Spoiler The Duke's Villainous Daughter Is Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pansy25, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

[​IMG]

NU Link

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-dukes-villainous-daughter-is-depressed/

Description

Irene Song had transmigrated inside a novel and became the villainous daughter of a duke. However, the Duke, who was unaware of this fact, simply thought she had amnesia and send her off to marry the second prince of Rennes Empire. Little did she know that the second prince was cursed by an evil wizard and turned him into a dog during the day and could only turn back to a human at night. What’s worse, she even named it “tofu” after she found it wandering in the Imperial Palace. Who would have known it was her own husband!

Associated Names
    사악한 공작 영애의 우울

Does anyone know any spoilers for this story. Its still not finished but I'm really curious about these two main characters.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish I could help you since the translated chapters are freaking adorable.

3. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone read the chapters that came out? The Chamberlain was taking money and living like a small king or lord better than our MC. When she finds out - she bitch slaps him and then calculates all the ledgers in front of him faster than he ever could. Still, he is denial and says he is better than her. Which prompts the dog Tofu(cursed prince?) to bite the chamberlain. MC cheers him on. Man, if anyone needed an emotional support dog it would be the mc.

4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nielyti and Creolenerd like this.
  5. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm how so? Reading through the spoilers, they seem like two very different stories. Citadel of Desire sounds like some serious stockholm syndrome mindfuckery, depressed duke's villainous daughter is kind of cute so far.

6. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the latest chapter that was put up Tofu seems to be missing. Which is forces the MC out of her lazy funk and is now investigating the dirt around that shitty butler. I wonder does anyone know how Tofu is restored to her?

7. nielyti

nielyti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know how the fucking Chamberlain will end and what will happen in the meeting with the emperor? Anybody know?

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. Slut for em hotties

Slut for em hotties Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest chapter tofu came backblobmelt_thumbs he came back y'all:blob_teary: but he was full of wounds:blobsob: that must have been the Chamberlain:blob_thor:also when will the ml and mc communicate :blobflag:

evanesco99211, nielyti, Gemie and 2 others like this.
  9. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No Korean stories don't do plagiarism there are only common themes like transmigration or reincarnation. But that's a genre of it's own now.
    Chinese stories are clones though.
    And do try to read this, I promise it's nothing like Citadel of desire.

Though the prince is cursed.

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I want that shitty chamberlain to burn. How dare he do that to Tofu?!?

evanesco99211 likes this.
  11. paobear

paobear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you checked The Girl and The Beast yet? In my opinion, that one is more similar down to the curse and dog line.

Can't post with link yet. But if you guys go and check it, you will know what I meant.

phamtasia and aneliese like this.
  12. Avix

Avix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tofu was just acting up as a gentle dog but in truth he was a cold person and hateful towards his family and the people around him. He was about to become a crown prince when he was cursed by a black magician who's real target was the emperor.

13. Afanjurl

Afanjurl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So umm ... please tell me they didnt drop this :cry:

Arryetty and adassacarmesim like this.
  14. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Pansy25 and anyone else in this thread

out of desperation, i bought the first volume online and MTL-ed it. i can give spoilers if you want from there, but do remember that since i MTL-ed it, there might be some mistakes in my understanding---

edit: i have gotten some likes since posting this, so i will try to do summaries/spoilers, hopefully by this week!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  15. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing off from Ch 16 of the translated version, where Elle wants to bring Tofu along to meet the Emperor, and they've just gotten into the carriage....
    so for my style of MTL-ing/summarising, i might loosely edit some off the good parts into readable english, then just summarise the other parts [shifty eyes]

S+ indicates that it is a summary.

Vol 1, Pg 76

It was a soft Tofu full of scars. As soon as he jumped into the wagon, I held him in my arms to see if he was okay.

Tofu barked to indicate he was okay, and Elle was relieved. Anything that was to be punished, though, must be punished.

“Tofu, why did you run dangerously like that.”

“… … woof."

Even though she said anxious words, he was desperately depressed. and the Tofu that El saw with her eyes looked so pitiful that she couldn't do anything anymore.

“Were you afraid of where I was going?”

