Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ughh,tell me did they reunite again or not?

Arryetty and harmoniche like this.
  2. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    I still haven’t reach that part, so I don’t know if they remarry or not, and for Elle, he kept being the heir of Duke Hisbelion but he had to go back and forth between ML and FL, a year with FL and a year with ML, but fortunately his relationship with his father is good in this TL. Poor my baby :blobconfounded:

Bcs there was a condition in their divorce that their son, El, will spend a year with his mother and another year with his father, so they are still communicated, but they meet again after 3 years.

3. Shoo

Shoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like them to get back together, Mc is not bad, he is just a coward.

4. hhv94

hhv94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My question is whether this novel is done? Also, if they reconcile and end up back together again or just live separate lives? I'm curious about them meeting after 3 years. But I guess we shall see.

Arryetty, Viliel and Shoo like this.
  5. roshiku

roshiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the novel is still ongoing so that why there many unanswer questions

Viliel and harmoniche like this.
  6. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what is the state of the spineless Duke after she divorces him?...

And what is as of now the current state of her trash father and the bitch ex-fiance ?

Viliel and Tasnuva like this.
  7. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you a 100%

Am so happy she divorced him. His negligence made her an easy prey and destroyed her emotionally. I hope she doesn’t get back together with such a man for ever.
    Please do you have any spoilers about her younger brother? Will he kill stab his dad with a fork at dinner? Is he keeping in touch with his sister?

8. Jun08

Jun08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a spoiler, sorry.
    14 pages and I really wanted someone to defend ml. Someone called him cheater and abuser. Both false.
    His only two faults was not trying to improve or speak to his wife, and that goes both ways (if you're gonna excuse reina bc of her mental health, ml also had his fair share of problems at his own house) and not telling the truth to El ( or clarify who his mother was, and he got an extreme punishment for it. Extreme but just, since reina had to live like that too)

First and foremost, the ml didn't have an option to chose wether to marry or not, if you missed some spoiler at the beginning, the grand Duke started killing all his supporters one by one, so his only options were to marry or die. And this also applies why he is so powerless in his own household, cause most of the servants are afraid that the trash father will kill them.

Secondly, he probably didn't know FL "loved" him (not sure if it was love or FL seeing him as salvation) why? FL never spoke to him after marriage bc she was afraid he hates her. Ml thinks that FL didn't want to marry since the marriage offer was made by the trash(mc father).

Third, if his negligence was what made reina an easy prey, how come reina could chase all servants away just when she just came back? Bc at that time the ml couldn't have done anything yet to help her gain more power. She always had the power but let other people step on her (yeah, knowing her mental state, it was difficult for her to stand up for herself). Ml could have put some trustworthy men beside her, but hey, first point his supporter were either killed or leaned towards the trash side, and he couldn't handle the dukedom while being always away and fighting.

All the servants put on mask in front of him, reina never told him, he is 24/7 running like a dog for the emperor so of course he duke didn't know about the neglect the servant does to his wife. He discovered all that when El confined him and showed him the memories, and from that he knew what happened in reality and that reina "loved" him.

He returned the time and tried his best to improve their situation even if it is little by little. He is not a God nor those mc who has an 180° change of attitude, so he still feels powerless in front of the trashy father, same as mc brother who felt powerless all his life. He is just human.

Conclusion: I WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY. JUST AS MUCH AS I WANT FL TO BE HAPPY. (
    separately or together, their own choice)

9. Mangafreakspark

Reading List:
    Link
    Am so happy she divorced him. His negligence made her an easy prey and destroyed her emotionally. I hope
    Please do you have any spoilers about her younger brother? Will he kill stab his dad with a fork at dinner? Is he keeping in touch with his sister?
    he took a child away from the mother immediately after she birthed him and locked her up like a lunatic. He made his servants treat her that way because they know that no matter what they did to her, he didn’t respect her enough as a human to interfere and she was made to believe she’s cursed.
    She changed in this second life because she doesn’t want her son to be ripped off her arms like before and she needs to be strong for him. She didn’t have a reason to be strong in the past since she had nothing to live for but she does now

10. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still curious as to who is the owner of that necklace reina's brother was holding before the ceremony and dead birds happened. Was it ML. Coz during the event ML is already aware that something will happen. Or he was aware because it also happened at the first TL but Reina wasn't aware coz she didn't attended the event. :hmm:

