Resolved About Private Servers

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by bewitched, Apr 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean just read the nu policy, https://www.novelupdates.com/nu-policy/
    There is no bindings from nu to not add your releases even if the other translator was public. The only reason most people dont do it as there is no need to spark competition and there are always other novels to translate - it is more of a courtesy thing than a rule. As far as the private server goes, well they dont exist as far as I care.

2. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah sorry. To clarify, the one listed on NU backed off because the private translator was harassing them a lot

3. khunter

khunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't sure whether to cry:blob_teary: or to laugh :blobjoy:when I read this thread.

:bloblove: My fellow Korean novel readers. Did you know the three groups that released the translations and was listed on Novel Updates before they removed:blobpensive: their chapters are actually the same group? :blobfearful::blobfearful:

Cookie Translation:blobneutral:, Caluc:blobunsure: and Wendy's Bakery:hmm: are organized by the same people:blobfearful:. They would spite each other so they can garner sympathy and attention from their innocent lambs:blobcozy:. The private server claim:blobspy: was probably something they staged to create drama:blobpopcorn_cool: too.

:blobangery: How do you feel knowing about this now?

Let me inform you of another matter. The private:blobninja: servers are aware:blobfrowning: of these scammers, their actions, their accounts and the wrongdoings they have done to the other groups:blobconfused:. However, my fellow friends who are left in the dark, these private servers lives up to their name and kept it private:blobhyperthink:. I don't believe there is any PSA or exposure about this matter to the public servers and community:blobsad:.

:blobangery:How do you feel knowing some groups are aware of this matter and keeping others in the dark and possibly become victims to the scammers?

4. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly wtf is with all these emojis XD I cannot concentrate on the message when I look at all these emojis loll
    Now, you say they created a fake drama. So enlighten me, what do they gain from it?
    Honestly, your message is so vague and filled with.... so many emojis.. so could you please make it more concise?

Ah, also the main question of the thread has been resolved. Private servers and NU exist in two different circles, so what's the point of continuing this?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well...from what they said, sympathy? People in private servers are paranoid about publishers dmca'ing them. An "enemy" could spark greater unity to the cult. Besides that, the mention of scammers is probably about people giving away their credit card info or donating money to people who are just gonna up and leave or who already have the raws and are just milking it or something of that order. Acting like the victim will not only inspire people to donate, it builds "trust" in a weird sort of way. You don't expect to be backstabbed by someone you take pity on...

Private servers are sketch and desperate people are gullible morons.

you right. @bewitched tell the servers and their hounds to fuck off. they have no right to tell you to stop. That is all there is to say about that.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.