Spoiler Queen of the Scalpel

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by skyzoo2001, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Chea chantrea

Chea chantrea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with your point of view, and I never intend to let linden harm Micheal, I am definitely a person who could divide morals and grudge clearly, but it's still too much for me to let one of the main murderer of that way, especially an introvert as myself who feel the warmest when I am with my family, they might have no idea, but they help me to get through many obstacles, the worst time in my life. I know I might be overeating but Linden might feel the same as me, want to suffer for his family stead, We are nothing, but people who value our own family greatly, as long as they don't hurt others or act out of moral, then I'm willing to shelter them from any storm.

2. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we never really get the princesses side of it compared to the tid bits we get from the Empress; Though I mean I see people calling what Childe 'forced' Sheesh honestly we can't not call the Empress taking her kid up to the top of the tower for a a double suicide (murder suicide imho sorry just how i view it) a bit forced? Weak emperor sure; would that have been resolved with both of their positions intact.. in all probability yes just taking forever due to political struggle. Also you don't imprison the Empress of a nation for...'Spreading Rumors' in a tower with the First Princess that.. makes no literal sense. - You might be able to get by with a palace arrest thus she can not go anywhere outside of a palace or estate ; but to put her in what is more or less a 'traitors' tower the kind of place you put those you usually plan to execute? The entire thing is over done ; heck burning* OTL Lise alive at the stake for.... ~never fully stated 'sins' ~ is also forced; and Linden in the OTL is more or less a Terrible emperor obsessed over nothing but revenge (IE hes just a tyrant). I loved the story don't me wrong; loved the side stories still hoping they get Manhwa'd if not well can always just re read them. Just saying there are plenty of points you can nit pick so might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Mirai Tsukihime, ValReads and Lovina like this.
  3. Arisa_DESU

Arisa_DESU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webtoon already ended but are there any Novel Side stories depicting Linden and Elise’ family life? Any children??? PLEASE!

cjburaira likes this.
  4. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any sidestory? Is the epilogue of the manhwa the same with the novel? I thought that the setting is different from Earth.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  5. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is 150 years into the future, so no wonder it looks like modern Earth. I guess their world advanced like 1.5 times faster? Anyway, the implication is that the brown haired girl in the epilogue who looks like Lise did in her second reincarnation is Lise's FOURTH reincarnation (but she can't remember her past lives this time), and the person who looks like Linden except with brown hair and eyes is, well, Linden's reincarnation, who possibly might recognize Lise's reincarnation. heheh.

6. ShinSpidy

ShinSpidy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had read this a long time ago and am rereading it right now. I remember reading a chpt in which Elise performs cpr on the king (not directly though) . After rereading it I can't seem to find that particular scene. Was it removed? Please let me know if anyone knows abt it coz I feel I am missing some chpts

7. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why they decided not to adapt the side stories in the manhwa?

8. fumaHD

fumaHD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not like Michael want to cover for her Mother (as in letting her get away scoot-free).
    From what we are shown his mother is already half imprisoned / half crazy.
    It’s more like Michael want to prevent Linden to put her to death for something that happened 20+ years prior and for what she is already paying.
    I mean, i think that during those 20+ years the King already took some sort of revenge / give her some punishment (she did become crazy, so something must have happened to her), but she simply wasn’t put to death.
    It’s as if, in the modern society, a family member of a victim push for death penalty but the judge sentences the murderer only to imprisonment.
    Linden wants her death and, also, everyone who participated in framing her mother.
    Michael thinks she already had her punishment (whatever that was) and wants to prevent Linden to get a personal vendetta.

seekingsnow likes this.
  9. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if this is the case, Michael was still conspiring with his uncle (who was part of the original plot against Linden’s mother) to kill Linden. In my opinion, they don’t have any conscience. They were already in the wrong for what they did to the other queen (who had no political backing) in the past and rather than suffering the consequences, they were choosing to add more sins to what they already did. Sorry, no matter how they slice it, I don’t think they have any moral ground to stand on. Everything stopped once they admitted their sin.

10. fumaHD

fumaHD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that they don’t stand on moral ground.
    But it’s not quite likely that once they admit their sins everything would be over.
    I mean, this is what happened in the end thanks to Elise meddling and the feelings Linden developed for her, but if not for those factors Linden would have probably have them killed. He would maybe spere Michael since he wasn’t involved (he was a child a that time so he is without fault), but everyone else would die most likely.

