Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel unmotivated watching this... I opened my browser, put the site, and then... closed it. Well... reddit says that next episode is mimi's and she never disappoint. maybe I'll check next episode, maybe I won't.

did taichi get blitzgreymon in this episode? at this point, idgaf about taichi. I'm fed up.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, it was actually a super meh episode, but the ending paid off.

Taichi did get Blitzgreymon, but that wasn't a particularly noteworthy moment or a growth moment for Taichi... It was just an alternate evolution that came due to the environment. It was just something the animators seems to have done on a whim (or to sell more toys, I dunno).

Anyways, I'd say the first 15 minutes or so of this episode are honestly kinda boring, but I suggest you try slogging through them. The last 5ish minutes ended up being worth it.

And yeah, next episode seems to be about Mimi, and it looks promising~

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This episode felt... Kinda meh?

Like, it was a Mimi episode alright, it just... Didn't really add anything new? It felt like mostly filler from beginning until the end... I was at the very least hoping the final boss would be Blastmon, but it was just a random Perfect form.

I mean, it was nice seeing Mimi play the whole company president thingy I guess, but I liked it a lot more on the Tanemons episode.

4. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I just watched episode 6-8 and holy **** this show is so good. Like, I don't get why people are rating it so low on myanimelist.

It's got worldbuilding, character depth, and oh my god, the way the digimon have such a sense of understanding for how their partners feel; it's so so sweet.

The character models look so weird to me. I mean, the adults look normally proportioned, but the kids have such big heads, hands, and feet.

The music and action is so good. Like I know it's not much and only really one scene during the entire episode, but they really make you feel how triumphant the moment is, and the fact that it's also thematically tied to the bonding of the kids with their digimon, that just makes it that much better.

Also, during episode 7, I was wondering why don't they travel on the backs of their giant-formed digimon all the time instead of only walking around, and then I imagined something or one attacking them because of how big of a target they would be. And then in episode 8 that's exactly what happened!

And I feel like these kids do not act like normal people. Like they're constantly in life-threatening situations, but they're super chill about it. But that's like the nature of the beast when you're talking about these kind of shows, so it's not really a complaint. Well, at least one of them's justifiably cowardly.

Overall, I would say it's a mighty good show.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... wait until you get to the current episode?

AliceShiki and Silver Snake like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Many dedicated digimon fans were disliking the early stages of the show due to being Adventure again and because it is more battle-focused than usual. That might explain the low-ratings.

That said, for some reason they decided to start throwing some fillers around episode 35ish, which might explain some of the latter bad ratings it might have gotten.

Silver Snake likes this.
  7. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    I just watched episode 9 and 10 guys and it was sooo good. I felt that bond with ogremon, and the way he looked at them and told them to go forward just before he sacrificed himself; gave me chills.

And that flute theme in episode 10, felt so fantastical and adventurous. And the evolution was so wicked! Easily my favorite part in all of anime is the still shots with no animation, just kanpeki hand drawn art.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, I personally loved most of the series. Pretty much the only reason why I'm on a break is that they started adding fillers, and I decided to let them stockpile because I dunno when they'll end.

Silver Snake likes this.
  9. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    If ever I should come upon such knowledge, I shall share it with you, I swear it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

Silver Snake likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Still 15 eps behind >.<

Silver Snake likes this.
  12. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how is it @Blitz @Silver Snake ? Have you gotten yourself to the current episode? What are your opinions?

Silver Snake likes this.
  13. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I feel ashamed. I stopped watching after episode 15. It was very exciting, but I didn't really feel invested. I think I got exhausted from the constant highs. Like episode 11-15 felt like a finale, but it wasn't, there were so many continuous battles, I felt as exhausted as the characters were.

I think it's definitely better to watch, or was designed to watch weekly rather than binging.

How about you, what do you think of the show?

14. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it too. That's why I ask, to see if it gets better.

15. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I watched this week's episode, since it is about takeru & patamon's. Looking at reddit and withthewill, it seems like the series pacing will be picked up again. @AliceShiki the filler seems to be done.

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally~

I'll think I'll try catching up next week then~

Shiki likes this.
  17. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about the current episode, I wonder if Lucemon is an option for future Patamon evo? It's like a slide evolution for Holy Angemon if current Holy Angemon is made of Angemon and Devimon. I really like that part, even if the evo scene left a lot to be desired. Weregarurumon, Metalgreymon, and Greymon's digivolution screentime should be reduced for more angemon-> holy angemon. It's too plain compared to others beyond Taichi and Yamato.

18. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki @Gandire Alea

Just watch episode 50. It is worth watching despite not watching the other episode. I skipped too, to this episode just because it is takeru & hikari's episode today.

Gandire Alea likes this.
  19. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it’s been obvious I stopped watch~

20. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Still stuck on episdoe 24 <.<