Spoiler The Villain is Trying to Make Me a Stepmom / 흑막 여주가 날 새엄마로 만들려고 해

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so adorable

2. cale henituse

cale henituse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no specific reason she just doesn't like to wear dresses

Bella94, Marie_0720, Ecstasy and 5 others like this.
  3. foodiedaemon

foodiedaemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heeeeeeyyyyy any spoilers pleaseeeeee?!?!?!?!

4. Celly RIvers

Celly RIvers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Irangbi (just search that on instagram and you find the artist), she is the novel artist. And about the manhwa artist i don't really know.

Guide1410 likes this.
  5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I found the artist of the novel.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/nartist/irangbi/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/nartist/이랑/

I found the artist of the manhwa is 하리힌 (Hariheen) their artwork is so pretty.
    The artist of the manhwa is @heen_hari on Twitter you can check their other works there.
    also I had no idea that this is the same author as As You Wish, Prince

6. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 1. Welcome, Abonim. Are you new to the world of books?

Everyone seems to be jumping into the wagon (?) of transmigrating in a novel!

I've done it too!

A citizen 1 who no one knows exists in poverty against the backdrop of a wealthy land. Perfect!

Now that I know all the contents of the book, I think I should buy a house, land, and make money here, Yoohoo!

·······that's what I thought. But I couldn't be more wrong.

Rich and poor.

The dirty logic is the same either in the real world or the book world.

"Are you Daisy Heidi?"

The person who asked the question was a huge mountain of a man.

He has the impression of being harsh, but his tone and gestures were flawless and neat.

At his feet, a man with a familiar face, with his arms crossed was kneeling and sobbing.

“heuk, heueum······hooong!”

It was Polyp. He was the first boyfriend she had in this world… NOT, he was but a close acquaintance close to a male friend.

The only thing we had in common was that if I am a Citizen 1 of the poorest, Polyp was Citizen 2 of the poorest.

And his weakness is that he has no sense.

"Daisy······! I'm sorry! ohyong, euhohohyong!"

He let go of my name in front of an unfamiliar man and shook his tears.

Only then did I realize that this was unusual.

"Huh?" Now······· Who?

I stood blankly and pricked my lips as if I had been hit in the head.

The man said again that he thought I hadn't heard.

"The Duke of Dairn Hensdon is waiting."

Then he looked sideways at somewhere.

Soon two more men emerged from the dark.

"What's wrong, what's wrong!"

They stood on either side and held my arms in an instant.

Polyp, who was watching this scene, cried eagerly.

"Daisy!"

"Polyp! This is ·····!"

"Don't worry. He's the most retarded man in the city. There won't be any business for people like us!"

"What?"

"If you happen to see the Duke, will you tell me a good story? I

I'm not a suspicious criminal! No, it's not.

Rather, it is a workforce that can do short-term jobs such as cleaning up fallen leaves in the garden and cleaning stables. Huh?"

Your friend is being dragged away and you hear that sound?! Unable to stand it any longer, I used my foot instead of my hand held and kicked Polyp's butt.

"Argh!"

"If you pretend to know me from now on, I'll kill you!"

"I'll be waiting for your call! All right, Daisy?

Polyp, like the epitome of public nuisance, made me spin to the end.

I asked as I was dragged along.

"Hey! How much do you need to pay to put a man in cement and put him in the sea?"

"Let's get in."

The man smirked me into the carriage instead of answering.

As soon as the carriage started with the clapping hoofs, I closed my eyes, unable to overcome my fear.

Why? The Duke of Henston, as Foley said, is a man on a cloud who has nothing to see with common people like us, and I am the center of power in this country that even drops birds.

But there's another reason why I'm so nervous.

He's the father of the heroine!

The Duke was so magnificent that he couldn't even be sized. It was more like a large citadel than a mansion.

"Is this her?"

A heavy, cold voice flew from the desk.

The man who brought me answered politely.

"Yes, Duke,"

Form Then, at the Duke's glance, he slipped out of the room without a soundlessly. I dared not breathe much, kneeling on the soft carpet, softer than my quilt.

Ah······ But it's really soft.

Is this 100% cashmere?

I can't even think of a scarf because it's expensive to use it as such a big carpet.

How rich is he?

"Sit down for now.

When I slightly looked up at the Duke's words, I saw an antique chair with silk embroidery on his back.

I shook my head stubbornly.

"It's comfortable here."

"Really? Then from now on, listen carefully to my story and answer only the questions."

He sat on the chair instead of recommending it twice neatly.

"Daisy Heidi, 24,

You worked at the Shanu restaurant on the boulevard.

Other than that, I have no family and my hometown is unclear. ·······."

"...I'm still working."

"No, it's in the past."

"Yes·······?"

"You just got fired."

"What?!" No, what do you mean?

How hard I've been trying to work in that nobles-only restaurant! "I can't believe you got fired! How generous the guests there are!"

He hurriedly raised his head to the rising resentment.

At the moment, I barely held my tongue open without realizing that I almost opened my mouth.

When I first saw heroine's father, I thought he was only in his mid-20s.

Like a beautiful heroine father who makes everyone look back, he also had a jaw-dropping appearance.

Just the expression "handsome" wasn't enough. It seemed like a terrifying cold was spewing out of the deep and dark blue waters like the sea with an unknown end. Uh-huh. That's all.

The sun-soaked blonde hair was bright as if it would burn just by brushing it, and the skin was as fresh as an avalanche that had just spilled.

He's a walking natural disaster.

It's charming, but makes you feel numb.

There's such a thing as a nice but creepy sense of pressure.

Having died of the century, I quickly shook my head again.

Something banked and rolled in front of me for free.

"Uh······?"

It was a gold necklace.

The ruby in the middle of the necklace and the angel-patterned pure gold work surrounding him were speechless and beautiful.

So

It's a necklace that people like me wouldn't even have had a chance to touch if it wasn't cheap at the auction.

"It must be familiar."

The sound of footsteps coming toward me was threatening.

I don't know, why is this here ······?

"Your friend was stupid enough to get caught selling it to a jewelry store."

The Duke's voice fell down as if he had read my mind.

Just above the top of my head.

"What?"

"The shopkeeper who suspected stolen goods reported it.

I heard you needed a quick change to buy your girlfriend a carriage."

"What, what?!"

"But I heard you were the one who gave this to that stupid young man."

This. This······!

You're crazy!

Only then did everything make sense.

Why was Pollyp crying beside a scary man like that, and why I was taken instead.

And what does that mean when you say you're not a suspicious criminal? I drew a thousand curses inside and hurled them at the guy who didn't even look like him.

I have to move with my sick old mother, but I don't have enough money to worry about. Was that a lie?

There's a way to underestimate the favor of someone who wanted to help somehow!

At that time, when he was grinding his teeth, the necklace that was pulling out the brilliant figure was brutally trampled on the Duke's old feet. Stretching.

"Ha!"

How much is this? I couldn't even open my mouth and my chest was pounding.

It was a waste, but I was so scared of the Duke's spirit of stepping on this without any hesitation.

The Duke's cold question flew to me, trembling.

"Where did you get this?"

I thought I might get a real X if I answer wrong here.

A man who can peel off my head and put it in a kilt somewhere in this cashmere rug.

And it will be after the fact-finding process has already been completed anyway.

There will be no point in telling a lie.

Having finished organizing the situation, I quickly put my hands together for free and answered politely.

"Auctions were held to dispose of the legacy of Mrs. Maxnear, who died alone, and I bought almost all the money I had saved there."

Isn't it an excavation? Not at all, don't you dare!

"But isn't it weird? You couldn't have had a hobby or a chance to go to a pingso auction." 'That's·····.'

"And the auction for the sale of Mrs. Maxnair's property was small enough to know her acquaintances, so why did she choose it?"

As expected, my judgment cried.

The Duke of Hensdon sat cross-legged, flapping something before my eyes.

That must be a document with all the information about me.

I decided he'd answer everything honestly, including weight and decimal places, if he asked.

"Well, I mean, ····."

I don't know.

I shouted with my eyes closed.

"Mrs. Maxnair, who always said that she had only shabby clothes, was actually a huge miser who lived with treasure in her house!"

Hyukhyuk, I forgot to breathe and shot like a rapid fire. In an instant, the silence subsided.

The city of Pontifoul, where I live, is a large city called the country's commercial center, very close to the capital.

Thanks to this, various auctions are held here several times a day.

Even ordinary people like me can snoop around for fun on weekends with small amounts of money in their pockets.

Most of the time, of course, it's all about picking up some cheap stuff, but that's not the real beauty of the auction.

There was also a life-reversing auction in which a large number of valuable things were submitted that were sometimes truly eye-catching at times to time.

" ···How did you know such high-level information?"

The Duke, who had been silent for a while, rose again and came closer to me.

His toes, wrapped in luxurious leather boots, soon touched my knees.

I took turns looking at my crumpled necklace and my knees.

If I didn't answer correctly, I felt an unspoken pressure to make my crucible the same.

I took a deep breath and said calmly.

"From now on, I'll tell you everything I know. Duke,"

"Good. I like it."

He smiled lightly.

The sound of laughter, which seemed unpleasant, hovered briefly at the tip of my head and then disappeared.

I've read so many times that I've been biting my lips and quickly summarized what I almost memorized.

"Chapter 1 is 'Everything about this world, the impoverished novel.' There's a lot of depiction of the heroine, Pieta Henston."

"······What?"

The absurdity that the Duke of Henston could not hide was completely reflected.

Oops, why didn't I just tell you the first guy? How long has it been since then?

"How could this happen?"

His mouth was filled with exclamations.

"I can't believe it."

"Yes, no wonder you think so."

"This is the world in the book ····."

Suddenly, one side of his mouth was raised sharply.

"It's very fun."

Surprisingly, the Duke of Henston seemed to find this quite interesting.

Of course, I don't know how much he's done to make this ridiculous story believable.

He had to pick up on secrets that he could never know unless he was a member of the duke, even memories he had forgotten.

"If you have any questions, just let me know!"

Not only did I reveal the secret I had hidden, but I talked about it in a hurry to force the contents of the book into his head.

Because I was so happy that my heroine's father trusted me, it seemed clear that I was out of the woods.

As if to lend itself to my fervent cooperation, the Duke of Hensdon rolled his blue eyes in silence for a moment.

"What's the title of the book?"

Perhaps he simply asked a question that just popped into his head without much thought.

I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so it's hard to choose first, "Ah······."

But I just had to remain silent like a honeyed mute.

Because the title of his book is a problem.

“Well, that………… Instantly, my face turned red.

“That's why the Duke’s daughter rolled in the pumpkin field with her whole body!", and this embarrassing title really exists, which seems to have to roll forward about 30 times as soon as you speaks.

"So, the title is ····."

The Duke's head tilted when he hesitated to answer. "The Duke’s daughter, with her whole body and whole body ····

'What?' I felt like I was being punished.

I mean, who named this title that's embarrassing to even say it out loud? I want to beat him up if I can.

I was forced to clench my fists and move the title as fast as I could.

"This is why the Duke’s daughter rolled the pumpkin field with her whole body."

There was no response from him for a while.

It was obvious that he didn't even see what kind of expression he was making.

He must have a face that seems to be scornful.

"I don't understand."

However, after a while, he opened his mouth with a sincere voice.

"Yeah?"

"Why is my daughter rolling to get dirty? She has never seen or even near a farmhouse before."

Father! That's.

That's not what rolling means!

Ha, who the hell really made the title like that?

Where are you?

Anyway, he is like a human being like an enemy that is of no use to life!

I used abusive language inside and chewed my lips until it hurt.

······what.

Is the main culprit right here?

Yeah, now what to hide, it was me.

Episode 2. <The reason why the Duke’s daughter rolled the pumpkin field with her whole body.>

<The reason why the Duke’s daughter rolled the pumpkin field with her whole body.>

Just by looking at the title, the Black dragon twisted his arms and legs! (?.. Dunno what that means)

The novel, which will create a world of outcry, was in fact a novel with only ten writers and readers.

In other words, this mysterious and mysterious waste is a story written by ten friends who gathered to forget the rigors of reality for a while.

And I was one of them, too.

At first, it was only to fan each other's favorite characters in other novels or cartoons.

But our desire grew bigger and bigger.

It became a hot potato with no way to cool down.

Eventually we put the potatoes together to create a monster diet that no one can easily digest.

The ten male protagonists, who generously contained their dirty tastes, were simply eccentric men with no ordinary corners, and there was only one mistress loved by them.

The story carried our desires and ran.

In the large city of Pontiful, ten male and female females were insanely unfolding their own passions, greed, and pleasures.

When I first realized that I was possessed by this novel, I was lucky I wasn't crazy.

But that's also for a while. I was just happy.

Now that I have entered a world that I contributed to its birth, I thought I only had to enjoy a comfortable life.

Well, in the end it was a mistaken belief... "So the reason why I entered this book...."

I never thought I'd say my past life in front of the heroine's father.

When I recalled the time when I was living a hard life as a part-timer, I was so emotional.

And the climax of this story, the memory of the moment I died.

"········ I lost my mind in the smoke.

After that, I opened my eyes and it was a story that I and my friends wrote as a joke."

