Discussion Who is the worst female charecter in existance

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FIEND, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Malty S Melomarc from Tate no Yuusha.

I have not seen of any proof of a redeemable quality, nor of a motivation of hers that I can sympathize with.

EDIT: Correction in the name.

FIEND and UnGrave like this.
  3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I may have a new one cooking up, but we'll have to see how things go.

4. Chutori

Chutori Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aristia in abandoned empress

TaniAndris, FIEND and Riptide01 like this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rachel is the worst to me, but Trashta js really bad too~ :hmm:

All the CN novel fake white lotus villainesses, like Jiang YaGe, are reallt awful female characters too though~ We can't forget them!! :blobReach:

FIEND likes this.
  6. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree

FIEND and Chutori like this.
  7. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    The princess from Nidome no Yuusha is pretty fucking bad.
    I'm working on a Goddess of Neutrality who is supposed to be the most hateworthy existence (who is also simultaneously worshipped by pretty much every god level character) in the entire multiverse but let's see if the final product stays that way.

FIEND likes this.
  8. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time since I read DICE but I actually didn't hate Eunjoo that much (is that how you spell her name?). I have never read Remarried Empress, but I certainly hate Rachel.

Thank goodness for the edit later, I thought Melty was gonna turn evil later in the story or something. :blobfearful:

That being said, you guys do realize that Rachel at the start of ToG is like, 14, right? I mean, she does bad stuff when she's older too but 14 is still really young guys

FIEND and Halcyon Observer like this.
  9. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oml Artista's character development was soooo bad. When she got her second chance, I thought she would be all bitter and closed-off, and then they'll give us a revenge-filled story where we see the MC rise above her station and give payback to all that wronged her (kinda like Rebirth of the Malicious Empress). Evidently, NONE of that happened. She's still as naive and dense as before. And, here's the kicker, she fricking falls in love AGAIN with the one person she shouldn't have fallen in love with!! That fricking gets rid of the minimal character development she *did* have with her whole "I wanna be a knight so I won't have to become the Empress" thing. The entire story was literally some sort of abuser narrative and I really hated the entire thing.

rose93, FIEND and Chutori like this.
  10. Stueck_Bacon

Stueck_Bacon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, i dont think there is a "worst" in characters.
    i mean yes, all these characters are unlikeable and bad but,,, there will always be a character in existence which is worse or there will be a character in the future who will one-up these characters. its like a fight. and then there are characters who are just as bad as them, and then the place for the "worst" character is tied,,,
    so yes. these characters are bad, and i dont like them. and i think everyone also doesnt like them, but the calling them "the worst female character in existence"? there will always be one who is worse, and then after that there is a character worse than the worst character,,,

Grace34 likes this.
  11. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I have a long list of characters I don't like, but when it comes to female characters they seem to always be the same: obsessed with the ml, superficial or power hungry. That might just be because I read novels that resemble each other, but I think it's also because writers tend to just write female characters that the reader is not supposed to like as caricatures of the worst traits a woman can have. IDK, there just seems to be much more male characters that are not supposed to be liked but they are still complex and sympathetic to an extent. But when a female character is written to not be liked, if she has a tragic backstory it's treated as nothing more than background, instead focusing on how awful and full of herself she is.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  12. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: I'm only reading the manhwa (chapter 82) and not the novel.

To be honest, while I didn't like her at first, she does become an - at least somewhat - authentic character after learning more about her background. Her motivations and goals become clear after seeing how she lived before arriving at the palace and how she's being blackmailed and pressured after coming to the palace while at the same time seeing how the comfortable palace life "corrupts" her (for a lack of better words). While she still may be a villainous character and continues to go further down that path, at least she isn't as one-dimensional and flat as she was at the start of the story. I'm still occasionally asking myself though if she's either trying to be cunning or delusional and what pisses me of about female characters in general is talking in third person about yourself to pretend to be cute. It's just really, really, really~ cringy.

On the other hand, I don't understand Sovieshu. He's somewhat flat and one-dimensional and I don't understand his motivations and goals. Maybe that problem is dealt with later in the story (though I doubt it), but at least for now, he's the worst character of the manhwa/novel.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad part is that there are so many women like this irl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.