Liliss and Viliel like this.
  11. mavi

mavi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i totally agree with u + what did she gain after divorce? is it so good becoming the emperor dog!

jenniilex3, By.Eve and Viliel like this.
  12. Jun08

Jun08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking the child away was cruel and inhuman, but it wasn't right after, it was bc she couldn't handle to even be near the child since she thinks she is cursed. Her mental health was getting worse, and they feared she would do something (mother love isn't the cure for everything) He didn't made the servant treats her that way, she herself let people step on her due to her lack of will to live. If so, in the 2nd time-line the servant would just have ignored her and still mock her, but they couldn't because she had the authority to chase them away (she always had)

Well, even if we readers ship them, they both needed time alone, and it's not that she would be powerless as before. She is a spiritist, only few people have that power, and she would be totally okay with or without a husband.

13. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I teared up a lot this is the first for a while lol.. honestly I just want them both to be happy the fl n ml.. but idk If they both remember their past timeline it'd make it harder to fix stuff.. there's a way to fix a broken ceramics with gold.. but if there's two same ceramics that was broken in the same place it'd be harder to mend them back without mistaking each other's pieces.. it's just plain hard that I just want to give up..

It's not like I couldn't understand where ML come from.. but he still didn't do well enough even after coming back.. imo.. If I were him the first thing I'd do was to deal with her father and his ex fiance before they had a chance to appear in front of fl.. no matter how underhanded method I use.. I'll do everything I could.. it's not like I could do anything for her at this point anyway now that I realized she remembered the past as well.. I'll just devote this second chance to build a better world for her by removing the garbages.. tho that was my character.. but this ML seems like a convenient tool as character plot wise, so I could not really dislike him but I also can't seems to like him enough to want him to be with fl again..

That's great author.. it's quite an experience to read this.. :sushi_sigh:

Arryetty and Jun08 like this.
  14. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it? He isn't her or his 'friend' hes one of the antagonists last I checked;So that falls under making deals with the devil. Which doesn't seem the most wise call either. Does she really have any idea the amount of forces arrayed against either her - him their son - or all of the above? (I feel because he didnt tell her because he was being dumb the answer is likely a hard no)

Nekocchi and magical_al00 like this.
  15. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the ML, just a brief flashback when ML’s knight (Heldar, if I’m not mistaken) told ML that he already met the brother and gave him the necklace when he came back in time

Celebrianna, charisa, ChiZuki and 2 others like this.
  16. Mangafreakspark

Reading List:
    Link
    The real question should be what did she gain after marrying him apart from the child they both made? She can live well without him because her life and happiness is not dependent on him.

He should have gotten help for her instead of locking her up like a criminal and he didn’t even have the common sense to release her before disappearing for years. Do you think that those servants would release her without his permission? She had her son taken away from her so what do you think she has left to live for? Would anyone have the will to live if the only thing or person keeping their sanity gets taken away from them?

17. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she seemingly needs some allies because she has a list of enemies as long as the nobility and royal line goes for the most part; and the emperor isn't on that ally list; as noted thats a deal with a devil so as you said "The real question is what did she gain" in this case what does the emperor hope to gain? Her or her son or both. at least with the semi reformed ML the son has no worries and honestly she would be more 'free' but he has a dumb habit of not giving out information for whatever reason to her when they both have gone back in time *shrug*. (Note she can't live safe and happy until the issues and people are dealt with some of whom are more powerful than she)

Minaeli, By.Eve and its0k like this.
  18. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    * scene FL father and ML talking about marriage in the first TL *

ML: I refuse to do it.

ML thoughts:
    leave that good woman alone ...
    I do not want to do what you ask me

ML: then i'll retire

ML thoughts:
    (showing FL's father's eyes) those eyes of hate and emptiness

reminds me of my dead mother

ML you say there is another dead?

someone: the Duke of Vinoscht has sided with his brother. It's only a matter of time before they eliminate us all.

ML thoughts:
    His way of acting is so obvious, I was expecting it but there is no way I can do what he asks of me.

ML: ... I will send a letter to the duke.

ML thoughts;
    a marriage that did not want

I'm sure the only one happy with this is you. (showing FL's back)

(ML sitting at FL's bed) why are your eyes getting more and more gloomy? Why me...