There was a hot feeling in my heart. I rubbed my sore nose with my hands one after another.

The Duke, who had always listened to me with no expression, opened his lips for the first time.

"So the heroine here is my daughter?"

Only that story is of interest until you pull up your chair.

"What? Yes, yes ····." Hey, father?

Did you hear my past story about a miserable death while working part-time as a bee to pay off my debts?

"Hom, my daughter is the heroine. Well, that would've been a given."

Haha, you didn't hear that.

He muttered in a voice full of pride, without hiding his soaring mouth.

"Because there will be no other suitable person other than her."

Sensing that Duke Hensdon's daughter's stupidity was almost unmeasurable, I spoke up and praised Pieta.

"Of course! She's beautiful now, but she's really getting prettier and prettier! When she becomes an adult, she has a charm that is out of this world!”

I can never tell you what she does with a charm that doesn't seem to exist in the world.

"By the way, ····."

Then the Duke's voice suddenly went dismal.

"What the hell is a pipye* novel?" ( 피폐 소설probably adult genre it mtled as impoverished/ruined/exhausted/deprived)

'What?' I woke up for a momentarily.

As soon as I crossed the hurdle only once, a second crisis came savagely.

"What's going on with that kid in his pipye novel?"

"Well, I mean, ····."

On the other hand, the Duke noticed my face so easily that it was paralysed.

"Tell me right now."

A fierce energy quickly squeezed my throat.

It's not even comparable when I stepped on the necklace earlier.

Sweat began to seep out of my forehead and neck.

Lips, move fast.

Say something! A serious internal conflict began.

But how, how do you say it!

How can you explain to your father about a pipe novel filled with only pleasure, love, hatred, and greed that your daughter personally leads as the protagonist?

Yeah, I can't talk even if I have a knife in my throat.

"That······· Pipye means a burden due to exhaustion and weakness."

But this cunning gimmick of mine couldn't work.

"It's not a happy story."

If I don't tell him, I think he's going to die, too

For what it's worth, he now seemed capable of stabbing a person to death with only his exhaled breath.

"I'm sorry, Duke!"

I leaned heavily to the point that I almost hit the ground with my forehead. I'm sorry!

I'm not even a formal writer, but I've sinned to death for writing someone else's precious daughter on a subject like that!

"All right, then I'll change it to a question that must be answered. You're gonna have to say this."

A cold chilly voice sounded. "Who's the male lead?"

I realized this was my last chance.

"I mean, the male characters your daughter meets ·······."

I am determined to face this crisis with all my might.

Because the whole universe will help me if I do my best.

"·····The main characters?"

Sure enough, my father gave a poisonous strength to one syllable.

I looked at him and carefully swallowed my dry saliva and replied.

"There are··· 10 people in total."

Meanwhile, the gold circuit in my head started spinning.

No matter who it is, your father's hostility will still remain, then it might be better to split the anger that goes to one into ten!

"What did you say?

No, it was a stupid idea.

In an instant, my father's face was horribly distorted.

I thought I could hear a crack in my mind.

"Did you just say ten?"

I peeked into hell in his eyes, asking again and again, incredibly.

Even though he rolled up his sleeves, the goose bumps on his forearm remained intact.

Covering my cold forearm, I turned my head quietly.

Far from helping me, it was clear that the universe had abandoned me relentlessly.

After not being able to speak for a long time and sighing loudly.

And with both hands touching the edge of the desk, I closed my eyes and was lost in thought.

I felt like a sinner, pure and simple.

I couldn't even keep my mouth shut and kept looking around.

Then finally the Duke of Henston's mouth opened.

"How dare you approach my daughter and making her a victim for Pipe?"

I heard him muttering to himself. "I can't just stay still like this."

He lifted himself firmly against the desk as if he had made up his mind.

"Uh, what do you intend to do ····."

"I'm going to cut it all off."

I blinked my eyes blankly for a long time.

"Yes·······?"

What do you mean, cut it?

Even though he was far away, blood was on the back of his hand.

“Do you think I'd dare let those evil bests reach my daughter?"

"Oh, Father? Just calm down for now. What?"

The Duke's determined expression was not relieved at all, though he let out a shriek.

"Why should I do that?"

"Of course, the Duke of Hensdon's authority to drop a flying bird is the greatest. There are many prominent family members among the male owners. If all of them turn the Duke into an enemy ·····."

"Hah, you say you're playing as an enemy?"

Duke Hensdon snorted as if it’s not worth it.

"It would be interesting if that actually happened."

He headed to the window.

"My Pontifle is a well-equipped land and the largest city in the country."

Looking back at the beautiful garden that was spread out, he soon opened his lips in a firm tone.

"Even if you become independent from the Lifman Empire, there will be no problem."

"Duke, don't do that...!"

I hurriedly shouted to this crazy daughter slave, a fool who said he would cut everything for his daughter and go to war for independence.

"You'd rather use me. Let me help you!"

"Use you?"

As the Duke turned his head, his side face reflected in the window.

There's such a beautiful lunatic.

With that thought, I threw the last hand desperately.

"I will protect the mistress!"

It's strange that you have to protect the female lead from the male leads, not from a villain, but if you have to do so, there's nothing you can't do!

"You're protecting my daughter?"

The Duke asked as if it were ridiculous, but I nodded vigorously with sincerity.

"Of course I can protect you."

By this point, it's the judge's edition.

I raised my head close and stared straight at him for the first time.

But he was adamant.

“Can you, a complete stranger, protect her as well as me, the father?”

Of course, I fully understood the father's feelings that he couldn't just watch his daughter play the heroine in the bloody water.

And, as a matter of fact, the existence of male leads are of no use to Pieta's life.

However, it is a distant candlelight.

It is impossible to first question the male protagonists who have not done anything yet for their sins first.

Unfortunately, however, the man before my eyes was the Duke of Henston.

It wouldn't be strange if a civil war broke out tomorrow, as long as this man declared he would.

If that happens, how should commoners like me live?

What's going on with my hard-earned 2nd life?

No, that should never happen!

I'd rather change the future!

I'll listen, destroy, and ruin the original!

"Why don't I get rid of the original?"

"...what does that mean?"

"......What are you talking about?"

Luckily, my suggestion seemed to interest him a little.

"With everything I know, I will surely change your daughter's destiny."

"What if it fails?"

"I'll pay you back with my life!"

I've been through a lot while working part-time. I've done all sorts of things and I'm sure I'll survive this time.

"Your life is useless to me.

But even in such a country, it's hard to keep calm when the opponent comes out like this. No, hello.

"I'm the author of this book. ······?"

"So what?"

"What a great benefit that is. Don't you understand?"

"I don't know."

His face looked innocent, apparently unaware.

“I can help a lot beyond changing your daughter's future! For example······."

"I can tell you all about what kind of business will flourish in 20 years, and what resources will be available to the land near Pontifoul."

Of the ten writers, it was almost up to me to create a background and a worldview.

So I remember it clearly. But the Duke suddenly burst into laughter.

"Then you can invest yourself.

You don't have to chase after these little auctions."

Then he shakes the crumpled necklace in front of my eyes.

"I don't have capital, so I can't invest in things like that ······."

He made excuses with a cheeky voice, but he didn't listen at all.

"Twenty years later, resources will be available. How about buying all the land near Pontiful?"

"What?"

"If I do that, someday resources will come from somewhere, and they will be mine. As you say."

His mouth widened in his casual appearance.

The heroine’s father, who commands the world, and I, a small citizen, were very different from the standard of wealth.

It was a time when I realized that money would never placate this man.

"Duke, I'm sorry to interrupt, but ····”

Someone outside knocked carefully and smartly.

"What's going on, Hardy?"

"It's past the appointed time."

Then the Duke took a short breath.

"Oh," a deep feeling of frustration stood on his face, which did not reveal his emotions.

I didn't even have time to ask.

The Duke of Hensdon rose up in a hurry and shouted towards the door.

"I'm coming right now!"

"Yes, sir. Then I'll have it ready."

The sound of footsteps faded away.

"It's time to have a tea party with my child, but I just forgot because of this."

No, I think we were ‘only’ discussing the secrets of this world…

What's this? My daughter's stupidity gauge in me ended up popping.

At that time, the Duke was in a hurry to leave the office, but stopped his footing.

"Did you say you could protect her?"

Blue eyes filled with bitterness slowly dusted me.

"All right, I'll let you meet Pieta. Follow me."

"Huh? You mean the female lead, you’re letting me meet your daughter?"

My brain went blank for a moment and I asked again in a slightly dazed voice.

Then, before I knew it, he popped his handsome face right in front of me.

HYUK “euhwek.”

I was so surprised that a strange groan came out of my throat.

“Oh, Father, blink, please….”

"Come on, get up. I'm late for my appointment."

The moment the duke raised me sitting on the floor, a high scream broke out from my mouth.

"Argh!"

He slipped his feet to the side to avoid me collapsing in my arms.

Thanks to him, I bent down with a peep! sound on the wide sofa behind him.

But I didn't even feel the pain of falling.

An indescribable excruciating pain.

The front of my eyes turned white and a lot of land filled up in my tight fist.

"Ah, eug·····!"

"What happened all of a sudden?"

I wondered if it seemed unusual to see myself groaning and suffering with clenched fists, and he also creased his eyebrows.

"No way, shouldn't you let the heroine meet the original author?"

The Duke, who had been muttering seriously, soon cried out with a wrinkled face in anxiety.

"I need to see if my daughter is safe!"

"Oh, my Duke, it's not that!"

I quickly grabbed his sleeve, rushing out.

And with tears hanging from my eyes, I barely opened my lips.

"I-It's because my legs are numb ·····."

"Hu·····"

Another sigh leaked out of his mouth, staring at me as if to kill me.

It was already the fifth time.

It wasn't my fault, but I bowed my head in a sorry state.

Because it's true that I surprised him.

I was the one who turned down the chair.

I would have sat down if I knew this would happen.

"Anyway."

In front of the luxurious welding room, the Duke forced his voice to soften and told me. "I'll be seeing my daughter soon."

What? Why are you speaking formally?

"I'll tell him you're one of the new babysitter candidates, so please know that."

But he even hand-wrapped my scarf, which I found odd or not odd, and reached out affectionately.

"Of course! I'm not really saying I'm hiring."

"Go, Duke?"

I stuttered, blushing bitterly.

What's wrong? Is there a new personality out of the blue?

Then I heard a small tongue flicking from the top of my head.

Before long, low whispers poured out in my ears like rapid sandpaper.

"Three things to keep in mind.

First, I get used to it because it is a principle to be respectful to people related to my daughter.

Second, don't mistake me for calling you a babysitter because I just don't want to confuse Pieta.

And lastly, I'll never tolerate such a mess in front of a child.

I glanced down at the scarf wrapped around my neck.

It's so cheap that it's wrinkled quickly, but it's not a messy patch.

No, and it's even worse if you've been interrogated with your knees on and you're in good shape! Besides, ······.

"Everything's good, but it's a mistake? What are you telling me not to mistake?"

My sarcasm turned sour and buried my lips.

"Don't really think you're going to be a babysitter."

He came back as a person who stabbed again and didn't come out with a drop of blood.

"And in front of my daughter, I’m talking respectfully to people because it is good for education. Do you have any questions?"

He looked at me saying, "Don't ask me if you have any questions."

All I could do was shake my head when I even beat him up and said it first.

"Even if you're there to protect her, if you don't like her, you can't help it."

"Oh, don't worry about that! I usually like children. I'm sure we can get close soon."

I shouted confidently.

I was the type of person that children normally follow. Thanks to him, the longest part-time job in his past life was a kindergarten helper.

Nevertheless, there was still an unknown smile on one lip of the duke.

"Well, there's only one chance, so do it well, or I'll have to deal with it my way."

"What do you mean, the Duke's way?"

But the Duke laughed, opening the door without delay, pretending to listen to me.

"Pietha, I'm sorry Dad was late for his appointment."

A soft, itchy, sweet voice caught my ears, did anyone else say?

It was at that time when I looked around with such a thought.

"It's Dad!"

A room full of warm sunlight.

A kid ran out from behind the luxurious sofa in the middle. Then, as if he had found me, the child's small feet stopped.

"Oh, guest!"

Before he even saw his face, the child bowed his head and greeted him bravely in a loud voice.

"Hello! I'm Pieta Hennstone!"

"Uh·······. Yes, yes."

Do aristocratic children usually greet you like this?

I stuttered in embarrassment.

"Dad told you before that he was expecting a new babysitter, right? She’s the new nanny candidate."

The Duke really seemed like a man of different personalities.

Smoothly curved mouth, two eyes full of love, and a caring tone.

If that's not a double personality, who the hell is a double personality?

But there was another reason why I was really surprised.

It was because of the child's appearance.

Short round pants and a plain white shirt with no frills or lace.

It was a suit that no noble child would wear, let alone the Duke’s child.

Even my hair was short, almost shaved.

It's a style that even male adults don't do well in this world.

I couldn't do much with my eyes. ······This regretful kid is the future female protagonist Pieta?

Episode 3. Let's take a look.

So contrary to expectations, our mistress was not a little lady holding a frilled skirt and slightly bowing her head.