Now, put yourself in their spot.
    You said you would probably call the police if your family member commit a crime. But you live in a society where they would be put in prison (most likely, depend on where you live, but 90+% of countries abolished death penalty so I assume it’s like this also where you live).
    Would you still turn them in if you know for sure they will be killed?
    I can’t say that. Maybe, even if I don’t cover for them, I would probably turn a blind eyes to the entire situation (not helping them, but also not denunce them).
    It also depend on the crime that has been committed: if I discover a family member is a serial killer, ok, then I would turn him in regardless, but for a crime committed once when maybe I was not even born I would probably stay quiet.

I don’t mean that Micheal and those nobles are right in trying to kill Linden. Not at all. But that’s because I’m not an involved party. From their prospective they are trying just to survive. It’s not that they want Michael on the throne cause they want more power, it because they know that once Linden become king he would purge them all (again, an apology would not cut it if not for Elise)
    Obviously they also want to preserve their current status (if not they could very well escape in another country, leaving behind all their power, status, and riches), but Michael just want to protect his Mother and uncle’s family. He can’t take her away just like that (she is the queen, even if she is crazy and powerless). He need the power to protect her (or for Linden to forgive her, again, thanks to Elise).

11. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on the morality of a person. I would turn in my family members who I know for a fact committed a crime because I believe people should pay for their crimes. In the case of this story, Linden was shocked by the uncle’s confession and that seem to be the thing that shattered his will and not Elise’s admonition. It’s like what the uncle’s daughter said...he never even asked for forgiveness. When somebody asks a wronged person for forgiveness or even show remorse, it can change the wounded person’s resolve.

Despite all this, it still doesn’t change the way I feel about the intentions of Michael and his uncle. No matter how many times I read this story, I have the same feelings about them. The uncle lived many years and didn’t pay for his sins and he was still plotting more. A coward like him didn’t even feel any remorse for his actions until his own daughter pointed it out.

12. fumaHD

fumaHD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, it all depend on your own morality. Everyone, of course, would react differently at the same situation.
    About the uncle, I also agree that he didn’t pay for his crime in all those year, but I need to point out that Linden not only want for him to pay but also for his sister, the queen, who, as I already mentioned, already paid.
    What Linden is seeking is not justice but a personal vendetta.
    He wants to kill everyone of them regardless of how much they were involved.

Also, to be fair, Linden’s mother and sister committed suicide.
    They were not directly killed and probably no one expected them to die. What the nobles and queen’s family wanted was for her to be deposed.
    But their psyche couldn’t bear it and they committed suicide.

This doesn’t absolve the nobles from their sins, but it’s important to bear it in mind when you decide for their punishment.
    They don’t deserve to die, in my opinion.
    Using modern law as a reference, it’s like the difference between a murder being premeditated or not, or a unintentional byproduct from another crime (which would be this case). The charges bear very different weights. For one you can ask death penalty, for the others you can’t.

What Michael wants is in fact simply avoid them to die. To achieve this he decide to oppose his brother. Simply, in his hearth, he value his mother and uncle more than his brother.
    At the end of the story Michael is pretty happy about the decision made by Linden cause no one died.
    If Linden always had this arrangements in mind I think Michael would have sided with him from the start.

Well, this is according to modern mentality.
    In a feudal society, probably, they would be put to death cause fabricating false charge against royalty should be a crime deserving death penalty, even if the Linden’s mother didn’t end up dead.

We had a long exchange and maybe I also went a bit of track.
    My point is simply that I don’t think Michael is putting family above morality. He just can’t eyes to eyes with Linden cause Linden is blinded by rage for what happened and wants to go the extreme, purging everyone.
    If Linden was less extreme Michael wouldn’t oppose him.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    seekingsnow likes this.
  13. killinitKim

killinitKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys I finished the manhwa I'm so so so sad I told myself I wasn't going to read it but I did now I can't get over it I hate when things end

Any spoilers on where I can find the novel I heard theres still another part but it's about their next incarnations

14. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna ask did Elise's father loved his wife? And what about his second wife? Is he in love with her or it was just a marriage of convenience?

I'm sorry, I just want to know if anything was mentioned about his marriages in the novel?

15. Kinksexual

Kinksexual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he loved his first wife and also loves his second.

16. killinitKim

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah actually he loved his first wife it was mentioned when the father was reminiscing about his past and said shes (elise)just like her and about the marriage the father married out of conveniencI at first for the children but in the end he loved again

17. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So he fell in love with the second wife ultimately? I see, thanks

18. killinitKim

Reading List:
    Link
    My pleasure

19. angeli72

angeli72 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers, or a full translated of the novel version please. thanks for the spoilers

20. Zizana

Zizana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wanted to know what was the thing michel wanted to tell the MC before in her first life and she never knew what it was?