Come to think of it, I have never left the palace. I vaguely thought that the soft Tofu had a lot of wounds, but maybe he was afraid to separate from me.

"Woof!"

“Yes, yes.”

Elle patted as if comforting the soft Tofu. Then Lari said.

“Tofu is like gum to Miss Elle. Really."

“… … Right."

“If I pet him, he isn't as quiet.”

"Really?"

“Yes, I’m sorry.”

“Ahaha- Tofu is bad, why did you make our Lari sad!”

“Woof woof!”

S+
    They conversed, but it was a long trip to the imperial palace, which was surprisingly large. Elle was surprised by the grandness of the palace. Then she went to the parlor to greet the Emperor and Empress, and she had to go in alone. There is some small talk with the Emperor. He asks if she has met the second prince, she says on the wedding day, and when he asks if she has met him after, Elle says she hasn't. A bit later, the Emperor gives Elle the authority, stating that he knows the chief/accountant has caused her suffering. The Emperor also states that he will send knights and guards to protect the palace as well. When Elle leaves the parlour...

The door opened and I saw Lari and Tofu waiting.

As if Tofu was guarding at Elle's side, Tofu also approached and looked at the Emperor through the crack of the door.

And the cool Emperor's expression, upon seeing Tofu, was stunned for a moment. But the door soon closed. However, Elle and Lari did not see the exchange of gazes at that moment.

For the moment, end at Pg 79.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  16. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    V1 pg 80

S+

This is Coffari’s viewpoint. Generally talking about the staff under Coffari, those who were just being low-key, and those who wanted favour with Coffari. Coffari is upset that the dog escaped the cellar, even though he had told the attendant to watch closely, but the attendant had been bitten to the point of bleeding. Coffari mentions that the Princess is quiet. He was confident he was the real ruler of the palace, but receives news that she had gone away in a carriage to meet the Emperor.It is mentioned that there are nobles behind Coffari. He had a ledger that kept record of all the things he had done, alongside the nobles. Coffari decided that the situation wasn’t good, so he packed his luggage, intending to run away.

But one thing he overlooked is that he ignored Elle too much.

Coffari went to the office to get the ledger.

“Oh My God!”

Obviously, he had recorded the ledger in duplicate so that others would not know. They were custom-made ledgers with thinner padding than the original paper, but all had been torn. It meant that someone had checked the ledger.

"No!"

Coffari was devastated and sat down on the spot.

A few days before Raella met the Emperor.

In fact, the ledger was a foolish ledger to Elle's eyes, but it was flawless when others checked it.

S+

Elle went through all the places with Lari, wondering where the real ledger was hidden, and continuously searching. After pondering, Elle realised that the fountain pen was used, but there was little penetration of ink. She ripped the paper of the ledger, and the one layer separated into two.

“Of course, the life line is close.”

Elle laughed.

Before leaving the imperial palace, Elle asked Shudin, who was the Chief of Staff.

“Where do I file for corruption?”
    “… … Are you talking about corruption?”
    “Yes. The number may be quite large.”

Shudin paused at the words that Elle had muttered as if they were nothing.

If it was a small corruption, it might not matter, but if it was big, it was safer to get the emperor's approval rather than arbitrarily handle it.

“Can I ask your Majesty and give you an answer?”
    “Okay.”

Elle's footsteps as she left the imperial palace were light.

-ending at start of pg 84-

17. Blue Amethyst

Blue Amethyst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story was so cute when I read it. Currently, there are only 16 chapters available and I want to continue reading it. I pray it gets picked up. This is also one of the first novels I found and read - unfortunately not translated

18. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @adassacarmesim
    you asked where i read it, right? i previously mentioned that i bought the vol 1 korean raw and mtl-ed(machine translated) it, haha!

19. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pg 84
    The Second Prince Schuert Rennes was a prince who had the love of the emperor until he was cursed by the wizard.

From a young age, he looked like his mother and was pretty, and when learning one thing, he had the ability to learn it quickly.

His only flaws were that he was concubine-born and that he was the second prince.

