Spoiler Kill the Villainess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 1, 2021.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ignorance of this statement lol. Must be nice to live in a bubble. I dont know what world your lving in if you think peasants and commoners were living well with a monarcy

Noblesse oblige is literally what that is. But no "it's a rare case"

Theres a reason we outgrew it. Cause people found out listening to someone jst cuase they were born into power is a stupid idea. All it takes is one idiot to tank a kingdom

Fyi most of there otome iseka novels jerk off royalty. I dont know what novels your reading where there criticized

Taruna, manvugu, IamMeowChie and 5 others like this.
  2. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you even know what "Noblesse oblige" means? It means those born of privilege (ie, those evil evil nobles) are obligated and are responsible in helping their lessers.

"Commoners were living well with a monarchy" Yeah, when compared to those who lived in independent communities, the ones who lived under lords lived longer, had a sense of security because of their lord's guards, and actually had a chance at decent education.

All that shit in your post just goes to show that all the knowledge you got about that part of western history came from a comicbook

Th.ay, abiecula, bristy_6 and 3 others like this.
  3. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    How cute of you to think noblesse oblige was used as intended and not anused the shit out of lol

But there are problems with this ethos of “noblesse oblige,” and over time those problems eroded the concept. “Noblesse oblige” can lead to assumptions of superiority, the idea that the upper class has gifts to offer the rest of the world, and those poor, marginalized underprivileged people are grateful recipients of this beneficence. It’s a generosity that perpetuates a hierarchy. It keeps the privileged behind a wall of wealth, education and power. It also keeps the “noblesse” out of touch with the reality of life outside that wall, out of touch with economic hardship, out of touch with hard work that doesn’t lead to economic success, out of touch with human suffering and a broader array of human diversity

https://amyjuliabecker.com/the-problem-with-noblesse-oblige/

Maybe you should pick up a history boom andnrrad how serfs were treated
    The ones who lived well were s minority. You learn this shit in elementary school. "Feudal sysrem" ring any bells?They worked in fields all day long and played taxes for this "luxury"

You think referencing a few individuals is a hah "gottem" when the majority toiled under them

Maybe you should stop reading otome isekais. They clearly seem to be affecting your brain and confusing fantasy with real history

Theres something really entitled and tonedeaf about Living in modern times with modern amenities and a govemrnet that evolved and then saying how nobles weren't bad and peasents lving under them had it good

Imagine being a peasant in the 1200s who died from a disease. You couldn't go to the doctor cause you couldn't afford it. You had to keep working on the field to provide for you family. Eventually you die to your disease tour family's penniless and will probably starve in the street or have to go to the local church for there daily bread, and hundred of years later you see a person probably lving in a non feudal society never even knowing how hard it was for them actaully living at the time spitting out her hot take of how "nobles were actually pretty fair" just cause they read a korean harlequin which showed nobles as angelic beings self inserted too hard into the noble MCs

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/medieval-england/the-lifestyle-of-medieval-peasants/

Taruna, manvugu, Creolenerd and 2 others like this.
  4. Anmol

Anmol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I know you’re trying to make points with your opinions but this is a spoiler page. The spoilers on this forum will be difficult for people trying to find as we have a lot of pages already on more of discussion than actual spoilers :)

Shey_04, Asheza, Th.ay and 21 others like this.
  5. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big whoop for you. A couple of points though. Point 1: That article you pointed out talks about noblesse oblige in the modern age, with former president Bush as its primary example. You can't even differentiate between time periods, you're gonna talk shit with me about history? What's the difference, asks your learned self? Economics! Point 2, I never said that living during those times are oh so good for the commoners, which it isn't. Living was harsh and cruel for most of human history and it only ever slightly let up at the start of the machine age. What I did was compare the living conditions of the people under the rule of the monarchy and those who weren't (meaning the ones who were still living in remote areas, probably still wearing loincloths). Point 3, never did I claim that the ruling nobility were saints. I simply pointed out in my first post that demonizing a group of people by measuring them up to modern day sensibilities, which you did, is biased, and that your claim that they were born and raised as evil SoBs is grossly misinformed.

Edit: sorry to the poster before me. Didn't refresh the page so I didn't see your post. Last rant, promise

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  6. GreatMingo

GreatMingo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I've seen a lot of people asking how Eris is supposed to get executed when Helena is just a maid, so here’s my understanding. Helena is from a fallen nobility and her mother was the prince’s nanny so she's known him, Eris and the knight most of her life. I’ve only read the manga so in one of the chapters MC kinda explains that the reason the prince can later marry Helena in the novel is because her family’s nobility was reinstated. So there is no longer the problem of the prince not being able to marry her or for him to kill Eris as she poisoned his now-fiancee.

Intensive Ramble about Helena ahead.

