Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mysterious _ me

Mysterious _ me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May be? I am observing things unnecessarily. I didn’t know red roses symbolise violence. So far I have known it for pure, deep love only. As for the story, let the author do her work. If the author try to end the story according to the fandom, we will get lots of loopholes as it’s not the story they plan to make. What to do with the story where the dots are not connected, it just gives you sour feeling at the end. I know Eros is despised by fandom but don’t forget that even Psyche was despised before and some of them still do. If author has amend the story due to Medea’s fandom, we would not have witness the amazing transformation of Psyche (a character which have lots of potential to show, if well written she can be a good example of character development like Naruto, but let’s see how author will portray her).

When I mentioned about Greek mythology, I say about the role reverse. In your throne, Psyche was rumoured to be a monster just like Eros in Greek mythology. I don’t know in future chapters, if this rumours will affect Psyche or not. About Helio and Medea kissing, the woman knight who saw them that night in that position, is Eros’ Knight. I think he knew about it from his knight, not through gossip. You can see the woman knight in other chapter where Eros’ knights are shown. And Eros being jealous or possessive towards Medea? Well, Eros may despise Medea but he admire her intelligence. If the king of Hennel marry her, with her intelligence she will prosper the Hennel kingdom, which I think Eros was concerned about. I don’t think he was jealous. “My woman”, I am still confused who he was referring to.

“Closest to the heart of the empire” - I think it has nothing to do with how much political power Medea have than Psyche. When the oracle happened, Medea was in Psyche’s body. The closest to the heart of the empire, I think it was referring to the heart of the emperor or Eros who is the emperor’s proxy now. The heart of the emperor is Eros as he is his son but who is the closest to the heart of Eros? If it was Medea (which we all have assumed), he would have planned to kill her but instead he is planning to make her his empress. I don’t know where you get the idea that Eros love himself. I may be still confused about his personality, but one thing I am sure about Eros is he love his empire more than him. As I have mentioned in my past post, it’s his compulsion to make Medea his empress because according to oracle, if he is the one to destroy the empire, Medea as the empress will prosper it again with her intelligence.

And about love, I think the author will showcases more about loving soul than body as we know two female leads keep on switching bodies.

Iris Astria Li, K12340 and Lilyworld like this.
  2. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok. Yeah hopefully he will appear. Thank you for the clarification.

3. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He just didn't want Perion to probably steer away Medea and Psyche away from him and support Perion. You know, to Eros- Psyche and Medea are his toys and Phell had already (in Eros's pov) drove away psyche from him. He just didn't want Phell to take away Medea, his other trophy.

Mysterious _ me and Lilyworld like this.
  4. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I feel like Eros loves himself more than his Empire? If he really loved the Empire, why would he be doing everything to get more power? I agree, I'm not entirely sure about his personality either (I mean, the author didn't even give him an MBTI type although the story clearly portrays him like an ENTJ ... so that could be a sign that Eros will get backstory and more info on his personality). He probably would have gone through with his engagement with Medea, and not engaged Psyche if he loved the emperor. I think I can be sure to say that Eros loves power and being superior to others, but I'm not sure how much he cares for the Empire or his actual personality. We know he's very intelligent, is skilled at manipulating people, likes being superior to others, is good at pretending to have and mimicking emotions, is ruthless, and wants more power, but other than that, we don't know much about him.
    I also agree that the roles were switched. Psyche was called a monster, but honestly, she's more like an angel. (Really, Psyche is the most innocent and pure character in the whole webtoon of morally grey/black characters, which stands as a nice contrast.) Eros is the real monster (or at least, he's been portrayed as such).
    And I do think Eros is somewhat attracted to Medea - if he didn't, wouldn't he just propose a deal between them? Why would he blush? His actions seem like he mainly wants Medea as Empress because with her as a ruler, the Empire will prosper, but also because he seems attracted to her and also wants to be superior to her (Like in Chapter 34).

I agree. Although I think he values Medea more than Psyche. I think he thinks of Medea as a queen in chess, someone who is inferior to the king but is very useful, and Psyche as a pawn that he can sacrifice. He seems to mock and hate how Psyche can't hold her own in aristocratic society but seems to admire, or at least recognize, that Medea is very intelligent and a rival. In the end, though, he thinks of them as tools, maybe toys, that he can use.