How should I interpret a balloon-like pumpkin pants and a very comfortable-looking cotton shirt? It's not that the Duke of Henston couldn't buy me other clothes because he didn't have enough money, and that father, who has a patent for flabby arms, is not interested in the child.

"Our Pieta, your new hair has grown again."

My eyes were wide and my father looked at Pierre with a lovely glance.

The child's short hair was sprawling all over the place. It looked like a chestnut without a shell.

"Whatever you do, you're cute.”

Before I knew it, I fixed my eyes as if possessed at the duke’s hand stroking the child's head.

Rich and full-haired, yes, it feels more like a grass doll than a chestnut.

Anyway, I… I want to touch it, too!

However, I did not dare to reach out to the little miss recklessly.

I just swallowed my mouth water in a desperate heart.

Then I remembered that I didn't properly accept the child's greeting.

"Hello, Miss Pieta?"

"Yes····."

Where did the loud greeting go, and the child quickly went back behind the Duke's leg and hide.

"Our Pieta. He's very courageous when he says hi."

The duke still looked lovingly at the child with eyes as if honey were melting.

"Isn't it rare to have such a bright personality, Hardy?"

"Yes, indeed, Duke."

Before I knew it, that Hardy, who was standing next to him and putting in a proper rhythm, must have knocked outside the door earlier.

Given that the answer was as smooth as water, it was clear that he had already gotten used to praising the Duke's daughter.

Then the chestnut murmured in a small voice.

"Hi ·····. Are you coming to my house now?"

Oh, you chestnut. I guess I'm a little curious! It is indeed a positive sign.

"As you can see, she's unique and extraordinary because her world is troubled."

But the Duke only whispered grumpy words quietly in my ear.

"Even at this rate, you can get close to my daughter soon?"

I heard a peep of laughter.

It was a kind of provocation to try anything.

I clenched my fists without realizing it.

In fact, there's one thing the Duke doesn't know.

It's just that I'm the one who cherished and liked the character Pieta the most.

Unlike my friends who focused only on the male leads, I put the most effort into the heroine character.

Of course, it was a story after Pieta became an adult, so I didn't even write her appearance as a child.

So it is true that I was unintentionally embarrassed.

However, I am confident that I am the original author who knows better than anyone else as to the taste of Pieta.

"Then, since you've given me permission, can we be friends as we please?"

"What?"

"Please don't interrupt."

After proclaiming that, I laughed confidently as if to pay back.

Then, curiously, chestnut head stuck out his head.

Those big eyes, a strange mixture of gray and blue, that resembled the Duke of Henston, were rolling around like a bead, looking at me.

Whoo-hoo, wait, Chestnut.

It's just the beginning.

I decided to lure that chestnut out as best I could.

"Nice to meet you, miss."

I deliberately spoke with a bright voice and gave a light pretense.

I already knew from experience that a child this age is repulsed by strangers that flatter him/her.

Moreover, she is also at the age when she is praised for being good at doing something by herself.

This chestnut also thinks she’s like a grownup. Therefore, she’ll like it very much if you treat her like an adult accordingly.

She sat on her knees and stroked her cheeks recklessly.

'Oh, who is our princess like this so pretty?' Don't say such a thing as that.

This was also an experience I had gained in my previous life while working as a kindergarten helper.

"Duke."

"Yes"

For a moment he remained polite, flinching at my declaration of war.

I'm a new babysitter in front of the chestnut.

All right, then I'll take advantage of it.

"If you don't mind, could you join me at the tea party?"

"What·····?"

"I like you, so I hope you'll be hired."

I couldn't do it naturally.

At a moment, a small hand flinched and grabbed the Duke’s pants.

Then the Duke began to curl his eyebrows and in a freezing low voice said,

"Did you forget what I said?"

"Monday?"

When I pretended, he growled low in my ears with a voice that was almost inaudible to the chestnut.

"I told you that being a babysitter is just for convenience, and you want me to let you in on my precious time with my daughter?

Whether I'm a real babysitter or not has nothing to do with it now.

The most important thing at the moment was to get close to the heroine somehow.

Otherwise, my disposition would be decided in the "Duke's way," so I ignored the Duke's words and searched the small bag on my shoulder.

It was a bag that I brought as soon as I could because I was taken by the Duke’s men.

Ah. I have it!

"There are also sweets like this."

It was a bunch of cheap snacks you'd find in a street shop.

It was also my only luxury item.

Various snacks that soothed the tired mind and body after work, and of course, it's not a quality comparable to the luxurious desserts that Ms. Pieta has enjoyed so far, but ·········.

You still want to eat this chocolate stick, don't you?

Doesn't this green jelly with frogs on its package make your mouth water?

In fact, there must be a reason why the Duke's daughter is dressed like that, even if every room in the mansion was filled with pretty little dresses.

It's probably because Pieta wants to dress like that.

Therefore, if Pierreta wants to make this remarkable proposal of mine, she'll have no choice, and as expected, chestnut pines stepped forward.

Then she stared up at the Duke with her fern-like hand twisting her pants crotch.

"Um·······"

An embarrassing groan came out of his mouth.

I cheered for the child, singing joy to myself.

That's it, chestnut! Keep shooting, cuteness beam!

Eventually, the Duke bit his teeth and asked in a soft voice.

"Piertha, do you want to have a tea party with your new nanny ····· candidate?"

I put a stop to helping me make a quick decision.

"It's not dinner yet, so I'll give you a little."

At the same time, he deliberately put out a green jelly bag in front of the child's eyes.

The chestnut's eyes shone with excitement.

"Dad!" ····Let's be together."

Eventually, the Duke raised the white flag.

For your information, green is one of Pieta's favorite colors.

A colorful cup with an elegant rose pattern filled with hot black tea, and a cute cup with a small porcelain rabbit slightly sticking its head out on the handle filled with warm milk.

Pieta waited patiently until the maid had finished preparing the drink.

Although the walk was a little shocking, it was still like the love of a prestigious family.

The high-end sofa, wrapped in purple velvet, had an integral foothold with a small alcohol.

The same was true of the red silk chair on the other side.

Consideration for a child who was still unable to climb on his own in a high chair was melted throughout the house.

Pieta sat in the chair and gazed at the sweets pouring on the table with twinkling eyes.

The little frog jelly already has only wrapping paper left.

It's so cute.

I'm going to touch it one day, that chestnut hair!

Soft and soft, I'm sure you'll feel good.

But I couldn't try the fence now.

It was because of the Duke of Hensdon, who was sitting next to Pieta and staring at me like death. That one

Since you've invited me, please don't frown.

I grumbled inside and began to unwrap all the cookies I had spilled on the table.

"Young Miss, what would you like to eat first?"

I began to reach out in earnest to Pieta, who was already swallowing snacks as if she had sold her soul.

"Can I eat more ····?"

"Here you are. It's okay to eat."

Then the chestnut opened its eyes round.

"All of them·······?"

Perhaps her feelings right now is like standing on the roof of the building and saying, ‘Everything from there to there is your building.

It is the grandson's that looks at his grandfather who says.

"Yes, of course."

"Then this ·····."

A chubby finger pointed carefully at something.

It was a small spoonful of chocolate.

"Good."

But you can't just hand it over! Determined to dance the heart of Daenong High School hostess, I did my best.

"But it tastes better this way."

Tear off the cone-shaped cookies and begin to spread chocolate inside them.

Huhu see. I'm looking here.

Of course, the Duke's gaze is becoming increasingly narrow.

But I didn't care and put it in the child's mouth.

'Right?' Pieta's eyes widened.

All right, now the soul of the chestnut is about 70 percent mine.

"There's this, too. These three are different flavors of jelly ·····."

I ripped off all the cookie wrappers on purpose.

If you eat apple, pineapple, and strawberry together, it tastes like salty and tropical fruits."

I generously passed on the secrets I had secretly kept to her.

Fiertha, who was mumbling, looked beside him excitedly and cried out.

"Daddy!"

Yeah, I expected it was time to shout out dad.

Looking at the delicious food in front of you and thinking of you, you're a very filial daughter. My heart was filled with pride.

Looking forward to seeing more purely delighted Pieta, I used all my secrets.

Eat caramel and potato chips together. Cut the creamy cookies in half, eat them on one side, and eat them with peanut butter on the other side.

And so on, a tea party that is burned white with sweet and salty, and thanks to it, the cheeks of the chestnut have become so full that they burst.

"Our Pieta. Is it that good?"

"Huh!"

The duke looked at the child again with a gentle deer-like expression, as if when he had stared at me.

That's so sweet of him holding a napkin and gently wiping the chocolate off his mouth.

It was still hard to believe the eyes because it had not been applied yet.

"Now, why don't we get ready for dinner? Let's say hello since you've given out a lot of delicious food."

It was cute that the child was cute, and I didn't seem to like the way things were going.

The Duke tried to finish this job quickly.

But you can't back down like this!

I finally pulled out my secret weapon.

"Then, eat this tomorrow morning."

"Huh?"

What I gave was a common lollipop with orange and green patterns.

But in Pieta's eyes, it must look like the most special candy.

"It's a pumpkin-shaped candy. I want to give it to you as a gift."

"Ho, pumpkin!"

As expected, the child's eyes blinked wildly.

What was Pieta's favorite when he was a child?

In fact, I've been thinking about it for a long time.

Then, when she became an adult, she especially liked a place, when she had something hard or painful.

I thought of the very place where I was taking a walk.

It was an endless field of pumpkins.

<The reason why the Duke’s daughter rolled the pumpkin field with her whole body.>

As the title says!

It was just a device in a novel?

But now I'm actually meeting this young heroine.

Whatever the little thing, the future was connected to the past. It was practically a near-gambling choice, but in the end I was right.

The chestnut, who took the candy, stepped on the tread, and came down the chair.

Then he ran to the side and blinked his eyes and asked,

"Do you like pumpkin like me?"

"Of course I like it, Miss Pieta. I eat pumpkin as a side dish every meal."

"Wow ·····."

I'm sorry, I'm actually lying.

As soon as I was feeling a guilty conscience, the chestnut leaned on me.

The soft cheeks that touched free were warm. So cute!

If you're this cute, I'll make you a slave who has to eat only delicious food for three meals a day.

Even the temptation of the brown hair, which stretches everywhere in front of your eyes.

I couldn't get over it and eventually reached out.

As soon as his soft hair touched his fingertips, Chestnut ran to his father's side.

Oh, maybe not yet.

As she reached out her awkward hands, the Duke of Henston lifted the child in his arms.

“Our little one.”

He patted the chestnut's head.

But why is he smiling at me in such a high spirits?

But what I was envious of.. keuyuk, I want to touch it, too.

Soon he put down the struggling Pieta again, and the Duke of Henston spoke as if he were asking me to listen.

"Our Pieta, I'll find you a nanny you like, so don't worry."

He is blatantly saying that I am not.

Yes, a child is more delicate and complicated than you think, and it's hard to get close to him at first meeting.

But how can I get another chance?

It was a time when I was saddened.

"I like it."

"Huh?"

"Daisy's babysitter, great ·····!"

Bam-song ran out of the door, feeling ashamed after a passionate confession.

Soon, a shrieking roar is heard at the end of the hallway.

After a brief silence, my father and I opened our lips together at the same time.

"······Nannies?"

Unlike me, whose lips were about to hang from his ears, his forehead had a clear blue vein.

After all, I couldn't quietly kill myself with my hands covered.

The Duke of Hensdon swallowed the swear words quietly inside.

I really didn't expect this woman to ingratiate herself with pumpkins.

Surprisingly, pumpkin, which most children don't eat well, was one of Pieta's favorite foods.

It's hard to say you guessed it right.

At least it's true that you're the one who made Pieta the heroine!

You say you like 'Nanny' Daisy? A ridiculous laughter came out,… Then let's see.”

'What?' Hearing him speak to himself, the woman looked back with sparkling eyes.

You must have a very bright ear, he smiled inwardly.

"Nothing," the Duke glanced away from Daisy, still rubbing his slightly wrinkled brow.

Episode 4. You want me to live with you in this house?

"Now that it's done, we'll have to talk about it again."

After the tea party, my father's attitude changed quite a bit.

'What story? Everything from the beginning.'

"Do you mean you want to hire me as a formal babysitter?"

A blatant sigh stopped at the words.

"Official babysitter? You?

There was an obvious sneer around his mouth.

I guess it means don't even dream.

But I think Chestnut already chose me ·····.

"Do you know what the Duchess' babysitter is like?"

Isn't it weird to know such a thing?!

Holding back what I wanted to shout, I responded as rationally as I could.

"But chestnut ·····. No, I'm sure your daughter told you. Aunt Daisy, I love it! Do it."

He deliberately waved his hands loudly, imitating the tone of the chestnut.

The face of the child, who used to shout "I like it" with chubby ram, is clear to my eyes.

Chestnut, you're my favorite ·······!

"Undercover Nanny."

"What?" ····· Let's just pretend. All you have to do anyway is protect my daughter from the male protagonists."

My father's pause seemed to mean that it was the greatest good that could be conceded.

" Undercover ········· Nanny?"

Even though I've heard of an undercover maid and an undercover spy, the word undercover nanny is the first time. But somehow this didn't sound like an opportunity for me.

