LCD The Girls Who Traumatized Me Are Glancing at Me, but I'm Afraid It's Too Late

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by KageTokage, May 1, 2021.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please put spoilers in a 'Spoilers' tag. You can find it in the '+' toolbar when making your post.

The Girls Who Traumatized Me

I have bad luck with women. I’m Yukito Kokonoe, and I’m the one who’s had the worst luck with women. My mother shunned me, my sister hated me, and my childhood friend, who I thought I had feelings for rejected me before I could tell her, and then lied to me when I was heartbroken. As a result, I found myself completely emotionally broken, and it was too late to do anything about it. But that was strange. For some reason, I feel like the women who traumatized me are glancing at me. Yeah, I must be imagining it! This is a love comedy about a boy who has been hurt too much and too late, and the women who have hurt him, in a misunderstanding that starts too late and never starts at all. “Love? What’s that, can I eat it?”

This novel is about a guy who's broken. Pretty much every woman in his life hurts him at some point. :cry: Great story so far though! :blobokhand:

The Prologue (since I got confused):
    The story starts out with the MC (Yukito) planning to confess to his childhood friend, only for her to reveal she's going out with another guy before he can say anything. This was a ploy to make him feel jealous and pursue her (since, unbeknownst to him, Yukito was very popular), unfortunately this backfired. Yukito severed their friendship and wished her well, then leaves after telling her how he planned to confess. There is then a time-skip.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is really good at trickle feeding information, enough for us to speculate but not so little that we feel frustrated.

The MC is truly a bad luck Brian, he never catches a break.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck?

MC got fucked over because she decided it was time to break out some shitty "pickup artist" tricks and wanted to bag him?

KageTokage and Cutter Masterson like this.
  4. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so bad. I read up to the newest chapter and it's like 3/10. The entire premise is bad and so unnecessary and emo-like.

How is this supposed to be a romance? The girls are legit so disgustingly bad people. And is communication that difficult? Jesus. This was like reading a bad fanfic of some 13 years emo-harem wet dream.

This is the cheesy misunderstanding trope ramped up to a 100

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it. I’ve read everything to date. Personally in a weird funny way. I can see it all going down. I’m hoping the mother or the sister finds his journal/ diary. I’m am looking forward to the next few chapters because at this point all the girls will realize what they all did to him. I can’t wait

6. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it for how quirky the MC is.

The girls are horrible, especially the childhood friend. She might be actually crazy... at the very least, she has a disgusting personality.

The older sister seems to be trying to improve though! (But she's also the one who started it all. :blobawkward:)

You might be thinking of this novel: Traumatized Boy Wants To Live Quietly
    They are by the same translator, so it's easy to get them confused. While Traumatized Boy is better, there are only 13 chapters out (no clue if the author's on hiatus or what).

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  7. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it devolve into a "I'll just be abused and bear with it like a beta" or does the MC actually let them live their lives till they regret what they've done?

Basically what I mean is that does the MC let the girls resolve it easily or is he apathetic or something like that towards them after the timeskip?

8. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh the situation at the start shows that he cut ties entirely with 2 of them and keeps his distance from his mother and sister

SylviaViolet likes this.
  9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    He cuts them off. Completely.

Because he's both a nice and broken person, he always feels the issue is his fault. But that doesn't mean he lets them crawl back and continue leeching off his kindness.

Also, I mentioned the time-skip because he goes from the 2nd year of junior high (8th grade) to just entering high school (10th grade). This confused me, since a girl appears in chapter 1 that I had no clue about (besides the fact that she also hurt him). It took me a while to realize how long the time-skip actually was.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  10. Rampaging Dragon

Rampaging Dragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is apathetic towards them now. Like he legit can't understand their emotions much less forgive them.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  11. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm liking the setting more and more. It's rare to see a slightly darker slice of life like this one! Thanks for introducing it.

KageTokage and Rampaging Dragon like this.
  12. Rampaging Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC's life is one clusterfack of bad luck with women

His mom started it ---> Sister continued it ---> Teacher gave a critical blow ---> Childhood friend put him in the red ---> Basket ball girl landed the final hit.

The StuCo President and the others are just desecrating the corpse now.

KageTokage likes this.
  13. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    his teacher hasnt really done much tho?

14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Correction:
    His mom started it ---> Sister gave a critical blow ---> Childhood friend put him in the red ---> Basket ball girl landed the final hit. ---> Teacher walked by and casually spit on his grave.

The StuCo President and the others are just desecrating the corpse now.

15. Rampaging Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    The teacher cut off his ability to rely on others which made the childhood friend's "Betrayal" at least three times worse cause she was one of the last persons he trusted after the entire fiasco with the teacher.

16. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    What? All the teacher has done so far is call him a problem child.

Have you read ahead or are thinking of a different novel? The teacher only shows up after the timeskip (chapter 1), the childhood friend's issue happened in the prologue.

17. EvilPersonified

EvilPersonified Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read ahead with the help of google MTL. I’m pretty sure that the teacher in question who traumatized him
    hasn’t even been introduced yet in the soafp translation, though that teacher’s assistant from that time has already been introduced
    , unless mtl (mis)translated the name waaay differently. I could be wrong, MTL’d names are so inconsistent.
    BTW, there are several flashback scenes ahead to make MC’s past clearer.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  18. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. @Rampaging Dragon and @EvilPersonified, please use the 'Spoiler' tag for events not currently translated.

Not a big deal (since nothing was really spoiled), but it helps prevent confusion. Thank you! :blob_grin:

19. Rampaging Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry bout that. I thought that you knew what I was implying.

KageTokage likes this.
  20. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really horrible things.

The neighbor was a trainee on his elementary school with the other teacher. A crime happened and he got framed for it. Teacher and neighbor being useless tried to make him admit he did it and didnt believe him. Then all his classmates tried to bully him with the usual methods like isolation and destruction of property. It culminated to where he was beaten up by some guys with all his classmates watching even when two teachers arrived. Dont worry he is able to fight back and beat the shits just as after the teachers arrive. He then proves his innocence through another character. He turned hostile against the entire class even if they are weakly trying to make up for him as the true culprit was exposed. Neighbor gave up being a teacher when she was exposed to such tragedy.