5. Lieutenant Myst

Lieutenant Myst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!!!! Dekis showed up!!! And he looks gorgeous!!! Psyche, I hope you fall in love with him (though that most likely won't happen but hey, a girl can dream)

6. Lilyworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyche X Decis FOREVER (Even though they never met before ... I still ship them ... )

7. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp are we shipping Psyche with everybody?? Last time we shipped Psyche with Phell.... it turned out that they will prob never meet until ep 100 or something. I think Psyche ends with herself, or Medea or God.
    [Though I'm lowkey shipping Psyche with Medea and Dekis.]

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  8. Starynight

Starynight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God??? Lol
    Come to think of it, we don't have enough info about the god. I wish to know why exactly would he help medea and psyche switch bodies? I know that it is for story development but what would he( or is it a she?) Gain from this? Does the god truly loves psyche or is just a illusion created by psyche's power? Then again, we don't know the limit of psyche's power or what are the things one can do with it?

9. Mysterious _ me

Mysterious _ me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I once shipped Medea and Psyche and always used to think if Medea was a male character, people will ship her with Psyche not Helio. But we know, that is not gonna happen. I even shipped Perion and Psyche. At that time, she was heartbroken and he was the only one who can lock horn with Eros. But as story progress, it is shown he is more connected to Medea not Psyche, I stopped shipping. Well, Dekis and Psyche? I don’t know whether they will be end game or not, even if they have not met, one thing is common between them, they both are “tea” person. The other 3 characters (Medea, Eros and Helio) are seen drinking wine but Perion, he is on different level, he is the one seen drinking “whisky/scotch”.

Muskaan2004, aliceyriz, DIJ28 and 6 others like this.
  10. Ottomation

Ottomation New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing screenshots of the raw chapter 76 really makes me want saturday to come quick so i can get the english version of chapter 72:cry:

11. Lieutenant Myst

Lieutenant Myst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If tea is the only thing Dekis and Psyche have in common then that's alright with me. People have created ships between two characters who don't even have something in common.

12. Nagisa11

Nagisa11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. jessi2311

jessi2311 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nagisa11 omg thank you I love you so much

Nagisa11 likes this.
  14. Nagisa11

Nagisa11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a lot of spoilers in this thread so be careful, most of the users are ahead of us cause some read the raws etc.

+two characters who haven’t even met yet lmao

15. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for late post of summary, I was supposed to do this yesterday but oh boy this chapter had a long explanation on exposing Noble's crime. I hope I can keep this one short. (Once again disclaimer: I used translator app to recite the summary of chapter, so apologize in advance if there's a mistake once future english chapter comes out).