So far I’ve also seen a lot of discourse about Helena’s character and her Marysue behavior. I think the way MC describes her feelings to Helena when she goes and grabs her hands and says something about how soft they are explains my feelings on her pretty clear. This scene helps Mc realize why she dislikes helena so much, because she hasn't experienced hardships in the the way that Mc has. So she fundamentally will never understand how Mc feels and why Helena’s apologies and claims of wanting to be friends mean so little to Mc because Helena's adored by everyone around her so she doesn't understand what its like to be so hated like that and she's not completely naive. She understands that she holds some power over the prince and yet is still incredibly complacent when the prince treats Mc wrong.

7. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well her holding power over him and being loved and never hated is what only the MC knows with her limited information. Later she does figure out the truth and thoug they dont become friends she does understand her better

And do you mean she hasn't experienced hardship the way or Eris or the MC herself did? Cause idk living in modern times is still better then a fallen noble in fantasy land. I dont think the MC thinks Helena had is better then her. She herself wants to go back cusse that time period sucks ass. It would mae no sense for her to assume a fallen noble lving in a a place even she thinks is shit would have it good at all. It would be very contradictory and I dont think the MC is like that all all from what I've seen

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Taruna, mallekei, Creolenerd and 2 others like this.
  8. SaryGM

SaryGM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why they are so? :blobcry:

One enters this spoiler forum very excited when there are new posts:aww:, and only to find discussions and fights of a vicious and existential circle ethernal whether or not Helana or Eris did that.:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    Why they play with my heart that only wants spoilers ... why why :blobsad::blob_teary::blobsneeze:
    if I remember correctly, a little person public the forum for discussions about this novel. :blobwoah::blobpopcorn_two:
    but they like to make innocents like me suffer. :notlikeblob::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

9. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like that, but well, I mean if I were to live in that sorts of world, well now we knew why Witches Mallet exists.

10. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh anyways so does anyone know how the fishes ends up? Like does the rapist still become a king or is he exiled or executed (Like this idea) since the spoilers said he doesn't end up with Helena. Jason and Hubris (I can't remember who is who one a priest and one is a knight? Idk don't care) what happens to them after they kill Anakin or whatever they did. It won't feel satisfactory if all of them live scottfree with just a broken heart. The maid and parents? What happens to them after her death? Also I actually wanna know more of the witch she seems interesting but she's probably just there for the reincarnation stuff. Would've been awesome if she has a spin off of how she destroyed the kingdom...hehehheheh. Anyways that's all. Oh and and pains me to ask this but where does Helena end up? Since her and the prince didn't work out what is she doing?

DOHere, Peerly, Jukki and 3 others like this.
  11. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I think from what I understand both the Emperor and the Marquis won't let her go. She's too important of pawn for them. They won't care if those fucker rape her if any of their actions mean anything. They would feel she's doing better manipulating key men to do things that they might want.

Taruna likes this.
  12. uRIEL9158

uRIEL9158 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys, i beg you! its spoiler forum not whining forum :oops:. Just open new forum if you want to debate. I hope there actually delete func in here:whistle:

13. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 24 is out, and my suspicion that Helena was rather in a forced relationship with the chicken crown prince was right.
    I mean the maid was scolded just because Helena insisted to carry out her duty first than the prince, makes me wonder does the prince even had any quality of a leader or an asshole...

14. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, gotta hand it to people who were still speculating about the ending despite it being on the 1st page. Makes me wonder how they ended up missing it, huh. Anyhow, as always, thanks to the people who actually bothered giving an actual spoiler. I finally found the answer to the age old question about what happened to the 3 stooges :blobpopcorn:

Peerly likes this.
  15. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish someone would elaborate how those three trashes felt after they killed annakin. How they won't be able to revive eris. And how Helena came faring after her revival (post stabbing).

16. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you spoil on what happened to the 3 stooges pleaseee :aww:

17. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, ah, I meant I just learned a bit of what happened to them from a spoiler from 12-13th page. I don't really know in detail either.

18. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh even eris and anakin end up admitting their feelings 4 each other in novel world they will still end up with bad ending none of the people will let them stay alive happily especially king he is a fucking psycho and no doubt other people is already there to create eris downfall so its good that both end up in fl's world and priest basically become more mad when he witnessed fl's burning body he was always proud to have ability to bring any dead person back but if the body gone completely there is no way his abilities will be of any use maybe he can bring helena back because her body is still lying death there but eris no her vessel completely destroyed which is must to hold her soul that's why he is one of the bastard who can't hold himself and kill anakin and other is that knight bastard who given his oath to helena but in end he didn't give any fuck to death lying helena infact getting mad when he watched eris burning body who is basically killer of his master helena and he also with priest participated in killing anakin

19. ayami123

ayami123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the power of literature :)
    the old version of modern media

RealSaMu likes this.
  20. Yae00

Yae00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted the spoilers tho:blobcry::blobcry:
    Anyway, thank you so much for the spoilers, god bless ya my friends :blobReach::blobReach: