Spoiler I’m Not the Final Boss’ Lover

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Guide1410, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Covers:
    524CE765-ECF9-4A1E-98DE-563F4EAA38E8.png
    4E1034BF-2700-46E3-8977-0B4DF2E85331.png
    Titles: 최종 보스의 애인이라니 오해입니다 , I’m Not the Final Boss’ Lover (Officially Translated Title), It’s a Misunderstanding That I’m the Final Boss’s Lover (Fan Translation Title)
    Upcoming Officially Licensed English Translation: https://wordexcerpt.com/series/im-not-the-final-boss-lover/
    The Novel Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=54326966&page=1
    Author: KEN
    Language: Korean
    Year: 2020
    Genres: Fantasy, Isekai, Comedy, Romance
    Description:
    I possessed a character inside a game. I thought that since I ended up in this world, I may as well devote everything to the protagonist to see the true ending, but… I was tossed aside like a worthless rag. As I was trembling in outrage from the betrayal, an unexpected person appeared before me—the final boss of this ‘game’, Dark Knight Mayer Knox!

“Jun Karentia. I would like for you to join my expedition corps, the Dark Knights.”

He refused my refusal, and so I was half-forced to join his knights. Here I thought, the final boss can become the protagonist too, no? And I could get some revenge on the man who abandoned me along the way. But things didn’t go as smoothly as I thought. Mayer kept being overprotective… and then there were those strange rumors!

“Is she that woman? The vice-captain His Excellency chose?”

“I heard she’s His Excellency’s lover…”

Hang on a second! The final boss’ lover? You’ve got it all wrong!

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents

Table of Contents

Official English Translations:

General spoilers:
    Events:
    ML & FL moments
    Questions
    • Why did ML want FL on his side? Answer
    • What happens to Fabian? Answer #1
    • Does ML ever learn FL tried to assassinate him? Answer

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text. For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    Neyva likes this.
  3. Guide1410

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon WordExpert is officially translating this novel.
    This novel is being fan translated and has more than 40 TLd chapters that I’m currently reading so here’s some spoilers.
    also you can find the wordpress site of the translation by searching the fan tl’d title of this novel ‘It’s a Misunderstanding That I’m the Final Boss’s Lover’ I won’t share link because the translator also has other projects and it isn’t linked in NU so they might want to keep it quiet and private so it won’t be noticed by the authors and taken down.
    The original game was a RPG game where the main character (Fabian) would have to recruit players and go defeat the demon king that was going to take over the world. The game had two rounds. There were dungeons spawned all over the game world and the main character and the characters that accompanied him would defeat dungeons and get good skills and items, but when fighting with the demon army and king it turned out that the demon king actually had a core, and that was the final hidden boss, Mayer Knox.
    the true ending is hidden, because when the MC defeats the demon king is the first round the demon king will unleash his core to turn back the time, resulting in the second round.
    in the second round only the main character of the game and Mayer Knox who is the core of the demon king remembers the first round, and the MC Fabian goes on a journey again and can recruit different characters with better abilities. Later on the 2nd round Mayer Knox will kill the demon king and become the new demon king, and MC Fabian has to defeat Mayer Knox (the new demon king). And then the MC can get the true ending.
    truly a great RPG game with classic settings :blobfistbumpR:
    The FL got isekai’d into a character in the game, Jun Karentia who was just a supporting wizard.
    Supporting wizards are looked down on and underestimated and when she was transmigrated in the game and was still confused the villagers sacrificed her to one of the dungeons that got spawned nearby to save themselves, then the main character representing the player, Fabian saved her and she decided to join the original MC and help him reach true ending and later after the ending she can live peacefully as a hero.
    although she is inside a game she considers it reality and uses the original plot of it to her assistance.
    so she sacrificed greatly for him and his group and gave him information and was even infamous as his dog.
    But Fabian abandoned her in the second round, because he didn’t come to the dungeon where he is supposed to recruit her and so Jun estimated that he went to another dungeon to get a item instead of her.
    and so Mayer Knox comes and offers her to join his black knights.
    He’s Mayer Knox, the hidden final boss who is actually the core of the demon king and in the original plot of the game after defeating him becomes the new demon king, he has bad ending where he gets defeated by the main character and all of his guild and black knights die with him, in the first round Jun tried to assassinate him in the first round by leaking information about some of the dungeons that she knew he couldn’t defeat in the original game, but he defeated them all. The reason that she tried to get rid of him was because she thought it’s better if he’s out of the way so they can clear the second round more easily without having to face him, also she is confident that he doesn’t know she tried to get rid of him.
    When the heroine was abandoned in the second round by original main character Fabian, Mayer Knox, the hidden final boss came to save her and offer her to join him.
    of course she doesn’t want to because she knows his bad ending, and tries to use various excuses to refuse him but he is even more amused and interested I guess. so she will say that she doesn’t deserve it and that her skills are unsuitable for the famous black knights and try to hide her abilities which she fails at because he will leave her in the dungeon if she doesn’t use her abilities, so she uses it.
    He also realizes that she has memories of the first round and also can conclude that Fabian also has memories of it because his actions are different than the past. she also knew her nickname as ‘Fabian’s Dog’. Jun has memories of the 1st round because she is an isekai’d person and actually isn’t a character.
    He tries to persuade her and promises that he will treat her very nicely.
    after knox having to try to persuade her she will decide to join him, kinda half-forced and half-willingly and decide to go to a uncertain future with him, and together they curse Fabian.
    because she gave Fabian information in the first round, Fabian finished the first round that was supposed to be hard very easily, but the second round is harder and different so without her assistance Fabian can’t clear the second round easily, and after considering the advantages and disadvantages she decides to join Knox’s black knights at the condition that her name will go in history, because she feels guilty about how she possessed Jun’s body and stole her life and she wants her name to go down in history in consideration of the original Jun.
    so she agrees and he appoints her as the vice commander, which surprises and the other black knights at first and she tries to refuse, but when he said the vice commander is even better than being a hero that will go down in history she immediately agrees.
    as for the reason he wants her so bad in his group, he didn’t say for now but I will share more spoilers as I read the story. but my guess is that he actually knew that she tried to get rid of him in the 1st round that’s why he’s interested in her.
    I’m very much into this novel and the funny relation between FL and ML, also the RPG setting are fantastic!:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