Chapter 76
    • It started from what's left in previous chapter on Medeia questioning audiences about human nature for wanting to crush & kill the head of someone you despise etc, resulting all the audiences in long silences and unable to against what she said. Medeia expected this since those are the way of normal people think, moreover for those who have been driven from war to the abyss of their lives would not be a big deal, as she minded it herself.
    • Psyche shouted & intervened Medeia. She's in disbelief in how could someone like Medeia would say such a provoking bad words toward audiences and seems covering up the sinners. She wondered if Medeia did this because she knows something & whether to trust her or not. She imagined herself if she was in Medeia's position, the crown prince might've stop the trial.
    • But as Medeia's voice echoing in her mind to whatever she does, Psyche should place the trust on her. Psyche determined as in realization that was too late to backed off after the shouts since she already gained the attention from the audiences. While she was struggling to think about next words, luckily for Medeia to continues the topic naturally and Helio signaled Psyche to let her go back to her seat.
    • Medeia brought up on the crown prince was angry for "those way of living" shouldn't be seen as righteous. She pointed a question to the audience on the differences between them and the sinners, with a reason why the act of them judging the sinners exist is in order to protect people's morality despite have the same kind of desire.
    • Iaros complimented on Medeia's clever way to cover her words. By repeating using "we" and "them" as to referring his people as the victim while the sinners are the preparator who committed great crimes. When Medeia digged into the guilt of the listeners and start defended them, hence the people would assimilate with her thoughts and support her. He minded on how this is the reason why he loves Medeia for having a great power of well-designed horse.
    • Marquis Horn who noticed something would get worse started panicking, he needs to stop Medeia for speak further. However everything is in vain after Medeia cut his words by exposing Noble's greatest crime in the guide of power, which is none other than human trafficking.
    • Medeia brought the audiences to think about the imperial war, the war that previously brought the victory onto Esperanto to the highest status. Was the victory really have been made through the noble victory or was there none of innocent death at all? These questions to pointed out the death wasn't happened only in battlefield, but also give to the people on daily basis. There's a family who used to live harmonious before the war, now have their daughter starved to death, the funeral cost only just earn a silver coins.
    • While everyone was grieving over the story of <five lives for one silver coins>, Duke Thesion Belial sought the changes & claimed nobles should join the forces and save people. They established a temporary monastery as an institution only for the commoners in order to select the outstanding children by every year. As in return they get support such as meal, garment, dormitory support as well as free charge of education. The parents who were enthusiastic for this regard sending their children away happily without knowing what kind of hell awaits them.
    • As Medeia showed the evidences, there are 30 children out of 100 who went missing each year. While it doesn't seems unusual by seeing as a whole, if they consider about the divine inviolability for monastery should not be attacked those movement were regarded as suspicious. Because on where else did they disappear? Those incident such as murdered teacher, kidnapping, rape, human trafficking, drug distribution and other 26 charges were committed by those six guilty nobles. This caused an audience in the intense silence as Medeia deeply thought of how this will be the night before the storm.
    • Entering the flashback scene where Medeia went into place full of the archives of many confidential documents, as it's also a place for a long history of Belial house. If it was not because of Belial's sigma ring she wore on her finger, she may not allowed to enter the place. Amongst all the thousands documents, Medeia's attention was turn to the dry flowers that seems leaving a hint for the documents of war corruption placed in beyond of the bookshelves. Which raised the question if it was coincidence or this is bound to be inevitable.
    • The scene ended with Dekis, holding flower petals from the same dry flower in the flashback, wondered if it's ridiculous to suddenly acted like an older brother for Medeia.

16. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I freaking cringe when Medea start to list out the crimes that the evil nobles did, and I’m they are doing it to children no less. Disgusting really:blobangery:.
    Psyche’s reaction is understandable, she was not in the plan and while the audience didn’t outright argue with Medea, it’s clear that the atmosphere was changed after Helio’s statement so Medea’s “human nature” speech is really not good for her. But like this is Medea and she had plan everything out so I’m not too worried. I still have to applaud her for using this to turn the tables.
    I think Dekis is the one left the flower there, and with how the chapter end, I have a feeling he will appear in the trial sooner or later.

17. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wished for Dekis to appear in trial, while maybe right now without him Medeia already leading the trial as she planned. But with him presents will showed more evidences on not only how messed up the situation in Belial house but also a character growth for Dekis to change Medeia's opinion toward him. It's kinda wish fulfilment on me but I want this sibling to work together and as fans wished if there's a chance of Dekis meeting Psyche, i will support them. (Tho i still leaning way too much with Psyche & Medeia together).

18. Lilyworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think Decis and Psyche would be good friends if they met ... besides tea, they both have strong moral compasses. (Lawful good, I think) They want to be independent, too.

19. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, I want to ask. Phell can saw people aura (or something like that), right? Did he know about medeia and psyche can switching body?

Lilyworld likes this.
  20. Seshiru99

Seshiru99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The woman he was referring to was Medea. It's obvious that he is obsessed with her. There was a flashback of their first meeting (Medea and Eros) and you can tell that from there on he was interested in Medea. I'm not saying what he feels for her is love because he's a selfish mf. There is a comment above and I totally agree with her. You can tell the difference how he treated Psyche and how he treats Medea whether Medea's in front of him or not.

What I'm actually waiting for is ch 76. Can someone please spoil us, mere mortals? Thank you very much!