspicions about Perion and Psyche, it wasn't because he was jealous of Perion, it was because Eros wanted to keep Psyche under his control as a pawn in his plans. But when Medea and Perion were frequently having meetings, Eros seemed almost annoyed, talking about how Perion was trying to steal "his" woman.
    I agree that Medea is now the one closest to the heart of Vasilios, besides Eros. For starters, she holds more political power than Psyche, who has more awareness now but still needs help from Medea and is not actively manipulating the political scene. And Medea has the love (if you even call it love) of Eros, the Crown Prince. That causes me to think even more that Medea will manipulate Eros, who will cause the Empire's downfall, fufilling the prophecy.
    So I can concur that this webtoon subverts both the original Greek myth AND the common conception of love. Eros fakes being in love so that he can manipulate Psyche and public opinion, Medea creates some gossip of having a relationship with Perion among the common people, Medea fakes being in love with Eros to hurt and betray him. Psyche is crushed and devestated when she learns Eros faked his love for her. Eros actually loves Medea, but not your typical idea of love, because it's more like he's obsessed with her or just attracted to her, being the narcissist he is, because the only person Eros can truly cherish is ... himself. Helio has one-sided feelings for Medea, but he views Medea as a god, and his love is more like a faith. We've yet to see a healthy relationship between equals in Your Throne, but it's interesting to see how the artist/author portrays love this way.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  17. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guysss! Look at this!
    You can find the English webtoon fast-version of Your Throne up to ep 71!!!! It's now fully in English!!

Rin.rinaaa, DIJ28, Furiae19 and 5 others like this.
  18. Rikari

Rikari Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me who does Helio refer to when he states that one sentence “ The person who lazy Medea could not help but love ” in ch 71 I’m so confuse

19. Annylove

Annylove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was psyche. I am not saying it means she loves her romantically because i am not going to assume someone's sexuality which hasn't been confirmed yet (although i personally do ship them lol). Helio is just referring to despite how much medea keeps her heart closed from people, she still cherished psyche and let her get close to herself. Because psyche is so pure and kind, medea couldn't help letting her in.

20. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 76 :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]