He was the loveliest to the Emperor(?), so everyone thought that the Second Prince would become the Crown Prince.

The emperor was inherited through hereditary, but there was no principle that it must be the oldest. He had to be thoroughly capable.

Actually, the current Emperor Cardel Rennes was also born as the third prince.

When she elected the emperor with zero ability without the principle of inheriting her eldest son, the fighting between brothers and sisters was fierce, but thanks to it, the millennium-long reputation of the empire was maintained.

Those who did not win the fight had to pay for it by death.

In fact, Cardel's siblings were purged. The cause of the curse of Schuert was also involved in this process.

It was a case where he had missed one of the wizards who followed the first prince, and he got his hands on the cursed black magic to get revenge, and penetrated the palace even through strict guards.

The crime committed was originally aimed at the emperor, but at the time, when Schuert showed outstanding achievements in learning, the emperor, greatly pleased, held a banquet, in particular inviting a small number of high-ranking nobles.

So it was a tremendous honor to be there just to be there. But on such a day, an unfortunate incident occurred.

“Go live your life as a lowly dog! Emperor!”

“… … Shit!”

Pg 85

“What is this!!”

One, the curse was triggered onto Schuert, who was sitting near the emperor.

“It would be worth seeing how your child is suffering. Hahaha!"

“Shu-Shuert!”

And Schuert became a dog in front of everyone’s eyes, his mother fell from the shock, and the Emperor killed all the nobles who attended the banquet.

The reason was that they saw something that should not be seen. Everything happened in an instant.

Of course, the truth was thoroughly concealed. Each family was told there had been a warlock attack and a large amount of condolence money was delivered along with a letter stating that they died in a major explosion.

Schuert also had to be a “monster” rather than a “dog”. Being an imperial family, it was a shame of the family that you had to live as a lowly dog.

The warlock cursed the royal family to the end from the guillotine, and then disappeared like the dew. (?)

The only ones who knew the secret of that day were the Emperor and the Schuert’s mother, besides Schuert himself.

Afterwards, Schuert’s residence was moved to Lily Palace, which was large in dimension but the farthest from the main palace. It was an old palace, so it had not been used for a long time. Hence, Schubert completely disappeared.

His mother repeatedly denied the reality that her son had become a dog, and within a few years, she eventually became ill and died.

There was only a nanny who had been taking care of him since he was young, and even that nanny was falsely accused by the chief and expelled from the palace.

So, Schuert hated himself terribly.

Originally, as a royal family, pride was very strong, so it was not easy to admit the him who had changed.

Pg 86

So, from some point on, he gave up. He would rather have no one around him. To anyone, to himself. (?)

Because he didn’t want to be seen, he hid deep in the unmanaged garden and ate grass.

It's not that he didn't think about starving to death, but whenever he thought about it, he felt angry.

How glad the Emperor must be that the shame of his family has died.

Also, the empress who considered herself an eyesore?

So, Schuert waited with bated breath. On the day Rainard was crowned Crown Prince, to reveal himself.

No matter how little he showed up, it was the ceremony of the Crown Prince.

The whole palace will be noisy, so you can't not know. And all the aristocrats will gather at the palace. On that day, he vowed to die, while revealing the ugliness of the imperial family to the world under whatever circumstances, and giving them irreparable shame.

Schuert's life had been hell, having grinded his teeth with such thoughts all his life. Then, he got married unexpectedly. He felt uncomfortable because he couldn't figure out what the emperor was thinking.

And what kind of crazy woman married herself into a monster prince?

Curious as it may be, the woman did not look for him and was like the living dead. Whatever it was, he was sure she didn't want to see him.

That's why he had a wife whose name he didn't even know.

Then one day, he bumped into her who was taking a walk in the garden he usually stayed at.

"Puppy?"

Maybe she didn't despise the dog, but she just sat on the floor looking at himself with gentle eyes.

"I won't touch you."

Her talking as if trying to calm him down was unfamiliar to Schuert. It wasn’t unconditional disdain, her attitude wasn’t surprised, as if she were talking to a creature who only happened to be a dog.

20. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u for the spoiler!

Rylee56059 likes this.