Discussion If you could respawn!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SylviaViolet, May 2, 2021.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. Anything done several times will without a doubt get boring. But until than I’d have a fun ride. Besides being immortal can be tough. I would like to see if in the future I ever want to die. I’m able too

2. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah so for self use.
    My assumption was, what if you as a person could do it, not if everyone could, so I assumed you meant that organisations would harvest organs from the respawning person to use for other people thus removing the need for public organ donors, not that the respawning individual themselves could harvest organs for personal use, which seems a bit redundant if they were to simply off themselves and respawn. I mean, the only use of harvesting organs from one self for personal use would just be study.

I guess for respawning people to avoid organ donation, it would then be a question of whether or not it respawns you to an optimal state of health in terms of illnesses, mutations, and injuries. It won't help much if you just respawn with terminal cancer every single time you die.

3. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. If somebody has a car crash and survives but without a liver, sure he can be killed and come back with it. But if somebody has a organ deficiency, maybe since birth, that causes problems but doesn't put his life in danger, would killing him bring him back without his disease? Even if he was born with it? Does that mean you can also kill yourself if your eyesight gets worse and you respawn with 10/10 each eye? If not, he would need an organ transplantation. And the blood is still usefull, cuz we won't put somebody through dying each time he needs a transfusion.

4. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have preferred save state ability rather than respawn ability. With respawn ability you can revive but you can't undo the mistake that cause your death. Even if I got revived at death if I fucked so bad that I might as well die, it doesn't matter if I can respawn. Like if I accidentally start nuclear war or something.
    With save state ability I can just load a save state when I died and choose better alternative path. Though I would prefer to control when to save state and have multiple instead of one random save state like from Re:Zero.

Exalted likes this.
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    The part about genetic/birth issues honestly depend on the exact nature of the resurrection.
    As for transfusion, Maybe? I mean if resurrection is so prevalent, I would wager a guess that dying is considered just another Monday. In that culture, dying is just not a big deal. So if resurrection lets you get a heal all easily, I would assume that,
    1. That participants dont really mind dying-resurrection cycles.
    2. There would be a lot of incentive to develop methods that lets one die easily and painlessly.
    3. And why bother figuring out transfusion and stuff when you can just like easily die (which is considered a normal thing to do) and be back to peak condition? I really dont see why medical knowledge will bother with figuring out transfusions when they can be essentially solved by a pair of artery clippers and some drug to knock you out unconscious.

Baldingere likes this.
  6. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i think you will be on a high demand for any jobs with high risk
    like working on middle east.

btw, where will the user respawn after death? what if he cant choose and respawn on the same place he died and the place has turn lethal for living things like Chernobyl level radiation, some active volcanoes(user fall right into lava), mariana trench, etc etc

7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to try my chance with skydiving and paragliding! :aww: always love high places, but has always been too afraid of death to actually try it.

Baldingere likes this.
  8. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Learn to swim.
    No, I'm not joking.

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  9. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link