4. Hoque99

Hoque99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is usually cold and indifferent towards everyone. But he treats the MC like a normal person.So, people assume that she's the MLs lover
    The MC notices abnormal amount of fetality in a certain squad.The fetality rate is abnormally high for talented new recruits.So, the MC & ML(disguised by MC to appear as a new recruit) join the squad in their invasion of a dungeon.The squad leader constantly insults and looks down at the MC. They clear the dungeon and only the dungeon boss is left, at that time the squad leader captures the MC.Turns out the squad leader is also a support wizard masquerading as a spear user.The squad uses new recruits as a sacrifice to make themselves stronger. Learning about it the ML looses it and kills the whole squad.ML & MC then kill the dungeon boss together

5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! This sounds so interesting!!!!

Creolenerd likes this.
  6. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for some more spoilers.

Did Mc and exML meet again in the redo timeline and how did it happen? How did he react?

Or spoilers on how hard exML is having it without MC doing crazy backup and information expending for him?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  7. Hoque99

Hoque99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meyer Knox had black hair since he was born.
    The color of hair that cannot be born from the great contrast of silver gray hair and light brown hair.No one had black hair even if you went back to the family tree.Grand Duke Knox and his aides were confused by the unprecedented incident.“Maybe the Grand Duchess committed an injustice.”
    “The Grand Duchess is not the one to do that!”
    “And the young master’s eyes and nose are just like His Excellency the Grand Duke. It’s an outrageous story.”
    “Then the color of the hair has changed… There is only one case like that. He must have been born awakened to mana.”
    “You mean the young master is a wizard?”(hair color indicates what attribute u have as a wizard)
    The Grand Duke, who had been listening to the vassals, opened his mouth seriously. The vassals who answered nodded gravely.
    Yes. And the black magic is… Only demons have it.”
    “I can’t believe he’s a demon! Are you saying that the young master is a demon now?”
    “The demons disappeared after the Holy Demon War. It’s impossible.”
    “This must be the curse of the Demon King.”
    The office was filled with commotion. The flaring anxiety spread with no way to calm it.
    After a long time, Grand Duke Knox made a decision.
    “Let the child be imprisoned and watch his prognosis. Let everything be silent about this sinister thing.”
    The baby, Meyer, was confined to the spire.
    His mother, the Grand Duchess, hated Meyer for making her chastity be questions, and horrified at the fact that what was suspected of being a demon had come out of her stomach.She never looked for Meyer after she sent him to the spire.
    As a result, many people in Nokentoria Castle, including the people of the estate, came to know that the Grand Duchess’s child was stillborn and that Meyer was the Grand Duke’s illegitimate son.
    No matter how much of the Grand Duke’s bloodline he was, they couldn’t have a clean view of the illegitimate child.
    If it weren’t for the nanny Jonata, Meyer would have been left in a state of indifference.
    While everyone hated Meyer, Jonata raised him as if he were her own child, instead of her own dead child.
    For nearly ten years, Meyer Knox lived in seclusion.
    As the only child of the Grand Duke, it was fortunate that he could receive education as the successor.
    Raised in a closed space, Meyer absorbed all the education given and performed well. Literature, politics, arithmetics…
    However, it was useless to achieve excellent results.
    The Grand Duke of Knox did not approve of Meyer’s excellent fulfillment, as it may have been due to the demon’s specter.
    That wasn’t all. Grand Duke Knox, who was afraid that the mage might spread outside even after locking Meyer in the spire, donated a large donation to the church and built a large monastery on his estate.
    Then he called together priests and monks, and the territory was filled with the mercy of St. Marianne.
    Still, it wasn’t enough, and he made Meyer pray properly for six hours a day.He believed that it would purify the magic.
    When no one else wanted to be so deeply connected to Meyer, the nanny Jonata complimented him on how great he was and stroked his hair.
    “Now everyone doesn’t know how nice you are, but they will soon find out.” Little Meyer nodded quietly.
    “I don’t care as long as my nanny stays with me. Later, when I become theGrand Duke, I’ll be sure to repay my nanny for this favor.”
    “What do you mean, favor. I have to return the favor. I can’t tell you how happy I am to spend time like his with you.”
    But even that small repose disappeared the moment Meyer turned ten.
    Jonata had died after a long illness from an infectious disease
    The vassals who knew about Meyer’s identity agreed that it was because of Meyer that Jonata died.
    “It all happened because she touched that cursed hair! Jonata must have been cursed too!”
    Jonata’s husband, Vince, stepped in the spire after the funeral.
    <Take care of the boy… Please take care of the little boy, dear. >
    Jonata was worried about Meyer even though she was dying, and Vince was not the one who could refuse such a wife’s will.
    What Vince found in the spire was that young Meyer sat with a blank face and cut his hair without hesitation.
    “What are you doing, young master!”
    Vince hurriedly stopped Meyer. Meyer’s hair was already cut all over the place, and his scalp was scratched by the scissor blade and blood was formed.However, Meyer rather asked as to why he should stop himself.
    “Why?”
    “Why… It’s bleeding. You shouldn’t do this. You have to care for yourself…”
    Vince blurted out his words. He couldn’t figure out how to calm Meyer down.
    Meyer stared at Vince. When Vince saw his reflection in Meyer’s golden eyes, he felt as if everything was closing in on him.
    Meyer spoke in a voice as clear as day.
    “Even though my hair cursed Jonata to death?”
    “No. No!”
    Vince didn’t think Jonata was dead because of Meyer. His wife had just been unlucky.
    But…
    He couldn’t bear to reach for Meyer’s hair.The best he could do was to hurriedly take the scissors from Meyer and tend to the injured wound without touching his hair.Meyer seemed to understand Vince’s true feelings and said nothing.
    Since then, Vince had taken care of Meyer in honor of his wife’s support.But that’s all.Vince could not and would not become a Jonata. Meyer no longer opened his heart to anyone.Since then, Meyer had hated having someone in contact with him. He especially didn’t want them touching his hair.That’s how time passed, and Meyer turned thirteen.One day, the same as always, an unusual dimensional twist suddenly occurred in the Duchy of Knox, and monsters began to slip out.It was the first dungeon.
    Everyone was in a panic because of the phenomenon that was out of the blue.
    The Black Knights did their best to take care of the demons that had escaped from the dungeon, but the loss of human life was significant.The dungeon was a sign of the Demon’s King reign in the world.This was the second sign of the Holy Demon War in a thousand years.Grand Duke Knox had no doubt that all this was because of Meyer.As soon as he received the report that the dungeon had been opened, he went blindly up the spire.
    “The cursed you brought the Demon Lord here! I should have killed you right after you were born from the start!”
    “Your Excellency! You can’t do that!”
    Vince tried to stop it, but the sword of the Grand Duke was the first to descend toward Meyer.
    But at that moment, mana burst out of Meyer’s body.It was an outburst of magical power caused by personal danger and anxious emotions.
    “Keuaak!”
    Meyer’s mana was shady, dark, and violent.The magic devoured the air of Knox as if it were eating him.The magic had consumed Grand Duke Knox, and he was rapidly drying up. With his life force gone, he looked like death itself.Meyer’s face turned pale as he watched it happen right in front of him.He was someone he hadn’t run into many times since he was born, but he was still his father.
    There was a hint of shock at the fact that such a person had tried to kill him and ended up dead because of him.
    “What? The Grand Duke…!”
    Upon hearing the news of the Grand Duke’s death, the Grand Duchess staggered as if she were going to faint. She quipped that this was all Meyer’s fault.