In Citizen 1, where the crucible will be crushed, it's a much better choice for me to be a babysitter for the duke, even though it's a disguise.

"All right, whatever position you want. But only if you pay me."

While things are going well, I decided to try negotiations.

"Pay?"

"Yes, I will do my best for your daughter, undercover or whatever. It's common to get paid on a weekly basis here, so can I ask you to do that?"

But he gave a funny look with a frown for some reason.

"Give me a weekly salary?"

No, you don't think this Duke is?!

Are you trying to force me into an unpaid labor force?

"No matter how undercover you are, you have to stick with your daughter. Then you can't do other things at the same time. Oh, if you don't like it, you can change it to a salary system."

I expressed my intention timidly, but surely.

Payroll is the most obvious part to be addressed in front of the employer.

"It's salary..., okay. If so, I'll write a contract as well."

Duke Hensdon picked up a pen on his desk.

"I'll tell you the conditions as I write, so listen carefully. First, stay here in the future."

"What? Yo, you want me to live here?"

Surprised again, but his hand on the paper wouldn't stop.

"Well, my house isn't even far from here. Can't we just commute?"

"No, what if one rat crawls through the rat hole?"

It was in the distant future that the female lead meets the male protagonists, which will not happen immediately.

Still, from his father's point of view, he didn't seem relieved.

"And second."

The Duke of Henston raised his head for a moment, then he grinned with a confident voice.

"I can assure you that this is an exceptional condition for you."

"·····I'll listen first."

Exceptional? I waited for the Duke's lips to move, leaving no doubt in my eyes.

"If you take care of things as promised, I'll give you ten times their pay per head."

"What? Hair ······?"

"One head, ten times."

If he thought I hadn't heard it correctly, he put a terrifying word back in his mouth.

Then he popped a white piece of paper in front of me.

"Take it, your weekly salary."

I stood there for a moment and was frozen.

I was counting the '0' on the paper he gave me.

Duke, is this an annual salary?

I blinked again and again, as I held my desire to ask.

As I declared to the Duke of Hensdon, there was no change in my mind that I would protect the female lead and, in fact, the male leads as well.

I asked for a salary because I wanted to draw a clearer line on my relationship with him.

Don't say anything else later, ignoring my opinion.

Besides, I was fired from the best job because of this guy.

My goal this year was to become a full-time employee at Shannu Restaurant, and he said, "What's wrong? Is the wage lower than you expected?"

But this is too much.

There were so many that I ate and had an upset stomach.

If you think about it, he's a man who even thinks that it's okay to make his territory independent from the empire for his daughter.

Money doesn't matter. So I could shout with ease.

"No way!" I tried to say, 'I'll do my best!' after signing at the speed of light, but I quit.

No matter how much I say I'm a voluntary slave to capitalism, it's still too deceitful...

The contract signed by my own hands was well placed in the Duke's vault.

"Well, then, we've got a good deal, and can you get to work right away?"

Only then did I come to my senses.

"Yes, what should I do first ······?"

"First of all...," Please don't tell me to bring a head right now. Please.

Knowing or not knowing my concerns, the Duke held another piece of paper and a pen in my hand.

"Write it over there."

"What do you mean, bitter or necessary?"

"All about the male protagonists."

What? Gosh, no joke, I looked at him with my lips wide open.

His blue eyes were colder than before.

"Uh, so that's not a joke, are you serious...?"

"Is it like a joke?"

I could see his manly chin filled with strength.

"Ha, but ·····."

"The ink on the contract has not dried up yet."

I swallowed down my drying saliva. This is why you always have to be careful when signing somewhere!

The Duke just glanced down at me without further coercion.

But the eyes, the eyes, were the problem.

There was a sharp blue edge in the eyes that looked calm.

The eye that makes me fully aware that I don't have a choice, "Ha-ha."

This is crazy. There couldn't have been a good move.

In the end I desperately squeezed and squeezed memories of the characters my friends created.

It wasn't until a long time later that the death note, no, the list was completed.

The face of the Duke, who took the paper snatching it from my hand, began to distort. "This is the hell...."

Seeing the way his eyes shook greatly and his face turned white, he seemed to have been quite shocked.

"I mean, are all these guys the male protagonists?"

That's right, father. I nodded my head.

All the characters I wrote are descendants of an unusual family, so it was fully understood that the Duke was shocked.

Of course, he's only a little kid now, but he'll grow up with his family's power and money and become an adult who gets his hands on whatever he wants.

What they want to get their hands on the most is the heroine, Pieta.

"The only son of Knight Rarefill, Eidkael the Lord of the tower? Yeah, come to think of it, I heard that a boy was adopted a while ago. And Prince Edward Chester ·····."

The Duke of Henston couldn't bring himself to read through the list and clenched his lips.

In fact, all I wrote down is their names and their families.

However, the Duke seemed to be familiar with their children's farming situation.

Indeed, he is the most powerful man in Pontifle.

"Well, Duke?"

"It’s a damn thing that the royal family is involved, even the tower*, damn it." (마탑namuwiki: residence of sorcerers)

Eventually, swear words came out of his gentle mouth.

I crouched my shoulders without realizing it. The royal family and the tower.

Of the ten men, these two are most likely to become real male masters. This also means that the problem is very likely to grow.

If the Duke of Hensdon is a three-headed hell dog, the royal family is a starving lion, and the tower lord is a rabies wolf.

If these three were to collide properly, innocent I would die like an Antarctic krill, sprinkling omega-3s.

My life goal is to live thin and long, can I achieve it?

"Wait."

Then he crumpled the paper with fierce eyes.

"But why are there only five?"

There seemed to be more backwords saying,'Don't do anything like that.'

I shook my head hard not to question my intentions.

"I mean, my friends have different tastes!"

Mobilizing hand gestures and foot gestures, I continued to explain the situation till my saliva was dry. "It's because I've just skipped over the people I'm interested in. Believe me! Besides, why are things like names so complicated...?"

This was 100 percent true.

There were so many things we picked up from somewhere, so we competitively gave each of us a brilliant name for the male leads, such as the Knights of Lundergel von Rarephil, and Idkael Lu Kotiers, the owner of the tower.

Those names that make your pronunciation twisted even if you think inside. Would you have imagined it would come back to haunt me at this moment?

"I'm sure you'll remember it when you see physical gain or family situation. No, I'll make you remember!"

I shouted desperately, but it was also a sincere egg.

Likelihood of a story in which ten male characters hit their own taste? There couldn't have been such a thing. Development? It didn't really matter.

So there was only about half that I remembered clearly.

I was even busy with my part-time job, so I often missed out when my friends talked about my work.

"In that case, first ·····."

He shook the paper gently.

"Let's find the other half together."

Unlike the graceful gesture, the Duke's expression had turned cold again.

The rest of the male characters. I bit the tip of the pen well.

I wish I could meet other writers.

But I can't, so I have to remember it myself somehow.

I glanced at the Duke, who had been sitting motionless for some time, and I swallowed down my dry saliva. Quite a lot has happened in this short period of time, but that cold look is still hard to apply.

The crunchy sound of filling something up, nicely filled the quiet study.

My hands were busy, but the content was not much.

I was just randomly writing down the names that popped into my mind.

A circle was drawn on someone's name.

Squeak it in two lines again, "Marquis Defman" several times.

The Duke of Henston, who had kept his eyes on me for a while, suddenly opened his mouth quietly. "What?"

"He has a son about the same age as my Pieta. Marquis Defman," but I didn't answer.

The duke rubbed his temple lightly as if he was troubled.

"Isn't Defman the male protagonist?"

'Umm,' shook his head, and the Duke closed his mouth again.

But it was only for a while.

"Then, maybe the Hofment family? It's one of the small but fairly historic families."

I wrote an X on the paper instead of an answer again this time.

There was silence again.

Looking at the white paper under the low light level lamp, my eyes were white because I couldn't get tired. However, no amount of effort has been made.

'Ah!' Then a low exclamation tore through the silence.

Scared me! I almost missed the pen I was holding.

"There was Baron Albert Winster."

There was a rather hasty hallucination in the Duke's voice.

"Elbert Winster······ Baron?"

No matter how hard I try to think, I've never heard of it before.

"By the way, there's no son."

I eventually let go of the pen and let out a loud sigh.

"Duke Hensdon,"

"Tell me."

"I hope you don't disturb me."

He didn't hesitate to speak straight, but he didn't seem to have the slightest intention of raising his body buried deep in his chair.

"I'm trying to help."

Suddenly, the faces of the tactless bosses I met in my previous life, the part-timer days, passed by in front of me.

I finally said with a frown.

"It's even more confusing because you keep saying similar names next to me."

Hearing my annoyed voice, the duke stared at me and this time began to knock-knock, and tap the armrest of the chair without a word.

Ah. The stress of work is coming again.

Unspoken pressure?

"Don't mind me, keep going."

If you really want to make me concentrate, there seems to be no way to know that it is the way to help you move away or the president of the world over there.

"Oh, why don't you call the artist instead?"

It's too much now.

That's all for today's overtime.

In the face of a duke who seemed unwilling to stop meddling, I wiped the ink off the ink off the nib with despair.

"Are you a painter?"

"There are a few painters in my family on the east gallery street."

He raised his upper body from the chair.

"You tell them your impressions and make them paint a portrait."

The voice that said so was full of hope.

"Wouldn't it be convenient to spray it on the nobles and then ask them?"

Are you suggesting we make a sketch for the wanted leaflets?

Perhaps in my father's mind, the male masters were already recognized as criminals.

"I don't think it's going to be easy to draw a portrait."

"How come?"

"Everyone described themselves as handsome, but I've never actually met them before ······."

I resolved the explanation in a cautious voice.

All we've written is wavy golden hair, bright twinkling eyes, manly broad shoulders, breathtakingly gorgeous noses, and there should be one or two like that in this world!

I mumbled to myself, crying.

"But I can't go looking for nobles and check their faces."

The Duke's hand, which had been tapping the table all along, stopped bluntly.

"Is that enough?"

"What?"

"If it's a gathering of nobles, can you recognize it?"

"That's····."

It would be better to do it than to go through the stuffy head that seems it were full of fog.

Anyway, I am vaguely remembering the appearances, so the probability will go up even more.

I knew Duke Hensdon before because of his famous name and position.

But even if it wasn't for it, I would have recognized at once that he was the father of the mistress.

Now she's a cute little boy, but she grows up to be a beautiful woman enough to capture the devil.

Where would the superior gene come from, and this would be the case for male states.

"It's a lot simpler, why didn't you tell me that?"

A confident smile hung over the Duke's lips.

"I'll bring as many nobles as I can to tomorrow's meeting."

"Tomorrow?"

"It's a ballroom for the Duke, so most families in the capital will attend."

I blinked my eyes and rejoiced.

"That's great! You're planning a big party, aren't you? Well, since it's the weekend ····."

"What are you talking about?"

My rather impatient father cut me off.

I asked in bewilderment.

"I heard you have a meeting tomorrow with most families in the capital."

"From now on, I have to write an invitation and send it."

··I beg your pardon? I glanced back.

An antique clock hung on the back of the study came into my eyes.

It was ten o'clock at night.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    gnyaa, Xi-hime, Mi shiru and 21 others like this.
  7. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 5. At the end of the Duke's gaze, I could hardly keep my open mouth shut.

"Hardy, so what's the attendance number?"
    At the Duke's question, a young man named Hardy opened the documents in his hand as if he had waited.
    "There are about 150 people in total, including company. I've sent 70 invitations, and I've received 65 attendance replies in the past, except for the families where the household owner is absent."
    "Huh·····."
    Eventually, exclamations came out of my mouth.
    I remembered my close friends since high school.

Eventually, exclamations came out of my mouth.
    I remembered my close friends since high school.
    How long has the messenger window been on fire to have a meal among us? It was not easy to see someone because they had a company dinner that day, someone had a test, and someone had to look after their nephew instead of their two-income brother couple, etc. Everyone was having a busy day.
    By the way, the attendance rate for tonight's meeting is around that much?
    The Duke of Henston seemed to be great.
    "What happened to Daisy's outfit?"
    "Yes, I've prepared that as ordered."
    My heart skipped a beat when I heard that.
    A social gathering among the nobles.
    Of course, I've never attended it, but there's a scene I've been drawing in my head when I hear this.
    Right at the ball, I was a little excited.
    Because I wanted to go to such a meeting at least once.
    In fact, there was nothing wrong with living this second life.
    Beautiful dresses and antique sandeliers, gourmet champagne and jewelry-like snacks. All of them are blooming in my hands.
    However, the only thing I was given was my daily life, where I had to worry about rent next month.

The gorgeous wagons I saw while leading my body after hard labor are good in my eyes.
    To be honest, I'm excited to see with my own eyes the elegant laughter that leaked out of it and the things that I gave up believing that it would never be meant to be with me forever! I felt like I was walking on the clouds until Hardy handed me my clothes, smiling kindly. However·····.......

"Well, what is this?"

I couldn't hide my disappointment as I alternately looked at the navy dress made of stolen broadwood cloth, an apron made of the same material, and a white hood.

"It's a maid's outfit."
    The Duke of Henston replied nonchalantly, leaving Hardy with a cuff of sleeves.
    "You can wear those clothes and serve the guests at the party today."

