Discussion Same Advertisement Playing In A Row

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KageTokage, May 2, 2021.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, just now, I realized an advertisement was repeating on the TV. Immediately after the ad ended, it would come on again. Not just once or twice either, the same advertisement played 9 times in a row! What's more, that's only from when I realized it was repeating and started counting!?

I hear it coming on as I write this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Because the most times I've seen before this is repeating twice in a row (aka three of the same commercials back to back. Everyone in my family laughed at the waste of money... only for that PB to just be blown away. :blobastonished:

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have seen those kinda seemingly endlessly looping adverts on the default channel of my DTH service provider. They keep looping it till the assigned time slot is exhausted.
    But then, its not a "regular" channel, so don't know if it counts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  3. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never saw an ad play more than 4 times in a row but it also was a 10s ad so didn't have a problem with it

4. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion they are not wasting money at all, they repeat the same ad so that you will feel familiar with their product. The fact that you recognize it's the same ad mean that you already know their product.

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember ads being composed to be same clip twice but 9 times is quite a lot, probably the channel provider messed up

6. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    It's most probably a mistake on the channel's part but it also might have been a time slot where they had nothing scheduled or something had to be cancelled. It's still pretty suspicious to see the same thing 10 times though.