    “I can’t believe my son killed his own father. He’s like a demon! It’s his fault the dungeon was opened. Throw him into the dungeon. He opened the dungeon, he had to close it!”
    “Grand Duchess. Calm down. He is the only heir to the Grand Duke Knox!” Vince cried out shakily.
    However, the Grand Duchess shuddered and shouted, as disgust and hatred against Meyer hit the sky.
    “That is the heir to House Knox! That’s the Demon King’s servant! Hey! Throw that wicked monster into the dungeon!”
    The vassals who knew Meyer’s secret also insisted that they should obey the Grand Duchess’ orders.
    At that moment, there were people who sided with Meyer. They were the Black Knights, the loyal swords of the Knox family.
    They shouted that they could not send the only heir to the House of Knox to death.
    “Grand Duchess, calm down. The young master killed the Grand Duke. The young master has never held a sword properly. There is no way such a person could have killed His Highness the Grand Duke!”
    “The Black Knights will defend that atrocity that killed the Grand Duke! Where exactly does your loyalty and honor reside?”
    “Monsters have escaped the gates and are roaming the castle. The death of His Highness the Grand Duke is merely an unfortunate accident caused by them!”
    The Black Knights, who did not know about the magic Meyer had, thought that the Grand Duchess was trying to use Grand Duke Knox’s death to take down the illegitimate child, the enemy of their eyes. So the castle of Nokentoria was overturned by chaos. Between the chaos, Meyer rose from his seat. Vince wanted Meyer to cry and beg. He was hoping he’d buy some sympathy. But Meyer’s gorgeous golden eyes did not look like the young age of thirteen. He looked at him with a look of understanding of all the bondage and sinfulness that had been placed upon him. Little Meyer Knox spoke softly in a voice that had just become a metamorphic and scratched the metal.
    “I will obey the orders of the Grand Duchess.”
    “Young master!” Vince shouted sadly, but Meyer, who had already made up his mind, had no hesitation.
    Meyer ran into the dungeon on that path.No one thought Meyer would come back alive from the dungeon. Even Vince did.
    But everyone’s expectations were betrayed.
    Just as the Black Knights were about to enter to close the dungeon, the gate rose up and Meyer, covered in demon blood, immediately slipped out.
    It wasn’t long before the dungeon closed after Meyer came out.Closing a dungeon is proof of heroism.The lords and the Black Knights were thrilled by that fact.For them, Meyer Knox was no longer the illegitimate child of the Grand Duke.It was only hope that could be a ray of light in the darkness that had suddenly unfolded.
    “The Black Knights are pleased to meet the 50th Grand Duke Knox!”
    “May the mighty glory be with the warrior’s successor!”
    Public opinion turned completely. They honored Meyer and bowed their heads.
    “He’s the 50th Grand Duke of Knox? Ha, ha, ha!”
    The Grand Duchess laughed incredulously when she heard the news that Meyer had been brought back to life safely.
    “Grand Duchess. Please do allow it.”
    “Hahahahaha!”The Grand Duchess had lost her mind.
    It was concluded that normal judgment was no longer possible, and she was soon locked up in a room.
    So Meyer became the Grand Duke of Knox.The first thing he did when he became the Grand Duke at a young age was to deal with his father’s vassals.There was little opposition in the area because of the reputation of pushing the next Grand Duke Meyer into the dungeon.
    So Meyer handled all the people who knew the secret of his hair except Vince.
    The fact that the Grand Duchess had a “demon spell” when she saw Meyer was considered to be a ruse to express her grief over the loss of the Grand Duke.
    Thus, the Grand Duchess was confined in the name of recuperation and suffered a long illness, but in the end she passed away within a few years.
    Meyer had been constantly closing dungeons since the moment he became the Grand Duke.As if this was the only way he could be recognized.
    As the number of gates Meyer closed increased, the secret of his birth and the suspicion of his father’s murder, which followed Meyer, gradually clouded, and his praise became higher.That’s how 15 years had passed.

8. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know is there's a manhwa adaptation?

Haiting1536 and lazynoodles like this.
  9. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is gonna be a manhwa adaptation for this although the release date hasn't been announced yet.

10. Guide1410

Reading List:
    Link
    about the hair color
    In the gams the hair color of characters represents their mana.
    our MC has white hair so she is a supporting wizard.
    ML’s right hand man and the original main character of the game have red hair because they are fire wizards and use fire magic.
    But for ML his hair is black which is unusual and rare.
    I think it represents that he is monster? idk.

11. Volublekoala965

Volublekoala965 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think black hair represents dark/black magic which is used by demons, that’s why he was called a monster...

12. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen to oriML? Is he gonna die?
    Will MC ever return to her original world?

shiory and Guide1410 like this.
  13. Myrielin

Myrielin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL is 24 and for ML I don't know, but in a chapter, FL say they don't have that many years difference. ML must be below 30 but older than MC.

Ainespi, DOHere, SkyLisette and 4 others like this.
  14. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    So how they gonna fall in love? How is the ending? Spoilers please :blob_plusone:

15. Felesalba

Felesalba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Vince tells Jun about Mayer's past he regrets everything he did in the first life, the assassination attempts, and realizes who is fond of him.

"I heard that Vince was nagging at you about my past."

As soon as we came face to face, I couldn't manage my facial expressions, as the shot went right into the hook, and I hardened my face.

He didn't seem to be planning to unravel this situation softly.

Of course, it's something to be sensitive about, but Meyer seemed to take it more sensitively than I had guessed.

The shadows under his eyes, hollowed out over the next few days, gave voice to his feelings.

Still, he didn't raise his voice, and I could sense his restraint in the way he chose his words so quietly.

Instead of making excuses for the situation, I nodded heavily.

"... Yes."

"So what's your impression?"

"Pardon?"

I frowned at the unexpected question.

Meyer laughed at such a face.

It was a somewhat nervous laugh that didn't seem relaxed at all. He mumbled to himself.

"You must have felt something. Sympathy, fear, anger at having been deceived by me."

There can be sympathy. And fear. But what is the anger of being deceived?

I had no idea.

"You joined the Black Knights because you saw in me the possibility of defeating the Demon King. It's no exaggeration to say that you were fooled... by the fact that the basis of that power is the magic."

Aha. It's that way.

Rather than being angry at me for knowing the secret, it must also be the reason why he looked nervous.

He's afraid I'll leave.

Then, Meyer's chances of dealing with the Demon King are reduced.

It is touching to see how high my value is.

What is the answer that Meyer wants.

However, it seemed difficult to fool him no matter how hard I tried.

It was all the more so because he was serious about it.

Then let's just be honest.

"Well... I don't feel deceived, and I'm not scared. I do have a bit of sympathy, though. I have a bit of sympathy, but that's only natural if I'm human, so let's just move on."

I thought it would be too decorative, but the words had already come out of my mouth.

That's how it happened anyway. I continued my words with an indifferent face.

"Bluntly speaking, I'm glad."

"Glad? Are you messing with me right now?"

Perhaps he thought I was crooked, Meyer's voice rose for the first time. He clenched his teeth and his eyes glared at me piercingly.

For the first time, his hostility that I faced was tantalizing.

My legs almost gave out on me, but I bit down on my teeth.

I should look as calm as I can.

I looked at his angry distorted face and calmly matched my luck.

"Yes. Thanks to the fact that I know that the Commander has magic, I was able to make a more effective plan to overthrow the Demon King. Isn't that naturally gratifying?"

"You really are..."

Meyer laughed in vain. His lips were trembling and sarcasm.

"If you're trying to humor me, I'd say it was very effective."

The romance is slow, but Mayer is the first one who makes his feelings for Jun fluctuate, he gets jealous of another, as we see from MC's perspective she takes it as something normal since she is afraid that he will leave her side as vice captain

16. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is on tappytoon now

D693245A-FB41-4234-B064-7D2ABFFC8D2D.jpeg 3155A219-888B-410A-A599-5BE04FB59106.jpeg

17. luanara

luanara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, does anyone know what would happen to Fabian?

Haiting1536 likes this.
  18. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, need Fabien info. He's being mentioned a lot in the latest translated chapters. Their getting closer to the yearly meeting of the gruops. How does he react at seeing MC in with Meyer and the black knights?

Chorkie and Haiting1536 like this.
  19. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang! I mistakenly thought we suddenly had manhwa adaptation available already and tried searching. Did not notice the word novel on the first line at all

Haiting1536 and Wapdyne like this.
  20. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    Their is a manhaw coming but no date for it has been released as of yet. It's probably going to be a while though since the manhaw will probably catch up to the novel in a flash.

Haiting1536 likes this.