"If you're on the market, what does that do?"

"I guess you've never been to a social gathering."

Then what is there! I tried to push back and shook my head quietly.
    "Clean up the cups, get gloves or tail jackets and keep them out of the mix, or bring the things you ordered.
    Well, that's what it's like."
    "I didn't know my contract included maid work."

"Oh, of course, I'm not really asking you to work. Just pretend to work, only visual performance.

Unlike me, it was a luxurious vest for him, and things such as shoes and bowties were delivered in a flash.

“Because there is no other role for you to let you move around the banquet hall at will. Nannies can't show their faces to baby parties.
    There's just no good reason," he didn't even forget to add,
    "And you're not even a real babysitter, are you?"

I thought I wanted to see the ball, but I didn't want to be a maid like this, but ········
    Yeah, I'm afraid I can't help it.
    There's no reason why I can't wear this, then, isn't there?
    I answered flatly so as not to leave any more lingering feelings.
    'Good.' Finally, a luxurious, wrinkle-free tailcoat was wrapped around his body.
    The Duke of Henston, who was ready before he knew it, was truly wonderful.
    "Hurry up, we're running out of time."
    This young deft duke threw this word at me and took Hardy out of the room.
    Being left alone, I grumbled off my clothes and folded them to one side and wore a rough dress.
    Yeah, you don't have to work, you just pretend.

"Sir, we're out of champagne!"
    I rushed in front of a man running for somewhere.

'Ah,' said the man, breathing hard with a clearly troubled face.

"I have to go to the carriage to get the medicine of Count Od and Count... Ah, anyway, please ask someone else!"

Buksae-dong also had no such Buksae-dong. (북새동도 이런 북새동이 없었다. GT and papago didn’t make sense to me so im leaving it as is)
    It was no exaggeration to say that all the nobles living in the capital gathered in this mansion.

"Then I'll get it. Since we have to go to the kitchen anyway, let's stop by the wine shed while we're at it!"
    "Thank you very much. Where did such a strong man come from?"
    He praised the crowd with the face of his life and disappeared with a busy walk.
    "Humu," I sighed briefly and tightened my arm firmly with the tray.
    Every step I took made a precarious sound, with glasses of high-quality crystal wine equivalent to mine.

"Hey, miss."
    Then an old lady grabbed me by the sleeve.
    It was Countess Meltney.
    The tray is tilting!
    'Yes, ma'am!' I lowered my head quickly, supporting my trembling body as straight as I could.
    "It's Daisy!"
    "Yes, Miss Daisy. I'm sorry, but can you bring me my drink from the double VIP room? I'd like a drink on the terrace, but it's a little chilly."
    "All right, ma'am!"
    As soon as I finished answering energetically, the surrounding nobles rushed in as if they had been waiting.
    "Oh, while I'm at it, bring me a fan. Marquis Shirrell's pocket, and you'll know.
    Anyway, isn't it very hot inside? Would you open the window, too?"
    "I've been drinking champagne for a long time, and my mouth is burning. I'd like a glass of port wine, please."

"Yes, yes!"
    I answered hard and quickly drew a movement in my head.
    So first put these empty glasses in the dishwasher, go to the wine shed, order some more champagne, get a glass of port wine, and pick up Countess Elney's Seul and Marquis Sherel's fan from the VIP room on the first floor!
    And then you open the window at the end! Great!
    I walked as hard as an alarm before anyone dragged me by the arm again.

I couldn't even wipe the sweat off my forehead.
    Then there was a sudden conversation that caught my ears.
    "How have you been, Duke? I'm sorry that I'm a little late unintentionally."
    "Don't mention it, welcome. Baron Powell."
    The Duke of Henston was standing at the entrance to greet a guest.
    Unlike me, who doesn't even have time to clean up the hair that's spilled under the head towel, he looks relaxed and neat without a bit of distraction.

“Just pretend to work, only visual performance.”

The moment I recall his voice, I get angry again.
    " Heum, heum, look, I'd like to go back now, would you please call my coachman waiting in the garden?"
    An old man, who stopped for a short time, swept off his beard and caught my attention.

"...yes, Blue Drickhewned."

My molar bit me hard on its own.
    Every step I took was full of strength.
    What? Just pretend to work? How do you say you're so busy just performing a show! It's a shame because I've been working at a wedding hall for a long time in my previous life!

"Thank you, Miss Daisy. My mother-in-law inherited this dew, but even though it looks like new, it's the work of a whopping 100-year warlord."

"You're a lady with very fast hands. Oh, in this case, are your feet fast? Hoho."

"Whoa, with the wind coming through the window, I think I'm going to live. Here, take it. Back."
    When I had finished my errand, I had a lot of tips in my pocket.
    In addition, the pockets on the waist were heavy with high-quality chocolate and small perfumes handed over by the wives.
    "Thanks, I really lived."

After returning from the outside, the chief of staff repeatedly said, "Thank God, as if he were truly grateful to me."
    "The errands of the nobles are endless until they die!"
    With his tongue in his mouth, he immediately rolled his eyes with curiosity.

"You said daisy? What the hell did you do and came here?

I can't believe it's the first time you were put into a banquet."

"It was just sad part time······."

'Hmm?'

'Nothing.'
    I moved quickly, turning the horse around.
    Although I handled the customers' orders perfectly, I have no time to rest.
    For now, I decided to clean up empty wine bottles filled with tables before anyone touched them and broke them all.
    It was a time when I was carefully grabbing the bottle neck.
    "Honey, are you sure you're okay?"
    "Yes, it's stopped. Come on, let's go say hello to the Duke."

Her wife and the man who was supporting her came into her eyes.

Both of them were good boys and fairy girls with red eyes like the sun.

They say that a couple looked alike, and even the color of their eyes is similar ·············

'Hyuk!' At the moment, I almost missed the bottle I was holding.
    But aren't red eyes a bit violent?
    You said you were a famous scholar of the continent."
    'No, go back. I won't change it. My male lead is definitely unconditionally good.’
    The voice of a friend who did not give up his conviction flashed through his ears like lightning.
    I quickly put the bottle of wine back down on the table.
    I finally remembered!
    A man of extraordinary hair that appears once in hundreds of years.
    It was a crazy wise man who put down all his life like a monk and tried to focus only on learning, but after meeting the heroine, he gave up all of it like a devoted partner, yes, it was just the man I forgot.

A male lead has appeared!

Just inside his mother's belly, I closed my mouth with my hands, looking at the back of a woman waddling and walking cautiously.

He hasn't even been born yet...!

Since chestnuts is six years old, so he is six years younger than she is now.

Come to think of it, many of us were obsessed with the younger man character.

It was that time when I was searching my memory to see if there was anything else I could remember.

The woman's body shook sideways with the sound of rice cakes.
    "Agh!"
    "Oh, my!"
    I helped her reflexively quickly.

"Madam, are you all right?"
    "Hey, if you block people's path with such a slow pace, I’ll make my own way.”

The shameless middle-aged man, who pushed a pregnant woman and didn't apologize, had dazzling doggies hanging on his shoulders.
    Her husband frowned but failed to protest.
    However, he murmured with anger.
    "Marquis of Löwner·····."

The marquis was next to the duke, so they could not hear much higher status than this couple.
    A man named Marquis Löwner casually walked past them with a young woman in a fancy dress.
    Her clothes, puffed up as much as they could, were like a backpack in a packed subway.
    The hem caused her pregnant wife's dew to fall to the floor again.
    "Come on, Belle! Isn't this all because you're late!"
    "It took a long time to dress up. Come with me, Father!"

I picked up the countess's sage and glanced at the troubled couple.
    But they were busy talking to each other whether I did or not.
    "Belle Löwner, you have to do really well today. Whether you like the Duke of Henston or not is in your hands! That pit will soon be seven years old. Since he has been single for several years already, the Duke will be thinking of remarrying by now."
    "But father, I hate children. I've never raised her, I've never even been in the same space for a long time, and suddenly I'm a stepmother.
    "What are you talking about? Who told you to be a mother? You can leave the child in the hands of a nanny or a governess. Then you'll grow up on your own."
    I almost gasped for a second.

No, what are you talking about? Well, I've always thought it was weird.
    I've never seen a mother who gave birth to Pieta.
    But I didn't even have time to ask, and I didn't dare because I was afraid it would be rude.
    This is why I should have worked hard on the main character's childhood story!

When I talked about the past, I’m resenting the rest of my friends who expressed their disapproval.

The Countess hugged her stomach and frowned lightly.
    "Madam!"
    I quickly wrapped the string around her shoulder in surprise.
    "Just stay here for a second. I'll get a chair!"
    Yes, the most important thing at this moment is the mother of the future male lead hat I finally found. I took my step in a hurry.

"I'm so surprised that you haven't accepted my invitation and invited me to a party all of a sudden, Duke of Henston. I got caught up in my heart.

Still, I should have seen you somehow."
    "Yes"
    "In the meantime, our Bell has already turned 21. Time flies so fast. Huh."
    "I see."
    Only perfunctory answers flowed from the Duke's lips.
    Marquis Boebner stabbed his daughter in the ribs, staring blankly at the Duke.
    Bell then lowered his head in a hurry as if he had finally come to his senses.

"Dear Duke of Henston.It's Belle Loebner. I really wanted to see you."
    Her beautiful voice was filled with an indescribable tremor.
    The bread with a long eyelash shadow was flushed pink.
    To the point where she was so high-nosed, the Duke, Dean Henston, was nothing short of wonderful.

He rarely showed up at social gatherings, and his private life was also veiled, making everything a secret man.
    But nevertheless, Bell now realizes why it has been a constant topic of conversation among aristocrats.
    His beautiful appearance - his sharp nose and eyes as blue as the waves - was so famous that no one knew.
    But appearance wasn't the only attraction of the Duke of Henston.
    He had an elegant, dignified smile, cold eyes, and a face that didn't feel warm at all, but it was so wonderful and manly.
    Her heart was shaking with his falling behavior and every single look in her eyes were shaking. Everything is oddly double, and his contrasting atmosphere struck Bell firmly.
    If it's a man like this, it's not a big deal to have a child.
    I'd be happy to accept it even if there were ten.
    Bell, who pledged to do so, smiled.

"Well, can I call you Mr. Dean ··?"
    Bell knew it was not polite to dare to put the Duke's name on his lips without permission.
    But she was confident.
    How many marriages have poured in her face since her social debut last year? There were certainly tempting marriages, but now they all feel futile.
    She fell in love with this young duke at first sight, and said,

"Huh, I can't believe she’s calling him by his name. This kid is bold like this. Well, there are people who praise it as a win-win attraction, but it's embarrassing. Hahaha,"

Contrary to what was said, Marquis Löwner had a big smile on his face.
    Her young and beautiful daughter was good at taunting and seducing the Duke, so it was a welcome thing.

How would it feel to have a son-in-law with this level of power?

If that happens, he decided to immediately turn his back on the imperial family, which is now a chaff.

Even if he cuts his taxes every year, he would not be able to say anything, and the Marquis smiled with a friendly smile while contemplating such a joyful imagination.

"This old man didn't notice too much. He must have been tired of welcoming the guests. Wouldn't it be nice to take some rest in a quiet place?"

Then Belle joined in with a big smile.
    "I'd be happy to be your friend."
    "Ha········, but it was an irritating sigh that came out of the Duke of Henston's mouth. "Duke ····?"
    The father and daughter were dumbfounded.
    Come to think of it, where the hell is this guy looking at?
    As they followed his cold gaze that seemed to be in a low mood, they saw a small woman crossing the venue, holding a large chair and frowning.

A maid?
    Then the Duke slapped Marquis Löwner's hand out.
    "Wait, excuse me,"
    "Huh? Duke!"
    The Duke strode toward someone without delay, leaving behind the father and daughter who called him out in their anguish voice.

‘Why are you so impatient with such a bad job?'

Soon his steps began to accelerate.

'Is she really going to be a maid?!'

Episode 6. What did you just say to my person?

"Madam, are you all right?"
    "You are ·····."
    "Please call me Daisy."
    I started with a self-introduction with pleasure.
    It's a great pleasure to meet you, male lead’s mother!
    Of course, this word was quietly spoken inward.
    "You're Countess Rafel, aren't you?"
    Once I started to remember, it started to come up one after another like a burst of water.

Even the name, "Oh, do you know me?"
    "Oh, that.. the Duke told me that the Countess of Lapel is not feeling well, so I need to pay special attention." Naturally adding up white lies for FL's father.
    "Oh, my God, he’s meticulous!"
    The Countess grinned as if she were moved by my words.
    "When is the baby due?" I carefully fixed my eyes on her belly.
    "Next month. She was supposed to be resting in the mansion, so I was going to attend alone, but my wife stopped me."
    "Oh, my God. You said it's better to move your body."
    Instead, her husband, Count Rafel, answered.
    His thick eyebrows and intense red eyes were very impressive on his white face like ceramics.
    Oh, if my friend saw this face, he would dance and bow.
    "I'm much better now that I've rested. Thanks, lady. Honey, shall we go and say hello to the Duke?"
    "Ah·····." He tried to sneak his hand toward his wife who was turning away from him, but soon quit.

I have hundreds of questions, but I, a maid, just can't ask personal questions to a count couple.
    " I hope you have an easy delivery, Madam."
    I swallowed my regrets and sincerely greet the Countess of Lapel.

She answered me with a kind smile.
    "Are you okay with walking?"
    "Of course. This is enough."
    Contrary to the words, the wife's steps were very slow, and she was very cautious.

However, it was very beautiful to see her embrace her belly as if it were a precious treasure that could not be exchanged for anything.
    No wonder her slow steps were frustrating, but Count Rafel also seemed busy keeping pace next to his wife.

The parents' great affection for their soon-to-be-born child was simply overflowing.
    She gave birth to him, worked hard to raise him, but one day, this son went crazy about the heroine.
    When I remembered the original work, I felt sorry for the moment.

Anyway, although he’s not my male lead, it was an overwhelming experience.

Of course, even though Chestnut is the top priority, I somehow hoped that the couple and the soon-to-be-born male lead would be happy.
    Anyway, we'll just have to make sure that Pieta and the Earl don't run into each other. With my heart firm, I hurriedly turned to report to the Duke of Henston.

At that time, "Woo, you're a young-looking maid. Are you a newcomer?"

The smell of alcohol brushed my nose.
    When I turned my head, a middle-aged man who grew an ugly mustache like a bad guy approached me and was grinning at me.
    ·····But this disgusting feeling can't be!

I turned my eyes in a hurry and saw short, frozen fingers crawling my thighs like bugs.
    Ugh! I feel bad!

"Does our Duke pay a lot for his beautiful maid? If it's not enough, I can try..."

However, he couldn't utter that sticky voice all the way to the end.

My hand, which moved earlier than I thought, was lifted above my head.
    Kwaang!
    "Argh!"

Loud screams echoed from the man's head and mouth respectively.

"Ahhh!"

My mouth, which smacked the man's head with a tray, screamed one step late.

It's a little weird to scream after the first strike, but I was embarrassed, too, so I couldn't help it.
    The surroundings became quiet in an instant.
    When I came to my senses, everyone's astonished eyes came out and focused on the perv.
    No, it's not exactly me, it's my silver tray and pervert.
    Hyuk, you're in trouble.
    I closed my eyes tightly in deep dismay.

“You, this, this damn…… curse.”

The man wheeled with a scorching face, rubbing his head.

Then he tapped his mouth as if he would swear at any moment.

Patience. You have to put up with this guy, no matter what he says.

It was a moment of determination and commitment.
    "...what the hell is going on."
    A deep, low voice came from behind.
    A chillingly cold voice.
    It was obvious who he was without having to turn his head.
    A long arm stretched out from behind my shoulder.
    "Duke!"
    He snatched the tray in my hand.
    He had a sharp, cut expressionless expression.
    The perv, who was touching the bump on his head, shouted with a bright color.
    "You're just in time. Look what this maid did to me!"

Then, even if it was his own fault, he complained with momentum to the Duke.

The Duke's expression remained unchanged.
    Oh, I'm screwed.
    "These days, it's a good idea for people who don't know where they've been coming from to fight for money, saying they're going to work for the aristocracy. Things that aren't fundamental must happen!"
    "Oh, is that so?"

"Of course! It's a shame that I had a generous heart, but it would have been a mess if I didn't! It's better to get rid of women who haven't had a problem before they're in trouble. "

The Duke’s eyes were cold as he calmly looked at the silver tray in the middle of his head shape.

"Why did you carry this around?"
    Besides, that's a very calm voice.
    It was more comfortable to criticize me for daring to cause an accident.
    Like a sinner, I bowed my head and touched my fingertips.
    "I carried it around to clean up the wine glass ······."
    I was embarrassed, resentful, and angry.

I can't help but shed tears.
    "Not that."

In my ears, barely standing with force on the tip of my toes, I heard a small, small tongue kicking sound(tch?).

"I mean, why are you holding something so light and won't hurt if you hit it?" huh?"

When I looked up to see if I had heard it wrong, my father put down the silver tray as if he were throwing it fiercely on the table.

"If you're going to beat someone, you should have used something like this."
    And what he put in my hand was a heavy marble tray with a thickness of two fingers.

In other words, is it okay to dump the pot at all...?!

D-duke! What are you talking about?"

The dirty scumbag almost turned his eyes upside down and raised his voice.

"How dare a maid injure me, a noble man!"
    The Duke still had a calm face.

However, as soon as the mouth was opened, the voice was cold enough to give goose bumps to the arm.

"Baron Ulle." It is a truly dirty, real-life name.

I had to hold back my tears a while ago, and now I had to work hard to hold back my laughter.

The sense of humiliation had disappeared before I knew it. I thought I could laugh when I recalled this memory.
    Until the Duke says the next thing.
    "Did you just call my person a maid?"
    "What did you just say ·····?"

'Huh?' The same question popped out of me and the scumbag’s mouth at the same time.
    "My, my person ······!"
    The scumbag stuttered with a stupid face.

That freaked me out too! What are you talking about?!

I looked around in a hurry, not having time to hide my embarrassment.

When I faced the eyes of many people, my face was so hot that I sweated all over.

The only nonchalant thing was the Duke of Hanston.
    "It's unacceptable to treat my employee carelessly, Baron." Ah, it meant that I’m his ‘person’ that he employed.

“I think it’s time for this guest to go home. Send him back now.”

Familiar faces who were waiting for him appeared behind his back as soon as the duke finished speaking.

"Yes, Duke."

Oh. It’s the uncles I met before! I was so glad that I almost cried out.

It was none other than the giant men who dragged me here on the first day.

"Baron Uld. You'll never get into this mansion again. Also, don’t ever show yourself before from now on."

At the Duke's last words, the baron's face was as white as if it were bleached.
    "Heh, Duke of Henston!"

Before long, the baron was dragged away and disappeared from the banquet hall.
    After a brief silence, cheerful music rang out again with a pleasant laugh as if nothing ever happened.
    But everyone seemed to be trying not to look at the Duke or the banquet hall door.

"Well, Duke."

I put my face in front of Duke Henston, with a short sigh.

"Thank you for your help. But... are you serious?"

"I'm serious." He nodded heavily, looking at the marble tray I held dear in my arms.
    Surprised, I quickly put down the stone in my hand.
    "Oh, no. I'm not really asking if I can beat anyone with this! I was wondering if you gave me a promotion!"
    "Promotion? I don't know what you're talking about."

You just said you I’m your ‘person/(employee)’ hired by ‘yourself’. That means I’m a full-time employee now, aren’t I?!”

Then the Duke glanced at me with an absurd look, as if I am saying some kind of nonsense.
    Then, instead of answering, he told me a random story.

"I heard you had a brief conversation with Countess Rappel. Do you have anything to say to me?"

It looked like I saw it again.

I breathed a sigh when I felt like I didn't even have to talk about other topics.

I sighed deeply, in an attitude that I didn't even need to talk about other topics.
    "I was actually on my way to tell you about it."
    "Okay, I'll meet you in the study after the banquet."
    He turned without delay, leaving me behind, nodding my head.
    "And it's still temporary."
    The voices of the good-natured people who said to listen clearly hit my ears.
    I turned around with my mouth pouting.
    As soon as the duke moved away, people's eyes turned to me as if they had waited.
    "What do you mean, my person? That woman?”

"Duke, will you choose a maid for your remarriage? I'm sure you sided with the employee. How sweet of you!"
    "Well, I guess so."
    They seemed to have lowered their voices, but they could hear their voices.
    I smiled awkwardly, pretending to be nonchalant, trying to hide my embarrassment.
    Like a cultured aristocrat, they didn't make a big deal out of this commotion.
    In addition, my father and I are about 10 billion light-years apart, so it was clear that there was a limit to our imagination no matter how curious we used our curiosity.
    Whatever it is, I'd rather not pay attention like this.
    I packed all the trays I had put down and took a dim step.
    The coming and resentment for my father soared in my heart.
    You're still working temporary? All right, I'll show you what I've been called a part-time ghost in my past life.
    And there's something else to shorten, what if I shorten the number of people I hired to be my person? The meeting was over, but the Duke's call was running late.

It was because of some customers who still didn't go back and gathered in the drawing room to enjoy drinking.
    "Oh, my God, you kept these rare kennel!"
    "Oh, come to the Duke's house every day!"
    "How much."
    "Hahaha!"
    Laughter echoed down the stairs to the banquet hall on the second floor.
    "Aigo······. There's no end to cleaning up."
    While helping other maids clean up the scattered tableware and glasses, I stood for a moment and tapped my arm, which had now lost its sense.
    Most people walked out and looked at the empty banquet hall, recalling the Duke a moment ago.
    "Did you call my person a maid now?" To be honest, it looked a little············· very nice to me.

How could you say that in such a nice way and then draw a line again, saying it's temporary.
    "Chit" I patted my lips unconsciously.
    And I said it out loud and clear.
    "I'll be a full-time employee!"
    No matter how high the wage is, it is not strange to be fired at any time if it is only temporary.
    Job security is the only way to live.
    To have stability and peace in my life, I must be a full-time employee. In fact, it was a goal that I never achieved in my previous life.
    So I'm going to make it in my second life!
    And I wish the job was a babysitter for Chestnut as much as possible.
    Our heroine is a good girl, but she's also a cute girl.
    As far as I thought, I suddenly wondered what Pieta was doing.
    I heard that there was a separate caregiver throughout the party, but it was strange that I couldn't see a single hair.
    Even if it's just for adults, it would be the courtesy of the aristocrats to greet their children lightly.
    But Pieta would say she doesn't like sloppily dresses.
    I nodded with conviction, recalling the pumpkin pants I saw the first day.

The Duke would never force a child to wear a dress, because he would never let him do anything he didn't like.
    And that pouty chestnut hair.
    Pieta must look strange to the eyes of other nobles.
    Perhaps the Duke must have blocked his daughter from speaking up in advance.
    I was busy walking out of the banquet hall.
    And stopped in front of a big green door.
    "Miss Pieta."
    Knock knock, and after a while, I heard a crowd over the door.
    "Who······?"
    "It's Daisy. May I come in?"
    Accepting silence as a yes, I sneaked into the room.
    The maid, who was supposed to take care of the chestnut, did not appear to have been away for a while.
    Pieta walked away without even looking at me and laid pick-and-pick on the bed.
    "What's wrong, miss?"

Then he hugged his knees without answering my question and turned into a round ball.
    That is certainly a sign of sulking.
    "Are you in a bad mood?"
    "·······Can't even go."
    "What?"
    "I'm the only one who can't go out."
    The child's murmur came out wistfully.

"I've wanted to go to the second floor today, I was always ready to go. Everyone said no because of the party. Dad and Hardy ···."

It was clear that there was also a strict order from the father not to let the child out.
    How stuffy it must have been in this room.
    I felt sorry for her.
    She's already a kid who likes to run around, and she must have been under a lot of stress all day.
    I sneaked open the door and made sure there was no one in the hallway.
    And I quickly approached the child who lay down weakly.
    "Then shall we go now?"
    "Where?"

"To the second floor party!"

In fact, it’s almost done, but the seats on the terrace are still there.

Earlier, the chief of staff instructed us to put away the chairs and lamps tomorrow.

At my words, Pierta gently blinked her eyes.

"I am going too?"

I tried to give him a nod, but she picked it again and turned his head.

No, I'm not going."

"Oh, I'm in trouble. The party at the Henston Duke Hall should not be finished in the first round."

She said she didn't like it with her mouth, but her cheeks, which had been swollen with pout, were already tucked in.

I didn't miss that opportunity.

"All the guests must have gone to bed early today. Everyone's gone home. But we still have to throw a second party, what should we do? Your father's busy, and he's... Do you want me to do it alone?"
    I sighed as if I were in a lot of trouble.
    Then Pieta muttered with a serious face.
    "Then I can't help it."
    The child jumped up from his seat and shouted, as if he had no energy.
    "I should wear a party costume, too!”

Chestnut, who ran to the front of the closet, couldn't control the excitement and rolled his feet.

The big eyes sparkled as if they were shooting stars.

I couldn't overcome my curiosity and looked directly into the inside of the closet, and I opened my mouth and breathed in without realizing it.

"Hyuk, my God..."

Dozens of pumpkin pants were hung in the closet in different colors.

"You should wear this."

The thing that Pieta, who was worried about, took out was pumpkin shorts with green velvet and orange stripes.

Fashion is not easy.

Is it a suit that resembles a sweet pumpkin?

"I'm six years old, so now I dress well for the party."
    The child tucked his feet into the pant leg by himself.

Even if she’s in a hurry, she dress pretty well, not like a child.

Soon after, Pieta, who even wore a green coat, looked like a chestnut flower in a sweet pumpkin.

It was so cute and lovely... and unique.

It was only then that I could understand a little about her father's feelings of concern that Pierreta would go up and down the nobles' cubic.

Only then could I understand a little bit about the father's concern that Pieta would be talked about by the nobles.

gnyaa, Xi-hime, Mi shiru and 25 others like this.
  8. miratap

miratap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank youuuu

9. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    They are so precious T.T

Ariary and simplysharonda like this.
  10. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome! I'm not confident with my english but I hope my little editing made it a little bit easier to read. :blobsweat:

Episode 7. Father, the truth is····· you are?!

We sneaked into the banquet hall, avoiding the eyes of others.
    As soon as I entered the terrace, I put the child down in my arms.
    'Wow!'

Chestnut was so impressed that he ran around the room full of excitement. She seemed to like the terraces that were splendidly decorated everywhere.

I hurriedly wrapped the red cape around the child's shoulder.
    "The wind is cold. You can't catch a cold, so ·····."
    I was only relieved after putting on the hat meticulously.
    However, Pieta was busy running around and watching, whether I did it or not.
    "There's a party in the mirror room! I like this place. I wanted to have a party here, too."
    Huhu, it's too early to admire with only this much.
    I peeled off the colorful chocolate wrappers I received from the ladies earlier and stuffed them inside the glass lamp.
    It's not long before the lamp lights up.
    Rainbow colors spread subtly around.
    At the same time, Chestnut's eyes sparkled.
    "Wow, it's like a real party!"
    Chestnut couldn't take her eyes off the lamp with her mouth wide open.
    It wasn't until a long time later that she looked at me and asked looking amazed,
    "Is Daisy an expert?"
    "What? What kind of expert?"
    "Party·····."
    It was cute to see her hesitating, so I burst into laughter.
    There happened to be a set of teacups on the table.
    "Do you want milk?"
    Pieta replied cheerfully, then eagerly climbed into the rattan chair and sat down.
    Chestnut wearing a red cape like a strawberry, wearing a hat and sitting quietly.
    Oh, so cute.
    Our heroine is really like a crop that you want to grow with a lot of love.
    On the way here, I took the milk bottle and the bottle of warm water out of the apron.
    I put warm water in a large kettle and dipped a bottle of milk in it, and said in a deliberately decorated voice.
    "How would you like it heated?
    "Yes."

"You just have to do a little bit of it."

Fortunately, Chestnut also matched the rhythm to see if this game was fun.

Looking at my favorite child giggled, the compassion in my heart grew ever more.

"Miss."

"Yes," Chestnut snatched up a cup of milk.

"The Duke of Henson... your dad didn't let you show up for the party today?"

Is it because she is the heroine of the future?

Pieta is certainly an extraordinary child.

Seeing the behavior of collecting dozens of pumpkin pants with a shaved head was not in the four-dimensional view of health.

But that doesn't mean you just have to hide your child.

Though they may be embarrassed behind the scenes, no one would dare say anything in front of him, but I felt sorry and upset at the same time.

"Next time, try to say that the young miss wants to go. I'm sure he'll allow it even if he disagree at first."

Then Chestnut opened her eyes round and shook her head.

"No, it's not that my uncle wouldn't let me out, it's that he didn't like it because people keep touching my hair."

"My lady's hair is like a chestnut, so it's cute. Everyone would want to touch it..... What? What did you just say?"

Uncle? Did you just say uncle? I doubted both ears for a moment.

"Yes, you can only touch my hair if I allow it."

"No, miss. Uncle ····?

"Yes, you can touch my uncle. But Hardy isn't ready yet."

Chestnuts, with a proud face, touched the hat above my head.

Is there another third person I don't know? Uncle?

"Is the uncle you’re talking about, the Duke of Henston?"

"Yes."

"Why do you refer the Duke, Uncle? I'm definitely sure you said Dad before."

"Because my uncle is sad if I don't call him daddy."

Chestnut replied with a sullen face, munching on her lips.

On the other hand, I was so surprised that I almost dropped the bottle of milk from my hand.

I'm sure I've heard other nobles at the banquet chanting that it's time for him to remarry.

What do you mean uncle?

I squeezed my brain and rummaged through the settings in my memory.

However, I didn't remember putting the settings related to this no matter how much I thought about it.

So you're saying that Chestnut is not Duke Henston's daughter, but his niece?

The secret of birth that the original author doesn't even know is hidden!

When I was surprised and immersed in my thoughts, I heard the sound of a small sneezing in my ear.

"Oh, my lady, are you cold? Shall we go to the room now?"

"Body ····."

Chestnut bummed his nose and reached out to me.

I wrapped the child in my robe, just like when I entered the banquet hall.

" Exciting! "

Pieta laughed softly, as she was hidden in my embrace.

As soon as we got back to the room, I changed the chestnut into a thick yellow pajama.

"Pajamas are pumpkin-patterned, too.”

As I murmured to myself and smiled softly, Chestnut nodded with joy as if she was happy that I recognized it.

"Pumpkins are the best in the world."

"That's right."

"Daisy understands my mind a little."

Pierre went into bed with a big smile and fell asleep. She was really a hopeless child.

It's a bit unusual, but the child's eyes were quickly filled with drowsiness.

It was understandable because she had drunk hot milk and it’s way past her bedtime.

"Daisy, good night ·····."

Before she knew it, Pieta started snoring.

My eyelids got heavier as I watched a child who fell asleep without knowing the world.

Well, it's been a really tough day. I worked so hard that I didn't even think about it, and by the way, ・・・ I can’t believe he’s the uncle. I leaned beside the bed, lost in thought.

And I closed my eyes for a moment.

How much time has passed since then? ····What the?”

I heard a familiar voice in my ear.

"Why are you here?"

Oh, who was it?

You have a very nice voice······.

"You don't think about getting up."

No, I woke up. Oh, just five minutes and I'll open my eyes.

I have already answered with my heart.

But I couldn't lift a finger, let alone speak up.

It felt heavy as if someone was pressing on her limbs.

"I was dumbfounded."

I thought I could hear a slight tongue flick on my forehead, and suddenly something soft was around my shoulder.

As the body warms up, my legs naturally stretch out.

Someone also dragged the blanket over the bed, turned off the light and quietly left the room.

Oh, you must be the Duke.

I fell into a deeper sleep without thinking any more.

In the morning when the early birds chirped and the glorious sun poured down, I was in a state of wanting to cry.

Because when I opened my eyes, I realized that I’m laying on a bed next to the chestnut’s bed and was sleeping soundly.

And it must have been caught by the Duke.

The duke, who asked me to come in the morning to hear the story I wasn’t able to tell him last night, only stared for a while without saying anything when I showed my face.

His expression changed only when I brought up the subject of Mrs. Rapel.

"Is that true?"

"Yes, the child in Countess Rafel's belly ······."

I nodded instead of finishing my words.

"Ha," the Duke groaned briefly and pressed the temple with his long, beautiful fingers.

I've already said it dozens of times, but it still seems unbelievable.

"It's a pain in the neck that he’s not even been born yet."

"The eldest of the Lapel family will certainly be the youngest academic outstanding person in the Academy.

He'll be able to graduate early with great momentum.

He even became a professor at the age of 20 and returned to the school he graduated from…

"But Pieta has no business going to the Academy in the south."

As if he didn't want to hear about the male lead’s specifications, the duke cut me off.

"My family has lived in Pontifoul City for generations, and it is the most prestigious city in which the school came."

"But she'll meet him later because he's a private tutor for Pieta. He is younger than Pieta, but at any rate he is a genius enough to be a professor at age 20."

"The eldest son of the Lapel family?"

"Yes, he had to earn money for studying abroad. The Lapel family doesn't get any better in the future. But he fell in love with the beautiful young Pieta."

I said carefully, keeping an eye on my father.

When I looked for the male lead, I couldn't help but sigh.

I thought it was because I was so moved by meeting the parents in person.

She seemed to cherish her child, ··········, "I can't believe he threw it all away even though he did his best to study without his parents."

So even if you risk your life raising your child, ·······. I mumbled like a nut and then hurriedly shut my mouth.

This is because the Duke's face, which had been silent and folded his arms for a while, has become more and more ugly.

"Mu, of course, I'm not saying Pieta is bad!" I reached out desperately.

"I want to study abroad in the early days…"

"As long as he doesn't have to be a private teacher! Then he won't have a meeting with Pieta."

Since then, I wanted to see Rafel rise to fame as a scholar.

Rather than destroying all the hard-pressed golden pagodas wrapped up in the name of love!

"Why don't we find a private tutor? As long as she doesn’t take lessons from the eldest son of the Lapel family, it’ll be fine.”

I shook my arms in an exaggerated move and drew blood around my neck.

I wouldn't do anything to a pregnant woman, but I was scared because the Duke's spirit seemed so terrifying.

"I'll take care of that."

But all that came back was a sober answer.

I didn't give in and hung on once again.

"Still, Father, listen to me one more time. What?"

Soon, wrinkles were drawn on Duke Hensdon's brow.

"This is not in the contract, does that mean it's okay to be terminated at any time?"

I was startled by the cold warning and shut my lips immediately.

"Stop going out there,"

"·····Yes."

I was trying to turn around weakly, but somehow he caught me again.

"Oh, and,"

"What?"

“Baron of Water* has always touched the maid's body carelessly. ( 남작은 mul namjag-eun)

Seeing that he didn't do anything that could be officially questioned, he seemed to have subtly filled his selfish desires by using the difference of status."

Baron of Water·······? Oh, that perv old man! I felt like I was getting hot again when yesterday's incident came to mind again.

It felt as if the unpleasant sensation was still in my body.

"I wouldn't have invited him if I knew he was that kind of person, but I didn't go to social gatherings that well, so I made a mistake. I apologize formally for that. I'm sorry."

The father bowed his head lightly, but in polite motion.

I waved my head wildly at the unexpected apology.

"Oh, no! It's not our father's fault!"

“Normally I wouldn't have been punished, but I'm different. If you want anything, I'll listen.”

The egg he was doing came in through his ears, but it went out without putting it in his head.* (I have no idea¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

The fact that he bowed his head to me and apologized to me was so amazing that my head burst. I didn't know how to react, so I threw a joke around.

It's more overkill than usual, "Hah, haha! If it's punishment, you have to cut it off! Don't you have to give them that much to break their bad habits? Sorry, it’s too bad.”

As my voice grew louder, the Duke just stared at me silently.

It wasn't until I slowly reduced my voice to awkwardness that he asked again.

"······Really?"

"What?"

"Will that do?"

Uh, what is it ·····?

"Oh, yeah, what ·····.." I shuddered and felt daunted.

The Duke of Henston seemed to be thinking hard about something and nodded heavier than usual.

"All right, a promise is a promise. You may go out now.”

As if there was nothing to do anymore, the order of death fell.

I bent my head and tried to get out, but suddenly I stopped walking.

Come to think of it, I've been curious about something since yesterday.

Suddenly I felt unbearable without asking.

Rather than stepping out, I came close to his desk.

"Well, Duke, there's something I'd like to offer you."

"What else?"

He sounded like he was giving me a slap in the face, saying, "You never listen to me properly."

Even the rough and dry hand gestures seemed so.

But I was a slave of curiosity, and I finally opened my mouth.

"By any chance····."

" By any chance, what?"

" ··Are you uncle?"

His hand rubbing his face finally ate.

His hand, which was rubbing his face, finally snapped.

Episode 8. Is there anything you can't do?

The eyes of Duke Dean Hensdon, hidden from Daisy by his large hand, blinked as if they were trembling.

By the time he slowly lowered his hand, he had returned to his usual expressionless face.

"·······How did you know?" He couldn't stop the slight tremor in his voice.

She carefully confided the truth.

"Chestnut-- I mean, I heard it from my daughter."

"What?" That was the end of his calmness.

He eventually sighed loudly and laid his hand on his forehead as if it were collapsing.

"Haa·····."

It was a confidential secret that Pieta was not her biological daughter.

It is no exaggeration to say that she is a precious child.

It was unbearable for such a child to be talked about with the modifier orphan.

Therefore, the most important criteria for hiring workers at the mansion is they ‘must be heavy-mouthed’*. (tight lipped)

Of course, never revealing what you see and hear to the outside world was a virtue that any duke's employee should have, and so far, everyone has kept well.

Besides, the young Pieta had never told anyone.

Does that mean that this woman opened the child's heart?

In just a few days? Dean felt deeply embarrassed.

It was like being possessed by a ghost.

Daisy, who was just looking at him then, said cautiously.

"I will never tell anyone. You don't have to worry about that."

Dean’s brows furrowed more and more deeper.

It felt more strange to be comforted.

But Daisy's words are not over.

"And ······ I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Did you just say sorry?"

A sharper voice than usual followed.

Acha, I wanted to, but she was already slightly intimidated.

"I want to apologize for being too straightforward without knowing the detailed circumstances."

She looked terrified.

Looking at that, Dean couldn't understand more.

Even Hardy, who has been with her since her birth, hasn't solved the child's vigilance yet, and this person who looks so sloppy has won Pieta's favor in just a few days?

Is there any special connection between the original writer and the main character that I don't know?

It was hard to understand even if I thought about it again and again.

Dean's head was filled with all kinds of questions and confusion.

No clear answer could be given to any questions.

'I made a mistake again ·····.'

I stared at the stone-hardened face of the Duke of Henston and scolded myself.

How much I regretted blowing up the fact that this is the world of fiction.

It has been less than a few days since I decided to be careful in the future, why is there no progress so far?

The duke, who was looking at me with his mouth closed, sighed helplessly.

Then he took something out of the desk drawer and stuck it out.

It was a thick bundle of papers.