Is my heart beating hard?

I did not know the reason why I had to act that way with you,

someone: congratulations, my lord! rather duke!

ML thoughts: after I became a duke, a mountain of work became the perfect excuse.

ML: ... a boy?

Someone: Yes, duke, the doctor has examined her and confirmed it. Congratulations. He will also become a father, my lord.

someone: Are you afraid of becoming a parent?

someone: haha, everyone has it. It is not easy being a father.

ML: what if I can't raise it? there are many things to think about that have me worried.

someone: even if you think it's a good thing ...

ML: I hate this feeling, I am not happy to have a child who looks like me.

someone: don't worry too much. His Excellency will do well.
    ML thoughts: no.
    you were wrong. I failed.

ML: how silly ... why didn't you get Reina? How could you take so much cold? "You were the duchess." You just had to ask for it to be brought ... (ML seeing the image of FL shivering in cold)

ML: no, it's all my fault. I should have taken care of you first ... and I couldn't. It would be stupid for me to excuse your father.

ML thoughts: if I had made a different choice then ...

FL father: why are you against me?

ML: She is now in a process of change. So why are you so determined that I do more harm?

FL's father: damn.

ML: ... how?

FL's father: for a curse. that girl should be treated coldly and no one should approach her.

ML: it is enough. I can't listen anymore

FL's father: if you refuse, she will die I have people watching her.
    ML thoughts:
    I was absent for months. When it was two months before the delivery, I arrived at the mansion ...

Butler: Welcome, sir.
    and you miss ...

(Monica esboth came to their place)

When we were engaged, I coveted the Duchess's seat. this time, he has joined Duke Vinoscht. it was thanks to my mother's help that we got engaged. I could see that it was a very intelligent snake. (i think ML is telling how monica coveted the duchess seat and it was his mother who got them engaged, not sure)

ML:
    Duke Vinoscht has to see that. And don't let that woman get near my wife.

Butler: Understood.

ML thoughts: even involving his son-in-law's ex-fiancee is trying to hurt my wife. ...it's frightening.

I did not give it more importance.

Servant: Your Excellency, the lady went to see Miss Esboth ...!

ML thoughts:
    I didn't think you would go to meet her ...
    do you know everything that will come out of his mouth?
    his words will only hurt you. you will get hurt again ..!

ML: why the hell did you go to see her ?! why the hell ...!

FL: I was curious ...
    I wanted to know why they got back together ... also, I proposed ... that she take my place ... I ...

ML: Queen! (FL collapsed)

ML thoughts:
    ... yes, it was my fault. the one who ruined her, and made Reina's life a disgrace. It was me.
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
    For those who hate ML this is his pov and situation during the first time line.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  19. ayami123

ayami123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems to me, you're the type of people where, there's a single problem in the marriage, talk ? BULLSHIT! DIVORCE IMMEDIATTELY,

Why marry in the first place? hahaha

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    By.Eve and Dhiyfal like this.
  20. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    People will tell you it's an arranged marriage. It's true that she was abused in the first timeline. In the current timeline, she wasn't. But it seems that many would like her to hold on to grudges and live her second life with the duke as a sperm donor. Its reasonable to have those grudges but it doesn't look like a measured nor a mature response to me. People and characters change but in some people, anyone besides the MC is just stunted and shouldn't have a chance to develop just like the MC.

Sure, treat the marriage as a business and transactional relationship. Given what happened in the first timeline, it's reasonable. It's always a scorned earth approach in the relationship you see in these threads. It's either someone's way or the highway. There is no in-between. You would think that some would like to have some measured approach to a transactional arrangement like an arranged one, especially that there is a child. Like the child still need both his parents. They do divorce and maybe it's also good for the kid. But demonizing the guy who helped you made that child seems to be counterproductive especially since she expects her child to be the one inheriting his title. If she wants to have the child, sure. Just make a clean cut., Don't expect anything from the guy since she will be a count in her own right in the later parts. You would have thought she should have waited then got married too easily not to be married to the guy.

Question for those who already read: why did she even marry the duke when she could have just waited for her parent to die, get his position and be pregnant after?
    Like, she could have avoided the duke anyway if she planned correctly.

Celebrianna and Shoo like this.