Discussion which BL novel is your favorite ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by efo, May 3, 2021.

?

which BL novel is your favorite ?

1. The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System

2. The Legendary Master’s Wife

3. The Founder of Diabolism

4. The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love

5. other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was bored ( yet again ) and thought "why not post a thread before going to bad".

so I think mine was "legendary masters wife". call me a sadist all you want but I liked their relationship.

please tell me which one is your favorite and why.

edit: these are the ones that I read and remember most because other novels didn't really have much effect on me but I saw that some of you want more options so I decided to add "other" option.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    I like all, but the one got my top candy just has to be Mo Dao Zu Shi. Omg, thinking of my baby, I remember all the sweet scene in The Untamed and our babies YiZhan :blobnosebleed: Still obsessed:blobokhand::blobxd:

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read SVSSS out of the four, unfortunately. So that'd be my top choice! But, if I could pick outside of those four, I'd pick Trash Bin Boyfriends and Earth is Online as well~ :cookie:

4. Yansusustories

Yansusustories Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it have to be from those four? Because honestly, my actual favorite will be Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil any day you ask me :blobmelt: Among those four though, I definitely liked The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System the most.

5. thatweebudontknow

thatweebudontknow Apparently I exist

Reading List:
    Link
    From those choices definitely mo dao zu shi, it's so well-written and there is no plot like it and I thoroughly enjoyed the drama (the untamed) too
    I haven't read the reader and the protagonist definitely have to be in true love but while svsss and lmw are both good novels in my opinion they don't compare in any way to mdzs

Altho if it wasn't restricted to just those choices my top fav is definitely heaven's official blessing or 2ha

Shorng, efo and Deleted member 306720 like this.
  6. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    If from the choices above only, then I guess MDZS because I like love pining and mystery stories best.

efo and Deleted member 306720 like this.
  7. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The read and protagonist is a bit too under rated SVSSS and MDZS is too popular that it over shadow a lot of good BL. Legendary Master Wife, always wanted to sart it but ita over 700 ch which is fine with me but i heard mixed reviews about it and got lazy

readerz and efo like this.
  8. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read 3 partially except scum villian, tbh while I did enjoy them I don't love them, as the story progresses i eventually have issues with all of them.

LMW - it felt bland, the sex scenes eventually felt boring, dub con, didn't really feel the couple had good dynamics.
    MDZS- I loved the characters, and the general story, but I don't really like how the author decides to present them and execute the story, something about it always feels forced or convoluted.
    R&P- yandere is a nono for me, some rape scenes just didn't sit well with me and i don't understand how the mc is in love with the ml at all.

but all in all they were enjoyable reads and I did like them for what they were.

if i have to say I would say my fav is maybe Don't Pick Up Boyfriends From The Trash Bin
    or Silent Reading.

also, on a different subject, I don't like Face of a Devil (FOD) and think it's overrated and problematic.

efo likes this.
  9. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only listed novel that I read to the end is the reader and the protagonist definitely have to be in true love. So my fav is definitely this. I read The Legendary Master's Wife before, quite good, this is my 2nd fav. As for Scum Villain Self Saving System is... Well I'm not that fond of angsty plot... I got hurt many times so I don't remember what this novel is about, only got the feeling that I read it before. The last one I never read it, I read the manga for 10 chapters or so... And I deem the settings is too complicated for me to read the novel so I give up

If you like both SR and DPBFTB, I think you would like Card Room. but I think you already read it lol

If you like both SR and DPBFTB, I think you would like Game Loading. but I think you already read it lol

10. dreamdaisy

dreamdaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read them all. My favorite is The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love.

It just feels like a harem with one guy. Super exciting, satisfied, and smutty. However a bit poisonous.

11. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohohoho:aww: we have same taste na frien’:blobokhand::blobowoevil_horns:

thatweebudontknow and efo like this.
  12. thatweebudontknow

thatweebudontknow Apparently I exist

Reading List:
    Link
    Good taste ; ):sushi_dead:

efo likes this.
  13. kurokitsune8

kurokitsune8 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually absolutely love " Legendary master's wife" even though I voted for Mo dao zu shi.
    I feel like it has very balanced story progression and can keep the reader engaged through out.
    And the reason I didnt vote for it because it cannot be compared to Mo dao zu shi (this is OP)

efo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.