I am searching for a website to possibly post my novel...

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Mono Wynt, May 4, 2021.

1. Mono Wynt

Mono Wynt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there! I'm an aspiring author who wants to try building a website for my novel but is a total noob at it.
    I read some advices here and there, although I might just resort to royalroad or... wattpad or... scribble hub if I'm not able to make one.
    I'm planning to do some beta to people I know before trying to somehow publish my "novel." As I am also a noob at writing, that isn't my concern for now as I'm still practicing with it.
    How could I possibly publish my own novel for free? Is there a platform where I can publish my own novel safely while also being taken seriously?
    Advance thank you to who will response to this thread!

2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Mono Wynt and Sutad Aatma like this.
  3. Sleepy_Panda

Sleepy_Panda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can create your own website for free on Wordpress and Wix. You can also create your own blog in Blogspot. If you can't create your own website, you can also use the platforms Quotev and FictionPress besides the ones you mentioned. Although I never created my own website before, I do have some lessons about how to create your own website in my school before. If you need anything, feel free to tell me. I'll be glad to help :blobsmilehappy:

Mono Wynt likes this.
  4. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    In all seriousness, I would like to say that posting your novel on sites like ScribbleHub or RoyalRoadl is a lot better than creating your own site for it. The main issue is exposure. There are a lot of people who use sites like them and once someone likes your novel, word will spread about it. There are also mechanics like "trending" or "recommendations" that can help increase the popularity once it gains traction.The search mechanics also allow people who like the genre to find your novel easily.

If you post it on a standalone site, you will have a lot of trouble getting readers unless it becomes very popular. Most people wouldn't go searching for individual sites to read what's there unless they know that there's something really good.

5. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will agree to this user. You can start by experimenting your story on scribblehub/royalroad/wattpad to see the kind of reaction you get. Furthermore, since these platforms are already well-established places for aspiring authors, it also gives you wider exposure. So you can start by creating your first draft on these platforms and then if you feel like you want to go solo, you can formulate your second draft or final draft on your personal website. (y)
    Also, good luck with your novel! :cookie:

aintg and Mono Wynt like this.
  6. Personcalleddumbo

Personcalleddumbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wattpad is a really good source!
    I've published 3 fanfics there, and the amount of readers am positive comments is immense!

aintg and Mono Wynt like this.
  7. Mono Wynt

Mono Wynt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for all the responses! I'll work hard in writing!
    Good luck to you guys too!

aintg, Ahhhhhhhhhhhh and Sutad Aatma like this.
  8. zisefenghuang

zisefenghuang Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So glad I found this. Found most of the answers to my questions. Thank you all.

aintg likes this.