I read the first chapter quietly without asking what it was.

[15 years for the Hensdon family, sealed to Duke, 9th generation Dean Henston, family relationship: daughter Pieta Henstone.]

There were many explanations as complex as the thickness of the document, but this was the only thing that caught my eye.

And on top of that, I found out that he was only two years older than me.

"Is there a problem?"

I shook my head.

Anyway, on paper, it was clear that he had already registered as a parent.

I was curious about what family history he had, but I didn't ask anything anymore.

It's literally 'family history'. It's rude to try to dig it up.

However, no matter how much I thought about it, I couldn't easily understand.

How did the stories of the past that the writer did not write come up?

"Now, no matter what anyone says, she's my own daughter."

I nodded my head wide at Dean, speaking to myself as if it were a commitment.

For a short period of time, his affection from the sidelines was truly out of the question.

There was no doubt in his sincere care for Pieta.

Then he lowered his eyes and quietly moved on.

"If this fact is revealed somewhere ·······."

I could understand what was said without listening.

"I will keep the secret."

I swore with a loud voice.

"I don't think it matters whether the young miss is a biological daughter or not. It doesn't change the fact that the Duke is the one who cares for her more than anyone else."

And this wasn't flattery, this was a heartfelt statement.

"······Yeah."

That was a blunt and short answer.

But before I knew it, his face was slightly softened.

In particular, the muscles between the mouth and the forehead, which seemed stubborn, were slightly stretched.

While I'm at it, I decided to be a little more honest.

It was something that I did not dare say out loud because I was so wary of father.

"Honestly, I was a little surprised when we first met. First of all, her hair and attire were a little different from that of a young child of a noble family. But after spending a few days with Pieta, I find it very well-suited and precious. Most of all, the child likes it."

The Duke suddenly rose from his seat at the word.

Then he pushed a bookshelf back.

Surprisingly, the hidden space was revealed.

Like a huge dressing room.

It was full of pretty and cute dresses.

It was all Pieta's clothes.

His heart seemed to be in the grip of wanting to give his child all the best things.

"I bought everything that I thought was pretty, so it's hard to store. Most of them were never worn.”

He turned around with his hand stuck in his pocket.

His face looked quite serious.

I thought he might have been disappointed.

All the clothes that he bought for the child with the hope of her wearing them are piled up like this.

"She never left her clothes in someone else's hands. Even to me,"

"She'd be uncomfortable with a dress like that because she likes to run around. Still, Pieta believes that the Duke...”

"Don't you think it's great?"

"Yes? Wha- what?"

When I asked him blankly at the unexpected remark, he turned his ears and pretended to cough.

"Isn’t she insisting on clothes that are comfortable for activities even though she is still young? It means that she value practicality."

"What? Ah······. Yes, isn't it?"

"She don't like long hair, so she order it herself to cut it short. Our exclusive hairdresser says a child like this is more likely to become a great artist in the future."

I soon realized.

His embarrassed look is a sign that he's going to turn into a stupid person* (aka baka-dad) from now.

"Oh, but you don't have to tell me all about where Pieta stands out later. It's one of the greatest pleasures to watch with my own eyes. She's amazing in many ways."

"Yes, it is."

"Oh, you know, this happened once. I asked her to choose her favorite color..."

Since then, uncle proudly told his niece······ No. Father’s boasting of his daughter almost never stopped.

I stood there and nodded nonstop to the point where my neck hurt.

After that, when I was released and returned to my room, it was almost lunchtime.

Huh?!

The kitchen was particularly noisy all afternoon.

Out of curiosity, I went down, and it seems everyone was busy moving.

The party's over, why are you so busy?

I quickly blocked the front of a servant who was passing by me.

"Hey, wait a minute."

"What?"

"Is something wrong?"

"What's the matter?"

"Because the kitchen side seems to be noisy. "

He breathed out as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"We’re suddenly getting a visitor tonight. The Duke ordered us to prepare the best dinner, but yesterday's banquet left the kitchen untidy, so it's all on alert."

"Yeah, I heard they're some countess. Anyway, there's a dish the lady can't eat because she's pregnant ·····."

“Do-don't tell me, is it Count and Countess Rafel?!”

I was so surprised that I quickly cut off the servant's grumbling.

"I think that's the name," he nodded.

It was only this morning that I confided information to Dean about the child in the womb.

However, inviting them in the evening was unbelievable behavior.

What the hell are you going to do with the Count?

Besides, why didn't you say a word to me!

No, this is not the time.

I hurriedly said ‘thank you’ to the servant, who just looked at me because he doesn’t understand English, I rushed to the Duke’s office like an arrow.

But he was not there already.

"The Duke? He said he had something to check before dinner, but he went to the filing office a little while ago."

"Oh, he's here. Though, he just went out. What should I do? Well, dinner will start soon, so he'll be right back."

"When will he come back? But he just went to the office a little while ago to take care of something."

It wasn't just the servants who were busy preparing for guests.

I had to play endless hide-and-seek for the Duke in this huge mansion.

Eventually, I didn't meet him until the sun went down.

I clenched my fist as I wiped my sweat.

If this happens, it's the judge's game. We have no choice but to infiltrate the dinner table.

I took out my well-stretched maid's suit and put it back on.

And I put on a white hair towel and licked my lips in a grim manner.

It was all too clear why the Duke of Henston invited the Count and his wife, who saw the couple’s faces only yesterday, and not anyone else.

But what's he gonna do?

As time approaches, my heart beats like crazy.

I tried to calm myself down and threw the door wide open.

The kitchen was really like a battlefield.

"The duck pot must be cooled beforehand, so keep it as it is!"

"Chef, what shall we do with the salad?"

"Avoid rawness! Because there's a pregnant woman, go with cooked vegetables."

I took a deep breath watching the kitchen where everyone was moving in unison.

And shouted loudly.

"Let me help you, too!"

All eyes were on me at once.

And everyone's faces lit up as promised.

"Phew, Miss Daisy! Welcome."

Oh, my God, I'm alive!" All of them watched my performance yesterday.

"I've cleaned the table, so I'll set it up! Give me the tableware and crystal glasses!"

My hands and feet moved busily.

The experience of working as a lunch part-time worker at a restaurant in Bing's former office district, and the time at Shanu Restaurant after Bing's death, came together to create a moment for her to shine.

The finest silverware and glasses stand out with colorful craftsmanship were lined up.

When I went back to the kitchen, I found a plate full of appetizing dishes and various wines tailored to the food.

Then a servant ran over and shouted.

"The Count and Countess have arrived."

"All right, let's go!"

I quickly brought a push cart and moved the food.

I thought it wouldn't be unnatural if I entered the room like this.

Come to think of it, all the foods looked so pretty and appetizing that I felt nervous in handling them in fear of messing up.

Of course, the things that was served to the party yesterday were great, but today it really seemed like it was specially catered for today’s guests.

Because it was full of luxurious dishes that made your eyes wide open.

It was so that I felt that we are being visited by a royal family member or a distinguished guest from a foreign country.

Isn’t the Rafle couple a noble with a status of a count?

It is rare to invite people with lower titles than yourself and treat them this much. No, it wouldn't happen at all.

Even the Counts of Lapel are potential enemies in the eyes of the Duke of Henston.

"I'll carry the food."

Then, a good-looking maid offered to help me.

"You've been working too much on your own since before."

I shook my head quickly, tightening my grip on the push cart.

"Let me be responsible to the end."

"But you’re a newbie who hasn't been here long, and I think it's going to be too hard ·····."

"Thank you for your concern. But I'm originally a person who likes to work."

The lie came out very well.

Without time to be sorry, I was just in a hurry. I'm afraid the talk will not end before I even carry food.

"····· are you sure you're okay?"

As soon as the door opened, I heard the serious voice of Count Rapel.

He turned his eyes quickly, he was blinking with his eyes red.

What the hell is going on?

"I don't understand why you made such a suggestion to us ···."

Such a suggestion?

What's that suggestion?

Count Rappel, if you're trouble now, shake your silver fork!

I put the plate down as slowly as I could, trying to figure things out somehow.

If you finish your work too soon, your excuse to stay in this room will disappear.

But maybe because it was too slow, the Duke's eyes bloomed on me.

Looking at the slightly frowning eyebrows, he seemed to have no idea that the maid carrying food was me.

But he soon returned to a nonchalant and relaxed face.

"The reason for the offer is very simple."

Then, slowly turning the wine glass he put down in front of him, he continued to talk in a rather hard but polite manner.

"I looked at the research reports that Count Rafel submitted in a foreign academy. It's a great idea, as expected from the family that has produced a lot of scholars from generation to generation."

"I'm flattered."

The Count was embarrassed and pleased.

His hands seemed to show how he felt when he kept twitching and loosening his fingers.

To him like that.

The Duke of Henston smiled very gently and said.

"I don't think we can just wait and see a man like this buried. I was just looking for a place to invest. If it's not difficult to re-propose, could you please review it in a financial manner?"

"I thought I couldn't just wait to see this kind of talent being buried as it is. I was just looking for a place to invest. If you don't find it difficult to make another proposal, would you please consider it carefully?”

"What do you mean, trouble? How could that be so!"

Count Lapel jumped up on the spot as if he couldn't overcome the excitement.

The wind pushed the chair back with a squeak.

"Honey·····!"

The Countess called her husband in a raised voice.

However, looking at his joyous expression, she did not seem to be trying to reproach his sudden behavior.

The Count said in a trembling voice, his eyes shining.

"To be honest, I've always dreamed of walking the path of scholars.

But I couldn't turn a blind eye to what I had to do as a count. Besides, I am not young anymore, and I have a child who will be born soon..."

"I understand, I would have put the family's work first. And I greatly appreciate the Count's responsibility."

As the Duke of Henston helped, Count Rafel breathed heavily and continued.

"I thought I'd like to do some more research if I had a chance someday, but I never thought that the Duke would write a letter of recommendation to the academic institute of the Tistan Empire.

If it doesn't bother you, I'd like to accept it."

What did I just hear? Recommendations? The Tistan Empire?

My jaw is wide open.

"I also have high expectations for the Count. It must be quick to say that you accept the offer. Salary will be set at the same level as advanced scholars, and tuition and childcare support will be paid if their researchers have children. So I'll support both the mansion and the means of transportation so that you can get there as soon as possible."

"Huh? Well, is that so?"

Count Rafel rubbed his eyes in incredulity.

And it was the same for me.

They must have been sent away on the pretext of giving the Counts a good opportunity.

Yeah, that way, you'll be able to automatically send the kid off the ship.

Oh my God, but on such a big scale... The only one who was not surprised was Duke Henston, who seemed calm.

And his lavish offer doesn’t end there.

"It's a long way to Tistan, but I'll do my best to make sure you don't have any trouble moving. Professional lawmakers will be on board the vessel with the highest-end private rooms. And I'm going to send you teachers to teach you the Tistanian Empire from tomorrow, how about that? If you can have a simple conversation, it will be more comfortable for you to stay."

"Oh, my!" Mrs. Lapel's eyes were moistened, unable to overcome the emotion.

My jaw was so wide open that it got stiff and I barely managed to close it.

Since then, the duke has continued to make a unilateral move toward the enemy.

The Counts and his wife, who had been treated with astonishing suggestions, drove home in a private carriage for the Duke of Hinston.

In the meantime, the couple bowed to the duke hundreds of times.

"Duke・・ ・・・!"

On my way back from seeing the carriage off, I rushed ahead of him going across the garden.

On the way back from seeing the wagon, I ran in a hurry in front of him going across the garden.

"What?"

"What do you mean, you're sending the Count and his wife abroad?"

"It's simple. The Tistan Empire's Academy of Sciences has good treatment, but especially there are many places with good research environments. Ah. Of course, I created a system that provides subsidies when giving birth to children," he said.

"Well, so it's all because of the male lead who's going to be born, right?"

"Of course."

He answered as if it were natural.

As he opened his mouth with a gaping grin, he slowly followed his words with a languid expression that seemed like it was nothing.

"Count Lapel was a man who wanted to study steadily. But the estate is too small and the finances are not very good. That's why I wrote a letter of recommendation to the best academic institution under the Tistan Empire, which requires the support of my scholarship foundation, so It's a win-win."

"No, that much because of a child who has not been born yet・ ・・ And what about the Rafel family?"

"One of the Count's relatives will take over. I've already taken all the necessary procedures, so only people need to be chosen. And I heard their son wants to study abroad in the future anyway?

That's true, though. I mumbled my lips silently.

"So I'm just sending it in advance."

He grinned, turning his back on the rising moon.

"Is there anything you can't do?"

In the end I couldn't say anything at the end of the day as if I had become a honeyed mute.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    gnyaa, Xi-hime, Korleone and 26 others like this.
  11. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, i only use mtl dont really know korean..:blobsweat: but if there are any mistakes, there are probably a lot lol, please let me know. Ill try to edit as best as i can. :)

Yae00 likes this.
  12. LeideLis

LeideLis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's say that Duke is her uncle!! Not Dad!!! :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

But cute little pie is daugther of the duke's brother or sister? :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

13. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
  14. LaSyJd

LaSyJd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This manhwa is promising, the characters are loveable.

Ariary, xpeanut and Guide1410 like this.